Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 08-03-2017, 8:17 AM

FYI did livescan today and they told me not to wait on completing training. They said with the new system they are getting results back in about a week and to upload the livescan form, training cert and residency right away. They believe the days of months of waiting for livescan results are over.

Also, in case anybody who has not already tried to do a modification is curious, mods are still not being accepted except during renewal.

Old 08-03-2017, 8:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickbowen5 View Post
Does anyone know if I have to have all 3 guns I plan on having on my permit before I submit the app?
A whole 11 posts above yours.....Post 4109.
Old 08-04-2017, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperforward View Post
No, no copy. I did get a temporary replacement debit card. The customer name on it is "Wells Fargo Customer". However it doesn't work on the site. Because I applied for a new license the experation date is temp as well so the system rejects it.

The woman I spoke to yesterday said to report it once I receive my new license. She said I should receive it under the ten day cap but that's not what DMV said about a replacement license timeline.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear you lost your wallet. Hope you didn’t have any irreplaceable items in it. Have you filed a crime report with your local law enforcement agency yet? If not, you may want to do this to benefit you in several ways.
If you live in Sacramento County go to this web address and file a “Lost Property” report: https://www.sacsheriff.com/Pages/Ser...portCrime.aspx
1. This will provide you with a “Police Report” number and officially document you have notified law enforcement of the loss of your CCW and all other items contained in your wallet.
2. The report can also be provided to the Sacramento Sheriff CCW office to show you reported the loss of your CCW within the 10 day period.
3. Aide law enforcement in contacting you to return any items recovered or turned in.
4. May be useful should you become the victim of identity theft {especially if you had your SSN # in your wallet}
Just my 2 cents
Old 08-04-2017, 5:25 PM
Veteran Member

Default Sacramento *** TIME TO APPLY!!! ***

His wallet was returned. Post #4111.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-05-2017, 7:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS94901 View Post
FYI did livescan today and they told me not to wait on completing training. They said with the new system they are getting results back in about a week and to upload the livescan form, training cert and residency right away. They believe the days of months of waiting for livescan results are over.

Also, in case anybody who has not already tried to do a modification is curious, mods are still not being accepted except during renewal.
I certainly hope that we no longer have to wait months for livescan results. That's excellent, if true.
Old 08-06-2017, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS94901 View Post

Yes, Im bitter about it.
I think you all should wait over 6 months like I did.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:33 AM

FYI to everyone that's about to do their first initial interview with the SHERIFF department, you can longer do a live scan right after the first appointment because I just went to the initial interview yesterday and I insisted that I wanted to do the live scan right after the interview but the officer told me we no longer allow applicants to do the live scan right after the initial due to the fact applicants that fail the ccw process made a huge deal about paying for the live scan and they still failed the process. I know that officer wasn't lieing to me either because the officer ask upper management can we print out the live scan paper for the applicant if he insist that he wanted to do the live scan and the upper management person said no.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:27 AM

Default Got it!

OK I am bitter no more.

Picked up this AM.
Only 2 dates worth listing.
2/22/17 Initial appointment
8/8/17 Permit issued.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucew57 View Post
OK I am bitter no more.

Picked up this AM.
Only 2 dates worth listing.
2/22/17 Initial appointment
8/8/17 Permit issued.

My initial appointment was January! Nothing so far! Now I am beyond it..
Old 08-14-2017, 6:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbw420 View Post
My initial appointment was January! Nothing so far! Now I am beyond it..
Are you saying that you've received no form of communication (email) asking for additional documents like your 16 hr training, update proof of residency, etc since your initial interview?
Old 08-14-2017, 9:42 AM

My initial appointment was January. I got my livescan (approval) email 2 weeks ago.
Went for livescan last week

This will give newbies hope.
Talked to a guy while waiting. He made his appointment 6 weeks ago, had his appointment 2 weeks ago, got his approval email last week.

Here is another question. I got an approval email 2 weeks ago, was livescan last week. Does that mean that I was approved?
During my interview in January, I could swear that he said that there will be a 2nd interview.
As of now I am assuming that I have not been approved. But my friends and the dude i met while having the livescan are saying that I was approved.

I uploaded al the info again. What is next?

It's just a clever handle
Old 08-14-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyatBest View Post
My initial appointment was January. I got my livescan (approval) email 2 weeks ago.
Went for livescan last week

This will give newbies hope.
Talked to a guy while waiting. He made his appointment 6 weeks ago, had his appointment 2 weeks ago, got his approval email last week.

Here is another question. I got an approval email 2 weeks ago, was livescan last week. Does that mean that I was approved?
During my interview in January, I could swear that he said that there will be a 2nd interview.
As of now I am assuming that I have not been approved. But my friends and the dude i met while having the livescan are saying that I was approved.

I uploaded al the info again. What is next?

Quote:
It means you were tentatively approved by Sacramento County pending livescan results.

Quote:
Your second "interview" will be your issuance appointment after your livescan results have been received. Livescan results in the past have taken 4-6 months to get back. I don't know what the current timeline is but I have heard they are coming back much sooner then that lately.

Last edited by Sapperforward; 08-14-2017 at 10:32 AM..
Old 08-14-2017, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by printrep View Post
Are you saying that you've received no form of communication (email) asking for additional documents like your 16 hr training, update proof of residency, etc since your initial interview?
You are correct.

I have called thinking there was a glitch or they glossed over me but I have heard nothing and the response I got from SSD was they can only see what I can see.

Not worried about approval, military member w/ TS clearance and clean record.... So what gives?
Old 08-14-2017, 3:29 PM

Quote:
You are correct.

I have called thinking there was a glitch or they glossed over me but I have heard nothing and the response I got from SSD was they can only see what I can see.

Not worried about approval, military member w/ TS clearance and clean record.... So what gives?
How long has it been? It took 6 months until I got my email.

Old 08-14-2017, 4:27 PM

Quote:
How long has it been? It took 6 months until I got my email.

A little over 7, but others here had interviews later than mine and got approval... That's the only part that makes me question.
Old 08-15-2017, 9:51 AM

As I mentioned in an earlier post, based upon a number of recent posts there seems to be no "pattern" of how applications are being processed. Some with initial interviews recently are getting conditional approvals to proceed with training before others that had initial interviews much longer ago.

As an additional point of reference I had my initial interview 5-03 and received email to proceed with training 07-31, just under 3 months.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:07 AM

Completed my training last weekend. Several people in the class received the e-mail to proceed with training on 7/27 or close to it. My interview was in July, but others with the same e-mail date had interviewed as early as Feb. I think as they now seem to be caught up on the renewal process they are finally getting through the new apps and conditionally approving them in big waves.

Old 08-15-2017, 1:40 PM

I just received an automated phone call, text and email saying my application has been approved and asking me to log in to Permitium to pay final fee. I did so and immediately received a text and email saying final payment has been received and that Sheriff's Office would email me about pick up instructions. I'll go ahead and post my whole timeline since the permit pickup is pretty much a given in the next few days, I believe Tuesday or Thursdays.

•2-16-2017: Electronic application sent.
•5-03-2017: Initial Interview
•5-04-2017: Livescan done at Sheriffs location 2101 Hurley Way, Sacramento, CA 95825
•5-04-2017: Copy of Completed Livescan form uploaded to Permitium
•7-31-2017: Email from Permitium “Additional Information Required”, “Congratulations! Your application for a Concealed Weapons Permit has moved to next stage of the application process”. Asking to upload 2 current proofs of residency and get 16 hour training.
•8-13-2017: Completed 16hr Course & Qualification forms, completed Livescan form, 2 current Proof of Residency uploaded to Permitium
•8-15-2017: Email, text, and phone call received informing me that application has been APPROVED and to sign in to Permitium website to pay final license fee. Paid the $80.00 + $2.62 fee = $82.62. Was immediately notified by email and text that final fee was received and that an email from Sheriff’s Office will instruct me on pick up instructions.
•8-16-2017: Email received saying permit ready for pick up!

Good luck everyone...approvals are coming!

Last edited by printrep; 08-16-2017 at 9:30 AM..
Old 08-15-2017, 2:23 PM

Quote:
I just received an automated phone call, text and email saying my application has been approved and asking me to log in to Permitium to pay final fee. I did so and immediately received a text and email saying final payment has been received and that Sheriff's Office would email me about pick up instructions. I'll go ahead and post my whole timeline since the permit pickup is pretty much a given in the next few days, I believe Tuesday or Thursdays.

•5-04-2017: Livescan done at Sheriffs location 2101 Hurley Way, Sacramento, CA 95825
•7-31-2017: Email from Permitium “Additional Information Required”, “Congratulations! Your application for a Concealed Weapons Permit has moved to next stage of the application process”. Asking to upload 2 current proofs of residency and get 16 hour training.
•8-13-2017: Completed 16hr Course & Qualification forms, completed Livescan form, 2 current Proof of Residency uploaded to Permitium
•8-15-2017: Email, text, and phone call received informing me that application has been APPROVED and to sign in to Permitium website to pay final license fee. Paid the $80.00 + $2.62 fee = $82.62. Was immediately notified by email and text that final fee was received and that an email from Sheriff’s Office will instruct me on pick up instructions.

This is great but I see no reason why you interviewed in May and got approval when I did in January

Just doesn't add up
Old 08-15-2017, 3:36 PM

Quote:
This is great but I see no reason why you interviewed in May and got approval when I did in January

Just doesn't add up
I agree. You may want to inquire again without ruffling any feathers....
Old 08-16-2017, 6:44 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the update. I received the same Email on 07/31. Taking my 16hr course this weekend.
Old 08-16-2017, 7:28 AM

FINALLY after close to 7 months, picking up the permit on Thursday.
Permit was approved per email on 6/26/17. Was told to wait for email to pickup. Checking in every two weeks to make sure that I did not miss the pickup email and was told it's still pending. Finally I emailed Amber directly yesterday and was told it was sitting at the front desk since 6/26/17. UGH! Advice to all, email Amber directly.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by automaticdman View Post
FINALLY after close to 7 months, picking up the permit on Thursday.
Permit was approved per email on 6/26/17. Was told to wait for email to pickup. Checking in every two weeks to make sure that I did not miss the pickup email and was told it's still pending. Finally I emailed Amber directly yesterday and was told it was sitting at the front desk since 6/26/17. UGH! Advice to all, email Amber directly.
What is her email? You can PM if you don't want to put it on blast...
Old 08-16-2017, 10:52 AM

I got her email from this forum. PM sent. Good luck!
Old 08-17-2017, 6:20 AM

Just an FYI...there have been past threads about calling the automated DOJ Livescan status line (916) 227-4557 to inquire about your progress. Some of the threads have mentioned that it's not very accurate either. Although my permit was approved 2 days ago and I pick up permit today, as of this morning the DOJ Livescan status line still tells me that my DOJ and FBI are still in progress....
Old 08-17-2017, 6:54 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
What is her email? You can PM if you don't want to put it on blast...
Sac Sheriff policy statement. http://www.sacramentocountyccw.com/i...%20Process.pdf

While everyone should read this entire document, for your purposes, read from the last page, last line first.
Old 08-17-2017, 9:47 AM

I turned in all my paperwork and livescan on Monday, and was approved wednesday. Now i am waiting to pick it up.

The sac county ccw process seems to have streamlined to a few weeks from initial appointment to receiving the ccw.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:44 AM

DVR
Pay particular attention to bullet point #1 under Conditions......

Conditions After Issuance of Approved Permits:
Annual qualification with the weapon(s)/type(s) listed on the permit and safety
inspection of each weapon specifically listed on the permit.

 Prior to renewal, permit holders must complete a legal firearms update refresher
course offered by any local range or security academy, every other year.
 Permit holders must report to the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department within 10
days of any arrest of the permit holder.
 No illegal drug use.
Violations of these conditions will result in the revocation of the concealed
weapons permit.

Any explanation of by whom and where?
M
Old 08-18-2017, 8:54 AM

Maybe for two reasons. one they are backlogged two they're implementing a new system that should streamline it. So the people that started the interview system when they first implemented the new system are still getting a long waiting time whereas the newer people are getting shorter waiting times because they have figured the system out

Old 08-18-2017, 8:55 AM

Anyone know how long the wait time is from paying your 82.62 until picking up your paper permit?

Old 08-18-2017, 9:41 AM

Quote:
Anyone know how long the wait time is from paying your 82.62 until picking up your paper permit?

In my case I paid in the afternoon and picked up the next morning at 8:00 am. Keep in mind that pick up days are only Tuesday or Thursday.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
In my case I paid in the afternoon and picked up the next morning at 8:00 am. Keep in mind that pick up days are only Tuesday or Thursday.
Will they are will they contact me and set up a pick up time and date? Or do I just go there on a Tuesday or Thursday?

Old 08-18-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Will they are will they contact me and set up a pick up time and date? Or do I just go there on a Tuesday or Thursday?

You should receive an email from them instructing you that it's ready for pick up. If you don't hear from them for a week I'd send off an email to Amber asking if it's ready for pick up. If it's ready you just show up on a Tuesday or Thursday to pick up. They will give you the hours they are open plus the time they close for lunch.
Old 08-18-2017, 1:18 PM

Okay. I will call her Tuesday once i get back from Idaho, where i will be carrying 😉, if i don't hear from them by then.