Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 10-23-2008, 7:21 PM

Default First time ammo online

So I broke down and bought some ammo online (like the title reads for the first time). Just about 1 hour ago I ordered 3 boxes 50 round boxes 1 .45 and 2 9mm.

Now I dont want to say from where, so I dont have any preconceived notions.

I will post when I get them as to how long it took and if my order is right as well as where I bought them from, with the price.

I guess this is for people like me who never have bought ammo online before. For now I just wait
Old 10-23-2008, 8:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I don't understand this thread. Buying ammo online is not taboo or unusual. Can't believe you only bought 150 rounds. You should have ordered a lil more to catch in on the Savings. For future reference, if you are planning on only buying little amounts of ammo online, go to Cabelas. I order all my .22lr ammo from them and the only reason why I order my .22lr ammo from them is because they send you this cool plastic ammo can that they sell for $16.99 for free if you buy ammo from them so I order one box of .22lr which costs me $13.99 for 500 rounds plus about six dollars for shipping and for $20 bucks I get a nice ammo can and my ammo, can't beat that price.
I think most folks bubba their AR's because they watch too many action movies, play too many video games and don't understand how to socialize properly, so they fantasize about being 'action hero's'. Kind of like little girls playing dress-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas711 View Post
Is everybody stocking up on guys now? Just curious some gun prices seem to be getting high.
Old 10-23-2008, 8:09 PM
Calguns Addict

I've always had good luck buying online. Here's hoping you do too.
Old 10-23-2008, 9:10 PM
Veteran Member

I bought ammo online a few times before and I bought in large quantities since I'm going to have to pay an obscene amount for shipping anyways so I might as well make it worthwhile.
"You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." --Admiral Yamamoto
USS Hornet ARC Member.

Join today?
Old 10-24-2008, 4:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USN CHIEF View Post
I don't understand this thread. Buying ammo online is not taboo or unusual. Can't believe you only bought 150 rounds. You should have ordered a lil more to catch in on the Savings. For future reference, if you are planning on only buying little amounts of ammo online, go to Cabelas. I order all my .22lr ammo from them and the only reason why I order my .22lr ammo from them is because they send you this cool plastic ammo can that they sell for $16.99 for free if you buy ammo from them so I order one box of .22lr which costs me $13.99 for 500 rounds plus about six dollars for shipping and for $20 bucks I get a nice ammo can and my ammo, can't beat that price.
It just seems that theres a few people around like me that don't know what to expect from buying ammo online. So I just thought I would share.

AS FOR ONLY GETTING 150 rounds. I would like to see if the website comes through before I send 200-300$. 150 rounds doesn't cost to much and I can still have alittle fun when and if it ever arrives.
Old 10-24-2008, 7:48 AM
Vendor/Retailer

So, tell us what site you purchased from. Then we can tell you what to expect as far as service from them.

Check out our e-commerce site here:

www.ebrworks.com

Now serving you from Prescott, AZ
Old 10-24-2008, 9:27 AM

I buy my ammo online all the time, it is so much easier for me. Plus tax free if you buy out of state. You really need to buy in bulk though to save most, because of the shipping. I found the shipping on say 10 boxes is not normally $2-3 more than the shipping on 1 box.

They come in a regular cardboard box via UPS. The UPS driver would require that someone over the age of 21 is there to sign for it.

May I add that Natchezss has a sale right now. $7.49 for 9mm CCI Blazer and $11.99 for .45 (per box of 50).
Old 10-24-2008, 1:42 PM

Well today checked my e-mail and received a few , well e-mails from the website. One was a welcome to our site, one a conformation of my order, and last one saying prossesing my order with a tracking number to come later.

So far I amy pretty happy about my first online buying ammo. I guess its just like buying anything else online.

I'm just a little oldschool when it comes to buying things. I like to hold and see the items first. Buying online is still kinda new.
Old 10-24-2008, 3:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandogg View Post
Well today checked my e-mail and received a few , well e-mails from the website. One was a welcome to our site, one a conformation of my order, and last one saying prossesing my order with a tracking number to come later.

So far I amy pretty happy about my first online buying ammo. I guess its just like buying anything else online.

I'm just a little oldschool when it comes to buying things. I like to hold and see the items first. Buying online is still kinda new.
I used to be that way too when I first started buying stuff online. Most of my gun related purchases I make online now and have not had any issues.
Glad to hear that you are feeling better about your online purchase. You will not regret it.
I think most folks bubba their AR's because they watch too many action movies, play too many video games and don't understand how to socialize properly, so they fantasize about being 'action hero's'. Kind of like little girls playing dress-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas711 View Post
Is everybody stocking up on guys now? Just curious some gun prices seem to be getting high.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:18 PM

Well got word my ammo has shipped today/ and ups conformation code. Its been 4 days and it just shipped Guess can't count sunday tho.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Vendor/Retailer

So, who did you order from? This is not a super secret process with lots of intrigue and risk!

www.ebrworks.com

Old 10-28-2008, 9:08 AM

Yeah, where did you order from? Why all the secrecy? Ordering ammo online is no different to buying a book or dvd from Amazon.

Last edited by richie894; 10-28-2008 at 9:13 AM..
Old 10-28-2008, 10:45 AM

Buying stuff online has been common for over ten years.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:04 AM

Are you wearing a foil hat right now?

What's the big deal about buying ammo online?
Old 10-28-2008, 11:12 AM

The reason I dont want to say where I ordered from is to avoid the noid .

I'm not sure how common ordering online was in the 90's. But I never ordered anything other than a few magazine subscriptions. So its new to me. Guess i'm on the late show.

Unfortunely my package is to arrive on the one day my wife will be home from work early. She's anti gun.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Unfortunely my package is to arrive on the one day my wife will be home from work early. She's anti gun.
No problem at all... you can also order a new bride off the Internet from anywhere in the world.

BC
Old 10-28-2008, 2:10 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backcountry View Post
No problem at all... you can also order a new bride off the Internet from anywhere in the world.

BC
Ahh...nothing like that new mailorder bride smell

www.ebrworks.com

Old 10-28-2008, 3:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Ahahahahahha!

Dude, it's 150 rounds, that's going to look like a pair of shoes.

Try explaining this to your wife, and then within the week when 10 crates (21,600 rounds) of 5.45x39 shows up:

THAT is when you have some splaining to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalK9.com View Post
Also dont worry if u have never built one once you go to a build party you will know everything and have a perfect functioning rifle.
Old 10-28-2008, 5:22 PM
Banned

Good job Tony! I'm glad I'm not the only that sees the need and convenience to have some ammo on hand. See ya at Panoche?
Old 10-28-2008, 6:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Z50 View Post
Good job Tony! I'm glad I'm not the only that sees the need and convenience to have some ammo on hand. See ya at Panoche?
You know it. We were just talking about planning a small group day. I'll pm you when we get more concrete.

Quote:
Also dont worry if u have never built one once you go to a build party you will know everything and have a perfect functioning rifle.
Old 10-29-2008, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backcountry View Post

BC
Old 10-29-2008, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
Ahahahahahha!

Try explaining this to your wife, and then within the week when 10 crates (21,600 rounds) of 5.45x39 shows up:

Ya could see it now. Honey what are all these boxes in the closet? Umm ya I used the CC to order 21000 rounds. Just think of it as an investment in our future
Old 10-29-2008, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Ahahahahahha!

Wow, I just bought 1000 rounds this morning for $360.00 how much does 21,600 rounds go for?
Old 10-29-2008, 7:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
Wow, I just bought 1000 rounds this morning for $360.00 how much does 21,600 rounds go for?
It was awhile back, but it was just about $2500. That is 5.45x39, I hope you paid $360 for 5.56x45 and not 5.45x39.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2008, 7:23 PM

Quote:
It was awhile back, but it was just about $2500. That is 5.45x39, I hope you paid $360 for 5.56x45 and not 5.45x39.
Damn, I hope it was too. last week I bought 500 rounds of Federal XM193 5.56mm M193 BALL. Today I bought 1000 rounds of.223 Remington PMC Bronze Rifle Cartridge, 55-Grain Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail Bullet, 3200 fps.

How can I be sure of the size, where is a good place to get on-line ammo? Ive been getting mine from CTD and TSG.
Old 10-29-2008, 7:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
Damn, I hope it was too. last week I bought 500 rounds of Federal XM193 5.56mm M193 BALL. Today I bought 1000 rounds of.223 Remington PMC Bronze Rifle Cartridge, 55-Grain Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail Bullet, 3200 fps.

How can I be sure of the size, where is a good place to get on-line ammo? Ive been getting mine from CTD and TSG.
Don't worry, at those prices you got 5.56 and .223.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2008, 7:40 PM

Like I said, where is a good site for ammo purchases? I would rather spend a couple thousand bucks and get a bulk deal than get 500 rounds a month and spend more money.

I found an interesting article on .223 / 5.56, I don't know how accurate the title is though.
Everything you ever wanted to know about .223 and 5.56 (?)
Old 10-29-2008, 9:06 PM

www.natchezss.com
www.ammunitiontogo.com
www.midwayusa.com
Old 10-29-2008, 9:30 PM

Ammunition To Go is a new one for me, Thanks Richie. So the 5.45X39 is basically the Russian version of the 5.56X45 (.223 Rem) and not interchangeable... yeah Tony you had me there for a minute.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:29 PM

The deal at ammo to go right now is on the Speer Gold Dots. You can get a box of 50 for about $25. Everywhere else you get a box of 20 for about $17-20.
Old 11-01-2008, 5:09 AM

So my ammo arrived 10-31-08 at 1601. Got my order right and pretty timely to.

Only thing is UPS drooped it at my apartment complex office. I had been sitting how all day waiting and nothing. So I checked shipping info at 1740 and it said it had been delivered. Well damn

So I took at trip to the office as they were just about to close at 1800. Sat there for 5 min before someone could help me. Um UPS droped me a package here. So the lady comes out with a small box and says " whatca got in here rocks its so heavy, i thought it was going to be lite." I grined and thanked her. If she knew what was in there I don't think she would have picked it up lol.

SO I took it home and low and behold the got my order right

I paid about 48$ for some 9mm 147g lawman 100 rounds and 50 .45 hst think it was 9$ for shipping from Ammo to go.

Very happy and will be ordering more next time.

O and of course my wife found out on the 30th about my little shipment. ( snooping through my email
Old 11-01-2008, 6:52 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Ammunition to Go is a great vendor. Always excellent pricing and quick service.

You may want to setup another email account through Hotmail or Yahoo for your firearms activities. If your wife is so negative about your hobby, you might want to keep your purchases from her prying eyes. Nobody needs that kind of stress IMHO.

Additionally, a mail delivery box at a UPS store is only about $20 per month. They have been great for receiving every online firearms related purchase I have ever made including C&R rifles.

www.ebrworks.com

Last edited by EBR Works; 11-01-2008 at 6:55 AM..