Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2014, 7:42 AM

Question Long Range spot at Hodge Rd?

I shoot at Hodge Rd regularly. It is only about 20 minutes from my house so the convenience is great. I have driven around out there and found some great spots to shoot out to about 400 yards. That is great for handguns, shotguns and AR/AK platforms, but I am really hoping to find a spot out there to shoot my bolt guns farther. Ideally, I would like to shoot as far as 1000 yards or so.

I have seen many people on this forum and others talk about shooting at those ranges at Hodge Rd. I have even seen a few YouTube videos that verify the existence of such spots but I have yet to find one. Admittedly, I have not ventured too far off of Hodge Rd itself usually due to time constraints. I know that there are roads that cut out into the desert from there.

My question is, if you have shot 6-700yards or more at Hodge Rd, would you please contact me via PM (I know you probably don't want your spot being shared with everyone on the internet)? If you could provide me directions, GPS coordinates, Google Maps screen shot, or anything else, I would appreciate it. I will be going out there Sunday, 3/16/14 to look around some more and shoot for a bit. If you want to come and show me your spot, I'll bring the steel targets, EZ-Up, table, chairs, ice chest, etc.

Thanks in advance

-Matt