Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales > New Product Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Product Announcements Vendors, share information about your newest products. Only CGN Vendors can start threads in this forum.

Old 02-02-2014, 7:02 PM

Has anyone received their 308 receiver and jig?
Old 02-03-2014, 1:25 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80% Arms View Post
Update on video:

Still in progress. We decided to make some minor changes to emphasize and clarify critical parts of the instructions. This should prevent very easily avoidable mistakes from being made. Most of our staff was at Shot Show last week so that set us back a little further. We will have it posted for you guys as soon as we possibly can. Just want it to be perfect and not come out rushed. Sorry that it is taking longer than we originally expected.
I am hoping for an update on the video from 80% Arms. Even though it's not out yet, an update let's us know your still there!
Old 02-03-2014, 2:45 PM
Veteran Member

Just got an auto generated email saying my order dated 26 Dec 2013 just shipped. Maybe they're starting to get caught up!
Old 02-03-2014, 5:19 PM

Maybe Mitch J might want to call the shop before this thread turns into a Jack Ross ammo thread.

Taken from there website
"
We want to hear from you!

Customer Service Hours: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM PST Weekdays. Closed weekends. Manufacturing facility open 24 hours.

Send us an email: sales@80percentarms.com
Give us a call: (949) 354-ARMS [2767]
"
Old 02-04-2014, 4:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch J View Post
Thanks Gawker, Good advice.They have my phone and email too.
80% Arms charges your credit card immediately so you have already paid them to provide the product within an informally agreed-upon time. They should certainly keep you updated if there's a significant delay. In your case though, since the delay is so long, I'd give them a call in case your entire order has been lost.
JPFO Genocide Chart Note that seven of the nine genocides documented in the Genocide Chart were perpetrated against "political opponents." If you're a Christian, a gun owner, and support the Constitution and natural rights, then you are a political opponent to the Marxists who control the CA and US regimes, and to their armies of useful idiots.
Old 02-04-2014, 8:51 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I figured with the holidays that there was going to be a delay. Purchased a 80% AR15 Lower and Easy Jig Kit. Ordered lower on 12/17 received 1/7. Ordered 80% Jig on 12/14, just received it today 2/4. I emailed them twice from the time purchased and both times they responded within a day saying that they were working fast a possible and gave me a estimated time they would ship it out. It would be great to receive it earlier but it doesn't really matter to me since I have a safe full of other guns I can shoot but I know some others are impatient. The only other thing I really want now from them is to post a video. I read the complete Manual which seems pretty straight forward but a how to video would make it 10x easier.

Last edited by Checkk; 02-04-2014 at 2:28 PM..
Old 02-04-2014, 12:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Yeah, before everybody breaks out the torches and pitchforks, take a deep breath. My guess is that they are a bit busy right now with everything going on. I just got a reply this morning to a PM I sent last week letting me know that my replacement lower is a couple of weeks out. They are still alive and apparently trying to keep up. Not every company is Ares Armor. Give them a chance to catch up.

-Mb
Old 02-04-2014, 1:08 PM

I messaged them this morning on their FB page got a reply this afternoon. They said the video is done and should be posted in the next few days. Judging by the posts in this thread they have said that before a FEW times. We shall see.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Hello all,

If you need an update on your order, please call or email us. We respond to all inquiries very quickly. PM on Calguns takes a little longer, the fastest way to get in touch is to email us directly.

At this point, we are nearly caught up on all Easy Jig pre-orders. If you have an older order that has not shipped within the time frame given to you on the site when you placed your order, please contact us and we will figure out why. We're almost totally caught up on older orders to a point where everything at this point is shipping within the time frames we estimated on our website.

The only thing right now that is running significantly behind the ship date we estimated is our .308 pre-orders. Trust us, we're working like dogs to solve that issue. A number of things beyond our control went wrong that really delayed us on that. Due to the nature of the .308 lowers being a pre-order sale, we made our best guess as to when they would be ready to ship. It was a good guess, had we not had to deal with major equipment failures that we did not anticipate. We learned from this. This is the last time we're doing a pre-order sale unless we can pin the ship date with 100% accuracy. Unless the product is ready to ship out the door, it's very difficult to predict an exact ship date and far to easy to frustrate a lot of good, valued customers.

Regarding the Easy Jig video, we apologize it's taken so long. We're at the mercy of the media company who worked with us on it. We're not happy about how long it's taken, believe me. We've been promised the final version will be made available to us later today. Assuming they made the corrections we requested, we'll post on our Youtube channel tonight, or as soon as we have final end it hand.

Thank you guys for being extraordinarily patient. We really appreciate it and will do our best to keep our end of the bargain by delivering quality products to you in a timely fashion.

Best Regards,
80% Arms

80% Arms
12282 Monarch St.
Garden Grove, CA 92841

Phone: (949)-354-ARMS [2767]
Email: sales@80percentarms.com
Old 02-05-2014, 1:18 PM

< Holding breath....
Old 02-05-2014, 7:10 PM

Ive been dealing with 80% arms now for about a year. If Ive had an issue they have been great in resolving it. Ive dealt with Carol who is awesome about returning emails in a timely manner and have also dealt with Tilden who went out of his way to find the answers to some tech problems. Although Im not thrilled with the backorders and having to wait I know its because they want us to have the best problem free products. You know the old saying..... Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door. Really looking forward to seeing this video.
Old 02-07-2014, 4:40 AM

Video is up on YouTube. It's about twenty minutes and I have yet to watch it. Embedded video below or you can watch higher resolutions on YouTube (click the YouTube icon in the bottom right corner of the video).

Old 02-07-2014, 4:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun toting monkeyboy View Post
Well, I am still waiting for my replacement lower to get to me. But in the mean time, I ran a QD lower through. It seems to have come out just fine. Though I will admit that I ran it through a TM machine jig afterwards with a mill, just to be sure. I didn't pull off any extra material. And the final product is all within specs. So I am guessing that a QD will probably work without the extra trip through the mill as insurance. Just be aware that the bottom of the QD triggerguard sticks out of the bottom of the jig a tiny bit. Be sure that you have that protrusion placed in the vice so that it isn't resting on anything.

-Mb

Didn't believe me when I said qd lowers fit in the jig?
Old 02-07-2014, 8:32 AM

They got their video up finally and everything looks awesome.
Old 02-07-2014, 8:40 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Wow you guys found that fast! CG189, you beat us to it. Yes, it's FINALLY uploaded. The video uploaded overnight and finished sometime around 4am. Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiHdV5slQps

[/QUOTE]

80% Arms
12282 Monarch St.
Garden Grove, CA 92841

Last edited by 80% Arms; 02-07-2014 at 9:07 AM..
Old 02-07-2014, 11:47 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_k_lopez View Post
Didn't believe me when I said qd lowers fit in the jig?
I was just stating that I had used the jig to do mine. Not that I was the first one to slap one in or anything. I figured people would be interested.

-Mb
Old 02-07-2014, 3:23 PM

Has anyone been able to open the shop manual link for the easy jig on 80%'s site ? Im not talking about the list of things you need but the PDF of the entire milling process. I know there was an issue with the video but for some reason I cant get the file to open for me.
Old 02-07-2014, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwin913 View Post
Has anyone been able to open the shop manual link for the easy jig on 80%'s site ? Im not talking about the list of things you need but the PDF of the entire milling process. I know there was an issue with the video but for some reason I cant get the file to open for me.
Nope. No problem with the PDF. I'm not aware of an issue with the video.
Old 02-07-2014, 5:46 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:

We're not aware of any issue with the PDF, possibly try loading it on a different computer and see if the problem persists? There are no issues with the video. It's hosted on Youtube.

80% Arms
12282 Monarch St.
Garden Grove, CA 92841

Old 02-08-2014, 5:43 AM

Thanks, It was on my end. My adobe acrobat was corrupted. I can view it fine now.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:36 AM

Well ? has anyone completed a lower with the easy jig ? Would love to hear how it went and see a few pictures.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Well ? has anyone completed a lower with the easy jig ? Would love to hear how it went and see a few pictures.
Read up a handful of posts.
Old 02-08-2014, 2:55 PM

Thanbks Rifleman I had seen the one that was completed I was hoping by now there would be a few others. Ive done quite a few lowers with the universal jig that have come out quite nice but Im really looking forward to my easy jig coming. I know what endmills they are suggesting to use but I prefer a shorter LOC Ive learned my lesson in the past by screwing up a cpl guide plates. I did come accross a cpl 1/4" endmills with a 3/8" LOC that will get me past the dreaded roughing process. They are 4 Flute rather than 3 but I plan on cleaning them off quite a bit to prevent clogging up with shavings. Ive read in a cpl other post that says a QD lower does fit but the trigger guard extends past the botton of the jig. I usually always us 80% arms lowers but they do not off a raw unfinished lower, Ive gotten the bead blasted and the black but I would really like a raw that I can buff and tool. If anyone has any suggestions Id appreciate it.
Old 02-10-2014, 9:43 AM

Quote:
I usually always us 80% arms lowers but they do not off a raw unfinished lower, Ive gotten the bead blasted and the black but I would really like a raw that I can buff and tool. If anyone has any suggestions Id appreciate it.
I asked 80% Arms about raw AR lowers and the lady I spoke to said they could provide them, just e-mail a request. From what I can tell this company has extremely good customer service and will work with you.

At the time I was considering having the lower cerakoted. I called HP Custom in Orange County about cerakoting a lower without a serial number and the guy got pretty angry that I would even dare to ask. He got even angrier when I asked if I had to provide ID. I quickly realized that if I wanted a lower cerakoted I would have to take it with me on my next trip to America. I called Saber River Gunsmithing in Prescott, AZ and the guy told me sure, bring it on in.
JPFO Genocide Chart Note that seven of the nine genocides documented in the Genocide Chart were perpetrated against "political opponents." If you're a Christian, a gun owner, and support the Constitution and natural rights, then you are a political opponent to the Marxists who control the CA and US regimes, and to their armies of useful idiots.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:44 AM

Thanks Hiknefer Thats good info to know. And I agree 80% has pretty good customer service. I think Ill wait till the Backorder situation gets resolved. Im one of those impatient guys When I want it I want it NOW. LOL
Old 02-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Veteran Member

so are the jigs and ar15 80% in stock yet for sale or still "pre-ordering"...

i have a hard time buying and paying for something thats not made yet so waiting till "in stock" and ready to ship
Old 02-10-2014, 5:48 PM

Jeepers, Ive gotten quite a few uppers from them in the past and they are a great company to deal with. Im thinking orders are coming in faster than they can fill them. There are guys that have gotten their jigs and lowers. Read the entire thread and there are pix of a finished lower. According to 80%'s site there is a 4 week back order on jigs and 8 weeks on lowers. You can wait till they catch up but if it takes longer than 4 weeks youll kick yourself for not ordering one. Your call
Old 02-10-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
so are the jigs and ar15 80% in stock yet for sale or still "pre-ordering"...

i have a hard time buying and paying for something thats not made yet so waiting till "in stock" and ready to ship
The back-order times have steadily increased. Apparently, many of the world's most elite gun owners want to enjoy the mystique of owning a "ghost gun" that disperses with 30 caliber magazine clips in half a second.
Old 02-11-2014, 3:58 AM

LOL Have you ever listened to anyone more misinformed than that guy ? Who the hell voted him in anyway ?
Old 02-11-2014, 2:10 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiknefer View Post
The back-order times have steadily increased. Apparently, many of the world's most elite gun owners want to enjoy the mystique of owning a "ghost gun" that disperses with 30 caliber magazine clips in half a second.
Haha yep that's it. We're doing what we can to produce as many "ghost guns" and "ghost gun manufacturing devices" as possible, but they've proven quite popular lately. We're working hard at reducing the backorder, but more and more people apparently want these magical ghost guns.

80% Arms
12282 Monarch St.
Garden Grove, CA 92841

Old 02-11-2014, 2:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Can I buy a Casper edition?
Old 02-11-2014, 5:05 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamonSJC View Post
Can I buy a Casper edition?
Love it - let's get a group buy going w/Casper engraved on the lower.

What say you 80% Arms???

California Reloading Club - IE Section
Old 02-12-2014, 12:03 AM

+1 on the casper idea. Would be a hilarious showpiece.
Old 02-12-2014, 6:38 AM

Does 80% Arms charge the card when the order is placed or when it ships 8 weeks later?
Old 02-12-2014, 6:49 AM
Veteran Member

When the order is placed.
Old 02-12-2014, 1:18 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg189 View Post
Does 80% Arms charge the card when the order is placed or when it ships 8 weeks later?
We charge it up front. The reason for this is because if we don't charge the card up front, we face the problem of the card not going through once a customer's order is ready to ship. It's not too uncommon for a card to be maxed out or get declined for whatever reason. If we hadn't charged the card up front, we'd have no way of knowing if the card would work until we tried to ship the order. If the card didn't work, it takes a lot of time for our shipping department to let our customer service department know, have someone call the customer to get a new card, wait for them to call us back with a working credit card number, etc. It's just an enormous hassle, and we are super busy as it is. We wish there was a better way of doing it, but we've found this is just what works best. In a perfect world, everyone would give us a card number that worked, credit card companies wouldn't decline cards for no reason, and we would scrap this policy. Hopefully you can see our perspective on why we do this

80% Arms
12282 Monarch St.
Garden Grove, CA 92841

Old 02-12-2014, 2:48 PM

Quote:
We charge it up front. The reason for this is because if we don't charge the card up front, we face the problem of the card not going through once a customer's order is ready to ship. It's not too uncommon for a card to be maxed out or get declined for whatever reason. If we hadn't charged the card up front, we'd have no way of knowing if the card would work until we tried to ship the order. If the card didn't work, it takes a lot of time for our shipping department to let our customer service department know, have someone call the customer to get a new card, wait for them to call us back with a working credit card number, etc. It's just an enormous hassle, and we are super busy as it is. We wish there was a better way of doing it, but we've found this is just what works best. In a perfect world, everyone would give us a card number that worked, credit card companies wouldn't decline cards for no reason, and we would scrap this policy. Hopefully you can see our perspective on why we do this
I wasn't going to bring this up but since someone else did I'll mention a couple things. I was a little annoyed when I saw my credit card had been charged weeks before the anticipated shipping date. I spent a little time researching 80% Arms and found that they have an excellent reputation for customer service so I didn't worry about it any more. Even so, I'll just point out that unexpected problems such as those mentioned above work both ways. For example, 80% Arms (or any company that collects payment prior to shipping) can experience supply or production problems, labor issues, regulatory enforcement surprises (http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/2...ore-sense-now/), etc. I'm waiting to order more products until I receive my first order for this reason. I understand 80% Arms position completely and I'm not complaining.

My learning experience was losing several hundred dollars in pre-paid dog boarding when Camp Bow-Wow went out of business.
Old 02-12-2014, 8:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
just one question, why take "pre-orders" at all ? it always worries me when a company does this as things can happen on your end just as easy as the consumer end and taking "pre-orders" make me think you are needing capital to fulfill past orders....

on that note i do like your stuff and do plan on buying once in stock and ready to ship, if i dont go with other first ....
Old 02-12-2014, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiknefer View Post
I wasn't going to bring this up but since someone else did I'll mention a couple things. I was a little annoyed when I saw my credit card had been charged weeks before the anticipated shipping date. I spent a little time researching 80% Arms and found that they have an excellent reputation for customer service so I didn't worry about it any more. Even so, I'll just point out that unexpected problems such as those mentioned above work both ways. For example, 80% Arms (or any company that collects payment prior to shipping) can experience supply or production problems, labor issues, regulatory enforcement surprises (http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/2...ore-sense-now/), etc. I'm waiting to order more products until I receive my first order for this reason. I understand 80% Arms position completely and I'm not complaining.

My learning experience was losing several hundred dollars in pre-paid dog boarding when Camp Bow-Wow went out of business.
I'm with you. Been burned in the past and I've decided to wait until there is stock in inventory that can fill orders immediately. Rather have the $300 in my pocket until shipments are available.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
just one question, why take "pre-orders" at all ? it always worries me when a company does this as things can happen on your end just as easy as the consumer end and taking "pre-orders" make me think you are needing capital to fulfill past orders....

on that note i do like your stuff and do plan on buying once in stock and ready to ship, if i dont go with other first ....
We're not taking pre-orders for anything right now, all of our products are in production. Some items are just backordered because we are getting new orders faster than we can fill them. We did take pre-orders on .308 lowers, and due to unforeseen issues those shipped later than we had estimated. We learned from that experience and probably won't be taking pre-orders again in the future unless the product is ready to ship out the door.

80% Arms
12282 Monarch St.
Garden Grove, CA 92841