Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-27-2020, 8:39 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfpcservice View Post
This will sail all the way to law... We have zero pull in the legislature and they are all climbing over each other to show how gun "woke" they are...

Another lawsuit is in our future.
And another lawsuit that will go......NOWHERE. SCOTUS has shown their cards, all the suits, voting, etc. won't get squat.
Old 06-27-2020, 9:07 AM

They are shooting themselves in the foot now.....Everything will go underground regardless of the consequences. We (law abiding citizens) won't have a choice.

This will force 2A advocates to depart CA sooner than planned.

And yes, another expensive sucking sound lawsuit that gun owners will LOSE.
Old 06-27-2020, 10:18 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Sources say that there were flaws in other parts of AB 88. I doubt that was the reason. I think that they realized that they violated the State and Federal Constitutions in a way that would be rather costly and embarrassing.

We will know for sure when they return on the 13th. If the text hasn't changed on the new AW definitions, then it really was a problem elsewhere in the bill. Of course the best news would be if they don't bring it back at all due to some budget bill deadline rule. But with Democrats, rules are only a suggestion if the ends justify their means.

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
ONLINE STORE: http://franklinarmory.com
Franklin Armory - Manufacturer of Quality, California Legal AR's, the F17 Series rimfire rifles in 17 WSM, the CSW, the Binary Firing System, the Drop-in Fixed Magazine, Reformation, the CA7 Rostered AR Pistol, and the New Title 1 Firearm!
Old 06-28-2020, 5:25 AM
Vendor/Retailer

I will be on the radio this morning with "Gunslinger Hour Radio." We hope to spread the word about the issues.

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
Franklin Armory - Manufacturer of Quality, California Legal AR's, the F17 Series rimfire rifles in 17 WSM, the CSW, the Binary Firing System, the Drop-in Fixed Magazine, Reformation, the CA7 Rostered AR Pistol, and the New Title 1 Firearm!

Last edited by franklinarmory; 06-28-2020 at 1:31 PM..
Old 06-28-2020, 11:30 AM

I will check it out. When it gets posted. For now they only have up to 06/21/2020.

For those who would like to hear more about this here is a link.
https://www.kabc.com/the-gunslinger-hour/
Old 06-28-2020, 1:35 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKK93 View Post
I will check it out. When it gets posted. For now they only have up to 06/21/2020.

For those who would like to hear more about this here is a link.
https://www.kabc.com/the-gunslinger-hour/
I'm confused about the 6/21/00 comment. If the law had passed, 6/21 likely would have been a critical date. However, even now, the law has not passed the legislature. Since they are not scheduled to return until July 13, I see no reason to stop.

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
Old 06-28-2020, 2:44 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinarmory View Post
I'm confused about the 6/21/00 comment. If the law had passed, 6/21 likely would have been a critical date. However, even now, the law has not passed the legislature. Since they are not scheduled to return until July 13, I see no reason to stop.
Sorry for the confusion I was referring to the gunslinger hour radio show.

Let me clarify. The gunslinger hour radio show only has recordings posted up to 06/21/2020. I believe since you went on to the show this morning, it will be available for listeners at a later date.
Old 06-28-2020, 2:56 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKK93 View Post
Sorry for the confusion I was referring to the gunslinger hour radio show.

Let me clarify. The gunslinger hour radio show only has recordings posted up to 06/21/2020. I believe since you went on to the show this morning, it will be available for listeners at a later date.
Got it.

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
Old 06-29-2020, 8:22 PM

It's in the Senate Dailyfile,

Quote:
Sen Held At Desk - Assembly Bills 06-30-2020 A- 44
and the daily file,
https://www.senate.ca.gov/pdfpublications/dailyfile

Quote:
AB 88 A-44 Committee on Budget (Assembly Members Ting (Chair)) et al.Assembly Held At Desk MAJ
It looks like it's waiting back at the Senate budget committee.

The senate appears to still be having floor sessions till July 2rd.

Last edited by abinsinia; 06-29-2020 at 8:29 PM..
Old 06-30-2020, 3:07 PM

Does anyone know if there is a hard deadline for budget trailer bills to be included in the finalized budget? I would assume it would correspond with the actual budget deadline, but since that is apparently no longer a primary concern for the legislature, does this suggest there really is no telling as to when a hard cut off would be imposed on potential inclusions?
Old 06-30-2020, 3:30 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Democrats make their own rules when the ends justify the means. I would not bet on any specific date until the Governor is done signing for the year.

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
Old 06-30-2020, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaweedsoyboy View Post
Does anyone know if there is a hard deadline for budget trailer bills to be included in the finalized budget? I would assume it would correspond with the actual budget deadline, but since that is apparently no longer a primary concern for the legislature, does this suggest there really is no telling as to when a hard cut off would be imposed on potential inclusions?
My understanding is there are no deadline for the trailer bills. There is a deadline for the budget itself tho.
Old 07-01-2020, 6:22 AM

Senate public safety committee is meeting today July 1st.

SUBJECT: COVID-19 in California State Prisons

Doesn't look like AB-88 is on the agenda, but they may talk about it. You never know.
Old 07-01-2020, 9:25 AM

They can't backdate it though. So they'd have to take it back to committee to change the effective date past 1 July, but then it has to go through the house again, all the while the budget has moved on.

As I understand it its effectively dead, for this year.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFA777 View Post
They can't backdate it though. So they'd have to take it back to committee to change the effective date past 1 July, but then it has to go through the house again, all the while the budget has moved on.

As I understand it its effectively dead, for this year.
and the DOJ still wont change their system... wonder if they will drag it out until they can pass the law thru normal channels
Old 07-01-2020, 1:39 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn3hz3ku1* View Post
and the DOJ still wont change their system... wonder if they will drag it out until they can pass the law thru normal channels
This is why the mass action is in place. We are hoping that this action will lead to an injunction that will force CADOJ to allow transfers to go through.

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
Old 07-01-2020, 2:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
This is why the mass action is in place. We are hoping that this action will lead to an injunction that will force CADOJ to allow transfers to go through.
if some by miracle we were able to get a des change will you guys be contacting buyers on a first ordered first sold basis? just trying to see where i would be on my order since i'm afraid you probably sold 10ks and wont be able to make everyone happy in time before CA figures out another way to screw everyone.
Old 07-01-2020, 2:30 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
if some by miracle we were able to get a des change will you guys be contacting buyers on a first ordered first sold basis? just trying to see where i would be on my order since i'm afraid you probably sold 10ks and wont be able to make everyone happy in time before CA figures out another way to screw everyone.
Yes, it would be first come, first serve. We do have plans to serve all customers if we have a legitimate timeline to respond.

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
Old 07-01-2020, 2:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yes, it would be first come, first serve. We do have plans to serve all customers if we have a legitimate timeline to respond.
got it. only asking because i see a huge number difference between my 1st order, 2nd.. and 3rd and the 4th lol

oh im sure you want to serve all of us. i highly doubt CA will let you
Old 07-01-2020, 2:49 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
got it. only asking because i see a huge number difference between my 1st order, 2nd.. and 3rd and the 4th lol

oh im sure you want to serve all of us. i highly doubt CA will let you
We'll see.....

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
Old 07-01-2020, 4:58 PM

the only bright spot in California's screwed up gun industry is the Franklin Armory and i find it interesting that all the big mouth attorneys and national organizations we heard from putting everyone down are strangely silent now. Maybe now that the fools have been separated from their money they have packed their bags and left town leaving it to the one real fighter, the franklinarmory. $5.00 deposits are not so much and surely you can use a half of a dozen or more to help franklinarmory out.
Old 07-23-2020, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird View Post
the only bright spot in California's screwed up gun industry is the Franklin Armory and i find it interesting that all the big mouth attorneys and national organizations we heard from putting everyone down are strangely silent now. Maybe now that the fools have been separated from their money they have packed their bags and left town leaving it to the one real fighter, the franklinarmory. $5.00 deposits are not so much and surely you can use a half of a dozen or more to help franklinarmory out.
I find it it strangely amusing that the "states" are left on their own to deal with PPE during a national pandemic, but when it comes to defense of the federal buildings in democratic run cities, the Feds are all over it, even when it is uninvited......SO, WHY isn't the SUPREME COURT helping us, We have invited it and it would make sense to help the citizens of a democratic run state secure 2nd Amendment rights....based on the evidence, it would seem that self defense should be a priority for the current government, meanwhile, we are left to screw around with new and brilliant ways to have home defense or firearms that are fun. I could rant about maglocks or pistol grips, but I am a newb so I will stop and listen and read! Oh, and got my deposit down in June....Thank You Franklin for not giving up on us!!!
Old 08-01-2020, 1:46 PM

Default Ab88 question

So if I wanted to buy a belt fed semi after September.1st or if I had the parts kit for it but not 100% assembled, and I build it after September 1st, I would have to register? Or is my other option to find a way to make the belt feed only be permanently 10round belt fed gun?

// post moved to the existing discussion thread for the 2019-2020 AB88
//
// Librarian

Last edited by Librarian; 08-01-2020 at 4:14 PM..
Old 08-01-2020, 4:09 PM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed-Citizen View Post
I'm referring to belt fed machine guns being classified as assault rifles now
You're referring to a lot of things that contradict each other. Define "assault rifle" please. A 1919a4 is not a rifle of any kind, and a semi auto 1919a4 is not a "machine gun" of any kind.

Current legislation such as the AB88 you're talking about have nothing to do with belt fed machine guns, or machine guns of any kind.
Old 08-01-2020, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
You're referring to a lot of things that contradict each other. Define "assault rifle" please. A 1919a4 is not a rifle of any kind, and a semi auto 1919a4 is not a "machine gun" of any kind.

Current legislation such as the AB88 you're talking about have nothing to do with belt fed machine guns, or machine guns of any kind.
AB88/SB118 only cover magazine-fed firearms, correct?
Old 08-01-2020, 7:31 PM

The thread title should probably now be changed to incorporate discussion of SB118. The old thread on SB118 was already merged into this one.

There is already misinformation about SB118 being spread by Youtubers who seem ignorant of the legislative process in Californa.

SB118 is NOT a new bill. AB88 and SB118 have always existed in parallel. In fact, in this thread in post #22, there was already discussion of SB118. AB88 and SB118 on June 22, 2020, had the exact same text. The only difference is AB88 originated in the Assembly and SB118 originated in the Senate. It was assumed that AB88 or SB118 would be signed by July 1, 2020. For whatever reason, AB88 stalled, so SB118 now proceeds forward. And so since it's after July 1, for SB118, the date for which someone must possess an "other" in order to be able to register it as an assault weapon was amended to September 1 instead.

SB118 IS a trailer bill. For some reason, people are saying it's a "policy bill" and not a "trailer bill". SB118 is considered a budget appropriation bill, meaning it is indeed a trailer bill. The reason why that is important is because under the California Constitution, budget bills, including trailer bills, are effective immediately instead of the usual January 1.
Old 08-01-2020, 7:38 PM
Ball Pimp 4 Border Collie
CGN Contributor

So all of us with small fortunes, and some large fortunes, invested in belt fed Spade grip weapons will possibly have to register our belt feds as assault weapons and forfeit them To the state upon death.

Nice going Franklin Arms. Not too selfish in your business plan we’re you?

I hope you and your attorneys clean up this mess and all the ramifications of it.
Old 08-01-2020, 8:27 PM

People are having questions about how this bill if passed would affect belt-fed firearms without stocks. Well, before the current kerfuffle about "others" being a category for non-handguns/non-rifles/non-shotguns, those stockless belt-feds were usually on the books as "long guns" or "rifles" because they're clearly not pistols and they're clearly not shotguns.

Franklin Armory is attempting to force California Department of Justice to create an "other" category for non-pistols/non-rifles/non-shotguns. And thus the Legislature is now going to create assault weapon definitions for "others".

Under Cal. Code Regs., tit. 11, ß 5471(m), belts are considered detachable magazines, if they can be changed without detaching the fire control assembly from the action.

The relevant definitions are as follows:
(9) A semiautomatic centerfire firearm that is not a rifle, pistol, or shotgun, that does not have a fixed magazine, but that has any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.

(B) A thumbhole stock.

(C) A folding or telescoping stock.

(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.

(E) A flash suppressor.

(F) A forward pistol grip.

(G) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.

(H) A second handgrip.

(I) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning the bearerís hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.

(J) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(10) A semiautomatic centerfire firearm that is not a rifle, pistol, or shotgun, that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

(11) A semiautomatic centerfire firearm that is not a rifle, pistol, or shotgun, that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
So yes, stockless belt-feds, such as M1919A4s and weapons equipped with Franklin Armory's own CSW kit, would likely have to be registered as assault weapons, because the magazine is outside the pistol grip.
Old 08-01-2020, 8:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ View Post
The thread title should probably now be changed to incorporate discussion of SB118. The old thread on SB118 was already merged into this one.

There is already misinformation about SB118 being spread by Youtubers who seem ignorant of the legislative process in Californa.

SB118 is NOT a new bill. AB88 and SB118 have always existed in parallel. In fact, in this thread in post #22, there was already discussion of SB118. AB88 and SB118 on June 22, 2020, had the exact same text. The only difference is AB88 originated in the Assembly and SB118 originated in the Senate. It was assumed that AB88 or SB118 would be signed by July 1, 2020. For whatever reason, AB88 stalled, so SB118 now proceeds forward. And so since it's after July 1, for SB118, the date for which someone must possess an "other" in order to be able to register it as an assault weapon was amended to September 1 instead.

SB118 IS a trailer bill. For some reason, people are saying it's a "policy bill" and not a "trailer bill". SB118 is considered a budget appropriation bill, meaning it is indeed a trailer bill. The reason why that is important is because under the California Constitution, budget bills, including trailer bills, are effective immediately instead of the usual January 1.
Nicely summarized. I doubt most read the last lines of the bill:
Quote:
SEC. 44. This act is a bill providing for appropriations related to the Budget Bill within the meaning of subdivision (e) of Section 12 of Article IV of the California Constitution, has been identified as related to the budget in the Budget Bill, and shall take effect immediately.
Old 08-02-2020, 5:25 AM
CGN Contributor

Looks like their “forcing” will result in the loss of an entire category of firearms to the gun owners of California. Maybe they should have thought it through a bit longer.

The title one is a bastardized version of both a rifle and a pistol, with questionable ergonomics, and will certainly be worse in usability over any featureless solution to a standard magazine drop. If there’s anything we’ve learned or should have learned is the gross commercialization of any work around results in more draconian measures which decreased our options as guns owners, I.e. the SSE craze and the bullet button.

Now this. The loss of the AOW, spade grips, and an acceleration of “precursor parts” registration.

I don’t see the gain here. I see only loss.

Last edited by bubbapug1; 08-02-2020 at 5:42 AM..
Old 08-02-2020, 5:57 AM
Vendor/Retailer

We did think it through.

Since 2014, Californians could not buy these as "other" without tainting the firearms as a rifle, shotgun, or pistol. If the product hasn't been legal to buy or sell without tainting it in a way that would trigger AW status, then nothing has been lost.

Yes, the inconvenience of registering a legally acquired "other" prior to 2014 as an AW is a PITA. Not being able to bequeath the firearm is not a loss because there has not been a legal way to transfer these firearms in state since 2014.

Additionally, there are likely more Title 1 buyers than current belt fed owners. More importantly, the process of challenging unconstitutional laws will undoubtedly create ever tightening legislation. At some point, the courts will recognize that the legislature has overreached, and when that happens, we expect the whole canard to collapse.

Lastly, the state always screws something up every time they rush in a new law. This will provide additional points to challenge the state. If no one challenged CADOJ, then you'd still have continued loss of freedom every year when the legislature convenes. Would you rather be on offense or defense?

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
Old 08-02-2020, 8:32 AM
CGN Contributor

We weren’t on the defense. People imported spade grip belt fed units in all the time if the FFl knew their stuff. That’s going to end. Every 1919, M2HB, maxim, sg43, etc will be lost eventually to the state or sold out of state if these bills pass. That’s a horrible trade off for the title one which is effectively a bastardized AR. A M2HB is $10,000.00. It’s iconic. It’s also 50 bmg. There’s a huge disparity in the value of the two firearms to gun owners looking for some firepower. There is no alternative to a M2HB. .

That’s the reality.

And you have deposits, not orders. There’s a big difference.

We need to stop poking the bear when possible.

Last edited by bubbapug1; 08-02-2020 at 9:22 AM..
Old 08-02-2020, 9:01 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbapug1 View Post
We werenít on the defense. People imported spade grip belt fed units in all the time if the FFl knew their stuff. Thatís going to end. Every 1919, M2HB, maxim, sg43, etc will be lost eventually to the state or sold out of state if these bills pass. Thatís a horrible trade off for the title one which is effectively a bastardized AR. A M2HB is $10,000.00. Itís iconic. Itís also 50 bmg. Thereís a huge disparity in the value of the two firearms to gun owners looking for some firepower. There is no alternative to a M2HB. .

Thatís the reality.

And you have deposits, not orders. Thereís a big difference.

We need to stop poking the bear when possible. M

But
* All of those transfers since 2014 are tainted. It wasn't about "knowing their stuff." It isn't "going to end." It already ended 6 years ago.
* There is no legal way to transfer an M2HB currently, so I fail to see the loss. I assume you own one, and that is why you are so vocal. How would your heirs fill out the oplaw paperwork? Rifle? Shotgun? Or, handgun? Either way, they are screwed.
* The only reason we have deposits is because there is no way to transfer the firearm at this time. The deposits show consumer intent. I'm not worried about how many deposits will be converted to paid in full orders.

* The denigration of Title 1 in favor of your M2HB sounds pretty elitist to me. Perhaps we should all work together for the preservation of firearm rights AND the rollback of unjust laws irrespective of your investment.

The only specific loss here is that your currently owned firearm will have to be registered and transported according to AW regulations. Tens of thousands of other folks will be able to attain a lawful firearm that uses a standard magazine release, just like free America.

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
Old 08-02-2020, 9:23 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
We did think it through.

Since 2014, Californians could not buy these as "other" without tainting the firearms as a rifle, shotgun, or pistol. If the product hasn't been legal to buy or sell without tainting it in a way that would trigger AW status, then nothing has been lost.

Yes, the inconvenience of registering a legally acquired "other" prior to 2014 as an AW is a PITA. Not being able to bequeath the firearm is not a loss because there has not been a legal way to transfer these firearms in state since 2014.

Additionally, there are likely more Title 1 buyers than current belt fed owners. More importantly, the process of challenging unconstitutional laws will undoubtedly create ever tightening legislation. At some point, the courts will recognize that the legislature has overreached, and when that happens, we expect the whole canard to collapse.

Lastly, the state always screws something up every time they rush in a new law. This will provide additional points to challenge the state. If no one challenged CADOJ, then you'd still have continued loss of freedom every year when the legislature convenes. Would you rather be on offense or defense?
Iím not sure about the logic in the first couple paragraphs with spade grip beltfed firearms being tainted by being DROSed as rifles. M2HB and 1919A4 firearms have been openly and legally bought/sold in CA since 2014 and there is nothing stopping these firearms from being transferred today. If it wasnít legal and the DROS was tainted by the rifle designation, donĎt you think the DOJ would have rounded up all parties involved in the transfer of a 50 BMG rifle/AW? Clearly that has not happened.

SB-118 slams the door on a class of firearms that has no significant criminal history. Collectors of crew weapons are completely screwed. Some ďotherĒ firearms can be bastardized and converted to featureless rifles, but this is not an option for an M2HB that can never be configured as a rifle.

The Title 1 is a cute little novelty firearm (long barreled AR pistol) that appeals to a lot of people in CA because most of us like any opportunity to try and stick it to the man. Iím not convinced people would have been so enthusiastic had they realized they would make future acquisition of beltfed firearms closer to impossible. Itís another lawsuit that will be litigated for years, and given the track record of all recent lawsuits, will likely have a less than desirable outcome while giving the Legislature time to fix their mistakes.

Thanks Obama.
Old 08-02-2020, 9:24 AM

Seems like there are at least a couple remaining votes .. SB-118 has to be voted on as follows,

1) Pass Assembly budget committee
2) Pass Assembly floor
3) Senate concurrence vote

And they have 4 weeks to do all that per the dates in SB-118. As far as I can tell these is no regular Assembly budget meeting till after Aug. 12 , so really this process is shortened to 2 1/2 weeks.

They may pass it on Aug 31st or something like that.
Old 08-02-2020, 9:31 AM
CGN Contributor

Elitists.

That’s an attacks on me. I’m pointing out the obvious. Stick with the issue at hand. You poked the bear for financial gain. The repercussions to gun owners will be significant. So now if you own a belt fed your an elitist? More like a collector of military hardware and history.

I will say this. The real gremlin is the legislatures desire to detach gun owners from guns. I doubt you meant harm, but what we have learned is loopholes exploited commercially on a large scale or publicly are met with draconian measures to reinforce the “intent” of the statutes we as a community tried to work around. Did I support those work around? Yes. Absolutely.

But in this case I think the approach was too direct and the reourcussions too steep.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:27 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Elitists.

Thatís an attacks on me. Iím pointing out the obvious. Stick with the issue at hand. You poked the bear for financial gain. The repercussions to gun owners will be significant. So now if you own a belt fed your an elitist? More like a collector of military hardware and history.

I will say this. The real gremlin is the legislatures desire to detach gun owners from guns. I doubt you meant harm, but what we have learned is loopholes exploited commercially on a large scale or publicly are met with draconian measures to reinforce the ďintentĒ of the statutes we as a community tried to work around. Did I support those work around? Yes. Absolutely.

But in this case I think the approach was too direct and the reourcussions too steep.
I hate to disagree, but I have to point out that there has not been financial gain. Donating $100,000 to CRPA was an expense, not financial gain. Funding a corporate tort claim against the state is an additional expense. All deposits are refundable, so they are not financial gain either. So far this enterprise has cost the company money.

The state didn't like bullet buttons. They don't like ARs. Heck, they don't even like modern pistols. (P320, G5 Glocks, etc.) Do you really think you can just lay low and they won't get around to you? They will continue to truncate your rights whether we push against them nor not.

Would you call it "poking the bear" if the state was illegally restricting some other right?

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
Old 08-02-2020, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderThanDirt View Post
Iím not sure about the logic in the first couple paragraphs with spade grip beltfed firearms being tainted by being DROSed as rifles. M2HB and 1919A4 firearms have been openly and legally bought/sold in CA since 2014 and there is nothing stopping these firearms from being transferred today. If it wasnít legal and the DROS was tainted by the rifle designation, donĎt you think the DOJ would have rounded up all parties involved in the transfer of a 50 BMG rifle/AW? Clearly that has not happened.
How could you buy a .50bmg ma deuce since 2014? You gonna DROS it as a pistol?

Quote:
We werenít on the defense. People imported spade grip belt fed units in all the time if the FFl knew their stuff. Thatís going to end. Every 1919, M2HB, maxim, sg43, etc will be lost eventually to the state or sold out of state if these bills pass. Thatís a horrible trade off for the title one which is effectively a bastardized AR. A M2HB is $10,000.00. Itís iconic. Itís also 50 bmg. Thereís a huge disparity in the value of the two firearms to gun owners looking for some firepower. There is no alternative to a M2HB. .
Quote:
Elitists.
The key here is We werenít on the defense. First they came for the NFA, then the semiauto rifles... you REALLY think they're not coming for you, soon or later?

An elitist always thinks they're above the cut. And they're usually right-- right until they're suddenly very much not right.

Quote:
We need to stop poking the bear when possible.
Gun owners have been mauled by the goddamn bear for generations now! What difference would that make, other than to make the rape a little easier?
Old 08-02-2020, 11:56 AM
CGN Contributor

Here’s the question

Would we be facing this new law but for the title one?

No.

And for the poster asking how you dros a 50 Bmg, that’s easy. The 50 Bmg only applied to shoulder fired rifles. Not spade grip weapons. That’s changing.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:16 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Hereís the question

Would we be facing this new law but for the title one?

No.

And for the poster asking how you dros a 50 Bmg, thatís easy. The 50 Bmg only applied to shoulder fired rifles. Not spade grip weapons. Thatís changing.
No, it changed in 2014.

It just occurred to me that you don't have the whole paradigm in focus. Perhaps another Calgunner can help with the details that your not grasping. I must not be doing a good job expressing why your statement doesn't align with the current process. Peace...

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com