Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearflag View Post
My best friend and I stayed up late in the night making the big banner on the steps some of you may have seen and then woke up at 5am to drive up to Sacramento from Thousand Oaks.
Thanks for doing that. that's a good backdrop. Hopefully still intact for re-use
Old 01-20-2013, 11:29 AM

That's a very nice photo of the back of my head . Glad there was such a good turn out.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
Tell you want what, sport.
Fixed it for you.

From what I read here, the Sacramento Bee, or any of the local news outlets didn't cover it. If it isn't documented, it didn't happen.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:14 PM
I need a LIFE!!

bearflag, tell your best friend that was an awesome backdrop. I was admiring it the whole time. He should make it into a flag and start selling them.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 01-20-2013, 12:25 PM
CGSSA Leader

I love reading these posts!! The good news is that we have a lot of people who couldn't make this event but either wanted to be there or now want to be at another one. They have seen the positive outcome and will hopefully be able to make the next one. As each event occurs, the attendance will grow. That is what this is all about. February 8th is the next event I have heard about. If we keep growing, have more speakers wanting to be included and get more positive coverage, then we will be able to help make a difference. I really see more and more opinions changing. I actually spoke with someone yesterday who was thrilled I was going to the rally and she was in full support of the 2A. I admit, I was shocked!! It was totally unexpected. Attitudes are turning...more Dems are rethinking their beliefs. It has to start somewhere. Some people will not agree with me and won't see any changes. That is okay. But we do need to remember that now is not the time for baby steps. We have to forge ahead by leaps and bounds!! Oh...and I now have several more people joining the NRA. It is a good day! :-)

Trish
California Coordinator
Second Amendment Sisters

http://www.2asisters.org
Old 01-20-2013, 12:31 PM

Had a great time, some very passionate speeches.

Glad to see lots of family's there with their children, I think the average gun owner was very well represented, only saw a couple of guys who, IMOP could have left the tactile gear at home.

Lots of great signs.

I was surprised by the lack of the media, I just thought there would be more.

I need to post some pics when I get to a computer.
Old 01-20-2013, 1:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post

From what I read here, the Sacramento Bee, or any of the local news outlets didn't cover it. If it isn't documented, it didn't happen.
There's more to national news than the excuse me, Sac Bee.

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Old 01-20-2013, 1:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcm View Post
Y'all quit knocking the CSA flag. It is a symbol of resistance to an over reaching government. It is not a symbol of bigotry. Perhaps that is what the media has convinced you of, sorta like they have convinced many of the evils of guns.

Under what flag did the klan march on DC with in the 20s?
That flag has NO place at a pro-gun rally on the capital steps in Sacramento, CA.

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Old 01-20-2013, 1:16 PM

Ok folks...
First off a huge THANK YOU to Thrashershark for all the help.
Another huge THANK YOU to Dan from the California Tea Party. They managed to get senator Nielsen, and Sam Paredes. They also brought studio level AV, and camera gear. For that I am eternally grateful.
Based on the fact folks were down to the first step, and overflowing to the side entrances we estimate the number around 2,000. That was from the politicians not me. MSM will say hundreds. When we have 10,000 they will say couple of thousand. It is what it is.
From what I saw, the rally was down played. Not good but it wasn't bad coverage. We were families, and kids, and yeah a few in camo, but that wasn't covered by the media, if at all.
Guns Across America isn't finished. We have only started.
We will have other events going on shortly so stay tuned.
Not a rally in the capital, but we will be working for petitions, that work, email and mail campaigns, you name it.
Right now a small contingent is trying to get to DC for the inauguration.
This was DAY ONE!
Old 01-20-2013, 1:19 PM

had a great time at the rally got lucky and didnt get a ticket my meter ran out haha heard some great speaches saw some great signs i have some good photos a videos ill be uploading them asap thank you every one for the support of our rights im glad there wasnt just a handful of people this is what we must do if we want to have a peaceful cause before it turns into a bloody war and our country is completly torn apart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 737959_10151165742721580_2106049614_o.jpg (93.1 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg gun rally 2.jpg (92.4 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg gun rally 3.jpg (85.7 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg gun rally 4.jpg (99.6 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg gun rally 5.jpg (100.4 KB, 98 views)
Old 01-20-2013, 1:22 PM

heres some more photos i have to upload the video to youtube still then i will post the url thanks again to all the badasses out there fighting for the rest of the americans rights
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gun rally 6.jpg (104.8 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg gun rally 7.jpg (94.0 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg gun rally.jpg (96.0 KB, 92 views)
Old 01-20-2013, 1:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
Thanks for doing that. that's a good backdrop. Hopefully still intact for re-use
Yup!

Just PM me if you need it somewhere for an event, going to war, whatever.
Old 01-20-2013, 1:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
bearflag, tell your best friend that was an awesome backdrop. I was admiring it the whole time. He should make it into a flag and start selling them.
Will do, i still have the original illustrator file i made it from, the design was rushed though, so maybe i'll finalize it and do that!
Old 01-20-2013, 1:27 PM

Thank you to all. I brought my family and even had a long conversation on the phone on the way home with family members and got them to join the NRA. I was able to get them to see this was not about guns but our RIGHTS. Thank you again to everyone that made it happen. The females in my family are just shocked at the female showing. Way to go Ladies!
Old 01-20-2013, 1:31 PM

First, THANKS to Sanchanim for taking the lead on this and putting together a successful event. I could hear the stress AND the belief you were doing the right thing in putting this on in your voice when you gave your closing remarks. I'll look for your next event posting on Gun Owners of California website; http://www.gunownersca.com/. I don't think you'll meet with threadcrapping there, especially since they were there supporting your effort.

Thanks to all the others that supported his efforts as well.

It was a great event and I was glad to be there.

Press or not and whether that coverage is good or bad, the event was motivating to ALL that support it whether they were in attendance or not and that was the key. I'm confident there'll be more activism from all supporters.

The best signs I personally saw were those held by a very pregnant woman's two daughters. Her eldest daughter, probably 4, had a sign saying "My mom loves guns." Her youngest daughter, probably 2, had a sign saying "Arm my teacher." She was wearing a t-shirt that said "My conservative mom can beat up your liberal dad." Classic!

On the way out, i asked the two CHP officers that were there on bikes what they thought of the event from their professional viewpoint. One did all the talking and he said these events, conservative issues, are the easiest to cover. Respectful, well behaved during the event, and CLEAN. He gave me some of his family history from the bay area and told me how it used to be YEARS ago. I then told him about the bubble-living losers that were protesting Templar in Los Gatos. When they left, they left a bunch of trash on the sidewalk out front. Real winners.

Again, a great event and thanks to Sanchanim and all his supporters for putting on a successful event.
Old 01-20-2013, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianm767 View Post

Really?

It would be great to have multiple 2a days like this - it will get to the point that people will demand to know what the heck is going on from the media. They'll have no choice but to air at least a little something eventually.

NO ISSUE / MAY ISSUE / SHALL ISSUE - LTC progress over time since 1986

Old 01-20-2013, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Yup!

Just PM me if you need it somewhere for an event, going to war, whatever.
If we do another gig up here, maybe it could be used on our mobile billboard to advertise the event in advance:

Old 01-20-2013, 2:10 PM
Veteran Member

To all of you who organized this I think you guys should apply your skills to the SoCal 2A march on February 8th 2013.

I'm willing to attend that one with some friends work permitting.
Old 01-20-2013, 2:18 PM

where is the SoCal rally going to be?

Last edited by bearflag; 01-20-2013 at 2:19 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 01-20-2013, 3:02 PM

It was a good turn out.

Here is some photo's enjoy:

Old 01-20-2013, 3:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchanim View Post
Ok folks...
First off a huge THANK YOU to Thrashershark for all the help.
Another huge THANK YOU to Dan from the California Tea Party. They managed to get senator Nielsen, and Sam Paredes. They also brought studio level AV, and camera gear. For that I am eternally grateful.
Based on the fact folks were down to the first step, and overflowing to the side entrances we estimate the number around 2,000. That was from the politicians not me. MSM will say hundreds. When we have 10,000 they will say couple of thousand. It is what it is.
From what I saw, the rally was down played. Not good but it wasn't bad coverage. We were families, and kids, and yeah a few in camo, but that wasn't covered by the media, if at all.
Guns Across America isn't finished. We have only started.
We will have other events going on shortly so stay tuned.
Not a rally in the capital, but we will be working for petitions, that work, email and mail campaigns, you name it.
Right now a small contingent is trying to get to DC for the inauguration.
This was DAY ONE!
Good for you!

You might consider a venue change to a more central/populated are?

The Federal Building on Wilshire in Los Angeles or the one in SF perhaps?

Old 01-20-2013, 3:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSteveGT View Post
Hosted on front of msn.com right now. http://news.msn.com/politics/thousan...-control-in-us
I love how the article is SOOO quick to point out how Texas writing laws to disregard any federal gun bans is, "against the constitution." But apparently, banning certain weapons from citizens is not. I really dislike NBC and their liberal rhetoric.
Old 01-20-2013, 4:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
where is the SoCal rally going to be?
Supposed to be on hill street. I sent them a email asking if they could PDF me the flyer so I could get the word out.

https://www.facebook.com/events/404580092955869/
Old 01-20-2013, 4:05 PM

I was utterly floored how we got out and did well. Could we have done better sure! You know if we were 50,000 people then maybe we would have made a big slash, as they said a few thousand protest!
We know it went well, and we got people motivated. We started communicating, and we can and will fight with truth. So far no real bad press.
Old 01-20-2013, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianm767 View Post
Had a great time, some very passionate speeches.

Glad to see lots of family's there with their children, I think the average gun owner was very well represented, only saw a couple of guys who, IMOP could have left the tactile gear at home.

Lots of great signs.

I need to post some pics when I get to a computer.

Me too ! Great speeches ! My son and I estimated the crowd to be around 6 to 7 hundred.

The A.P. carried the story as far as a nation wide event. I didn't see all the numbers, but two : Colorado had 500 and New York had 2,000 .
Old 01-20-2013, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotEnufGarage View Post
That would seem to be the case, based on the lack of press coverage. I just hope the participants don't feel like they've "done their part" now and sit back and do nothing more. That is the danger in these kind of gestures.

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. How many people did you get signed up for the NRA at your event? How many previously anti-gun or neutral people did you expose to shooting for the first time?

My point exactly. Did the organizers even bother to contact the Bee or KCRA? KCRA has a text story on the website, but no video. News 10 did broadcast a piece, but that's the only coverage I can find.

Now that you're all pumped up, take a newbie to the range, send a check to NRA, join SAF, CRPA, CCRKBA.
Actually we did contact KCRA, and channel ten. We also are in the LA times as well. None of the coverage was bad. Ok we didn't make front page through liberal media, but if you were expecting that I would need to be wild eyed Wayne from the NRA spewing something nonsensical or not, the media will be on it and twist the hell out of it.

We had a ton of families, a whole scout troop, over all it was good. You felt that we would get bad press. I knew we would have little press, or what there was would be over shadowed by people getting shot at gun shows! Yeah that's right all that gun appreciation day blew up in their face. Media matters is also spinning that those folks are racists as well. This was one rally, it was a start. We are working to grow, to do other things as well.
Old 01-20-2013, 4:26 PM

Interesting to see how the media largely ignored these events and instead is all over those gun show accidents.
Old 01-20-2013, 5:17 PM

One of the signs my son and I got a kick out of, was a lady holding a sign that said:

"If guns cause crime, mine must be defective"
Old 01-20-2013, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
There's more to national news than the excuse me, Sac Bee.
Hey genius, we have more to worry about from the California legislature than we do from Congress. And Cal legislatures are likely to read the Sac Bee.
Old 01-20-2013, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
If we do another gig up here, maybe it could be used on our mobile billboard to advertise the event in advance:
Maybe!

Though in general I try to avoid Sacto and the Bay about as much as I can. I had to make the epic journey for the sake of the cause and to support my brothers in arms.

If we don't stand firm now we will cower on our knees later.
Old 01-20-2013, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbull30 View Post
Supposed to be on hill street. I sent them a email asking if they could PDF me the flyer so I could get the word out.

https://www.facebook.com/events/404580092955869/
The best thing that the Feb 19 organizers did was put the event on a WEEKEND.

The Los Angeles organizers scheduling of their event during the week can only handicap it.
Old 01-20-2013, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Hey genius, we have more to worry about from the California legislature than we do from Congress. And Cal legislatures are likely to read the Sac Bee.
Perhaps you can use your powers of persuasion next times to convince them to send a reporter. You might want to lose the snarky attitude.

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
Edward Everett Hale
Old 01-20-2013, 7:56 PM

You know what? I was shocked as I read through this thread. I think I saw people afraid to take a stand. If I got the wrong impression then I'm sorry. I haven't read through all pages, I'm new to this group and I admit I don't know much about how to play politics. But, I know when it is time to take a stand.

I went to the thing in Sacramento because I'm afraid of what is happening in this country and I'm more afraid of what is happening in California. I got two days of notice about this event. I didn't have a clue who was putting this on. I didn't know what I would find what I got there. But something told me I have to go and I did! My wife went along...she is so awesome.

I LOVED THIS EVENT! I am so impressed with this guy that spoke. His name is Sam Paredes. I never heard of him before...if that makes me an idiot I don't care...I know now. I'm fired up after hearing this and I contributed money to his organization that night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWCpn...yer_detailpage

I think I'm going to get involved more...I just can't sit back and complain doing nothing...
Old 01-20-2013, 8:00 PM

I just saw one of the flyers taped up at my local gas station for the event.
Very cool. Im in Lake county
Old 01-20-2013, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lath View Post
You know what? I was shocked as I read through this thread. I think I saw people afraid to take a stand. If I got the wrong impression then I'm sorry. I haven't read through all pages, I'm new to this group and I admit I don't know much about how to play politics. But, I know when it is time to take a stand.

I went to the thing in Sacramento because I'm afraid of what is happening in this country and I'm more afraid of what is happening in California. I got two days of notice about this event. I didn't have a clue who was putting this on. I didn't know what I would find what I got there. But something told me I have to go and I did! My wife went along...she is so awesome.

I LOVED THIS EVENT! I am so impressed with this guy that spoke. His name is Sam Paredes. I never heard of him before...if that makes me an idiot I don't care...I know now. I'm fired up after hearing this and I contributed money to his organization that night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWCpn...yer_detailpage

I think I'm going to get involved more...I just can't sit back and complain doing nothing...
High five!
I had already bought all my friends and family GOA memberships, and am becoming a pariah amongst my hollywood friends for making the case for why they should be against gun control legislations, i was there supporting them with their calls for freedom, but they are like the ACLU , they support ALL your liberties except one. I actively make sure the rest if my friends have good arguments and are aware of the history and philosophy behind the pro heavily armed citizenry is good and moral.

I saw travis Haley and NutnFancy's videos on youtube, Then logged into CalGuns for details, a day later i was up till 3:45 am painting a banner and by 5:45 I was wheels up and heading for Sacramento.

I know a lot of you have been in the fight in a more substantive way than many of us for a long time. But the real fighting hasnt begun yet, and our numbers and resolve grow every day with the events like Saturday's.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
The best thing that the Feb 19 organizers did was put the event on a WEEKEND.

The Los Angeles organizers scheduling of their event during the week can only handicap it.
I'm curious why the chose the Civic Center too? Parking is tough/expensive and the exposure won't be what it could be.

The Federal building on Wilshire would have been cool. Good neighborhood, free parking, tons of exposure, etc.

At least they are doing something. Good for them!

Old 01-21-2013, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhahner444@hotmail.com View Post
One of the signs my son and I got a kick out of, was a lady holding a sign that said:

"If guns cause crime, mine must be defective"
That might have been my wife. Short lady?
Old 01-21-2013, 8:45 AM
Veteran Member

Here is some small coverage from the L.A times.

Be sure to blow up the poll while you are there..

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,4533320.story
Old 01-21-2013, 8:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyous68 View Post
Actually, if you'd do your homework, there was great support for the Confederacy in CA during the Civil War. Very few voted for Lincoln, (Only about 32% of the population). Existing militias were even disbanded due to high support for the Secessionists, and new pro-Union ones were formed to keep control in California. It's pretty interesting stuff when you get into it.

On the other hand, I sincerely doubt the douche bags that come over here from the Valley flying the Stars & Bars from their trucks have any clue about that history. They're just being stupid hicks tearing up our town.
Screw you and “your” town. You bit** and moan about how bad CA law is and then you bit** about the only part of the state that sends anything but commies to Sacramento.

I’ll keep my pro gun sheriff and my CCW. You bay area Obama types can keep the change!
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)

Last edited by Meplat; 01-21-2013 at 9:02 AM..
Old 01-21-2013, 9:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meplat View Post
Screw you and “your” town. You bit** and moan about how bad CA law is and then you bit** about the only part of the state that sends anything but commies to Sacramento.
Gotta admit; That's some funny sheet.

But, can't we all just try and get along. (I'm obligated to say that)