Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 02-12-2018, 2:49 PM

Default Your opinions pleaae

Going out of town for work this week and policies at work prohibit ccw on the job. Yes, concealed means concealed and all that but I don't want to risk it. But I want to have my ccw at the hotel and in the evenings. I won't have my car and not leaving it in a shared car in unfamiliar area. What about leaving it locked in its box stuffed under bed or in closet or something? What would any of you do?
Old 02-12-2018, 3:01 PM

If it is not with you, then I'd say in a locked safe. Does the hotel have a safe in the room? Call the front desk and ask them if they have a safe.
Old 02-12-2018, 3:04 PM
Some Yahoo on the Web
CGN Contributor

I do this fairly often. Sometimes with my car, often times without.

I always carry my Pelican 1450 case with me when traveling with my EDC (I check the case as a checked bag with my unloaded EDC inside when flying) and use it to lock up my EDC and then put the case inside of my regular suitcase, usually in the hotel room closet. Never had an issue and unless someone is looking, they won't know a gun is there.
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

Old 02-12-2018, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert101 View Post
If it is not with you, then I'd say in a locked safe. Does the hotel have a safe in the room? Call the front desk and ask them if they have a safe.
No safe available.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:38 AM

In times like these, I like to do the math:

If it's:
(1) risky to bring with you at the workplace because you might lose your job,
(2) Risky to leave in the car because it might be stolen/discovered by your companions
(3) Risky to leave in your hotel room because there is no safe and someone might mess with it

... well maybe unless you're going to Skid Row, it's probably best to just leave it at home, because the risk of doing so is less than the risk of combining (1), (2) and (3) above.

Lastly, you yourself know a lot more facts than we do, and you said "I don't want to risk it" -- you should probably go with your gut. You know more than we do.

Good luck.

Last edited by caliberetta; 02-13-2018 at 12:41 AM..
Old 02-13-2018, 1:10 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

http://www.2daydeliver.com/product_d...t=2dd%201-mill
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Samuel Adams
Old 02-13-2018, 2:01 AM
Veteran Member

Hotel room safe and if not available, hide it somewhere in the room. A few small tools can remove AC vents, random panels, etc that are good hiding places for small hand guns. I would guess most theivery is by maintenance and cleaning staff which are likely to get in and out quickly.
Old 02-13-2018, 5:53 AM

If a can’t secure it I’m not taking it with me. If I deem the location unsafe I’m going to come down with the flu or have a long talk with the boss about an exemption for this trip. By the grace of God my employer is a 2A supporter so I guess it’s easy for me to say.
Old 02-13-2018, 6:57 AM

Thank you for everyone's thoughts. I've decided to leave it. Can't take the risk of losing my job right now. Hopefully we will not be in any shady areas.