Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Arizona Ex-Pat
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Wink 2013 is going to be rough year for Gun Owners

Good Morning Everyone

2013 is going to be rough year for Gun Owners; this is going to be a tough fight an emotional fight and a fight that we all need to be involved in.

As this fight begins to take off, our community must endeavor to remain positive and aggressive while being respectful of the efforts of other gun owners. We need to remember that we will not agree with everyone’s efforts to preserve our Second Amendment right and others will not agree with our efforts, but the disagreement does not mean we should set aside respect. We need to remain respectful in our opinions and comments, we need to stand up and be heard, stand up and lead but please be positive when offering a differing opinion.
  • The goal is clear: Support, Further and Exercise our Second Amendment right
  • The strategy is clear: Be efficient with our available resources so we can achieve the goal
  • The tactic: The tool to accomplish the strategy will always be a catch point. Be respectful and have tolerance of others and their tactic and if the tactic is unreasonable (law braking, dangerous to others) then please express your opinion but respond as a leader and not with insults.

Lead with a strong positive hand, a thinking mind and open ears, we need to encourage as many as possible to get into this fight.

Cya on the trail folks

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:19 AM

Well said. United we stand Divided we fall.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:26 AM

I agree with all the above! And, I have donated $$$ to all of the pertinent groups who will be leading the legal fight.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:04 AM

Donations to the NRA, SAF, CGF, CRPA are going to be much needed. I'll be donating varying in that order to each organization.
I am a physician. I am held to being "the expert" in medicine. I can't fall back on feigned ignorance and the statement that the patient should have known better than I. When an officer "can't be expected to know the entire penal code", but a citizen is held to "ignorance is no excuse", this is equivalent to ME being able to sue my patient for my own malpractice-after all, the patient should have known better, right?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:05 AM

I believe the firearms purchase background checks are being delayed because the new EO's will ban them which means the purchasers will not be receiving them. : (
Old 01-15-2013, 11:14 AM

Fight on
Old 01-15-2013, 12:56 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I agree. Some very key players have been fighting each other, and it needs to stop.

Regards,

SwissFluCase
Old 01-15-2013, 2:41 PM

I have spent over 7 grand in the last month on firearms ammo and support of the NRA. If were going down I'm going out swinging for the fence
Old 01-15-2013, 3:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Forget about 2013, we have at least an election cycle or two to try to make it through.

The fabric of America has changed, I'm not sure how you can change it back, when all the young people are being indoctrinated at an increasing level.

Quote:
"Give me four years to teach the children, and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted."

-Vladimir Ilyich Lenin
Old 01-15-2013, 5:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I was indoctrinated. Now look at me. You can't fool a a kid forever.

Regards,

SwissFluCase
Old 01-15-2013, 5:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFluCase View Post
Lenin said that before the internet.

Now, I'm not claiming that your conversion had anything to do with the internet, but there is no denying that, politically speaking, the internet has been a game changer.

In addition, I would suspect that 85%+ of people who grow up in a certain political mindset, stay that way for life. Hell, there are Germans & Russians around today that still very much like the idea of Nazism and Stalinism.
Old 01-15-2013, 6:36 PM

People are changed one by one. They make decisiions now and do not realize the consequences of their actions. Wit the law possibly coming to be that revolvers are going to be the only thing available for personal defense, people will lean that 6 is not alway enough especially when there may be more than one intruders. these people will realize there errors at some point, hopefully it will not be too late. That is asking alot.
Old 01-16-2013, 8:22 AM

Obama the "furer" just signed 24 new laws on National TV with kids.
Just like Sadam does on TV... Kids with the leader, also Chaves.... does this too...

I sent Obama 326 business books in his 1st 6 months thinking he would use the info to fix the economy and not mess up jobs in America. I think now we are being "HURT" more by Obama than Osama!

Gents, should I request my 326 hard back books be returned....

Last edited by repo4sale; 01-16-2013 at 8:24 AM.. Reason: Info.
Old 01-16-2013, 8:31 AM
In Memoriam

Gun owners will be ok. Buyers not so much.
Old 01-16-2013, 8:39 AM

Happy 5,000th post!
Old 01-16-2013, 8:39 AM
Banned

Keep converting the anti's and neutrals to our side. I have a neutral adult female friend who wants to go to the range with me this week.

Keep pushing forward!
Old 01-16-2013, 8:44 AM

Obama did nothing. He passed the football to Congress, where it will go nowhere
Old 01-16-2013, 8:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDogUSMC View Post
Obama did nothing. He passed the football to Congress, where it will go nowhere
Don't be too sure about that. Could states unban them?

Last edited by Indigo2; 01-16-2013 at 8:57 AM..
Old 01-16-2013, 9:24 AM
Veteran Member

NY just passed a gun law and of course our legislators won't be out-done by NY!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke speech of 23 April 1770, "Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents," delivered to the House of Commons.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo2 View Post
Don't be too sure about that. Could states unban them?
Nothing was banned by executive order. Read them. Every item pertaining to assualt weapons and magazines was passed to Congress.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisCA View Post
NY just passed a gun law and of course our legislators won't be out-done by NY!
The only legislation in CA right now is for ammo, and that was blocked in court. No one wants to touch this, and we will not be going to 7 rd mags. But who cares with the rebuild loophole.

I have zero issue with background checks on all private transactions (we already do that). I have no problem with attempts to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people and criminals (we already ask those questions on our DROS forms).

If these damn mass shootings can stop, we can all keep going as we have been. Every time kids are murdered with any type of gun, it will re-open the issue. Solution: tighter background checks in every state for both retail and private sales. If they don't like it - too damn bad...we already have to do it and I'm fine with it. Then we won't ever have to hear about magazine capacity or weapon types again.
Old 01-16-2013, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertexplore View Post
Keep converting the anti's and neutrals to our side. I have a neutral adult female friend who wants to go to the range with me this week.

Keep pushing forward!
right on. i'm taking two of my left-leaning friends to the range this weekend. the best way to gain support is to be a respectful and logical leader.
Old 01-17-2013, 4:22 AM

2013 is going to be a tough year for gun enthusiasts? Looks pretty tough to me and it's only January. Sigh.

Good information and let's stay positive.
Next to me in the blackness lay my oiled blue steel beauty. The greatest Christmas gift I had ever received, or would ever receive. Gradually, I drifted off to sleep, pringing ducks on the wing and getting off spectacular hip shots.
- Ralphie from "A Christmas Story"
Old 01-17-2013, 4:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDogUSMC View Post
The only legislation in CA right now is for ammo, and that was blocked in court. No one wants to touch this, and we will not be going to 7 rd mags. But who cares with the rebuild loophole.

I have zero issue with background checks on all private transactions (we already do that). I have no problem with attempts to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people and criminals (we already ask those questions on our DROS forms).

If these damn mass shootings can stop, we can all keep going as we have been. Every time kids are murdered with any type of gun, it will re-open the issue. Solution: tighter background checks in every state for both retail and private sales. If they don't like it - too damn bad...we already have to do it and I'm fine with it. Then we won't ever have to hear about magazine capacity or weapon types again.
You should pay more attention. In addition to severe limitations on ammo purchases, we are facing ammo purchase permits, ammo purchase reporting, magazine possession bans, and so-called assault weapon bans and registration.

Lifetime Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Old 01-17-2013, 8:39 AM

Default Capitulate

I think that we have to worry about capitulation. They keep pushing the rhetoric and the Overton Window encroaches on our last vestiges of freedom. Let's remember, every American has a God given right to keep and bear arms and every American has the right to defend themselves.

The right to keep and bear arms and the right to defend yourself are two rights that oppose each other. The balance of power that makes sure that guns are used for justice, under penalty of retaliation from other equally armed citizens.

No government enforcement necessary.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:

Keep pushing forward!
I think there's a misconception that getting people to enjoy shooting will turn them away from wanting more gun legislation. The stats show that we could use some moderate gun laws.
Old 01-19-2013, 4:05 AM
Calguns Addict

That article shows nothing of the sort.
Old 01-19-2013, 6:20 AM
Arizona Ex-Pat

You are right on!!!

One Prime effort of the Calguns Sports Shooting Association is to get "New Shooters" out to the range. Get them out there, get talking and get everyone empowered.
The President and his administration can over run a single person but they can't overrun our collective community.

Before April 19th 1775 less then one third of the Colonials wanted Independence from the King and within that one third they had spys and conservatives and moderates and radicals. What made them a force was they were a community focused against a common enemy with the prize of Independence. We need to build our community up and up and up again and again, we need to raise up the awareness so that they know their Freedoms are being attacked. Not with reason or common sense but with knee jerk emotion.

Quote:

Keep pushing forward!

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:29 PM

Default Losing the war of the airways

I think one of our biggest problem now is public perception. The media is bombarding the public with the "assault weapon" term. The media is leading the general public to believe the AR 15's are some how more powerful than they any other semi auto .223 rifle.

I was talking with a very pro gun women the other day at work. She is highly supportive of the second amendment and has first hand experience in defending herself when she shot and killed an intruder.

During our conversation she was voicing her concern that she may be disarmed by the new laws. She said that we should not have assault weapons though. She said, no one hunts with AR 15's. I told her that I did, and in fact hunted quite often with mine. I told her I hunted coyotes and deer. Wide eyed she said, doesn't it blow the deer apart? I laughed and said no. It is actually a very small caliber for deer and I have to be very accurate to kill deer with it. She then asked how that could be when I "sprayed" the deer with all the bullets when I pulled the trigger. I had to explain that the gun is semi automatic and fired only one round with each pull of the trigger.

After We talked for a while she explained that she had been misled by the news because the news was telling her that these guns shoot huge bullets that blow thing apart in full automatic fire.

This is my point. If someone who is extremely pro gun, supports the second amendment, is concerned about being disarmed and unable to protect herself and has actually used her firearm to defend herself, is totally misled by the bias in the media. Then what chance does the average, non gun owning person have of getting the correct information to come to a rational decision on the issue.

We need to somehow come up with a national education campaign to educate and get the facts out. We need to create "commercials" showing simple to understand examples comparing weapons so the public can be correctly informed. We need to bombard the airways with examples of the lives saved by the responsible ownership and use of firearms.
Old 01-21-2013, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhunters5 View Post
I think one of our biggest problem now is public perception. The media is bombarding the public with the "assault weapon" term. The media is leading the general public to believe the AR 15's are some how more powerful than they any other semi auto .223 rifle.

I was talking with a very pro gun women the other day at work. She is highly supportive of the second amendment and has first hand experience in defending herself when she shot and killed an intruder.

During our conversation she was voicing her concern that she may be disarmed by the new laws. She said that we should not have assault weapons though. She said, no one hunts with AR 15's. I told her that I did, and in fact hunted quite often with mine. I told her I hunted coyotes and deer. Wide eyed she said, doesn't it blow the deer apart? I laughed and said no. It is actually a very small caliber for deer and I have to be very accurate to kill deer with it. She then asked how that could be when I "sprayed" the deer with all the bullets when I pulled the trigger. I had to explain that the gun is semi automatic and fired only one round with each pull of the trigger.

After We talked for a while she explained that she had been misled by the news because the news was telling her that these guns shoot huge bullets that blow thing apart in full automatic fire.

This is my point. If someone who is extremely pro gun, supports the second amendment, is concerned about being disarmed and unable to protect herself and has actually used her firearm to defend herself, is totally misled by the bias in the media. Then what chance does the average, non gun owning person have of getting the correct information to come to a rational decision on the issue.

We need to somehow come up with a national education campaign to educate and get the facts out. We need to create "commercials" showing simple to understand examples comparing weapons so the public can be correctly informed. We need to bombard the airways with examples of the lives saved by the responsible ownership and use of firearms.
You could not be more accurate. I have read several articles recently where the media refers to a Bushmaster assault rifle like the one used in the Newtown shootings. I've also read that the Bushmaster was NOT used in the Newtown shootings, that it was merely found in the shooter's vehicle. He used handguns in the shootings. This just shows that the media will publish propaganda to further their agenda.
Old 01-21-2013, 9:28 PM

Great posts everyone. I personally ended all my friendships with anti-2A friends and don't regret it one bit. They can go on their ignorant Mary way. There is no reasoning with die hard anti-gun morons, but I did convert some. They are now looking into purchasing thier own firearms and joining us in this fight. A few more NRA members on its way! Cheers

Last edited by david619; 01-21-2013 at 11:53 PM..
Old 01-21-2013, 9:32 PM

That sounds great! Now find me one mass media outlet with the stones to do that...
Old 01-21-2013, 9:38 PM
Calguns Addict

tag!!
Old 01-22-2013, 8:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFluCase View Post

Regards,

SwissFluCase
We can also make sure to teach our own children about the indoctrinations that are ongoing. Some may be addle-minded enough to fall for the magic show, but there will always be enough who see the man behind the curtain.

"Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
I like my guns like the left likes their voters-"undocumented".
Old 01-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member

Nice post and it definitely needed to be a sticky.

I have a similar situation to Arrowhunter on how people who are misinformed can easily be confused. I showed a family member my recent semi auto AR purchase and her remark was “Don’t you already have one of those?” (referring to a Black 12ga I own) Then she asked “Well does this one have a magazine?” Yes, but did you know the 12ga holds just as many?…Her response..“Oh…..so why is everyone talking about that one?”………………

Alright back on topic. I’ve been lurking here a lot lately and if you are a new guy reading this try to follow the lead and donate to the groups mentioned in this topic. Even if it’s just 5 bucks. You guys can skip the fast food for a day to protect your rights and get involved. If nothing comes out of it then we succeeded. If something does happen at least you tried to be part of the solution instead of rolling over and complaining on the net.

If you cant hit your pocket book at all then at a minimum try to dedicate a day to taking someone who isnt in "The Know" on guns to the range like others have mentioned. Pass out/post flyers for positive events or showing your prescence at peaceful rallys or local lawmakers Q&A sessions.

I believe every little bit helps. Just do it respectfully and in good taste.

Last edited by pitbull30; 01-22-2013 at 11:35 AM..
Old 01-22-2013, 10:27 PM

I notice throughout discussions the strong disagreements people have, well intentioned or not. We must find that point of common ground that we can build on to keep putting out one loud voice. It usually wouldnt matter, so many different opinions about the same thing but i feel we're in a war and soldiers cant win if all are shooting in different directions.
Old 01-23-2013, 3:46 PM
Calguns Addict

The guns have to go so the USA will fall in line with the new world order it is must. Then we will be able to worship the beast.
Old 01-23-2013, 4:29 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat

Council Meeting Observations: CALGUNS-CGSSA "Glendale Gun Show/Glendale City Council" Observations

Old 01-23-2013, 5:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I agree. I am working on a thought to provide some suggestions. You hit a hot button so we need to work on that communication concept. Keep up the conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennys dad View Post
[*]The tactic: The tool to accomplish the strategy will always be a catch point. Be respectful and have tolerance of others and their tactic and if the tactic is unreasonable (law braking, dangerous to others) then please express your opinion but respond as a leader and not with insults.[/LIST]
i have tried this tatic and recieved insults and name calling for citing laws the pertain the posession of firearms on a school campus.

i know when that happens the discussion is over since they do not have a leg to stand in their argument.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.

Last edited by pennys dad; 01-23-2013 at 5:24 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 7:34 AM
Veteran Member

Saw this today:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...ming-thursday/
"The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke speech of 23 April 1770, "Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents," delivered to the House of Commons.