Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 06-24-2009, 6:14 PM
Banned

Default BB confusion (again)

What's the difference between the Prince Gen 2 BB and a Gen 1 "Bullet Button" ? and If it's not a Prince who makes it ?
Old 06-24-2009, 6:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Twosome View Post
What's the difference between the Prince Gen 2 BB and a Gen 1 "Bullet Button" ? and If it's not a Prince who makes it ?
Gen 1 BB : oval opening, silver colored nut
Gen 2 "Beta" BB : round opening, black colored nut, too short (these were very limited)
Gen 2 BB : round opening, black colored nut

Functionally the same, cosmetic difference.

Then there is a P50, which is a regular mag button, drilled and tapped, with a hex screw install, and that LOCK the button. Have to top-load.

New to Calguns, check here first:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56818
Old 06-24-2009, 6:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jicko View Post
Gen 1 BB : oval opening, silver colored nut
Gen 2 "Beta" BB : round opening, black colored nut, too short (these were very limited)
Gen 2 BB : round opening, black colored nut

Functionally the same, cosmetic difference.

Then there is a P50, which is a regular mag button, drilled and tapped, with a hex screw install, and that LOCK the button. Have to top-load.
I have no idea what "round" and "oval opening" mean, but I do know the Gen 1 base was milled larger and had to be filed down for insertion, if that's what you mean?

Google Map of OLL Dealers

List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.
Old 06-24-2009, 6:52 PM
Banned

The simple look of the Gen 1 is very "prototype" & "one off " especially with the silver screw , I like that one very much even if I have to dremel it a little.
Old 06-24-2009, 7:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I believe there were 4 (5 if you count my prototypes.)

All 4 were made by Prince50:

1. Oval opening, silver nut: Had issues.
2. Round opening, silver nut, tall & wide body: This was the first one in mass availability. I advised Prince on some changes to make his #1 more like my prototypes so I wouldn't have to spend the time productizing.
3. Round opening, silver nut, short & wide body: These were too short. Not very many made it into the wild.
4. Round opening, black nut, tall & narrow body: This is the one that is very widely available.

0. Round opening, silver nut, silver tall & narrow body: A very select group of people have one of the very, very first Bullet Buttons (originally the Range Safe Mag Lock or RSML.)

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @CalgunsFdn on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 06-24-2009, 8:04 PM
Banned

Is the Gen 1 that CWS offers the one with the oval hole as stated in #1 of the 4 ? and which one has tiny grooves on face around hole ?
Old 06-24-2009, 8:34 PM
Banned

Is Metal Dog Tactical the only vendor with Free shipping on BB's & 10 round mags ??????
Old 06-25-2009, 7:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
I believe there were 4 (5 if you count my prototypes.)

All 4 were made by Prince50:

1. Oval opening, silver nut: Had issues.
2. Round opening, silver nut, tall & wide body: This was the first one in mass availability. I advised Prince on some changes to make his #1 more like my prototypes so I wouldn't have to spend the time productizing.
3. Round opening, silver nut, short & wide body: These were too short. Not very many made it into the wild.
4. Round opening, black nut, tall & narrow body: This is the one that is very widely available.

0. Round opening, silver nut, silver tall & narrow body: A very select group of people have one of the very, very first Bullet Buttons (originally the Range Safe Mag Lock or RSML.)

-Gene
Gene which one would most resemble an early "prototype" bullet button of yours and could you sell me one of your variations for $25.00 ?