Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 10-15-2017, 5:14 AM
Kyle1886's Avatar
Kyle1886 Kyle1886 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: N. San Diego Co.
Posts: 1,591
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNorthern View Post
Middle America yes....but California will take this as a decree to attempt to ban all semi autos.

And they'll pass it, too.

Some people here say it won't happen, I don't agree.
It very well may happen, or the attempt in CA. If it's left up to CA. voters, history tells us it will eventually happen locally; nationally I have doubts.

Respectfully
Kyle
__________________
Take responsibility for your own actions!

WE are the NRA.

___________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-15-2017, 6:01 AM
Maulerrr Maulerrr is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: San Diego
Posts: 237
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

****
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-15-2017, 6:02 AM
BluNorthern's Avatar
BluNorthern BluNorthern is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lassen County
Posts: 9,880
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

This is the specific purpose of voter initiatives in California. Our legislators are well aware of how stupid the vast majority of California voters are, and how easily duped they are by the wording on these initiatives, if...and that's a huge if...the voters even read it. "Releasing criminals back onto the streets will make you safer!" Nobody in their right mind would think that, yet that's the line fed to the retards here for Props 47 and 57...and they bought it.

Gets the legislators off the hook...they just point and say "we didn't do nuttin, the voters put this in place."


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle1886 View Post
It very well may happen, or the attempt in CA. If it's left up to CA. voters, history tells us it will eventually happen locally; nationally I have doubts.

Respectfully
Kyle
__________________
"I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-15-2017, 3:32 PM
TMB 1's Avatar
TMB 1 TMB 1 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 530
Posts: 4,728
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNorthern View Post
This is the specific purpose of voter initiatives in California. Our legislators are well aware of how stupid the vast majority of California voters are, and how easily duped they are by the wording on these initiatives, if...and that's a huge if...the voters even read it. "Releasing criminals back onto the streets will make you safer!" Nobody in their right mind would think that, yet that's the line fed to the retards here for Props 47 and 57...and they bought it.

Gets the legislators off the hook...they just point and say "we didn't do nuttin, the voters put this in place."
They do that because they have areas in CA that have more votes than it has voters.

__________________

Last edited by TMB 1; 10-15-2017 at 4:58 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-16-2017, 1:33 PM
DerekG DerekG is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBamBoo View Post
And still....gun owners refuse to join the NRA. We should have 5 million NRA members in CA alone.



.
Are you serious? This bill, (which outlaws possession of detachable magazines) is co-sponsored by a congressmen with an "A" rating from the NRA. Ed Royce.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-16-2017, 4:36 PM
byf_43 byf_43 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Can someone explain why this bill would, as the thread title suggests, "ban semi autos"? The bill is painfully vague insofar as what would fall under the umbrella of "parts that is designed and functions to increase the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but does not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun" but I'm not getting how this is a "ban" of semi autos, nor do I understand OP's statement of "DO NOT LET THEM REDEFINE SEMI AUTOMATIC FIRE". Can someone walk me through this? On its face, it sounds like they're trying to ban bumpfire stocks and "trigger crank" devices; I get that the vague language means they could potentially use this to then target trigger pull reduction springs and etc, but I'm still not seeing how this is a "ban" on semi autos.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-16-2017, 5:23 PM
chris's Avatar
chris chris is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Texas for now
Posts: 18,179
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNorthern View Post
Middle America yes....but California will take this as a decree to attempt to ban all semi autos.

And they'll pass it, too.

Some people here say it won't happen, I don't agree.
It's coming. Give it in the first year of Newsom's governorship or right after it will be introduced.
__________________
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:11 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.