Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 10-15-2017, 5:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNorthern View Post
Middle America yes....but California will take this as a decree to attempt to ban all semi autos.

And they'll pass it, too.

Some people here say it won't happen, I don't agree.
It very well may happen, or the attempt in CA. If it's left up to CA. voters, history tells us it will eventually happen locally; nationally I have doubts.

Respectfully
Kyle

WE are the NRA.

Old 10-15-2017, 6:01 AM

Old 10-15-2017, 6:02 AM
Calguns Addict

This is the specific purpose of voter initiatives in California. Our legislators are well aware of how stupid the vast majority of California voters are, and how easily duped they are by the wording on these initiatives, if...and that's a huge if...the voters even read it. "Releasing criminals back onto the streets will make you safer!" Nobody in their right mind would think that, yet that's the line fed to the retards here for Props 47 and 57...and they bought it.

Gets the legislators off the hook...they just point and say "we didn't do nuttin, the voters put this in place."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle1886 View Post
It very well may happen, or the attempt in CA. If it's left up to CA. voters, history tells us it will eventually happen locally; nationally I have doubts.

Respectfully
Kyle

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Old 10-15-2017, 3:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
This is the specific purpose of voter initiatives in California. Our legislators are well aware of how stupid the vast majority of California voters are, and how easily duped they are by the wording on these initiatives, if...and that's a huge if...the voters even read it. "Releasing criminals back onto the streets will make you safer!" Nobody in their right mind would think that, yet that's the line fed to the retards here for Props 47 and 57...and they bought it.

Gets the legislators off the hook...they just point and say "we didn't do nuttin, the voters put this in place."
They do that because they have areas in CA that have more votes than it has voters.

Last edited by TMB 1; 10-15-2017 at 4:58 PM..
Old 10-16-2017, 1:33 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBamBoo View Post
And still....gun owners refuse to join the NRA. We should have 5 million NRA members in CA alone.

Are you serious? This bill, (which outlaws possession of detachable magazines) is co-sponsored by a congressmen with an "A" rating from the NRA. Ed Royce.
Old 10-16-2017, 4:36 PM

Can someone explain why this bill would, as the thread title suggests, "ban semi autos"? The bill is painfully vague insofar as what would fall under the umbrella of "parts that is designed and functions to increase the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but does not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun" but I'm not getting how this is a "ban" of semi autos, nor do I understand OP's statement of "DO NOT LET THEM REDEFINE SEMI AUTOMATIC FIRE". Can someone walk me through this? On its face, it sounds like they're trying to ban bumpfire stocks and "trigger crank" devices; I get that the vague language means they could potentially use this to then target trigger pull reduction springs and etc, but I'm still not seeing how this is a "ban" on semi autos.
Old 10-16-2017, 5:23 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Middle America yes....but California will take this as a decree to attempt to ban all semi autos.

And they'll pass it, too.

Some people here say it won't happen, I don't agree.
It's coming. Give it in the first year of Newsom's governorship or right after it will be introduced.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.