Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 08-15-2013, 4:05 AM

See avatar.

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States.

Noah Webster, An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, 1787
Old 08-15-2013, 8:27 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpc13 View Post
They will go after handguns next. Just wait you'll see
Between the roster, the microstamping, and the detachable magazine BS, they're pretty much are going after all handguns more or less.

If only we could restrict the gun-grabbers First Amendment rights to the extent they have restricted our Second Amendment rights. At least we would have to listen to so much BS.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever.

Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Old 08-15-2013, 8:45 AM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator

Odds are I will be leaving CA once my son completes high school so any of my firearms and magazine that would be affected will just cease to exist till the time comes they are legal again. That being said all ammo is just a few hours away as far as Im concerned ca will not get there 50 ammo reg fees from me.
http://www.oniva.com/upload/204/Signature_copy_small.jpg
Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.
Old 08-15-2013, 8:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpc13 View Post
They will go after handguns next. Just wait you'll see
They already Have!! SB567 Senator Jackson: Revises the definition of a shotgun. If you have a pistol (Like a .45LC) that can shoot a shotshell it redefines the pistol as a short barreled shotgun. You must register it as an assault weapon.

I'm surprised this wasn't brought up.
Old 08-15-2013, 8:54 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3572001 View Post
If all bills that are likely to pass will pass and become a law in Ca. What handguns are not effected at all? in the worst case scenario
Aparently i'm a handgun cause i wont be in this state to long after they go into effect
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 08-15-2013, 5:50 PM

I wonder the possibility of gun owners getting together and renting property to store what they have in Nevada or Oregon, for as long as it takes to fight these laws back.
Old 08-15-2013, 6:17 PM

This past few weeks has been way too much for me its crazy. Keep thinking what am I suppose to do I cant just up and go and start new life somewhere out of state I am a personal trainer and all my clientel is great right now. I have no family out of state either
Old 08-15-2013, 7:34 PM

Also if you look at SB396, it states confiscation of our pre ban magazines. WTF? That already sounds illegal in any essence. So it pretty much say we want your guns to go along with them mags.
Old 08-15-2013, 8:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustercat View Post
I wonder the possibility of gun owners getting together and renting property to store what they have in Nevada or Oregon, for as long as it takes to fight these laws back.
No landlord is going to rent to you if he knows what you're up to.

A slightly different approach would be to establish a partnership, like a LLP for instance (though I'm not sure that would be the best choice), and purchase a property where firearms owned by the partners could be stored. There would have to be insurance and an appropriately secure location. Both of those points would boost the cost I'm sure. However if enough people use it the costs would be more manageable on an individual basis, or maybe per gun.

Just thinking off the top of my head here. IANAL either

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever.

Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Old 08-15-2013, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHP1127 View Post
Bad news: these laws won't matter. No criminals are going to turn in their weapons.

Good news: if your 15 year old son in high school says he is considering "transgender" then he can now legally go in the girls locker room... score! Thank you Kalifornia!
Exactly, F*** these Mother F******
Old 08-16-2013, 6:44 PM

Surprised no one has brought this up that I can find..... the COMMIEFORNIA State Constitution DOES NOT even HAVE a 2nd A IN IT..... I think this is where these tot fooktards are getting their ball sacks all swelled up .. even the 'female' antis.... 'hey its NOT in OUR state's Constitution,so we can screw over fire arm owners all we want'. Since we also have the largest welfare population and illegal population we can bully them to support 'us' if they want the 'social nipple to keep making statemilk and fedmilk....

Like was posted... 100's of 1,000's of us will be crooks, while real crooks get released to start shiiite up again....

'I have so many good karma points I am approaching Saint Hood'

"They tell you of a laundry detergent that takes out bloodstains- I'm thinking that if you have clothes covered in bloodstains-maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem"

[SIGPIC]http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic27069_2.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 09-07-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLICESTATE View Post
No landlord is going to rent to you if he knows what you're up to.

A slightly different approach would be to establish a partnership, like a LLP for instance (though I'm not sure that would be the best choice), and purchase a property where firearms owned by the partners could be stored. There would have to be insurance and an appropriately secure location. Both of those points would boost the cost I'm sure. However if enough people use it the costs would be more manageable on an individual basis, or maybe per gun.

Just thinking off the top of my head here. IANAL either
Maybe, but I hardly think a mini storage place in Carson City is going to care about a bunch of Calgunners storing something that's 100% legal in Nevada in their lockers. And for that very reason, who the hell are they to ask questions?

In anycase... it's a step between compliance, fleeing, and willful law breaking even if that means burying your stuff in PVC tubes in the yard. It allows people to play the waiting game without risking felonies and property seizures.
I would trade up being able to shoot feinstein guns at a range for a few years for having any gun owners become model felons, or going in any politician's files with their "pre-confiscation" initiatives.
As Heller showed, time may be on our side.

Grabborrhoids: a chronic tendency to repeatedly call for bills that won't work, to fix laws that don't make sense, to regulate objects you don't understand
Old 09-07-2013, 6:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshnasi View Post
I've divested all my auto loaders into revolvers and lever actions...
Hate to tell you this but any center fire rifle with a fixed magazine that holds more than ten rounds is also deemed an assault rifle. This would include lever action rifles that use handgun ammo such as 44, 357, 44-40 etc.
Old 09-07-2013, 6:35 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VendetAR View Post
If all the laws pass... A whole lot of us will be felons if caught.
But where would they put everyone? The prisons are already full.
Old 09-07-2013, 6:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Put the blame on all those gun owners who buy a gun a week yet never donate anything to pro second amendments organizations. Curse all those who keep on reelecting the anti gun politicians just because they heard the politicians name on the evening news and are too lazy to study up on the issues. Subjects don't need guns in this new world order
Old 09-07-2013, 6:44 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I have been selling off my guns because I am getting tired of the sport. You will soon have to sell your revolvers and lever actions because soon they will be the evil ones. Then what are you going to do?
Old 09-07-2013, 6:56 AM
Veteran Member

Old 09-07-2013, 7:03 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VendetAR View Post
If all the laws pass... A whole lot of us will be felons if caught.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch3 View Post
why do you think that the state has to let out all those "felons" out of jail because they are overcrowded. they need the space for gun owners.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 09-07-2013, 7:06 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch3 View Post
FEMA camps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224
I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.
Old 09-07-2013, 7:53 AM

I planned on moving out of CA before I owned guns, now that I have them, and realize what is going on, it makes the move even better.

Again, like I always say, if the laws are passed here- they will be- this will show the rest of the Nation of gun grabbers what is possible.

The politicians may be looking to see if there is a great resistance to these laws. Like in CO, I believe, there was a lot of backlash when the new laws were passed.

Here in the People's Republik we are greatly outnumbered thus, they can essentially do what they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel101 View Post
Again, to all those who say they're going to move or have moved and do nothing but have negative things to say about California...SHUT UP!! I'm here to stay. I will continue to donate to pro-gun organizations and I will continue to fight to the best of my ability. It makes sense to stand your ground here because with the exception of these stupid bills and anti-gun laws, CALIFORNIA will always be better than any other state. ALWAYS!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 8:27 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
In truth, it wouldn't bother me much at all to divest myself of few remaining auto-loaders. I only shoot then about twice a year and that only so I don't forget how they operate. What does bother me is some dickhead legislators telling me I have to get rid of them.
Old 09-07-2013, 8:28 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
Here in the People's Republik we are greatly outnumbered thus, they can essentially do what they want.
Old 09-07-2013, 8:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledReaper View Post
Surprised no one has brought this up that I can find..... the COMMIEFORNIA State Constitution DOES NOT even HAVE a 2nd A IN IT..... I think this is where these tot fooktards are getting their ball sacks all swelled up .. even the 'female' antis.... 'hey its NOT in OUR state's Constitution,so we can screw over fire arm owners all we want'. Since we also have the largest welfare population and illegal population we can bully them to support 'us' if they want the 'social nipple to keep making statemilk and fedmilk....

Like was posted... 100's of 1,000's of us will be crooks, while real crooks get released to start shiiite up again....
it's been brought up by others here before.

CA is a state of the United States, and is subjected to the US Constitution:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorpo...Bill_of_Rights
Old 09-07-2013, 8:53 AM

I was reading a few of the state's glorious leaders wanted to limit and regulate black powder and reloading supplies. Between that, the ammo bills we have, and the new dumb gun laws you might see a "in effect 100% gun ban" soon. It might night ban every gun exactly, but limit availability and use I'm talking about inside 24 months we could lose all rights. They are already trying to count our ammo purchases how long until they say "nobody can have more than 20 rounds of each caliber they have a firearm for and no more than 100 rounds total". They would make stupid arguments like public safety and compare us to the crazy cat lady who had 98 cats in a one bedroom apartment.
Old 09-07-2013, 9:23 AM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogstir View Post
Hate to tell you this but any center fire rifle with a fixed magazine that holds more than ten rounds is also deemed an assault rifle. This would include lever action rifles that use handgun ammo such as 44, 357, 44-40 etc.
That's incorrect. It has to be semiautomatic. Bolt action, lever action, and single-shot rifles are not classified as "assault weapons".

Quote:
(a) Notwithstanding Section 30510, “assault weapon” also means any of the following:

(1) A semiautomatic centerfire rifle that does not have a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept no more than 10 rounds.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...d43487ec8d415c
Old 09-07-2013, 9:26 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woods View Post
They are already trying to count our ammo purchases how long until they say "nobody can have more than 20 rounds of each caliber they have a firearm for and no more than 100 rounds total".
Sorry. I'm "math challenged" and can't count.

Seriously, we can stop these draconian anti-liberty laws in a different way. Via a ballot measure approved by voters, maybe we could get a state constitutional amendment that, ".. all state agencies and their employees must obey all laws that apply to any citizen."

Think about that. Even an uninformed voter would vote YES if the state had to smog check it's vehicles, get cited for speeding, pay income taxes and get searched by the TSA at airports. Here's the kicker - No high cap mags, no auto weapons, no tracers and no detachable magazines for law enforcement. It wouldn't take long for things to return to normal.

Think of it as out flanking the antis.
Old 09-07-2013, 9:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
I would love to have this on a tee shirt.

NRA Member
Old 09-07-2013, 9:36 AM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Seriously, we can stop these draconian anti-liberty laws in a different way. Via a ballot measure approved by voters, maybe we could get a state constitutional amendment that, ".. all state agencies and their employees must obey all laws that apply to any citizen."
If the law specifically exempts law enforcement and other state employees then they are obeying the law that includes the exemptions. Any attempt to pass a constitutional amendment that prevents the Legislature from creating exemptions within laws for government employees would be fought by the well-financed (with your tax dollars) government employee unions. (Yes, government employee unions are financed by tax dollars. They are financed by dues from their government employee members. And where does the money for the dues come from? Their taxpayer-funded salaries).
Old 09-07-2013, 9:41 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp Collector View Post
If the law specifically exempts law enforcement and other state employees then they are obeying the law that includes the exemptions. Any attempt to pass a constitutional amendment that prevents the Legislature from creating exemptions within laws for government employees would be fought by the well-financed (with your tax dollars) government employee unions. (Yes, government employee unions are financed by tax dollars. They are financed by dues from their government employee members. And where does the money for the dues come from? Their taxpayer-funded salaries).
Then add, "Oh, and global military actions are illegal. Iz fo teh chirren." to the end and 98% of Californians would vote for it.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM14 View Post
they already passed a law on this, No 50BMG rubber bands.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:13 AM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 U.S. Code § 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberPatriot View Post
I would love to have this on a tee shirt.

http://www.thoseshirts.com/sec.html

-------
Old 09-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
The difference here is that instead of the Luftwafe bombing us in a stupid show of massive idiocy. The "nazis" have decided to do a joint operation and have landed on the shores of England in the tens of thousands, London has already fallen and there is no longer any central command to issue orders.

Unfortunately Winston Churchill has been executed by the Nazis. That is a better description of the 2A Fight INSIDE of California.

For the rest of the Nation it is still game on. BTW they are already drafting the reloading bans and they will be introduced next year.
...but their exists also in the human heart a depraved taste for equality, which impels the weak to attempt to lower the powerful to their own level, and reduces men to prefer equality in slavery to inequality with freedom.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp Collector View Post
and don't forget a veto from uncle brown, a big public union supporter....
Old 09-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Progressives Suck!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Truly said by the cowardly whining Dove.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Progressives Suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarville View Post
In truth, it wouldn't bother me much at all to divest myself of few remaining auto-loaders. I only shoot then about twice a year and that only so I don't forget how they operate. What does bother me is some dickhead legislators telling me I have to get rid of them.
Another dove who will, in time, have his bolt action rifles taken as well. Tards R Us thinking.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Progressives Suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
I have been selling off my guns because I am getting tired of the sport. You will soon have to sell your revolvers and lever actions because soon they will be the evil ones. Then what are you going to do?
Another one. I bet you are getting tired of the Constitution as well. Gosh, it's just too hard to fight for your rights, is it?

Get off this forum wimp.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Progressives Suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrate View Post
Well all I know is I just ordered another stripped lower this morning. I guess you could call it therapy.
THAT IS THE SPIRIT!
Old 09-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Progressives Suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad40 View Post
Tough times might be on the horizon, but do not give up or give in!!!!
BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaty-btz View Post
The difference here is that instead of the Luftwafe bombing us in a stupid show of massive idiocy. The "nazis" have decided to do a joint operation and have landed on the shores of England in the tens of thousands, London has already fallen and there is no longer any central command to issue orders.

Unfortunately Winston Churchill has been executed by the Nazis. That is a better description of the 2A Fight INSIDE of California.

{snip}
That reminds me of a story my brother told me when he was a Maine in 'Nam. It went something like this; A private was approached by his sergeant on the parade grounds. The sergeant said, "You are surrounded by the enemy! You are the last Marine standing! What do you do?!" The private answered, "Kill them, drill sergeant!"

The point being; Never, never, never give up. In this case, never give up your rights and liberties. Even if the odds don't look very good. I don't propose violence or law breaking. I propose the hand wringing stop.

Do it for Ron.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Progressives Suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel101 View Post
Again, to all those who say they're going to move or have moved and do nothing but have negative things to say about California...SHUT UP!! I'm here to stay. I will continue to donate to pro-gun organizations and I will continue to fight to the best of my ability. It makes sense to stand your ground here because with the exception of these stupid bills and anti-gun laws, CALIFORNIA will always be better than any other state. ALWAYS!!!
This is really confused. Ok, let me get this straight. "Comiefornia will always better than any other state." In what way? Great weather, yes, fantastic coast line and mountains, yes. Taxes, no, regulatory environment, no, relative personal freedom and property rights, no, 2A freedom, no, traffic, no, jobs, no, cost of living, no, low crime rate, no, government solvency, no, K-12 education, no, business environment, NO.

SO what is so great? I was born here in the late 50's and I've seen this State go right in the toilet since the progressives began taking over.

I am staying for now, but I am hedging my bets. Property in other states are beginning to look very attractive and land is relatively cheap.

I continue to fight, and give to the cause. I gave another $250 to the FPC last night. But, I will not be made a criminal by a bunch of thugs in Sacramento, and I will deny them as much as possible. And I will stay until it really hurts. BUT THIS IS NO LONGER A GREAT OR EVEN GOOD STATE TO LIVE IN. So don't try to tell me to stop complaining, or tell me this is a great state. IT IS NOT.