Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 10-10-2017, 3:14 PM

Default Pocket carry of Glock 27 - Perfect setup.

I have been carrying for 10 years. I hate IWB. I hate AIWB. I have tried a dozen or more holsters. For what it is worth, I am fit. 165lbs, 32" waist.

I found the perfect way to pocket carry my Glock 27. The Borai Holster. As you pull the gun out of your pocket, the holster detaches from the gun. The hook catches on your pants.

http://www.boraii.com/store/c4/GLOCK.html

It works perfect in jeans with an untucked shirt. Because of the design, there is no extra bulk. When the Borai holster is used alone, there is some printing because the gun rides at the bottom of your pocket. So, I found a solution. Combine the Borai with a universal pocket clip from Morse Industries.

http://www.morseindustriesusa.com/

The great thing about the clip is it makes the gun no longer print. The weight of the gun is no longer carried by the bottom of your pocket. It is carried by the top of the pocket higher up and covered by your shirt. The clip makes the gun more stable and easy to access. I have a strong Wilderness 5 stitch belt to support the weight.

I used to pocket carry my S&W 642. I tried the Galco Glock pocket holster. It looked like I had a brick in my pocket. The Borai works without the bulk.

To the haters ... Yes. It is pocket carry. I admit pocket carry will never be as fast as IWB. But, I hated IWB and didn't do it. I would rather be killed by terrorists than endure IWB. Fortunately, I can carry a real fighting gun.

This is the best setup I have ever tried. I am not affiliated with either company.

Last edited by Rcjackrabbit; 10-10-2017 at 4:35 PM..
Old 10-10-2017, 3:21 PM

Here are pics

Last edited by Rcjackrabbit; 10-10-2017 at 3:24 PM..
Old 10-10-2017, 3:56 PM

I like it. I may try it. Thanks
dc
Old 10-10-2017, 4:06 PM

No problem. As you can tell, I am pretty excited about it. I have used it for 3 weeks straight. No downsides other than the fact it is pocket carry. The clip is the finishing touch that makes it workable.
Old 10-10-2017, 4:50 PM

Wow, VERY reasonably priced! Haven't carried my G33 in quite some time, may change that.
Old 10-10-2017, 6:14 PM

Thank you, OP, this looks like a holster that I might seriously consider buying. However, the Morse clip at $25 before shipping makes me hesitant to go down that route. Does it really print that badly without the clip?

Last edited by ilaw; 10-10-2017 at 6:16 PM..
Old 10-11-2017, 4:17 AM

The problem with any pocket holster is that the weight of the gun rides at the bottom of the pocket. The bottom of the pocket is most visible by other people. The clip transfers this weight to the top of the pocket that is covered by your shirt.

It is a heavy gun. Without the clip it does print. Personally, I don't care about printing when I am not at work. At work, I don't want people wondering what the heck is in my pocket.
Old 10-11-2017, 9:00 AM

I saw the video on YouTube from the president of the company. It brings up a question about your set up.
Does the clip prevent you from getting a proper grip on the pistol? It seems to me the clip holds the right side of the pistol close to the outside of the pocket, which seems like it makes for a tight space to get your right hand between the pistol and the pocket?
Hard to tell from pics.
Old 10-11-2017, 9:59 AM

The clip does not cause a problem. I can actually get a better grip on it than when it is deep in the pocket.

But, it is still pocket carry. Pocket carry is slower than IWB.

But, I don't IWB because I don't feel like being uncomfortable every single hour of the day. There is a reason why there are SO MANY IWB holsters out there ... IWB sucks from a comfort standpoint.

So, now have a way to carry a real fighting gun. Not perfect. But, I actually do it.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:45 AM
Veteran Member

The Universal Clip says it uses an adhesive to attach to the gun.

What is the nature of that adhesive....how strong is it....does it come off, either on purpose or not on purpose....liquid, gel, 3M tape or what?
Old 10-11-2017, 11:39 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I agree this is a great way to Pocket carry.

I have the same for my Ruger LC9S PRO. Hardly know it's there.

You've convinced me to go ahead and get the Glock 26/27. I have both.

Thanks

Bob

Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).
Old 10-11-2017, 1:44 PM

Oceanbob, that Ruger with the Borai looks like a nice setup. 9mm. Small. Looks perfect. If I didn't already have my G27, I would definitely consider that.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:48 PM

Cool setup. Thanks for sharing it!
Old 11-14-2017, 3:08 PM

Just an update. It has been a month. I still love this holster. I got rid of the clip. I didn't like the feel of the clip on the slide when manipulating the gun. I use the Borai holster with my G27 every single day.

This holster has been the single best gun accessory I have purchased in 30 years. Hands down, no contest.

Last edited by Rcjackrabbit; 11-14-2017 at 3:10 PM..