Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3561  
Old 07-11-2018, 11:58 PM
Syntax Error's Avatar
Syntax Error Syntax Error is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West LA
Posts: 3,102
iTrader: 61 / 100%
Default

I figured it was a kind of nothingburger. Even the CRPA really couldn't hype it past the whole "we made the DOJ withdraw some regs!" spin.
Reply With Quote
  #3562  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:17 AM
cockedandglocked's Avatar
cockedandglocked cockedandglocked is offline
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Near Excremento
Posts: 14,953
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
I figured it was a kind of nothingburger. Even the CRPA really couldn't hype it past the whole "we made the DOJ withdraw some regs!" spin.
Giving DOJ a headache is always a win, but ya it doesn't really change anything as things stand currently.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3563  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:00 PM
inferno999's Avatar
inferno999 inferno999 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 558
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
It's just this simple paragraph:



"Chapter 39 Assault Weapons and Large-Capacity Magazines

Article 1. General

5460 Application of Definitions

The definitions of terms in section 5471 of this chapter shall apiv to the identification of assault weapons pursuant to Penal Code section 30515.

Note: Authority cited: Sections 30515.34900 Penal Code Reference• Sections 34515 30904

Penal Code."

I (optimistically) see the withdrawal of 5460 to mean the definitions in 5471 only apply to registrations, and the old definitions of an AW as per 30515 are hereafter in effect. Since 30515 has no requirement to keep a bullet button, their regulation demanding such is still “underground”.
Reply With Quote
  #3564  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:08 PM
jok5tr jok5tr is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 57
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbully View Post
I'm not sure what to make of this... got my letter in the mail today, but the Tavor SAR and Galil Ace SAR rifles that I submitted with manufacturer IWI both have manufacturer as IMI on the letter. Anyone else get the same thing when submitting as Isreali Weapons Ind.?
Yeah I had the same thing happen as well. I went back and checked my submission and confirmed I had selected Israeli Weapons Industry as the manufacturer. I'm not sure why they replaced it with IMI. Anyone know if they are doing this for all IWI items? Did anyone get IWI (and not IMI) on their approval letters?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3565  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:16 PM
cockedandglocked's Avatar
cockedandglocked cockedandglocked is offline
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Near Excremento
Posts: 14,953
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

In case anyone missed it, CGF (et al) filed suit against DOJ a few days ago, regarding the website failures during the final week of the registration window. The suit seeks injunctive relief by giving those who missed the deadline a second chance to register.

I wouldn't hold my breath on a successful (or timely) outcome from this suit, but it's worth knowing about at any rate.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3566  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:44 PM
shaocaholica shaocaholica is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 754
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
In case anyone missed it, CGF (et al) filed suit against DOJ a few days ago, regarding the website failures during the final week of the registration window. The suit seeks injunctive relief by giving those who missed the deadline a second chance to register.

I wouldn't hold my breath on a successful (or timely) outcome from this suit, but it's worth knowing about at any rate.
How many people is that really though? I get they are doing the suit for the sake of doing it but realistically the cross section of people who wanted to register but couldn't and those who will follow this suit is like maybe 10.
Reply With Quote
  #3567  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:50 PM
cockedandglocked's Avatar
cockedandglocked cockedandglocked is offline
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Near Excremento
Posts: 14,953
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaocaholica View Post
How many people is that really though? I get they are doing the suit for the sake of doing it but realistically the cross section of people who wanted to register but couldn't and those who will follow this suit is like maybe 10.
There's also the "wait, so you're telling me I was supposed to register this thing 2 weeks ago? I thought it got registered when I bought it!" crowd, that would get a second chance. But ya, I can't imagine there's more than a couple hundred people this suit applies to.

I wish them success nonetheless. A win in court is never a bad thing.
__________________



Last edited by cockedandglocked; 07-12-2018 at 12:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3568  
Old 07-12-2018, 1:30 PM
simonp's Avatar
simonp simonp is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Peninsula, SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,469
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaocaholica View Post
How many people is that really though? I get they are doing the suit for the sake of doing it but realistically the cross section of people who wanted to register but couldn't and those who will follow this suit is like maybe 10.
I dont know, judging from the posts on this thread alone prior to the deadline I suspect its higher than 10
__________________
"If you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"
Reply With Quote
  #3569  
Old 07-12-2018, 3:45 PM
shaocaholica shaocaholica is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 754
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

So concerning joint registration. Can you add a new joint registrant to an existing registered gun say if you re-marry? Spouse dies? Were never married to begin with? Isn't it to facilitate your spouse getting rid of them anyway in the event of your passing instead of rando people finding them in your ghost house.
Reply With Quote
  #3570  
Old 07-12-2018, 4:13 PM
cockedandglocked's Avatar
cockedandglocked cockedandglocked is offline
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Near Excremento
Posts: 14,953
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaocaholica View Post
So concerning joint registration. Can you add a new joint registrant to an existing registered gun say if you re-marry? Spouse dies? Were never married to begin with? Isn't it to facilitate your spouse getting rid of them anyway in the event of your passing instead of rando people finding them in your ghost house.
Nope. When the online-only form was taken offline on 7/1, there is now no way to add anyone as a joint registrant ever again, unless someday we get a pro-2a legislature and AG who decide to start allowing it. Might have to wait a while for that

After our registrations are finalized and the letter arrives in the mail, you can not modify your AW registration information ever again - with the sole exception of voluntary de-registration.
__________________



Last edited by cockedandglocked; 07-12-2018 at 4:16 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3571  
Old 07-12-2018, 4:18 PM
SmokeTheClay SmokeTheClay is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 245
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Finally was contacted by the DOJ and I was emailed:

Thank you for submitting your application. Based on the photos provided, the caliber of your firearm is 5.56MM. Please correct your application to reflect 5.56MM as your caliber. Refer to California Code of Regulations, title 11, section 5474(b) for more information: https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/a...let-button.pdf

The lower does say: “CAL 5.56” but I can still use different uppers. Am I stuck?
Reply With Quote
  #3572  
Old 07-12-2018, 4:35 PM
kagami kagami is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Irvine
Posts: 122
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeTheClay View Post
Finally was contacted by the DOJ and I was emailed:

Thank you for submitting your application. Based on the photos provided, the caliber of your firearm is 5.56MM. Please correct your application to reflect 5.56MM as your caliber. Refer to California Code of Regulations, title 11, section 5474(b) for more information: https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/a...let-button.pdf

The lower does say: “CAL 5.56” but I can still use different uppers. Am I stuck?
I believed Cocked's guide stated it's best to go along with what the lower/barrel stamping says but in the comments be sure to note that the gun can accept interchangeable barrels/calibers.
Reply With Quote
  #3573  
Old 07-12-2018, 4:35 PM
Exiledviking's Avatar
Exiledviking Exiledviking is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lompoc, CA
Posts: 1,220
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

"Caliber: .... If the receiver has a specific caliber marking, then select that caliber from the list. If you enter a specific caliber, note in the comments section that "Barrels are interchangeable with other calibers"."
__________________
"Most people understand that guns deter criminals. If a killer were stalking your family, would you feel safer putting a sign out front announcing, "This Home Is a Gun-Free Zone"? But that is what the Westroads Mall did" (in Omaha, Neb).
- John Lott -
Reply With Quote
  #3574  
Old 07-12-2018, 4:43 PM
cruisin cruisin is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 21
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I WAS headed to the range tomorrow UNTIL I called the DOJ compliance line this morning.

They told me I can't do anything until I receive an email or a letter in the mail....good thing I called first.
Reply With Quote
  #3575  
Old 07-12-2018, 4:54 PM
cockedandglocked's Avatar
cockedandglocked cockedandglocked is offline
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Near Excremento
Posts: 14,953
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
I WAS headed to the range tomorrow UNTIL I called the DOJ compliance line this morning.

They told me I can't do anything until I receive an email or a letter in the mail....good thing I called first.
Interesting...

We pretty much assumed that, but this is the first I've heard of DOJ confirming it to someone.

It would also be interesting to hear their opinion on how we're supposed to store our guns while we wait for the letters.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3576  
Old 07-12-2018, 5:08 PM
cruisin cruisin is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 21
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
Interesting...

We pretty much assumed that, but this is the first I've heard of DOJ confirming it to someone.

It would also be interesting to hear their opinion on how we're supposed to store our guns while we wait for the letters.
I was going to ask, but she was a total @$$H0LE..."Sir, I can't tell you what to do with your firearm..."
Reply With Quote
  #3577  
Old 07-12-2018, 6:55 PM
jcnyct jcnyct is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 39
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
I was going to ask, but she was a total @$$H0LE..."Sir, I can't tell you what to do with your firearm..."
I'm not surprised about the attitude they gave you.. it's a shame. The couple of times I've called it's been the same cold shoulder response... in their minds, they really feel they're talking to criminals on the other side. The simple idea of owning a legally acquired firearm just doesn't click in their mind.

it's a shame... that's California for you .. sad
Reply With Quote
  #3578  
Old 07-12-2018, 8:02 PM
bootstrap bootstrap is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 953
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

It's more than sad, it's disturbingly sick. Your BB equipped rifles that were legal for years and up to a couple weeks ago now carry heavier criminal penalties than someone who knowingly infects someone with AIDS.
Reply With Quote
  #3579  
Old 07-12-2018, 11:16 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,248
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootstrap View Post
It's more than sad, it's disturbingly sick. Your BB equipped rifles that were legal for years and up to a couple weeks ago now carry heavier criminal penalties than someone who knowingly infects someone with AIDS.
I don't think there are any criminal penalties for knowingly infecting someone with aids, lol.

As far as DOJ phone calls are concerned, I would take anything and everything they say with a grain of salt. Here are some of the gems DOJ told me in my many phone calls to their people:

1) You need to put all accessories you are going to use with your weapon into the picture and list the uppers in the comments

2) If you remove a scope from a registered rifle it could be confiscated

3) You can remove and replace the upper or caliber after the registration if it's listed in the comments

4) You can never change the caliber of a registered firearm

5) It's going to take about 17 days to process your application


None of those things turned out to be true.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Reply With Quote
  #3580  
Old 07-13-2018, 7:31 AM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,913
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
I don't think there are any criminal penalties for knowingly infecting someone with aids, lol.
Not entirely sure why you’re laughing about this, but it does happen, and it used to be a felony. https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/07/healt...ned/index.html
__________________
"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool."
"The things that come to those who wait may well be the things left by those who got there first."
Reply With Quote
  #3581  
Old 07-13-2018, 7:39 AM
Gun Kraft's Avatar
Gun Kraft Gun Kraft is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 290
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
I don't think there are any criminal penalties for knowingly infecting someone with aids, lol.
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...5.&lawCode=PEN

We used to have H&S 120291 (intentional transmission of AIDS) which was a felony, but that was later repealed. H&S 120290 is still on the books, but that's a misdemeanor.
__________________
SF Bay Area firearm training
www.gunkraft.com
Reply With Quote
  #3582  
Old 07-13-2018, 8:33 AM
Dirk Tungsten's Avatar
Dirk Tungsten Dirk Tungsten is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: the basement
Posts: 1,122
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnyct View Post
I'm not surprised about the attitude they gave you.. it's a shame. The couple of times I've called it's been the same cold shoulder response... in their minds, they really feel they're talking to criminals on the other side. The simple idea of owning a legally acquired firearm just doesn't click in their mind.

it's a shame... that's California for you .. sad
Playing devil's advocate here, but I'm sure DOJ is getting all sorts of wild-assed "WHAT IF" questions from callers all day and frankly, it grates on a person. It's not so much that they think you're a criminal, it's just that dealing with the public grates on a person.

Look at how many simple to answer questions get asked in the legal forums here. Lots of them are very basic and would be answered with 5 minutes of research, but people don't wanna do that for themselves, they want someone else to answer it for them.
Reply With Quote
  #3583  
Old 07-13-2018, 1:54 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,248
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Not entirely sure why you’re laughing about this, but it does happen, and it used to be a felony. https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/07/healt...ned/index.html
I'm laughing to prevent crying? An SF supervisor got this nonsense passed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Reply With Quote
  #3584  
Old 07-13-2018, 2:51 PM
Junkie's Avatar
Junkie Junkie is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 4,832
iTrader: 22 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Kraft View Post
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...5.&lawCode=PEN

We used to have H&S 120291 (intentional transmission of AIDS) which was a felony, but that was later repealed. H&S 120290 is still on the books, but that's a misdemeanor.
Misdemeanors require the officer to have witnessed it, right? Or a private person's arrest.

That makes prosecutions much less likely.
__________________
I will never buy another Spikes Tactical item, as I have a 5.45 marked barrel from them with a 5.56 bore that keyholed at 25 yards, and they wouldn't replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
A real live woman is more expensive than a fleshlight. Which would you rather have?
Reply With Quote
  #3585  
Old 07-13-2018, 4:28 PM
Mendo223's Avatar
Mendo223 Mendo223 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,263
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

well i submitted over the last week of june and still have not heard anything back from them.

if i didnt mark "forward grip" on any of my builds (i stripped them down to most basic config) does that mean i can never add a forward grip again? i took all the pics showing bare rifles with no FG and no magazines etc.
Reply With Quote
  #3586  
Old 07-13-2018, 4:29 PM
Mendo223's Avatar
Mendo223 Mendo223 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,263
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

pretty lame to hear i cant even go sport shooting with my rifles until i get the letter. does this mean i cant even use it for home defense?

thanks california! now lil sleepy the surenos can invade my property with his illegal AK and 30round stick and all i can use are my handguns.
Reply With Quote
  #3587  
Old 07-13-2018, 4:41 PM
cockedandglocked's Avatar
cockedandglocked cockedandglocked is offline
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Near Excremento
Posts: 14,953
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo223 View Post
well i submitted over the last week of june and still have not heard anything back from them.

if i didnt mark "forward grip" on any of my builds (i stripped them down to most basic config) does that mean i can never add a forward grip again? i took all the pics showing bare rifles with no FG and no magazines etc.
There are tons of people who submitted in March/April who haven't heard anything yet. If you only just submitted yours 2 weeks ago then I wouldn't start losing sleep over it yet.

Yes, you can add or remove AW "features" all you'd like. At this point, you only can't change out the bullet button for a regular mag release. Everything else is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo223 View Post
pretty lame to hear i cant even go sport shooting with my rifles until i get the letter. does this mean i cant even use it for home defense?
Well, you *can* have your pending rifles available for home defense if you'd like to, but be aware that you might face serious legal hurdles if you end up using it. Maybe it's worth the risk to you, maybe it isn't.

I've removed all my pending rifles from the state of CA while I wait for my letter to arrive. The shotgun and pistols have taken over home defense duty for the time being.

Ya, it sucks. But it's the safest option.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3588  
Old 07-13-2018, 5:12 PM
opass opass is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 145
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jok5tr View Post
Yeah I had the same thing happen as well. I went back and checked my submission and confirmed I had selected Israeli Weapons Industry as the manufacturer. I'm not sure why they replaced it with IMI. Anyone know if they are doing this for all IWI items? Did anyone get IWI (and not IMI) on their approval letters?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Got my letter today. My Tavor also change to IMI as well.
Reply With Quote
  #3589  
Old 07-13-2018, 5:27 PM
opass opass is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 145
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

The following is my paperwork time line:

My application submitted on May 3rd, 2018
Wife application submitted on May 7th, 2018
Joint Registration submitted May 8th, 2018
Both of us kicked back on June 14, 2018
Email submission confirmation notice on June 14 (2 hours later)
Email Joint Submission Confirmation notice (wife) July 6th
Email Joint Submission Confirmation Notice (mine) July 11th.
Received Letter (wife) on July 10
Received letter (mine) on July 13

Waiting for Letter for Joint Registration.....May be another 3-4 weeks base on our previous individual paper work time line

Last edited by opass; 07-13-2018 at 5:51 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3590  
Old 07-13-2018, 6:03 PM
aBrowningfan aBrowningfan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 846
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Any recent Saturday emails from DoJ? I am curious whether they are still putting in time on Saturdays (related to O/T question earlier).
Reply With Quote
  #3591  
Old 07-13-2018, 7:37 PM
astro.dude astro.dude is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 43
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

What if a small magnet got attracted to my bullet button. I did not modify nuthin, nor removed the said BB.
Reply With Quote
  #3592  
Old 07-13-2018, 8:35 PM
yukondave yukondave is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Anyone else register a BB AW and the status in CFARS History shows under status as "In Progress" even though an approval letter was received?
Reply With Quote
  #3593  
Old 07-13-2018, 8:43 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,248
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukondave View Post
Anyone else register a BB AW and the status in CFARS History shows under status as "In Progress" even though an approval letter was received?
Yes it's still "in progress" even though letter is in hand and it's all done with. Another beautiful feature of the smooth and easy system they spent millions to produce.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Reply With Quote
  #3594  
Old 07-13-2018, 8:51 PM
shaocaholica shaocaholica is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 754
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukondave View Post
Anyone else register a BB AW and the status in CFARS History shows under status as "In Progress" even though an approval letter was received?
Everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #3595  
Old 07-13-2018, 9:22 PM
Gun Kraft's Avatar
Gun Kraft Gun Kraft is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 290
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Misdemeanors require the officer to have witnessed it, right? Or a private person's arrest.

That makes prosecutions much less likely.
Correct but irrelevant to the original point, which was Discogodfather's mistaken belief that knowingly infecting someone with AIDS was not a crime. At one point there were three different codes under which it was a crime. Currently there are two. Having said that, there are a lot of codes so I wouldn't judge anyone too harshly for not knowing all of them.
__________________
SF Bay Area firearm training
www.gunkraft.com
Reply With Quote
  #3596  
Old 07-13-2018, 9:45 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,248
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Kraft View Post
Correct but irrelevant to the original point, which was Discogodfather's mistaken belief that knowingly infecting someone with AIDS was not a crime. At one point there were three different codes under which it was a crime. Currently there are two. Having said that, there are a lot of codes so I wouldn't judge anyone too harshly for not knowing all of them.
No, I was being sarcastic. I knew it was a crime and it should be a crime and I am shocked it's not a crime now. I knew Scott Weiner was behind that legislation.

I am shocked it's a crime to own a standard rifle in CA. Or maybe I am not shocked at all.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Reply With Quote
  #3597  
Old 07-14-2018, 10:48 AM
realbadlarry realbadlarry is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 173
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

This is a new one...My wife just found out her birth certificate is different that she has spelled her name her entire life...Katherine vs her spelling Kathrine with no e in the middle....Her current license and everything else has the e less spelling and that is how I attempted to joint register her.

Will they force us to drop her as a joint registrant or allow us to modify her name on the CFARS account?
Reply With Quote
  #3598  
Old 07-14-2018, 10:51 AM
lordmorgul lordmorgul is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 586
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default AW Registration Guide **Registration CLOSED, ask in here about any pending apps**

Quote:
Originally Posted by realbadlarry View Post
This is a new one...My wife just found out her birth certificate is different that she has spelled her name her entire life...Katherine vs her spelling Kathrine with no e in the middle....Her current license and everything else has the e less spelling and that is how I attempted to joint register her.



Will they force us to drop her as a joint registrant or allow us to modify her name on the CFARS account?

Her current issued ID will probably be what they reference. If they do kickback, provide the ID and birth certificate. Spelling is often mistaken on documents, I don’t see that being a major issue.

Edit: actually I would also check spelling of her social security card... at least to know ahead of time if it varies.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
NRA Life Member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / CRPA / FPC / USCCA member
Reply With Quote
  #3599  
Old 07-14-2018, 10:55 AM
shaocaholica shaocaholica is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 754
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Just got an incomplete email. Looks like they're still working Saturdays.


edit: Sigh. Everything looks correct on the one they think has the wrong features checked. Flash hider already present. Stock is a magpul fixed carbine. I think they are just mistakingly identifying the stock as telescoping. I'm going to just check the box for telescoping stock instead of trying to explain why its not a folding stock.

Last edited by shaocaholica; 07-14-2018 at 11:02 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #3600  
Old 07-14-2018, 11:04 AM
PG308's Avatar
PG308 PG308 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 19
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Should I be worried I never got an email confirmation email after I resubmitted? Alot of people including myself after a re submission get an email fairly quickly.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:37 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.