Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #521  
Old 11-28-2011, 3:51 PM
Turner's Outdoorsman's Avatar
Turner's Outdoorsman Turner's Outdoorsman is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,675
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragornElessar86 View Post
I read recently that Kel-Tec is expecting to ship KSGs over the Christmas holiday. Any input on that?
We know that they have a "non-manufacturing" issue that was holding them up. We haven't been given any updates but perhaps they've resolved that issue.

We'll call a few folks and see if there is anything new going on.
__________________


22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 11-28-2011, 4:52 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 30,849
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Non-manufacturing?

I wonder if that has something to do with the DOJ (California or one of the other states with capacity limitations) balking at the multiple magazines being considered "one feeding device"?
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 11-29-2011, 2:59 AM
socalpistolero socalpistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,102
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

I have been a customer of Turners for a while now, when living in Los Angeles I would visit the Norwalk and Pasadena stores. When I moved to Norwalk forget about it, now that I moved to the Antelope Valley it has been hard to find a modern, well stocked clean store like Turners. I think a store in the A.V. would be great. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 11-29-2011, 5:03 AM
bonzaiii bonzaiii is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Simi Valley
Posts: 231
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalpistolero View Post
I have been a customer of Turners for a while now, when living in Los Angeles I would visit the Norwalk and Pasadena stores. When I moved to Norwalk forget about it, now that I moved to the Antelope Valley it has been hard to find a modern, well stocked clean store like Turners. I think a store in the A.V. would be great. Thanks.
Sorry, but you can visit the one they build in Ventura county. Please Turners, don't make us go to the valley any longer!!!
__________________
.._...|..\__________________,_
....../ `---___________---- _____|]
...../_==o;;;;;;;;__ __________.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ),
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are!
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 11-29-2011, 6:33 AM
Turner's Outdoorsman's Avatar
Turner's Outdoorsman Turner's Outdoorsman is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,675
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Non-manufacturing?

I wonder if that has something to do with the DOJ (California or one of the other states with capacity limitations) balking at the multiple magazines being considered "one feeding device"?
Rumor- and we're treating it as one without hearing something directly from Keltec- is that there was some patent contention with regards to some element of function or design.

Nothing we've heard as being the reason for this long delay has anything to do (at least at this point) with CA DOJ.
__________________


22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Reply With Quote
  #526  
Old 11-29-2011, 8:59 AM
Uxi's Avatar
Uxi Uxi is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,137
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Yeah a difficulty from Ca DoJ would mean they would ship everywhere but Ca until they could gimp it for our market, kinda like they did with the RFB
__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

9mm + 5.56mm =
.45ACP + 7.62 NATO =
10mm + 6.8 SPC =


Et Verbum caro factum est et habitavit in nobis; Jn 1:14
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 11-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Mac7504's Avatar
Mac7504 Mac7504 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Downey, CA
Posts: 750
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

tl;dr...Please don't let it be a DOJ issue. sigh
__________________
http://www.superchevy.com/features/c...s/viewall.html

Before mods, and other goodies...
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 11-29-2011, 11:19 AM
LAWABIDINGCITIZEN's Avatar
LAWABIDINGCITIZEN LAWABIDINGCITIZEN is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Second Amendment Sanctuary City
Posts: 881
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Any word on when the Daniel Defense Rifles will be in?

I have a deposit down on SKU# 114086.

thanks,
Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old 11-29-2011, 1:49 PM
Turner's Outdoorsman's Avatar
Turner's Outdoorsman Turner's Outdoorsman is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,675
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWABIDINGCITIZEN View Post
Any word on when the Daniel Defense Rifles will be in?

I have a deposit down on SKU# 114086.

thanks,
Daniel Defense will be giving us an update and/or backorder (hopefully not) report.

PM on the way.
__________________


22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old 11-29-2011, 2:41 PM
bonzaiii bonzaiii is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Simi Valley
Posts: 231
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default Price match

I know that you will price match but I'm going to trow in a twist. You have a gun in your holiday flyer that I am going to be purchasing this weekend. I just saw the same gun for the same price at another shop in Orange County but they are offering a box of ammo or an extra clip with theirs. Will you be able to match that also? To be honest your more local so for the difference I am going to give you my business on this anyway but just thought I'd throw it out there.
__________________
.._...|..\__________________,_
....../ `---___________---- _____|]
...../_==o;;;;;;;;__ __________.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ),
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are!
Reply With Quote
  #531  
Old 11-29-2011, 2:44 PM
Turner's Outdoorsman's Avatar
Turner's Outdoorsman Turner's Outdoorsman is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,675
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaiii View Post
I know that you will price match but I'm going to trow in a twist. You have a gun in your holiday flyer that I am going to be purchasing this weekend. I just saw the same gun for the same price at another shop in Orange County but they are offering a box of ammo or an extra clip with theirs. Will you be able to match that also? To be honest your more local so for the difference I am going to give you my business on this anyway but just thought I'd throw it out there.
PM us with the details and we'll take a look and let you know.
__________________


22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 11-29-2011, 3:05 PM
pr3d4t0r pr3d4t0r is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Consignment gun question

2 questions:

1. How is "used" and "consignment" different...is used one's that Turners bought to re-sell?

2. Are their any plans to allow branch transfer,...I'd like to buy a gun from Reseda and pick it up in San Marcos...but don't wanna drive 2 hours
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 11-29-2011, 3:30 PM
Pissedashell Pissedashell is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: L.A. area
Posts: 71
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr3d4t0r View Post
2. Are their any plans to allow branch transfer,...I'd like to buy a gun from Reseda and pick it up in San Marcos...but don't wanna drive 2 hours
I am very curious to know if there is, or ever might be some thing like this as well!
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 11-29-2011, 3:48 PM
Turner's Outdoorsman's Avatar
Turner's Outdoorsman Turner's Outdoorsman is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,675
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr3d4t0r View Post
2 questions:

1. How is "used" and "consignment" different...is used one's that Turners bought to re-sell?

2. Are their any plans to allow branch transfer,...I'd like to buy a gun from Reseda and pick it up in San Marcos...but don't wanna drive 2 hours
Used guns are those that we have bought outright from private parties to resell.

Used guns can be transferred amongst stores only after they've been in a store for 30 days. (CA 30-day pawn hold)

Consignment guns are those that we resell on behalf of our customers. When those guns sell, we pay the seller the purchase price less our consignment fee.

Consignment guns have to be held for the same 30-day period but the bigger obstacle to inter-store transfer is that not all consignee's are comfortable having their gun being sent from store to store until a buyer is found. Similarly, buyers are understandably reluctant to commit to a gun they've never seen in the flesh to make sure that the gun is everything they've been told it is. When it doesn't match up, then the gun ends up on the truck again- more handling equals more risk of a mishap, more cost in selling the gun, etc.

We've changed this up a few times and in the end, we've found it all works better for everyone in the long run when consignments are kept in the stores they were originally consigned in.
__________________


22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 11-29-2011, 4:51 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 30,849
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
Yeah a difficulty from Ca DoJ would mean they would ship everywhere but Ca until they could gimp it for our market, kinda like they did with the RFB
That's why I said "California or other"

California is not the only state with magazine capacity restrictions.
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 11-30-2011, 3:27 PM
ctseng15 ctseng15 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 222
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner's Outdoorsman View Post
PM us with the details and we'll take a look and let you know.
Would also like to know if you can do a deal match as well on the GSG 1911 .22 Auto. I pm'd you the ad link just in case you did not receive it.

Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 12-01-2011, 3:32 PM
stormy_clothing stormy_clothing is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: before taxes
Posts: 2,827
iTrader: 49 / 100%
Default

forget new people you guys need to get current people on the ball - out of rifle ammo, guns not in stock that are advertised, ar15 pistols with forward pistol grips on display angry managers. A full magpul section with no slings. Ptr rifles with no rail sections for sale. Its like endless the things that could improve around your rancho locations alone, no holsters for the glock 17 - do you actually use computers for inventory or just post it notes ?

When I go into the turners next to your corporate offices for christ sake it should be like my firearms wet dream considering thats where all of your customers are located when I go in.
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 12-01-2011, 4:16 PM
Turner's Outdoorsman's Avatar
Turner's Outdoorsman Turner's Outdoorsman is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,675
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy_clothing View Post
forget new people you guys need to get current people on the ball - out of rifle ammo, guns not in stock that are advertised, ar15 pistols with forward pistol grips on display angry managers. A full magpul section with no slings. Ptr rifles with no rail sections for sale. Its like endless the things that could improve around your rancho locations alone, no holsters for the glock 17 - do you actually use computers for inventory or just post it notes ?

When I go into the turners next to your corporate offices for christ sake it should be like my firearms wet dream considering thats where all of your customers are located when I go in.
Which rifle ammo are you looking for? Let us know what you're looking for.

We've had a huge few weeks of sales on guns and accessories, so we are thin coming out of our biggest Black Friday weekend ever. Which ad gun were you ready to buy?

Let us know and we can update you as to where we are on our next shipments. There are more than a few guns where we have completely sold out for a bit but we will continue to take deposits as we have all of those guns on constant order and re-order.

BTW AR-15 pistols with vertical grips are NOT AOW's when they are at least 26" long. The Franklin Armory pistol you've seen is 26" overall.
__________________


22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!

Last edited by Turner's Outdoorsman; 12-01-2011 at 6:52 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 12-01-2011, 5:27 PM
LBDamned's Avatar
LBDamned LBDamned is offline
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!
Posts: 11,044
iTrader: 51 / 100%
Default

Is there a CalGuns special this week?... contrary to the Wed Off the Hook Specials - the CGN Friday specials are always in stock... and I look forward to them.
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old 12-01-2011, 5:37 PM
Distro Distro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 812
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
Is there a CalGuns special this week?... contrary to the Wed Off the Hook Specials - the CGN Friday specials are always in stock... and I look forward to them.
Hope they don't mind if I post it in this thread. Adjusted the URL for 12-02 and this is what I got.

Last edited by Turner's Outdoorsman; 12-01-2011 at 6:49 PM.. Reason: Redirecting post to CGN Member's Thread
Reply With Quote
  #541  
Old 12-01-2011, 6:46 PM
Turner's Outdoorsman's Avatar
Turner's Outdoorsman Turner's Outdoorsman is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,675
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
Is there a CalGuns special this week?...
Yep, we just posted it here.

Quote:
.... contrary to the Wed Off the Hook Specials - the CGN Friday specials are always in stock... and I look forward to them.
Funny you should say that ...the DPMS rifles arrived without rear sights (arrghhh) so we are pushing them out next week... but we are extending all items in this week's special for
__________________


22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Reply With Quote
  #542  
Old 12-01-2011, 7:07 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 30,849
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

How about straightening out your "trainers" at Chino Hills on the laws of transporting firearms in California.

The ammo does NOT have to be locked up separately from the gun.
The gun does NOT have to be locked in the trunk with the ammo in the glove box.
The child-safe lock does NOT have to be installed on the gun for transport (that lock serves no legal purpose once the customer walks out your door.)
The handgun MUST be transported in a secure locked container, which CAN be the trunk. The child-safe lock alone with the gun in an unlocked case (including the factory furnished case) does NOT meet the requirements of 12026.1 or 12026.2.

And finally, magazines MAY be transported loaded, provided they are not inserted into the gun.

I've bought 4 handguns and my wife has bought 2 over the last 3 years at Chino Hills (most recently June of this year) and we've heard the above every time... with the exception of the child-safe lock being "enough"... only heard that once 2 years ago... but every time we get the lecture about locking the gun in the trunk and the ammo separately (we both drive SUVs, no trunk).

The law does not require the "lecture"... and I understand it's simply a CYA thing for Turner's. The law requires only that the safe handling demonstration be demonstrated by the clerk, and repeated by the customer.

I love buying guns from you guys because of the price and selection.
I really dread "pickup day" because of the lecture adding 10 minutes onto what should be a 3 minute process, as well as the back and forth with the employee and manager having to check and double check everything.
If a sale and a pickup need a manager's okay, just have them process it while the employee "feeds" them more customers, rather than keep multiple customers waiting while two employees are occupied with one customer.
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #543  
Old 12-01-2011, 7:17 PM
badhabit90's Avatar
badhabit90 badhabit90 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 575
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Question

Best Price shipped for a CMMG dedicated .22 upper M4 style. shipped to 93436 please!!! thank you
Reply With Quote
  #544  
Old 12-01-2011, 7:26 PM
Turner's Outdoorsman's Avatar
Turner's Outdoorsman Turner's Outdoorsman is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,675
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
How about straightening out your "trainers" at Chino Hills on the laws of transporting firearms in California.

The ammo does NOT have to be locked up separately from the gun.
The gun does NOT have to be locked in the trunk with the ammo in the glove box.
The child-safe lock does NOT have to be installed on the gun for transport (that lock serves no legal purpose once the customer walks out your door.)
The handgun MUST be transported in a secure locked container, which CAN be the trunk. The child-safe lock alone with the gun in an unlocked case (including the factory furnished case) does NOT meet the requirements of 12026.1 or 12026.2.

And finally, magazines MAY be transported loaded, provided they are not inserted into the gun.
We thoroughly agree; since we came on board CGN in July we've heard this complaint a few times. We've addressed this and will continue to do so. As you know by perusing this board, hanging out at the range, etc. FUD runs both ways, but you shouldn't hear it from the folks behind the counter who should know better.

Quote:
The law does not require the "lecture"... and I understand it's simply a CYA thing for Turner's.
Again, we agree but frankly it's not really CYA, it's just unnecessary.

Quote:
...because of the lecture adding 10 minutes onto what should be a 3 minute process, as well as the back and forth with the employee and manager having to check and double check everything...
Now this is CYA... given our annual volume, we'll double check ATF, DOJ, and where it's mandated, local paperwork each time. In the 40 years we've been in business we can count those dealers who have been selling guns (especially handguns) during that same 40 years on one hand, maybe two. Yet, we've lost track of the folks who've surrendered their licenses to ATF, DOJ or LAPD a long time ago...

Quote:
If a sale and a pickup need a manager's okay, just have them process it while the employee "feeds" them more customers, rather than keep multiple customers waiting while two employees are occupied with one customer.
In principal you're right; in practice we can always improve our processes and get folks to multitask better rather than get caught up in tunnel vision.

As always, we appreciate your straightforward feedback.
__________________


22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!

Last edited by Turner's Outdoorsman; 12-01-2011 at 7:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #545  
Old 12-01-2011, 8:13 PM
Clownpuncher's Avatar
Clownpuncher Clownpuncher is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mexifornia IE
Posts: 1,178
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner's Outdoorsman View Post

In principal you're right; in practice we can always improve our processes and get folks to multitask better rather than get caught up in tunnel vision.
Lean Six Sigma.... Works like a champ.

Whip those boys into shape
Reply With Quote
  #546  
Old 12-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Ed_Hazard's Avatar
Ed_Hazard Ed_Hazard is offline
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: LosAngele/310
Posts: 5,176
iTrader: 160 / 100%
Default

Any movement or word on participating in GSSF program?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic Boy
And I bet Jobs surfs porn. If he doesn't, I'll eat a live baby on stage at the next Apple event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX22
Don't F with those guys... they can probably use their teabag to inflict blunt force trauma.


Reply With Quote
  #547  
Old 12-05-2011, 8:42 PM
CA Esq.'s Avatar
CA Esq. CA Esq. is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 206
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default Sig Sauer SP 2022 9mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner's Outdoorsman View Post

We've had a huge few weeks of sales on guns and accessories, so we are thin coming out of our biggest Black Friday weekend ever. Which ad gun were you ready to buy?

Let us know and we can update you as to where we are on our next shipments. There are more than a few guns where we have completely sold out for a bit but we will continue to take deposits as we have all of those guns on constant order and re-order.
As you may be able to tell I am a new member of Calguns.net and quite frankly new to this wonderful hobby.

On November 27, I visited the Corona Turner's location and had a very good experience with the salesperson who helped me. This was my 2nd handgun purchase overall (my first being a Bersa Thunder .380 from Faith Armory in Temecula in September 2011) and I ended up going with the Sig Sauer SP 2022 chambered in 9mm. I got a great deal on this item as it also comes with a Sig laser free of charge! Nice touch...

Anyway, the salesperson indicated to me that the Corona store was out of stock on that particular model but that I could put a deposit down and Turner's would call me when their next shipment arrived so that I could complete the DROS process and begin the 10-day waiting period. So, I did just that but decided to just pay the entire purchase price right then and there.

My question is could you possibly give me some indication as to when I might expect a call from Turner's informing me that the item is in? I know you guys are likely running low on stock for most of your advertised specials, and that the SP 2022 is no exception but honestly, I am just chomping at the bit to get the DROS process started. Any insight you could provide would at least tide me over.

Thank you kindly...
Reply With Quote
  #548  
Old 12-05-2011, 9:07 PM
dshortone's Avatar
dshortone dshortone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 694
iTrader: 45 / 100%
Default

Saw the .300 AAC Blackout ammo that you're carrying. Which rifles/uppers are you definitely planning on stocking, and what prices are you looking at too?
Reply With Quote
  #549  
Old 12-06-2011, 9:53 PM
h0use h0use is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: san diego/ las vegas
Posts: 5,836
iTrader: 69 / 100%
Default

Was wondering if you guys can get Draco pistols at a good price?
Reply With Quote
  #550  
Old 12-07-2011, 9:35 AM
Turner's Outdoorsman's Avatar
Turner's Outdoorsman Turner's Outdoorsman is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,675
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Esq. View Post
...
Any insight you could provide would at least tide me over.

Thank you kindly...
PM Sent. Thanks.
__________________


22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Reply With Quote
  #551  
Old 12-07-2011, 9:41 AM
Turner's Outdoorsman's Avatar
Turner's Outdoorsman Turner's Outdoorsman is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,675
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshortone View Post
Saw the .300 AAC Blackout ammo that you're carrying. Which rifles/uppers are you definitely planning on stocking, and what prices are you looking at too?
S&W for sure- retail is still TBD- and possibly others like CMMG. We are doing special orders for still others. Contact your nearest Turner's and they can update you on the S&W pricing and availability and research pricing on other options.
__________________


22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Reply With Quote
  #552  
Old 12-07-2011, 9:42 AM
Turner's Outdoorsman's Avatar
Turner's Outdoorsman Turner's Outdoorsman is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,675
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0use View Post
Was wondering if you guys can get Draco pistols at a good price?
Contact the folks at Kearny Mesa or San Marcos and they can work with our buyer and see what we can do for you.
__________________


22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Reply With Quote
  #553  
Old 12-07-2011, 3:41 PM
SwiftWiz's Avatar
SwiftWiz SwiftWiz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 201
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Any turner's stores carry Speer ammunition? I've called Norwalk and they don't seem to carry any. Looking for Speer Gold Dot 45acp.
Reply With Quote
  #554  
Old 12-07-2011, 4:02 PM
S.A. S.A. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 613
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

I'm hoping Turner's can start carrying .480 ammo. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #555  
Old 12-07-2011, 8:35 PM
Slugo Slugo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 192
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A. View Post
I'm hoping Turner's can start carrying .480 ammo. Thanks.
.480 Ruger? If so, I think I saw some at the Fountain Valley location when I was there the other day to get some primers. It might be worth a phone call to see if it is still there.

Good luck,

Slugo
Reply With Quote
  #556  
Old 12-07-2011, 9:49 PM
Tee Why's Avatar
Tee Why Tee Why is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 213
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Hello,
I've a couple of issues I'm hoping you can help me with. First I wanted to get the Springfield XD 9 Essential kit before the 11/30/11 deadline to pick up the 3 extra magazines. So I stopped by the Pasadena store on 11/28/11 during lunch time to order one and start the DROS later as I just bought another gun from there on 11/04/11. The salesman looked on the computer and was calling other stores to reserve one for me as I was told I need to have a serial number on a gun prior to 11/30 to qualify for the free magazine offer. Well, he couldn't find one and I left to go back to work so I left him my number to call me.

I never got a call telling me of what happened, so I stopped by the store again on 11/30 to order the gun and try to qualify for the free magazines and was told that they are all sold out. So I put down a deposit to get on the waiting list that day. I called the store 2 days ago on 12/05/11 and was told they had one but it was promised to another customer. I then called on 12/6/11 and was told nothing is in stock. I e=mailed you 2 days ago and the general customer service e-mail yesterday to regarding this matter as I'm wondering when I can expect to start the DROS and have yet to get a response.

My second issue is on 11/21/11 I picked up my S&W M&P 45 from the Pasadena store and the gun was having consistent FTF issues, so I took it back on the 11/24/11. They told me that they would send it back to the warehouse to ship back to S&W for repairs and I'm wondering about how long that would take to get my gun back from S&W as I've been told that their service department may close down for the holidays. I'm starting to think that I made a mistake in going through the store since the gun was new and things may have been faster if I called S&W directly for repair services.

Thank you.

Last edited by Tee Why; 12-07-2011 at 9:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #557  
Old 12-08-2011, 7:39 AM
TriumphAndrew's Avatar
TriumphAndrew TriumphAndrew is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 392
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Any word on when you'll be carrying circuit judges?
Reply With Quote
  #558  
Old 12-08-2011, 8:28 AM
Turner's Outdoorsman's Avatar
Turner's Outdoorsman Turner's Outdoorsman is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,675
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Why View Post
Hello,
I've a couple of issues I'm hoping you can help me with....
PM sent.
__________________


22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Reply With Quote
  #559  
Old 12-08-2011, 8:34 AM
Turner's Outdoorsman's Avatar
Turner's Outdoorsman Turner's Outdoorsman is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,675
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftWiz View Post
Any turner's stores carry Speer ammunition? I've called Norwalk and they don't seem to carry any. Looking for Speer Gold Dot 45acp.
We can order it for you, but we do not stock it these days as unfortunately it sells much slower than Winchester, Federal or Hornady defense ammo loadings.

Contact the nearest Turner's and they'll get you taken care of.
__________________


22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Reply With Quote
  #560  
Old 12-08-2011, 8:38 AM
Turner's Outdoorsman's Avatar
Turner's Outdoorsman Turner's Outdoorsman is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,675
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A. View Post
I'm hoping Turner's can start carrying .480 ammo. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugo View Post
.480 Ruger? If so, I think I saw some at the Fountain Valley location when I was there the other day to get some primers. It might be worth a phone call to see if it is still there.

Good luck,

Slugo
.480 Ruger is a fairly slow seller for us and we've all but discontinued it. But as pointed out, we do have some (mostly Hornady) available here and there. We can always special order a specific load for you but you can also contact the Turner's nearest you and ask them to have some transferred from other stores if they don't have any in stock.
__________________


22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:00 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.