Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-07-2013, 6:43 PM
Dirt Farmer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
Well yes gun owners could but the vast majority don't give money to any pro second amendment organizations. Yet they buy a gun a month.
I cannot afford to buy a gun a month, but I am an NRA member and do contribute to other organizations when I can.

I also contributed the cost of a gun to the 'Assaulted' film, although it did hurt.

If others would do the same, we might gain some ground.
Old 09-07-2013, 8:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodell View Post
Union power is derived from money.…
Bingo!

The union gets to confiscate several hundred dollars from me every year. I voluntarily spend several hundred more financing CGF, NRA, other civil-rights organizations, and various pro-RKBA campaigns. Most gun owners can’t or won’t match my financial support, so unless the NRA could garnish their wages …
Old 09-07-2013, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
I'd be willing to bet that most trade union members ( Carpenters, Electricians, Plumbers, Ironworker etc. ) are more likely to be pro gun than not. I think putting them all in the liberal/communist basket is a big mistake. The union may encourage them to vote for a pro-union Democrat but I'm sure that many of the members vote the way they want.
THIS.

I'm in the fitters union. I've had an NRA sticker on my hardhat for almost a year now and have had several people see it and start conversations with me about guns. From talking to guys on jobsites, I believe that most union members aren't loyal to their union (there are a few that are though). They don't vote pro-union and disregard the political propaganda that the unions spew out. They see unions as a means to an end, which ultimately is taking care of their family.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyca View Post
My point is that we out number every group that people here love ***** and moan about. If people spent a quarter of the energy they spend on "poor me" and "(insert group here) runs this country" on actually doing something, we would have no problems.
Exactly! It's comical how many gun-owners give up because they fall for their own self-defeatist propaganda.

Gun owners outnumber union members. Biggest contributor to dem campaigns are the teachers union. Big deal, we outnumber all union members combined.

Dems control the votes? Not true, there are more gun owners than there are voting democrats. A recent Senate seat won this year in Cali by a pro 2A republican won with less then 10% of voters showing up. It's seriously that easy.

If more gun owners realized we actually have the power when unified and joined pro 2A orgs that are in the fight we could change the landscape of this state. SF and LA are pitiful specks when compared to the rest of the population of this state. However some prefer to bow down and act as if SF rules their lives.

Unfortunately some prefer to ***** and complain about how it can't be done and simply don't try. Some would rather be steamrolled without a fight.

At least many cgners get it and are in the fight on many levels and are refusing to let anything pass quitely.
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” Mitt Romney 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate
Old 09-07-2013, 11:17 PM

Arrow splintered group

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyca View Post
Everyone loves to point out the fact of how the unions run California. There are only 2,489,000 union members in this state of 38,041,430. There are 7,988,700 gun owners in this state. All of you gun owners who won't join a gun rights organization need to think critically about those numbers.

http://www.bls.gov/ro9/unionca.htm
http://usliberals.about.com/od/Elect...Population.htm
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/06000lk.html
Until gun owners start voting in a unified, monolithic voting bloc that scares the elected officials into doing what we want, we will not get gun laws similar to those of Arizona, Alaska, Utah, etc.
Decl. of Indep., July 4, 1776

NRA Benefactor/Life Member; Lifer: CRPA, GOA, SAF & JPFO

Old 09-08-2013, 1:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Mass View Post
SF and LA are pitiful specks when compared to the rest of the population of this state.…
I’m afraid not. The Los Angeles and San Francisco metropolitan areas contain 13 million people and four million people respectively. Together, they account for nearly half the state’s population, before we even count other “liberal” strongholds. By comparison, gun owners make up maybe a quarter of the population.

The demographics are against us and will remain so for the foreseeable future.