Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 01-09-2018, 6:30 PM

just as a side note for those who do not know where to find the ammo shipping exemption if you have a FFL 03 + COE, you can find it by clicking here and check paragraph (c) (6)
Old 01-09-2018, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lweinlan View Post
just as a side note for those who do not know where to find the ammo shipping exemption if you have a FFL 03 + COE, you can find it by clicking here and check paragraph (c) (6)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2018, 8:27 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig so sour of ca View Post
The email address that brownells wants info sent to is ammorestrictons@brownells.com

They had me reference my order id# FYI.
This email address did not work for me, I got an immediate bounce.

Quote:
<ammorestrictons@brownells.com>:
550: 5.4.1 [ammorestrictons@brownells.com]: Recipient address rejected: Access denied [BY2NAM03FT037.eop-NAM03.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Old 01-09-2018, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
This email address did not work for me, I got an immediate bounce.
Same here . . . .

550 5.4.1 [ammorestrictons@brownells.com]: Recipient address rejected: Access denied [BY2NAM03FT061.eop-NAM03.prod.protection.outlook.com]
Old 01-09-2018, 9:53 PM
Veteran Member

That's because "restrictions" was spelled wrong in the link.

"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco?"
Old 01-09-2018, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdDeadHands1 View Post
Didn't notice

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2018, 10:35 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdDeadHands1 View Post

Thanks

Old 01-10-2018, 12:21 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Brownells - order placed and released for shipment. Be sure to sign & date your FFL or they will kick it back.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Brownells - order placed and released for shipment. Be sure to sign & date your FFL or they will kick it back.
Nice !
Old 01-10-2018, 12:27 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Has anyone checked with Grafs yet?

Old 01-10-2018, 1:05 PM

Quote:

Same with J&G...sign your FFL. I also had to send a photo ID with C&R and COE. They kicked back my order until they got a signed C&R. Still waiting to see if they got the signed copy yet.
Old 01-10-2018, 1:50 PM

it is a GO with ammo.com (www.ammo.com). Here is the response to my request:
Quote:
Hi,

Good afternoon sir. We will absolutely ship you ammunition. We only require a copy of your license and a copy of your COE. Clear pictures or scans are perfectly acceptable. Once these are received and verified, we can then ship you ammunition. Thanks and have a great day.

Matt
Ammo.com
800-604-1094

Last edited by lweinlan; 01-12-2018 at 1:20 PM..
Old 01-10-2018, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Has anyone checked with Grafs yet?
it is a NO GO with Grafs. See attached screen shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grafs-ammo-shipping.jpg (57.2 KB, 166 views)

Old 01-10-2018, 2:17 PM
Calguns Addict

You can add Doubletap ammo to list here is reply I got when asking, I am waiting on reply as to the process to supply them with copy of FFL+COE.

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting Doubletap. We will gladly ship to you. If you would like me to send over dealer pricing, let me know.

If you have any questions going forward, feel free to reach out anytime. Thanks!

--
Best Regards,

Mike Matheson

Sales Manager

Doubletap Ammunition/ COLT Ammunition

Cell: 435-383-3208

Office: 1-866-357-1066

Fax: 435-867-8524

EDIT: More info,

Attached is all of our dealer information. To become a dealer we just require a $500 initial order with no minimum on re-orders. I will be giving California dealers a 5% deeper discount as well to help incentivize them to bring our ammo in. California was the number one state for us for online sales, so the more dealers like yourself that we can get on board, the better.

You can send your FFL to me whatever way is easiest for you (email, fax- 435-867-8524, or mail). If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited by 97F1504RAD; 01-10-2018 at 2:49 PM..
Old 01-10-2018, 2:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Maybe I'm 6 weeks late to the party, but does the OP look like a hit list for litigious anti-gunners to you?

Or did my tin foil hat blow off?

(you guys sure 03ffl is water tight for now?)
Old 01-10-2018, 3:06 PM

Cabela's was checked

it's a NO GO !

Can't post the reply unfortunately . . .
Old 01-10-2018, 4:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I believe we're getting help from Prime Ammunition.

https://www.primeammo.com/

Quote:
Sun, 01/07/18 2:02 pm

There are a number of 03FFL + COE holders in CA, I am one of them. It is legal to ship us ammunition, are you willing to ship to us ?

Thank You,
Quote:
Sara
Sun, 01/07/18 2:24 pm

Yes, Please email johnf@primeammo.com and he can get you set up.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:43 AM

it is a NO GO for LG-OUTDOORS.

Quote:
Thank you for contacting us.

We can only ship ammo to California if it goes directly to an FFL dealer.

Best wishes,
Krystan M.
LG-OUTDOORS

Krystan@lg-outdoors.com
(888) 547-4679

Old 01-11-2018, 1:48 PM

Looks like it is a GO with American Marksman (http://www.theamericanmarksman.com/). They emailed me some general info:

Quote:
Greetings,

At American Marksman, we wanted to let you know that we value our California Customers. Unfortunately, due to recent changes in California law, we are no longer able to ship directly to most of our customers’ homes. There is a solution we hope to offer our valued customers.

Under new California law, we can still ship our products to DOJ approved and licensed individuals/dealers in the State of California. We are in the process of adding a new tab on the website for our California customers to utilize. That page will list individuals and dealers in California that would like to serve as an outlet for our products.

If you are a licensed DOJ approved Ammunition Vendor/FFL holder or know of a reputable one, please contact us at marketing@ammarkammo.com. We would like to add those individuals or businesses to our growing network throughout California.

Our goal is to continue to serve our customers with great ammunition, components and prices for years to come.
Thanks,

American Marksman
marketing@ammarkammo.com
They also emailed me a more specific note:

Quote:
Correct, we understand someone with a C&R can receive ammunition (just like those in law enforcement). We are looking for dealers as an outlet for the bulk of our customers. Dealers that will not attempt to over charge for this opportunity. Course… this is all good for another year… then customers must have a license to purchase ammunition in 2019.

Thanks for the note.

Chad Ueding

Corporate Operations Manager

American Marksman, LLC

10404 Essex Court, Ste. 442

Omaha, NE 68114

Office: (402) 763-4885

Cell: (402) 740-6012

Email: chad@ammarkammo.com
Old 01-11-2018, 4:06 PM

The way I read the responses from Double Tap and American Marksman seems to me like they are looking for Dealers/Distributers. We might need more clarification there for collectors. So they will ship to collectors (FF03) but they are looking for dealers as well or are they thinking that as FFL03 holders we can act as dealers (which of course we can not)?

Quote:
Greetings,

At American Marksman, we wanted to let you know that we value our California Customers. Unfortunately, due to recent changes in California law, we are no longer able to ship directly to most of our customers’ homes. There is a solution we hope to offer our valued customers.

Under new California law, we can still ship our products to DOJ approved and licensed individuals/dealers in the State of California. We are in the process of adding a new tab on the website for our California customers to utilize. That page will list individuals and dealers in California that would like to serve as an outlet for our products.

If you are a licensed DOJ approved Ammunition Vendor/FFL holder or know of a reputable one, please contact us at marketing@ammarkammo.com. We would like to add those individuals or businesses to our growing network throughout California.

Our goal is to continue to serve our customers with great ammunition, components and prices for years to come.
Thanks,

American Marksman
marketing@ammarkammo.com
Quote:
Hello ,

Thank you for contacting Doubletap. We will gladly ship to you. If you would like me to send over dealer pricing, let me know.

If you have any questions going forward, feel free to reach out anytime. Thanks!

--
Best Regards,

Mike Matheson

Sales Manager

Doubletap Ammunition/ COLT Ammunition

Cell: 435-383-3208

Office: 1-866-357-1066

Fax: 435-867-8524

EDIT: More info,

Attached is all of our dealer information. To become a dealer we just require a $500 initial order with no minimum on re-orders. I will be giving California dealers a 5% deeper discount as well to help incentivize them to bring our ammo in. California was the number one state for us for online sales, so the more dealers like yourself that we can get on board, the better.

You can send your FFL to me whatever way is easiest for you (email, fax- 435-867-8524, or mail). If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited by rice_man; 01-11-2018 at 4:16 PM..
Old 01-11-2018, 5:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_man View Post
The way I read the responses from Double Tap and American Marksman seems to me like they are looking for Dealers/Distributers. We might need more clarification there for collectors. So they will ship to collectors (FF03) but they are looking for dealers as well or are they thinking that as FFL03 holders we can act as dealers (which of course we can not)?
Doubletap is good to go. I replied to Mike as I interpreting it the same way and wanted to make sure he knew I was just an individual NOT a dealer and was looking to purchase for personal use only and he relied that was fine and he looked forward to doing business with me.
Old 01-12-2018, 7:40 AM

American Marksman confirmed that they will ship:

Quote:
01-15-18
Yes, we will ship to those individuals. We will keep copies of the licenses on file.

Thanks.

Chad Ueding

Corporate Operations Manager

American Marksman, LLC

10404 Essex Court, Ste. 442

Omaha, NE 68114

Office: (402) 763-4885

Cell: (402) 740-6012

Email: chad@ammarkammo.com

Sent: Friday, January 12, 2018 10:38 AM
To: Chad Ueding <chad@ammarkammo.com>
Subject: Re: RE: Important California Residents/Dealers Notice

Hi Chad,

could you please confirm that your company will ship ammunition directly to FFL03 + California Certificate of Eligibility holders ?

FFL 03 individuals are not dealers and can not resell ammunition.

thanks

Quote:
I am going to email American Marksman to clarify.

Quote:

Quote:
Greetings,

Thanks,

American Marksman
marketing@ammarkammo.com

Last edited by lweinlan; 01-15-2018 at 9:23 AM..
Old 01-12-2018, 9:15 AM
#1 Bull Goose Loony
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

LAX Ammunition is No, Nix, Nyet, Nope and Uh-Uh.

I have hope that after a few months those not shipping to CA will see that dozens of other online ammo dealers are making bucks without legal troubles and they are being left out. Might be worth checking again after a while.

Hello,

Thank you for your email. Starting this new year we are no longer be able to ship to California residents home. We will still be able to ship in California but it will have to go through an FFL with an ammunition vendors license and a copy of the each must be sent to documents@laxammo.com

However, at this time we are still not taking California orders, but hope to begin once again by next month.

We are still able to ship out of state.

You are also still able to make a face to face transaction whether it be at one of our retail store locations or at a gun show.

Please note, we will NOT have in store pick up available for online orders. For in store stock and pricing you would need to contact each individual retail store directly.

Background checks will not be required for the state of California until July 2019. We are still making arrangements to see how the background check portion of the new law will be put into affect.

If you have any additional questions or concerns please let me know.

Best,
Stephany H.

Customer Service
LAX Ammunition
1 (855) 407-2666
www.laxammo.com

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 4:02 PM, Customer Support <service@laxammunition.com> wrote:

Subject: Shipping Ammo to CA shooters with FFL03 and COE

Message: Will you honor the exception that allows you to ship ammo to California residences of C&R FFL03 AND COE holders?
Sacramento County Sheriff Concealed Carry Info - Search 'Concealed Weapons Permit Information Sacramento'
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
Animated US Map Showing Progress of Concealed Carry Laws 1986 to 2021 http://www.gun-nuttery.com/rtc.php
Old 01-12-2018, 9:43 AM

ammunitionstore.com is a GO as stated on their "Can you buy ammo online?" page (scroll down to the middle of the page):

Quote:
California:
No ammunition feeding devices over 10 rounds. No Tracer or Incendiary ammunition.
Dec. 20th 2017 will be the last day for orders shipping directly to individuals. After that date, the following requirements will be in place.
Ammunition shipments must go to one of the following:

- A licensed ammunition vendor with a copy of their license on file
- A Federally licensed dealer (FFL) with a copy of their license on file
- A type 03 FFL (C&R) with a certificate of eligibility (COE) and both licenses on file
- A gun range that will keep the ammunition on their premises
- A law enforcement agency with written authorization from the head of the agency stating that the ammunition is for official use

Last edited by lweinlan; 01-12-2018 at 1:19 PM..
Old 01-12-2018, 12:34 PM
@ the Dark End of the Bar

I can confirm that United Nations Ammo Company is GtG with 03/COE.

They ask that you email or text a picture of your credentials before ordering.

When ordering, in the User Notes simply write “credentials on file”.

I’ve placed plenty of orders with them and they ship quickly. They often have unusual stuff, too.
Old 01-12-2018, 1:17 PM

It is a GO with AmmoForSale.com. They need your FFL03 and COE on file with them:

Quote:
Hi,

We are very sorry to hear about the new set of rules or you folks over there in California. As the law does allow for that exemption, we have no issues shipping to you after you have provided the 2 documents mentioned. It usually helps to have either an account or at the very least on order in file to help us anchor everything together.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if we can be of any help with your ammo supply!

Max
AmmoForSale.com
(800) 581-0293
Old 01-12-2018, 1:27 PM

it is also a GO with venturamunitions:

Quote:
Hello,

We are still shipping ammunition to Cali with the right credentials and area. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at the number below or simply reply to this email (rmccale@venturamunitions.com).

Thank you,

Ryan McCale

Ventura Munitions
Standard and Specialty Ammunition for the Discerning User
www.venturamunitions.com
1-855-438-8626 ext. 704
hello Ryan,

could you please confirm that the right credentials also include individuals holder of a FFL03 and a California Certificate of Eligibility (in a non restricted area/city) ?
It seems that some vendors are only referring to FFL01 (dealers) when they state that they accept to ship to California.

thank you

Quote:
Hello,

You are in the clear in according the Penal Code 30312(c)(6). We will still ship to you as long as the shipping address isn't located in a restricted area.

Thank you,

Ryan McCale

Ventura Munitions
Standard and Specialty Ammunition for the Discerning User
www.venturamunitions.com
1-855-438-8626 ext. 704

Last edited by lweinlan; 01-12-2018 at 2:48 PM..
Old 01-14-2018, 1:37 PM

Thanks for the latest confirmation. The list keeps growing which is a very good thing to see. Nice to still have options.
Old 01-14-2018, 1:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Thanks for updating thread Glen as well as all the leg work u did.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:19 PM

LAX Ammunition Operations Manager emailed to let me know that they should have a system in place to accept ammo orders from FFL03 + CoE by next month (Feb 2018). Let's wait and see.

Quote:
Hi,

Yes once our new system is up and running. Our website currently blocks all Ca orders until the new system is finished.

Should be up and running by next month.

We appreciate your business, and patience.

Have a great day!

Vanessa
Operations Manager
LAX Ammunition
1 (855) 407-2666
www.laxammo.com
Old 01-16-2018, 3:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Does anyone know about Palmetto State armory? I emailed them and have not heard back yet?
Old 01-16-2018, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrik View Post
Does anyone know about Palmetto State armory? I emailed them and have not heard back yet?
PSA is on the list and was confirmed by lweinlan. Their website does not specifically state FFL03 only dealers so may warrant a call to them before ordering.

Last edited by rice_man; 01-16-2018 at 4:14 PM..
Old 01-16-2018, 4:19 PM

Tagged
Old 01-17-2018, 9:31 AM

it is a NO GO for Red River Reloading & Outdoors:

Quote:
Unfortunately not for the time being. Our warehouses are requiring that
we ship to an FFL dealer. I forwarded your email to our warhouses for
review.

--
Thanks for your business!
Steven Flood
512-827-8651
Floodhammer Media Inc.
Red River Reloading & Outdoors
https://redriverreloading.com
https://www.chamberchiller.com
Old 01-22-2018, 12:57 PM

Mark from The Bullet Barn confirmed that they will be shipping to FFL03+COE.
Old 01-22-2018, 1:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lweinlan View Post
it is a NO GO for Red River Reloading & Outdoors:
Quote:
Our warehouses are requiring that we ship to an FFL dealer.
The "our warehouses" excuse is code speak for "we don't actually HAVE a warehouse and the ability to set our own policies" as we are drop-shipping through 3rd party suppliers.
Old 01-22-2018, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skypass307 View Post
Mark from The Bullet Barn confirmed that they will be shipping to FFL03+COE.
Thanks for the contribution. Can you confirm which one you confirmed?

http://bulletbarn.us/all-ammo/

http://www.thebulletbarn.com/

Also Southern Ohio Gun added to list per delfino.

Last edited by rice_man; 01-22-2018 at 1:43 PM..
Old 01-22-2018, 2:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_man View Post
Thanks for the contribution. Can you confirm which one you confirmed?

http://bulletbarn.us/all-ammo/

http://www.thebulletbarn.com/

Also Southern Ohio Gun added to list per delfino.
Oh, it's the http://bulletbarn.us/
I didn't know there were the other site lol

Also confirmed from peakperformanceammo.com that they will ship to FFL03+COE, email a picture of FFL03 and COE to Sales@PeakPerformanceAmmo.com to be kept on file.
Old 01-23-2018, 6:16 AM

Thanks for confirming The Bullet Barn. I have added them along with Peak Performance to the list.

Also added Ammunition To Go confirmed in THIS thread.

Last edited by rice_man; 01-23-2018 at 6:23 AM..
Old 01-23-2018, 6:48 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Just got this back from Midway USA. They acknowledge that the law grants the exemption, they just don't care because, reasons. I won't be dealing with them for anything from now on. I urge everyone to do the same.

Quote:
Dear Scott,

Thanks for contacting us in reference to the California laws. Unfortunately, even though the law does state that those documents are allowed, it is Midway's policy that we are only accepting the Class 1 FFL for ammo purchases. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT.

You may also email us at customerservice@midwayusa.com.

Thanks for Your Business!

Kenny

MidwayUSA

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

Last edited by Agent Akin; 01-23-2018 at 8:08 AM..