Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Announcements and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Announcements and Suggestions This is a place for suggestions, news and updates about the site.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:19 AM

Default Can we separate Marketplace - Long Guns into separate forums for Rifles and Shotguns?

When I'm searching for a deal on a shotgun, it's kind of annoying to sift through ads for rifles. Is there enough activity to warrant separate forums for selling rifles vs. selling shotguns?
Old 06-22-2018, 4:13 PM

Location: Chico - the only city in California named after a Marx brother.

Why don't you just use the search function in the Long guns forum?

"People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a civilized society." Marko - http://jpfo.org/articles-assd02/marko.htm/
Old 06-22-2018, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosdad View Post
Why don't you just use the search function in the Long guns forum?
This. Exactly what I do.

Military Veteran
DHS veteran
“An assualt rifle by definition is a rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use. A semiautomatic Ar15/Ak47 type firearm with a standard magazine release is not considered an assualt rifle”......Governor LePage
Old 06-22-2018, 9:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I think there would be a much greater case to separate by semi automatic versus manual regardless of caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andrew - Lancaster, CA
NRA Life Member, SAF / CRPA / FPC member and supporter, USCCA Member
Old 06-22-2018, 10:37 PM
Calguns Addict

No.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmorgul View Post
I think there would be a much greater case to separate by semi automatic versus manual regardless of caliber.
Or maybe have separate forums for caliber and trans-caliber guns.

You know, such as when a rifle chambered in .223 identifies itself and truly, genuinely feels it should have been manufactured as a .308.

Old 06-23-2018, 4:18 AM

Location: Chico - the only city in California named after a Marx brother.

Great idea! And subforums for weapons that have been permanently altered.
Old 06-23-2018, 1:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALI-gula View Post
Or maybe have separate forums for caliber and trans-caliber guns.

You know, such as when a rifle chambered in .223 identifies itself and truly, genuinely feels it should have been manufactured as a .308.

Except the law genuinely pertains to semi and manual operation firearms differently... but I guess you see no reason to separate sales forums for long guns and handguns because you know they just “feel” like being dimensionally identical AR-15 pattern firearms and are only legally differentiated by a simple marking before sale. Yeah, that makes as much sense as your feelings.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
Old 06-23-2018, 3:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmorgul View Post
Except the law genuinely pertains to semi and manual operation firearms differently... but I guess you see no reason to separate sales forums for long guns and handguns because you know they just “feel” like being dimensionally identical AR-15 pattern firearms and are only legally differentiated by a simple marking before sale. Yeah, that makes as much sense as your feelings.
I'm a buyer, a seller, not a whiner. I like all firearms, so I would just rather have everything all in one place.

I'm not limited by geography, funds, or type, whether it's a handgun or rifle, C&R or new, whether semi-auto, bolt-action, rolling-block, falling-block, or trapdoor. I like my Semmerlings alongside my Glocks, right next to my Dardicks and Les Baers, close to my ARs and my CZs, not far from my PTR-91s and my Winchester 1873s, just adjacent to my Madsens and 700s.

I have no "feelings" about it one way or the other because I'm not hung up about a certain kind of firearm with a need to segregate those with which I'm not interests. Nor am I so easily flustered and confused like yourself who finds it to be a mental-challenged in the highest order to cognitively sift things quickly by way of reading comprehension to get to what you want, but it seems like YOU sure do have some easily crushed "feelings" about it.

In all, I think there should be only 3 classified forums: 1) Firearms / 2) Ammo / and 3) WTB.

You will notice none of the 3 are titled "feelings".

Oh... and still no.

Old 06-23-2018, 4:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALI-gula View Post
I'm a buyer, a seller, not a whiner. I like all firearms, so I would just rather have everything all in one place.

Actually you seem to whine an adequate amount about other people having ideas for site improvement that don’t align with your “don’t care but oppose anyway” view. You just fear change don’t you?

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
Old 06-23-2018, 8:06 PM
Veteran Member

I think it's fine as it is. Use the search function. It only take a second or two.