Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #641  
Old 07-18-2018, 5:20 PM
PatC415's Avatar
PatC415 PatC415 is offline
FREELOADER
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Behind Enemy Lines
Posts: 942
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnEnvy View Post
Cool thanks. Sorry forgot to ask how long ago did you volreg?
June 11, the last one I turned in, and only one I received confirmation.

I did a couple rifles in early April, and still have not heard back on those.
Maybe pistols first??? Who knows what DOJ is doing.
__________________
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the bottom.
Reply With Quote
  #642  
Old 07-18-2018, 5:20 PM
bm-bill bm-bill is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Magalia, CA
Posts: 185
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Just received 2 emails saying that they received and will begin processing my submission for 2 volreg`s I submitted on May 5th. Both were rifles.

Crossing my fingers I receive a letter soon.
Reply With Quote
  #643  
Old 07-18-2018, 5:43 PM
zeroman03 zeroman03 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 37
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm-bill View Post
Just received 2 emails saying that they received and will begin processing my submission for 2 volreg`s I submitted on May 5th. Both were rifles.

Crossing my fingers I receive a letter soon.
You should get your letter in a week and 1-2 days from that email.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #644  
Old 07-18-2018, 5:48 PM
PatC415's Avatar
PatC415 PatC415 is offline
FREELOADER
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Behind Enemy Lines
Posts: 942
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroman03 View Post
You should get your letter in a week and 1-2 days from that email.
I wish mine came that quick!
E-mail came June 29, just got the first confirmation today.
__________________
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the bottom.
Reply With Quote
  #645  
Old 07-18-2018, 7:28 PM
zeroman03 zeroman03 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 37
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatC415 View Post
I wish mine came that quick!
E-mail came June 29, just got the first confirmation today.
Oh wow. It seems that the time frame has extended a bit. Regardless, it seems like the advise given to me, that receiving the email is a sign that ones app has been approved, is holding true. Another positive is that VolRegs submitted prior to 7/01/18 are still being processed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #646  
Old 07-19-2018, 4:32 PM
HDShawn HDShawn is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 79
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Did anyone else have their information lost in the CFARS system? I tried to log in to view if any progress with my registration. User info "doesn't match any records". When I click on "forgot user name and password" I enter my name and email, and it still shows that no records match. I'm pretty sure my name hasn't changed, nor the email, as I have the receipt for $19 from DOJ to that email. WTH?
Reply With Quote
  #647  
Old 07-19-2018, 6:23 PM
Frank_5.0 Frank_5.0 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: LA County
Posts: 198
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDShawn View Post
Did anyone else have their information lost in the CFARS system? I tried to log in to view if any progress with my registration. User info "doesn't match any records". When I click on "forgot user name and password" I enter my name and email, and it still shows that no records match. I'm pretty sure my name hasn't changed, nor the email, as I have the receipt for $19 from DOJ to that email. WTH?
Happened to me when I wanted to check my progress on apps. Said no records found and I put in security questions and said those were wrong. Emailed DOJ twice and still nothing
Reply With Quote
  #648  
Old 07-19-2018, 6:57 PM
zeroman03 zeroman03 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 37
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I just logged in for S&Gs, worked fine for me. Have you tried any different browsers, cleared your browser history, so on and so forth?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited by zeroman03; 07-19-2018 at 7:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #649  
Old 08-06-2018, 9:43 PM
Matt_Mellon Matt_Mellon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 14
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

My password didn't work, answered my security questions, tried to log in, no account found.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #650  
Old 08-07-2018, 4:38 AM
bm-bill bm-bill is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Magalia, CA
Posts: 185
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Just got my 2 letters for two rifles. I started May 5th. What a relief.
Reply With Quote
  #651  
Old 08-23-2018, 12:52 PM
HDShawn HDShawn is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 79
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Received my approval for 2 rifles, started the process on Memorial day.
Reply With Quote
  #652  
Old 08-24-2018, 3:30 AM
Aasillak Aasillak is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Commifornia
Posts: 502
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Got my P80 approved. VolReg on 5/20/18, got email Submission Confirmation Notice email on 8/8,18, letter dated 8/9/18 and got the letter in the mail on 8/18/18.
Reply With Quote
  #653  
Old 08-24-2018, 7:23 PM
GunnEnvy's Avatar
GunnEnvy GunnEnvy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 263
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aasillak View Post
Got my P80 approved. VolReg on 5/20/18, got email Submission Confirmation Notice email on 8/8,18, letter dated 8/9/18 and got the letter in the mail on 8/18/18.
Congrats. Did you register specifying the caliber and did you upload pics? In another thread a few people are getting denied because they specified interchangeable barrels.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #654  
Old 08-24-2018, 7:26 PM
Aasillak Aasillak is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Commifornia
Posts: 502
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnEnvy View Post
Congrats. Did you register specifying the caliber and did you upload pics? In another thread a few people are getting denied because they specified interchangeable barrels.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk


Full pistol (not a frame only)
9mm
No pictures


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #655  
Old 08-24-2018, 7:32 PM
igorts's Avatar
igorts igorts is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Santa Clara
Posts: 1,206
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default DOJ Releases AB-857 Ghost Gun Regs

no pictures needed for volreg.
sent in March. sent email after 5 month delay, got a call back and it moved, got email 8/8, and letter in 10 days
interchangeable barrels, multical. came as
caliber 8888


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Lifetime NRA Member
Reply With Quote
  #656  
Old 08-24-2018, 8:39 PM
GunnEnvy's Avatar
GunnEnvy GunnEnvy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 263
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorts View Post
no pictures needed for volreg.
sent in March. sent email after 5 month delay, got a call back and it moved, got email 8/8, and letter in 10 days
interchangeable barrels, multical. came as
caliber 8888


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes that's how I understand it too. Another thread regarding 80% volreg have some people getting rejected and doj asking for pictures.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #657  
Old 09-11-2018, 10:15 AM
ambis ambis is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 141
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default SSE pistol question

hoping someone can answer this. If a SSE pistol was completely built and assembled (no aw features), and now, if the firearm is currently disassembled must the receiver be serialized per AB 257; or must it be fully assembled prior to registration?
Reply With Quote
  #658  
Old 09-11-2018, 11:32 AM
Arellaj9 Arellaj9 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Welcome Back To Vietnam, California
Posts: 33
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

So if you have 1911s that we’re built few years ago, and they have all right info engraved and right specification, all person will have to do is Volunteer registration with no pictures ? Or you have upload pictures like aw Process?
Reply With Quote
  #659  
Old 09-11-2018, 11:37 AM
igorts's Avatar
igorts igorts is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Santa Clara
Posts: 1,206
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

no pictures, unless DOJ asks for them.
__________________
Lifetime NRA Member
Reply With Quote
  #660  
Old 09-11-2018, 11:43 AM
ambis ambis is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 141
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

but what if the pistol frames are not yet engraved? do they require engraving AND photos? or no registration cuz just a finished receiver?....
Reply With Quote
  #661  
Old 09-12-2018, 4:41 AM
ajb78's Avatar
ajb78 ajb78 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: San Leandro
Posts: 868
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arellaj9 View Post
So if you have 1911s that we’re built few years ago, and they have all right info engraved and right specification, all person will have to do is Volunteer registration with no pictures ? Or you have upload pictures like aw Process?
You had to VolReg by 6/30/2018 to use your own serial number.

Now, as in after 7/1/2018, you must apply for a CA DOJ issued serial number, have it engraved, and submit proof in the form of photos that the engraving is complete within a short time frame (10 days?, I haven't kept up with that part) of the serial number being issued.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #662  
Old 09-12-2018, 7:35 AM
ambis ambis is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 141
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

wow, they want a picture of the frame? lame. well ok
Reply With Quote
  #663  
Old 09-12-2018, 9:03 AM
Browneye's Avatar
Browneye Browneye is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: North OC - So-Cal
Posts: 677
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

They want proof you engraved their number on it.
__________________
1911 Shooter
Reply With Quote
  #664  
Old 09-17-2018, 8:25 PM
9M62 9M62 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,484
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

I VolReg'd back in June and still haven't received anything lol .
__________________
Warning: Nothing on the Internet is true, including this post.
Reply With Quote
  #665  
Old 09-17-2018, 8:31 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,241
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

2 in July and a bunch in March, waiting for months with no word, absolutely no responses to multiple "report and issue" attempts. Still sifting through mail to make sure nothing got by me, but nothing on email at all. Just the original receipt of payment for the transactions.

At this point, come Jan 1st, what do we do? We attempted to register and got nothing, so now the only process is to go through the AB857 process. Do we start that process now not knowing the status of the volreg process? What happens when we have the firearm marked according to AB857 and then get a letter that it has been approved with our own serial number?

This is a crisis, and it's going to get ugly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez


Last edited by Discogodfather; 09-17-2018 at 8:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #666  
Old 09-18-2018, 2:43 AM
Califpatriot Califpatriot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,101
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
2 in July and a bunch in March, waiting for months with no word, absolutely no responses to multiple "report and issue" attempts. Still sifting through mail to make sure nothing got by me, but nothing on email at all. Just the original receipt of payment for the transactions.

At this point, come Jan 1st, what do we do? We attempted to register and got nothing, so now the only process is to go through the AB857 process. Do we start that process now not knowing the status of the volreg process? What happens when we have the firearm marked according to AB857 and then get a letter that it has been approved with our own serial number?

This is a crisis, and it's going to get ugly.
Have you contacted CRPA/M&A about this?
__________________
In case it wasn't obvious, nothing I write here should be interpreted as legal advice.
Reply With Quote
  #667  
Old 09-18-2018, 9:27 AM
Mute's Avatar
Mute Mute is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Diamond Bar
Posts: 6,533
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

For those asking, there was nothing in the law or regulations that required pictures be submitted with the volreg, nor does the submission have to be a complete firearm. If you had just the bare receiver they had the option to choose that on the application form. However, the jackasses at the DOJ who reviews the submissions seem to be all over the place in determining if your application is valid and are vague in what is wrong or how that can be resolved. Maybe I'm just a cynic, but I believe this is intentional and they are acting in bad faith.
__________________
NRA Patron Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle & Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

American Marksman Training Group, LLC
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page


Discounted NRA Membership Sign Up
Reply With Quote
  #668  
Old 09-19-2018, 8:18 AM
Browneye's Avatar
Browneye Browneye is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: North OC - So-Cal
Posts: 677
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

The government doesn't 'act in bad faith' for these types of functions. Perhaps higher up the food chain, but not clerks. It's much more likely to be simple incompetence, or lack of documentation as to what they're actually doing, or a change in policy or process moving forward.

These are new regs, and it was so poorly rolled out, that it's highly likely that they simply don't know what to do. As pointed out, photos were not required for vol-reg, it was simply a way to get self-assigned serial numbers on unregistered firearms into the central database per the new statute. It wasn't supposed to be any more complicated than that. IMO it got confused with the registration of assault weapons, and them trying to determine what complies and what doesn't, and the requirement that new builds or unregistered weapons get a DOJ assigned number.

And now, since the windows has closed for vol-reg with self-assigned numbers, my bet is the department is going to require all unregistered firearms to obtain a DOJ serial and register them that way.

But I could be completely wrong. LOL. Has happened before. YMMV
__________________
1911 Shooter
Reply With Quote
  #669  
Old 09-19-2018, 9:02 AM
Supersapper Supersapper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 645
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
The government doesn't 'act in bad faith' for these types of functions. Perhaps higher up the food chain, but not clerks. It's much more likely to be simple incompetence, or lack of documentation as to what they're actually doing, or a change in policy or process moving forward.

These are new regs, and it was so poorly rolled out, that it's highly likely that they simply don't know what to do. As pointed out, photos were not required for vol-reg, it was simply a way to get self-assigned serial numbers on unregistered firearms into the central database per the new statute. It wasn't supposed to be any more complicated than that. IMO it got confused with the registration of assault weapons, and them trying to determine what complies and what doesn't, and the requirement that new builds or unregistered weapons get a DOJ assigned number.

And now, since the windows has closed for vol-reg with self-assigned numbers, my bet is the department is going to require all unregistered firearms to obtain a DOJ serial and register them that way.

But I could be completely wrong. LOL. Has happened before. YMMV
And this was the exact reason I chose the paper form and mailing for the Vol Reg I did on 3 bare frames. Anytime the government does something new like this, it ALWAYS gets jacked up. Always and I need point no farther than the CFARS and BBRAW registrations.

I sent an envelope with the form, a check, my mil ID (for the FSC exemption) and a pic of my ID card. Had my own serial numbers engraved per the legal standard. Sent on 04JUN18. Got letters noting ownership with personal serials on 18JUL18 and cal/0. Just to be clear, I annotated in all caps in multiple places that it was a "FRAME ONLY" or "RECEIVER ONLY", so they could NOT mistake it. No photos, no confusing website, etc. Modernists really need to look to the old systems. They've been around for along time and they work.

Yeah...I know...have to be featureless builds, etc, but 3000fps is still 3000fps and if the unicorns ever come home and this stuff were repealed or invalidated, I can build the rifle any way that's legal at the time. I'm not locked to featureless or AW configuration. If small animals everywhere rose up against mankind, then how hard is it to replace parts back to the original?

What really has me scratching my head is this: for those that bought a BBAW rifle the answer seemed so simple: buy and DROS a 100% bare receiver (or mill your own and VolReg it). Have all of the old parts removed from the old receiver and placed on the new receiver and just use a ARMaglock, KaliKey, etc...whatever was legal. Use a sawzall and cut the old receiver into three pieces, keep them (with pix of the pieces) in a box in the garage and file an NLIP (destroyed) via SNAIL MAIL with a Return Receipt. All the state has on file is a bare receiver so as long as you have the appropriate legal parts, you're good. As the law changes, you reconfigure to legit. No questions, no issues, no pix, no website, no stormtroopers.

I feel bad for the first victims of this techno-terrorism...someone had to be the guinea pig, but when many of us were seeing all of the intricacies, issues and inadvertent "crimes" that were committed, the process I mentioned should have come up in someone's mind somewhere.

The alternative, at least to me, was worse: You take a pic for DOJ and the Mcdingleberry Smasher was purple instead of green, now you're a felon. Or Barney Fife takes a look, runs the serial and the Mechanical Flux Capacitor was version 1 instead of version 3, now you're a felon because you have a "modified assault rifle".
__________________
Since you see light before you hear sound, is that why so many people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Ask me about low cost Commander memberships to Frontsight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Don't attempt to inject common sense into an internet pissing contest.

Last edited by Supersapper; 09-19-2018 at 9:43 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:33 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.