Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 10-04-2012, 8:16 AM

ALERT

PLEASE DON"T REDUCE YOUR PLEDGE!

Any reductions can jeopardize the campaign.

Thanks,

Kris
Old 10-04-2012, 8:22 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellar View Post
ALERT

Thanks,

Kris
And it's stealing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
More what? More crazy?
You live in California. There's always more crazy. It's a renewable resource.
Old 10-04-2012, 8:23 AM
Veteran Member

I just put in $25 for ya. I know I should have done it sooner, but my paycheck just came in today!

There's lots of players on the team. Not everyone gets to play "Quarterback". -CEDaytonaRydr
Old 10-04-2012, 8:26 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
ALERT

Thanks,

Kris
Who's reducing their pledge!?!?!?

Seriously people; don't do that!!
Old 10-04-2012, 8:34 AM
Veteran Member

Backers

$65,900
pledged of $65,000 goal

hours to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRA spends more money in CA than it takes in from here. Please stop spreading misinformation.
-
sbrady@Michel&Associates
Read the full post about NRA activities in CA here.
Old 10-04-2012, 8:34 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackingHeatInSDCA View Post
It's at 64,002. I upped my pledge from $1000 to $1998. WE DID IT!
awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRA spends more money in CA than it takes in from here. Please stop spreading misinformation.
-
sbrady@Michel&Associates
Read the full post about NRA activities in CA here.
Old 10-04-2012, 8:35 AM

Just put my donation in the pot. I am very pleased I was able to make it in time. Let's keep this going.
Old 10-04-2012, 8:43 AM

We did it!! I'm so happy my jaw hurts from smiling!
Old 10-04-2012, 8:44 AM

Your in for a Hundred. Assaulted film passed 100% this morning.
Old 10-04-2012, 8:47 AM

Quote:
ALERT

That seems like a bad loophole. In theory, couldn't some anti could pledge a big donation, make everyone complacent, and then pull it at the last minute?

EDIT: I guess it actually makes sense, since otherwise Kickstarter projects could be pushed past the goal by a fake donation.

Last edited by Asher L; 10-04-2012 at 8:50 AM..
Old 10-04-2012, 8:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankarian View Post
Since when truth has stopped the antis to tell the most outrageous lies?
I maintain a rather cynical view of the media, and I tend to agree with you that they will lie about how this was funded by the "gun lobby."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMP91 View Post
They'll shut their mouths real quick once they see the credits
I don't think that's going to stop them at all. Even if they can't find a direct funding source to gun manufacturers or the so-called "evil gun lobby," they'll over-exaggerate and over-emphasize links that are tenuous at best. For example (and I have no idea whether this is true or not) it could be that a local gun shop let the producers borrow a few showpieces for filming, free of charge. They could then argue there's some sinister link between that concession and the "evil gun peddler," that somehow the producer was unduly influenced by that.

Another tact they could take is latching on to different associations of the individual contributors. Taking Gene as an example (and I only do so because my impression is that he's public the face of CGF) they can make several logical leaps thus: Gene contributed $X. He is a board member of CGF, and an past-board member of CRPA. CRPA gets funding from the NRA and is an NRA affiliate. NRA gets funding from the "evil gun manufacturer," or is the "evil gun lobby" itself. Therefore, the "evil gun lobby" contributed to the production of this film. What they'll conveniently omit are the three giant leaps in logic, and simplify it to such a deceptive degree.

No matter what, a whole bunch of accusations of bias and undue influence will be made against the film and its supporting contributors. In the end, I believe it will be those accusers that end up looking like fools, because we have been making fools out of them for the last several years.
Old 10-04-2012, 8:52 AM

T Minus 12 Hours

Kickstarter Update #11 · Oct. 04, 2012

Looks like we have made our goal!

Thank you all for your pledges and support, but I ask you to take the next few hours and tell friend about our project and get them to donate, too. Every dollar over the goal helps the project. We have to pay a commission to Kickstarter and Amazon so the project net is 9% less the gross - that a sizable chunk of change that we won't have for the project.

For those that joined the project in the past 24-hours. We have asked everyone to "double and match" - double your pledge and have a friend match you. That way we will ensure enough headroom to adjust to those that cancel or reduce their pledges to stay atop our goal.

Thank you!
Old 10-04-2012, 8:59 AM

Quote:
T Minus 12 Hours

Kickstarter Update #11 · Oct. 04, 2012

Looks like we have made our goal!

Thank you all for your pledges and support, but I ask you to take the next few hours and tell friend about our project and get them to donate, too. Every dollar over the goal helps the project. We have to pay a commission to Kickstarter and Amazon so the project net is 9% less the gross - that a sizable chunk of change that we won't have for the project.

For those that joined the project in the past 24-hours. We have asked everyone to "double and match" - double your pledge and have a friend match you. That way we will ensure enough headroom to adjust to those that cancel or reduce their pledges to stay atop our goal.

Thank you!
We can't wait to see this film! Are you still tossing around a calguns norcal/socal shooting event to help raise more and possibly get some footage?
Old 10-04-2012, 9:00 AM

Quote:
The owner of Calguns should charge the cheapskates and penny pinchers a membership fee for accessing his forum.
I'm not kidding. There are thousands of them lurking around and hunting for bargains in the "for sale" section. And they believe everything here should be free - information and gun rights included.
Make the For Sale section open only to active contributors, to people who support our efforts and donate or volunteer. The rest can only get access there after they pay a membership fee.
OK, this is off-topic and I don't want to hijack the thread, but I just want to make a gentle reminder. Let's not second guess anybody's money priorities. There have been times in my life when money was pretty scarce. Not so much any more, so I can contribute to things like Assaulted and the CGF-logo lower group buy. But somebody who is short of cash still needs information about gun rights. Somebody who has hit a rough patch and needs to sell a favorite gun to pay bills isn't helped by us taking a cut of that. As a clever man once said: "I've been rich and I've been poor. Rich is better." As for me, I try not to forget where I came from.
Old 10-04-2012, 9:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher L View Post
That seems like a bad loophole. In theory, couldn't some anti could pledge a big donation, make everyone complacent, and then pull it at the last minute?

EDIT: I guess it actually makes sense, since otherwise Kickstarter projects could be pushed past the goal by a fake donation.
A fake donor still would be committed to paying that amount if it reaches its goal, so I'm not sure it makes sense. I would opt for a one-way traffic spike type system, where you agree to commit to the highest level you've pledged, and you can't go back. This would minimize fraudulent/fake donors, and you make people commit at the time they make the selection (as they should be). If someone's not ready to make that commitment, perhaps they should just hold off until they can. I understand circumstances can change during the duration of the pledge drive, so exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis. At the very least, human review of those cases could minimize the possibility of malicious gaming of the system.
Old 10-04-2012, 9:52 AM
Dates Hi-Profile Chicks
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMP91 View Post
That much is true, however I think we should respect the wishes of anyone who donated that want to remain anonymous if there are any. Although, given how passionate we are about the 2A, I strongly doubt anyone wants to remain anonymous

You don't have to show the names. The end of the credits could read:

"This documentary film was made possible by 839 individual donors, all making a modest contribution because they felt it was important. Without this grassroots effort, our rights will continue to erode. Contact Deadpatriotfilms.com to see how you can become involved."

or something to that effect.
Old 10-04-2012, 9:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_cg View Post
OK, this is off-topic and I don't want to hijack the thread, but I just want to make a gentle reminder. Let's not second guess anybody's money priorities. There have been times in my life when money was pretty scarce. Not so much any more, so I can contribute to things like Assaulted and the CGF-logo lower group buy. But somebody who is short of cash still needs information about gun rights. Somebody who has hit a rough patch and needs to sell a favorite gun to pay bills isn't helped by us taking a cut of that. As a clever man once said: "I've been rich and I've been poor. Rich is better." As for me, I try not to forget where I came from.
Very, very true.

I'm in for $100. It started at $10, and I doubled it to $20. I felt I needed to step it up so I said to myself, forget doubling and I went to $50.00. When the effort was stuck around the mid $20k mark I doubled it again.

I wish I could have done more but with my wife out of work I felt $100 was the best I could do and not be irresponsible.

The point is that we all have breaking points and the amount of the contribution is not the way to measure the person contributing.

We hang together or we will most assuredly hang separately.

E Pluribus Unum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodemonkey View Post
You don't have to show the names. The end of the credits could read:

"This documentary film was made possible by 839 individual donors, all making a modest contribution because they felt it was important. Without this grassroots effort, our rights will continue to erode. Contact Deadpatriotfilms.com to see how you can become involved."

or something to that effect.
I love this idea.

In retrospect, it strikes me that this effort illustrates something with historical precedent relative to the founding.

I'm not sure of the exact membership count here... but it would be interesting to see if 859 854 souls is close to 3%.

Mike

This is the USA. We don't elect kings, we rebel against them!

Last edited by mt4design; 10-04-2012 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: Mistake in number of backers.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:31 AM

Well, just to make sure we stay above the line, I'm in for $500.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertear View Post
Well, just to make sure we stay above the line, I'm in for $500.
SWEET!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
Where is this ammo "Black market" he speaks of? Do they have .223 in stock?
My Home-Made Recurve Bow Thread

Own An 80%? CLICK HERE!

Kevin de Leon, on minority women and profiling.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 AM

SWEET! Can't wait to see it!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharxbyte View Post
I love the picture but not all 858 people who pledged were Calgunners.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Banned

Donated 50$
Old 10-04-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt4design View Post
I'm not sure of the exact membership count here... but it would be interesting to see if 859 854 souls is close to 3%.
Interesting you mention that. I was about to post a message expressing my disappointment with how few CGN members contributed to this effort, but I later decided not to complete it. According to my calculations while typing that message, with an active membership of around 23,000 (you can see the total at the bottom of the main page), the 800 or so contributors ends up being about 3.5%.

However, according to some other estimates, the number of CGN-based contributors is more like half, around 400. That makes it about 1.75%.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
We did it. Only small fraction of Calgunners - eight hundred members out of tens of thousands registered.
The owner of Calguns should charge the cheapskates and penny pinchers a membership fee for accessing his forum.
I'm not kidding. There are thousands of them lurking around and hunting for bargains in the "for sale" section. And they believe everything here should be free - information and gun rights included.
Make the For Sale section open only to active contributors, to people who support our efforts and donate or volunteer. The rest can only get access there after they pay a membership fee.
YES!! YES!! YES!!

Now the film is in the bag how do we unite all Calguns members and gun enthusiasts for the next important fight? I'm so frustrated only hundreds showed up for the cause! Seems if we could simply unify, we could conquer.
“The questions I'd be asking the court would be "This handgun holds 10 rounds and is legal. This one holds 11 and is illegal. What precisely is the benefit to the people of California in that banning that one round? State the number of people who were wrongly killed last year with an 11th round. Why do police get to carry larger capacity magazines? Are their lives more important than those of regular citizens?" -Bugei

"ASSAULTED" Contributor... did YOU donate to help defend our rights?
Old 10-04-2012, 11:04 AM

Just Backed $25
Old 10-04-2012, 11:09 AM

Default New Goal

Take us to $70,000 and we'll do two major premiere screenings of the film in N. and S. CA for Cal Gunners.

Full gala events (formal camo wear will be allowed) to show your friends and families the film that YOU made happen.

Rally to the end!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:38 AM

^^^ the camo wear was just a shot at levity after weeks of tension.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:12 PM

With eight hours to go, it's less than $3,000 to reach $70,000.

Since we'll be in the limelight,you bet when the screening happens it will be news, maybe we should step it up and wear sport coats.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:24 PM
CGSSA Community Leader I.E.

With all the FFL's in the state there is only one backer, can we get the name of this FFL?

I will gladly support this company!
CRPA Member Life
NRA Certified RSO, Pistol & Rifle Instructor
Women On Target Clinic Instructor
Old 10-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Full gala events (formal camo wear will be allowed) to show your friends and families the film that YOU made happen.
I would love to be there … but not in camo.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Take us to $70,000 and we'll do two major premiere screenings of the film in N. and S. CA for Cal Gunners.

Rally to the end!

Will donors get preferred seating?

JK
Old 10-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novaholic View Post
With all the FFL's in the state there is only one backer, can we get the name of this FFL?

I will gladly support this company!
Not completely sure but I believe it was Prince50.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:

Rally to the end!
This would be awesome, just upped my $$$

No camo for me though, a gun rights shirt is a possibility!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willerfortheworld View Post
Why buy a glock, drive a Honda, and drink budlight when you can buy a cz, drive a Subaru and drink heineken?
Priceless
Old 10-04-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroEngi View Post
Not completely sure but I believe it was Prince50.
Darin and Exile Machine both contributed.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroEngi View Post
I love the picture but not all 858 people who pledged were Calgunners.
In name no, but in spirit, yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
Where is this ammo "Black market" he speaks of? Do they have .223 in stock?
My Home-Made Recurve Bow Thread

Own An 80%? CLICK HERE!

Kevin de Leon, on minority women and profiling.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:50 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsDX View Post
A fake donor still would be committed to paying that amount if it reaches its goal, so I'm not sure it makes sense. I would opt for a one-way traffic spike type system, where you agree to commit to the highest level you've pledged, and you can't go back. This would minimize fraudulent/fake donors, and you make people commit at the time they make the selection (as they should be). If someone's not ready to make that commitment, perhaps they should just hold off until they can. I understand circumstances can change during the duration of the pledge drive, so exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis. At the very least, human review of those cases could minimize the possibility of malicious gaming of the system.
Yep. Credit card info entered at pledge time and you confirm to pay this amount when the goal is reached.
We will send this guy to collect for any anti trolls.

I'm stoked it went over the top! Congrats to all...it's a good day in gun land!
-g
Old 10-04-2012, 1:16 PM
Veteran Member

It went down by $500

Who's pulling out?

There's lots of players on the team. Not everyone gets to play "Quarterback". -CEDaytonaRydr
Old 10-04-2012, 1:23 PM

A $1,000 pledge was reduced to $200.

Double and Match to keep us from failing!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 1:32 PM
Veteran Member

Is the goal considered to be reached and the pledges are billable if the total is in excess of the goal at the exact time of the close of the campaign?

The Second Amendment is the one right that is so fundamental that the inability to exercise it, should the need arise, would render all other rights null and void. Dead people have no rights.
Magna est veritas et praevalebit