Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB 1 View Post
Stupid management decisions like dropping the H&R Handi-Rifle
Dropping the H&R single-shot shotguns was another marketing error.
Old 02-14-2018, 7:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Browning View Post
My experience:

1. Internet fanbase says "REMINGTON IS AWESOME!"
2. I spend my own money based on internet saying they are good to go.
3. Remington sends crap product.
4. Remington takes months to refit a stock. Sends back rifle. Rifle still unsafe to shoot.
5. Remington tries again. Fails.
6. Six months after purchase, rifle is finally usable.
7. Document just the facts on the internet.
8. Internet complains, says "REMINGTON IS AWESOME!"
9. Remington goes bankrupt
10. Internet complains, says "REMINGTON IS AWESOME!" and blames bad internet people who describe personal experience.

Did you ever stop to ask yourself why, if nobody agrees with me that Remington now sucks, why they're going under? I wish I could say that it is all my work to bring them down, but alas, I don't think I deserve any credit.

My first gun was a Remington and they made some awesome products up until about 2000. I wouldn't recommend a new Remington to anybody based on my own personal experience using my own money and with no interest or care for what happens to Remington.

Your one example isn't even a drop in the bucket and most who viewed your pictures weren't in agreement with your assessment.
Remington is 200 years old so anything you think you influenced is purely in your head.
The facts don't lie that Remington is the gun of choice for more accuracy minded shooters than all others combined.
We just went through the largest gun buying years in American history and ammo shortages lasted for 5 years. Remington was running around the clock to keep up with demand and demand for outweighed production.
To most when demand is so great it can't be met that is great news for any company. Only a company poorly managed would not survive such a prosperous period.
I read your rant on the centerfire bolt action forum so I doubt you will get any of what was just posted.
Maybe you can do some Google searching about recalls made by Chevrolet and bankruptcy and let us all know how that has affected them today?
www.unlimitedrange.org
Not a commercial business.
URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!
Old 02-15-2018, 5:16 AM

CNBC is now 'suggesting' that the bankruptcy may have to do with avoiding 'legal responsibilities.'

Remington attorney declines to say if bankruptcy would put rifle settlement at risk

Uh, huh.
Old 02-15-2018, 2:56 PM

http://randywakeman.com/TheLatestCha...aChapter11.htm
Old 02-15-2018, 5:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnJr View Post
Your one example isn't even a drop in the bucket and most who viewed your pictures weren't in agreement with your assessment.
Remington is 200 years old so anything you think you influenced is purely in your head.
The facts don't lie that Remington is the gun of choice for more accuracy minded shooters than all others combined.
We just went through the largest gun buying years in American history and ammo shortages lasted for 5 years. Remington was running around the clock to keep up with demand and demand for outweighed production.
To most when demand is so great it can't be met that is great news for any company. Only a company poorly managed would not survive such a prosperous period.
I read your rant on the centerfire bolt action forum so I doubt you will get any of what was just posted.
Maybe you can do some Google searching about recalls made by Chevrolet and bankruptcy and let us all know how that has affected them today?

Thinking that because Chevy emerged OK from Chapter 11 means that Remington will be great fits with your very, very limited ability to make an honest and intellectual assessment. I don't need to do any Google searches, but if you're bored, maybe look up Enron or Lehman Brothers. They also used Chapter 11.

I'm honestly sad for you. You're blindly loyal, and when you're not blindly loyal, your head is in the sand.

Anyway, Remington sucks, the market agrees with me, and that's why they are in bankruptcy.

For Sale: Canik TP9SA, S&W Pre-lock 617, Various Pre lock S&Ws, USFA Engraved gun - NorCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWalkerM View Post
eh why bring logic into this, that makes too much sense... besides when you have bested a fool, you have accomplished nothing and he is a fool.
Old 02-15-2018, 6:42 PM

I am sure there will still be a Remington Arms company in the future. A name that big will never really go away. Here is to hoping that they get there act together like Savage Arms did and become a better company on the other side of their bankruptcy.
Old 02-16-2018, 6:20 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Browning View Post
Thinking that because Chevy emerged OK from Chapter 11 means that Remington will be great fits with your very, very limited ability to make an honest and intellectual assessment. I don't need to do any Google searches, but if you're bored, maybe look up Enron or Lehman Brothers. They also used Chapter 11.

I'm honestly sad for you. You're blindly loyal, and when you're not blindly loyal, your head is in the sand.

Anyway, Remington sucks, the market agrees with me, and that's why they are in bankruptcy.

Like I suspected it flew over your head like the space shuttle in that you didn't even remotely see it.
Enjoy your used marlin and good luck in your future mail order purchases as I am positive those dealing with you can't wait.
www.unlimitedrange.org
Not a commercial business.
URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!
Old 02-16-2018, 9:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Can you say savage, I bought two more last year. Every Savage i have owned has been a great shooter. My friend just bought a savage target rifle in 308 WOW.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:38 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTABIKER View Post
Can you say savage, I bought two more last year. Every Savage i have owned has been a great shooter. My friend just bought a savage target rifle in 308 WOW.
To those that say general internet feedback does not have an influence, the more I see posts like this from respectable people like NOTABIKER, and there have been more and more lately, the more I've considered buying a Savage, wherein times past I have not, other than for their older guns as collector items, and particularly the Model 99.

So it works both ways.

I've seen a lot of credible posts expressing the quality and accuracy of Savage rifles, just as I've seen as many credible posts exposing the questionable quality and flaws from Remington/Marlin/Bushmaster, etc. Likewise, I consider 'John Browning' equally respectable, knowledgeable, and followed his very fair and warranted thread exhibiting his patience and eventual disgust with his Marlin debacle a considerable flag of caution about Marlin products.

And I really like Remington as a brand; or at least their former selves. I have no shortage of older Remingtons in my stables and I am a proponent of the Model 700. However, I've had no wish to buy anything from them these last several years.

Last edited by CALI-gula; 02-17-2018 at 11:42 AM..
Old 02-17-2018, 6:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALI-gula View Post
And I really like Remington as a brand; or at least their former selves. I have no shortage of older Remingtons in my stables and I am a proponent of the Model 700. However, I've had no wish to buy anything from them these last several years.
I see a lot of Remington 700ís through my shop, mostly for barrel threading to put on a muzzle brake, but I also true and rebarrel a bunch of them.

What I see if the guns from the last 12-15 years when they changed over to CNC machines to make the receivers and cheapened the finish work is that the newer receivers are mechanically better, it cosmetically inferior to older guns.
The complaints you hear about Remington 700 quality are primarily in the finish and have nothing to do with the mechanics.

The mechanics are better on the newer guns.
The finish work is better on the older guns.

If your primary concern is the finish quality, you want an older gun.
If your primary concern is accuracy/mechanics, you want a newer gun.

AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Glock, XD and M&P pistols, Benelli and Remington shotguns: barrel, sight, trigger and receiver work.
Most work performed while-you-wait, evening and weekend appointments available.
Founding member of the CAPRC
Old 02-17-2018, 7:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
I see a lot of Remington 700’s through my shop, mostly for barrel threading to put on a muzzle brake, but I also true and rebarrel a bunch of them.

What I see if the guns from the last 12-15 years when they changed over to CNC machines to make the receivers and cheapened the finish work is that the newer receivers are mechanically better, it cosmetically inferior to older guns.
The complaints you hear about Remington 700 quality are primarily in the finish and have nothing to do with the mechanics.

The mechanics are better on the newer guns.
The finish work is better on the older guns.

If your primary concern is the finish quality, you want an older gun.
If your primary concern is accuracy/mechanics, you want a newer gun.
How's the finish on today's high grade Remington 700s?
Old 02-17-2018, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springfield45 View Post
I am sure there will still be a Remington Arms company in the future. A name that big will never really go away. Here is to hoping that they get there act together like Savage Arms did and become a better company on the other side of their bankruptcy.
x2.
agreed
Old 02-17-2018, 7:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB 1 View Post
How's the finish on today's high grade Remington 700s?
The bead blasted stainless guns are beautiful.
I donít see any of the polished/blued ones.
Those tend to be the expensive wood stockd guns that not many people buy.
The vast majority that I see are the cheapest SPS models with sandblasted and black oxided finish.

AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Glock, XD and M&P pistols, Benelli and Remington shotguns: barrel, sight, trigger and receiver work.
Most work performed while-you-wait, evening and weekend appointments available.
Founding member of the CAPRC
Old 02-17-2018, 8:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
The bead blasted stainless guns are beautiful.
I donít see any of the polished/blued ones.
Those tend to be the expensive wood stockd guns that not many people buy.
The vast majority that I see are the cheapest SPS models with sandblasted and black oxided finish.
What's wrong with black oxide? Does it wear off fast or something? Seem to be doing fine on my 783 so far, if that's black oxide finish on it.
Old 02-17-2018, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinCalifornia View Post
CNBC is now 'suggesting' that the bankruptcy may have to do with avoiding 'legal responsibilities.'

Remington attorney declines to say if bankruptcy would put rifle settlement at risk

Uh, huh.

Interesting article. Thanks for posting