Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 01-23-2018, 7:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Akin View Post
Just got this back from Midway USA. They acknowledge that the law grants the exemption, they just don't care because, reasons. I won't be dealing with them for anything from now on. I urge everyone to do the same.

MidwayUSA
Agree

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2018, 8:48 AM

Ammomen is on board! Just got this email

https://imgur.com/a/zhk5w
Old 01-24-2018, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrik View Post
Does anyone know about Palmetto State armory? I emailed them and have not heard back yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_man View Post
PSA is on the list and was confirmed by lweinlan. Their website does not specifically state FFL03 only dealers so may warrant a call to them before ordering.

Palmetto does honor the exception, however they do not have a system in place to enter and track your documents or tag your account. They are asking for each ammo order placed, you must send an email to their compliance dept with the order number so they can clear them individually.

Email is: compliance@palmettostatearmory.com
Old 01-29-2018, 1:18 PM

Just got email confirmation from octanemunitions.com and budsgunshop.com that they both will ship to FFL03+COE.
The list is growing!!!
For Octane Munitions, send and email to info@octanemunitions.com with FFL03, COE, and ID/Driver license to be kept on file.

Last edited by Skypass307; 01-29-2018 at 1:20 PM..
Old 02-01-2018, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Just got this back from Midway USA. They acknowledge that the law grants the exemption, they just don't care because, reasons. I won't be dealing with them for anything from now on. I urge everyone to do the same.
I emailed Larry Potterfield, Founder and CEO (larrypotterfield@midwayusa.com) a few weeks ago but never got any answer.
I do not understand why Midway does not care about its customers in California?
Midway USA knows that they are losing money .. and that's even more bizarre .. ??

They have so much resources, it would take them a very minimal amount of time to setup an automatic online signup system for California FFL03 + CoE.

Last edited by lweinlan; 02-01-2018 at 3:09 PM..
Old 02-01-2018, 3:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lweinlan View Post
I emailed Larry Potterfield, Founder and CEO (larrypotterfield@midwayusa.com) a few weeks ago but never got any answer.
Midway USA knows that they are losing money .. and that's even more bizarre .. ??

They have so much resources, it would take them a very minimal amount of time to setup an automatic online signup system for California FFL03 + CoE.
Send Larry a link of this thread !

Perhaps than he will realise that . . .

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2018, 4:12 PM
#1 Bull Goose Loony
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lweinlan View Post

I'm guessing they have corporate lawyers calling the shots on this. Maybe they figure that it's better to err on the side of caution rather than face a Million Dollar lawsuit (imaginary or not) from the CA DOJ. I can imagine this cowardly Corporate Attorney laying down a piece of paper in front of Larry with the probable profits for ammo in CA and the probable costs of a California law suit.

Or maybe not, maybe they just hate California.

I betcha that as time goes by more and more online ammo dealers will accept the COE / 03 FFL exemption as they see other companies making California profits without any difficulties.
California Rifle and Pistol Association - http://crpa.org/membership/
Sacramento County Sheriff Concealed Carry Info - https://www.sacsheriff.com/Pages/Org.../SIIB/CCW.aspx
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
Old 02-03-2018, 4:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skypass307 View Post
Just got email confirmation from octanemunitions.com and budsgunshop.com that they both will ship to FFL03+COE.
The list is growing!!!
For Octane Munitions, send and email to info@octanemunitions.com with FFL03, COE, and ID/Driver license to be kept on file.
Buds Gunshop and Octane munitions added to the list. Thanks for confirmation on those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaLiberal View Post
I betcha that as time goes by more and more online ammo dealers will accept the COE / 03 FFL exemption as they see other companies making California profits without any difficulties.
Hopefully this is the case.
Old 02-03-2018, 3:27 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

I can confirm that subsequent orders from Brownells do not require you to send them anything again. They must be keeping it on file. Just place your order as normal, sit back, and wait for ammo to show up

"Texans always move them!"
General Robert E. Lee, May 6, 1864 - Battle of the Wilderness
Old 02-04-2018, 3:08 PM

Thanks to everyone for putting this list together. As to the big guys, Brownells gets all my business. Will never buy from Midway again. Even if they are the sole distributor, I'll buy another brand. No excuse for their behavior.
There are lots of good companies willing to stay with us. They are the ones I will support. Brownells got way out in front with their Retro line of rifles, not that it helps us much here but they really put some work into that project and I think it will pay off for them.
I was surprised at how helpful Southern Ohio Gun was, they made it easy for me
to get on their list for shipments.
Old 02-05-2018, 8:42 AM
Calguns Addict

if nobody has said it yet...add Ammofast to the list

California Due to new CA regulations all ammunition will need to be shipped to a licensed FFL holder or a FFL03 and Cert. of Eligibility holder. Please have your FFL or ammunition vendor forward a copy of their license to contact@ammofast.com or fax to 855-297-4404. Please reference order number when sending FFL or license. Failure to do so could possibly delay shipment. No sales to the cities of Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento or San Francisco.

Who do you think "Our" means when they say "Diversity is our strength"?

Old 02-09-2018, 11:49 PM

Pardon if this is a repeat...www.budsgunshop.com and sgammo.com will both ship to an FFL.

Unfortunately, not so for Natchez because as the guy explained, they canít because they are a direct distributor to retail outlets.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:56 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM350 View Post
Pardon if this is a repeat...www.budsgunshop.com and sgammo.com will both ship to an FFL.

Unfortunately, not so for Natchez because as the guy explained, they can’t because they are a direct distributor to retail outlets.
This thread is only about shipping direct to the homes of 03 FFL holders, aka C&R FFLs. This is not a thread about who will ship to a regular FFL dealer.

"Texans always move them!"
General Robert E. Lee, May 6, 1864 - Battle of the Wilderness
Old 02-12-2018, 5:18 PM

So I've been trying to order more .460 (which nobody locally carries the loads I want apparently) and I'm increasingly frustrated by the inability to get it shipped anywhere. Is there any way around paying a $25 transfer fee on a box of 20 rounds??
Old 02-12-2018, 6:13 PM
#1 Bull Goose Loony

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilStig View Post
So I've been trying to order more .460 (which nobody locally carries the loads I want apparently) and I'm increasingly frustrated by the inability to get it shipped anywhere. Is there any way around paying a $25 transfer fee on a box of 20 rounds??

Yes there is.

Git yourself a Curio and Relic 03 FFL and a CA DOJ COE and get ammo shipped to your door. [As long as you don't live in a City that has a local prohibition.]
California Rifle and Pistol Association - http://crpa.org/membership/
Sacramento County Sheriff Concealed Carry Info - https://www.sacsheriff.com/Pages/Org.../SIIB/CCW.aspx
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
Old 02-12-2018, 6:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Yes there is.

Git yourself a Curio and Relic 03 FFL and a CA DOJ COE and get ammo shipped to your door. [As long as you don't live in a City that has a local prohibition.]
What he said
Old 02-12-2018, 9:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Easy. Get some bullets and powder and primers and reload them yourself. If you aren’t a reloader come over, I’m southbay too, I’m fully set up for 460. I shoot more 460 than any other pistol. Between bass pro and Reeds you can find anything you need short of something crazy boutique like a 740 grain bullet load (that wo’t fit an xvr anyways )

Save the transfer fee for bulk buys of high consumption ammo.

Last edited by Whiterabbit; 02-12-2018 at 9:46 PM..
Old 02-12-2018, 10:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Yippee.
I got my paper from Tracy Robertson today.
Now I'm just waiting for the state...
Old 02-12-2018, 10:02 PM
@ the Dark End of the Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
Easy. Get some bullets and powder and primers and reload them yourself. If you arenít a reloader come over, Iím southbay too, Iím fully set up for 460. I shoot more 460 than any other pistol. Between bass pro and Reeds you can find anything you need short of something crazy boutique like a 740 grain bullet load (that woít fit an xvr anyways )

Yes, the 460 is an easy round to reload. Mild to wild, haha!!
Old 02-12-2018, 10:04 PM
@ the Dark End of the Bar

Quote:
Yes there is.

And this ^ too. So easy to get both of those pieces of paper, and so cheap to maintain them.

Theyíve come in so handy over the years. If youíre a gun owner in CA, theyíre about mandatory now, IMHO.
Old 02-13-2018, 8:58 AM
FREELOADER
CGN Contributor

Please ad Georgia Arms to the list.
I made a phone call to them yesterday before an order. They asked me to send in my FFL03+COE to get it on file. They are my goto for 357 SIG.
Send Docs to:gaarms@bellsouth.net
http://www.georgia-arms.com
Thanks,
PatC

Last edited by PatC415; 02-13-2018 at 10:02 AM..
Old 02-13-2018, 9:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatC415 View Post
Please ad Georgia Arms to the list.
http://www.georgia-arms.com
Thanks,
PatC
Thanks for the contribution to the list. Georgia Arms has been added and your post has been linked as confirmation. If you have any info on what their process or procedure is please edit your post to help others know what to expect when they place an order.
Old 02-13-2018, 9:10 AM
FREELOADER
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_man View Post
Thanks for the contribution to the list. Georgia Arms has been added and your post has been linked as confirmation. If you have any info on what their process or procedure is please edit your post to help others know what to expect when they place an order.
DONE.
Thanks rice_man.
Old 02-13-2018, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erichp View Post
Palmetto does honor the exception, however they do not have a system in place to enter and track your documents or tag your account. They are asking for each ammo order placed, you must send an email to their compliance dept with the order number so they can clear them individually.

Email is: compliance@palmettostatearmory.com
FYI Palmetto does not honor and needs to see something in writing that shows what the limitations are for them to ship to a FFL3 this comes directly from John Legare National Sales Supervisor 2-8-2018
Old 02-14-2018, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
Easy. Get some bullets and powder and primers and reload them yourself. If you arenít a reloader come over, Iím southbay too, Iím fully set up for 460. I shoot more 460 than any other pistol. Between bass pro and Reeds you can find anything you need short of something crazy boutique like a 740 grain bullet load (that woít fit an xvr anyways )

I might just take you up on that.

I've considered multiple times to get started reloading, but between the startup cost and the challenge of finding space to store stuff, it really just hasn't been feasible for me.
Old 02-14-2018, 2:27 PM
Calguns Addict

PM any time.

I started for super cheap. I found someone in gilroy getting rid of the basics for cheap on craigslist. Everything else happened over time.

A decent single stage press plus everything you need will fit in a large shoebox. one 4" drawer on a craftsman toolbox. Think about that 4" tall drawer on a 29" craftsman toolbox. You can fit everything you need to make ammo in that space including powder, bullets, everything. A small boot box from container store would hold everything with room to spare.
Old 02-14-2018, 6:25 PM

Quote:
like others pointed out, get a C&R FFL03 + COE and search through the list of friendly ammo supplier (page 1 of this thread).
I started searching for you and ammo.com will ship to your door once you have obtained the FFL03 + COE. Click here to see their 460 ammo. I do not know if their prices are competitive or not and I am not endorsing them.
Here is another dealer who will ship 460 to your door.
You can continue the search through the whole list on page 1 and check if other friendly ammo dealers have 460 ammo. All the ammo dealers on page 1 will ship to you as long as you have a FFL03 + COE.

Last edited by lweinlan; 02-14-2018 at 6:51 PM..