Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Announcements and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Announcements and Suggestions This is a place for suggestions, news and updates about the site.

Old 11-22-2012, 8:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louemon View Post
Hell everyone out there I found out recently a number of states have started petitions to peacefully withdraw from the United States of America some of the states are Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, New Jersey, New york, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas.

If you would like to sign the petitions for California peacefully withdraw from the United States of America.
sign here

URL
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...nment/D9x8bWD2
Ok louemon, where do we meet up at? Hope you have lots of room for our tanks, artillery, bug out vehicles and lots of food stored up. Your starting this so your the guy I'm looking to for protection! Oh and lots of money!! You know you can't just cut us off. We are intitled.

NRA MEMBER
Old 11-22-2012, 8:17 AM

I used to be so anxious to get back to Cali when I left... But recently Ive decided that Im probably going to stay in Texas when I get out of the military...
Old 11-22-2012, 8:59 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
The Union makes us strong.
In what way?
Old 11-22-2012, 9:00 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam8d1 View Post
I used to be so anxious to get back to Cali when I left... But recently Ive decided that Im probably going to stay in Texas when I get out of the military...
I think about moving away from Calif.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile Machine View Post
In the case of Texas, Obama would actually prefer that we left the union. He needs CA's 55 electors for his re-election bid in 2016 so he won't let you guys go so easily. Good luck with your secession attempt and hope to see you after the war.

-Mark
how is he going to pull off a 3rd term, when 2 is max
Old 11-22-2012, 1:21 PM

How about we sign a petition to ban talk of secession
Old 11-29-2012, 7:04 AM
Veteran Member

Be warned, the Defense Security Service is considering if there should be repercussions for government contractors and people with a security clearance who sign secession petitions.
DSS Notice Regarding Secession Petitions
Old 11-29-2012, 7:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komotz View Post
What about the citizens that would like to still be a part of the USA? You can't really tell hundreds of thousands of people to "move to another state", if that happens the seceded states economy will crash.
This states' economy is going to crash anyway.

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Peace, love, and heavy weapons. Sometimes you have to be insistent." - David Lee Roth
Old 11-29-2012, 7:16 AM
No longer in Business
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12voltguy View Post
Simple. He'll sign executive order #22-666 - Suspension of the 22nd amendment, as an emergency measure due to extreme economic collapse. This executive order will also establish "Marshall" law, and herd the masses into FEMA camps. (yes I purposely spelt that word in quotes using the new internet spelling).

-Mark
Old 11-29-2012, 2:12 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

The states have no legal requirement to "petition" the federal government for "permission" to withdraw.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:38 PM

It's no wonder that mainstream society thinks people who enjoy shooting and feel passionately about owning and training with firearms are deranged fanatics. Just because you are unhappy with the current president (which is the case for close to 50% of the population after EVERY election) doesn't mean you should spread your ignorant hyperbole. Though from the sound of it many on here would rejoice at this, but this is why only far right ideologues support your positions. Maybe if you made your arguments about actual issues and policies instead of conjuring the fallen confederacy, you might actually have a chance of gaining mainstream support. You're your own worst enemies!

Last edited by cmtframe; 11-30-2012 at 12:44 PM..
Old 12-11-2012, 3:48 AM

Reaaaally 16 signatures ain't gonna cut it should have voted for Romney not obummer
"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

- General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 12-11-2012, 4:15 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREMEOPS1 View Post
Reaaaally 16 signatures ain't gonna cut it should have voted for Romney not obummer
No amount of signatures will "cut it". If anyone thinks the White House and Obama give a F---, you're delusional.

It would take a full blown revolution... a 2012/2013 version of the civil war, for any state to seriously consider succession from the Union. And even then, I doubt it.

We need to remove and replace our politicians, our non-representing representatives. Succession will not solve our problems.

I sure as hell don't want California to be its own country. It's bad enough just being a state. Can you imagine "President Feinstein" or "President Yee", or some other anti-gun yahoo? Hell F---ing No!
Old 12-11-2012, 7:44 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The problem with CA is not the U.S. govt, it's the citizenry. Secede and they'll still live here.
Old 12-11-2012, 7:46 AM
In Memoriam

good luck with that.
Old 12-11-2012, 9:05 AM

What will be fascinating if Texas manages to get into court and prove they can secede is what are they going to do when the 15 Military bases close? Maybe the US will keep them open like in Afghanistan, Egypt, Iraq and the other hundreds of bases used to 'protect' the US Oil supply. Then the US can put up a Border fence to keep out the illegals. Not sure how Texas will make up the federal revenue shortfall of 10%. When that next hurricane hits, no more FEMA money. Wonder if they have enough people to monitor the Mexico boarder? It will be a boom for Oklahoma, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansans, ATF will have an easier time with monitoring border crossing. I guess the Republican party will have a choice, stay in the US or Texas. Can't have foreign political powers influencing the elections of the US. Man so complicated to secede. I wonder if they will force out the 13% (3,308,124 who voted for Obama) of the population or something worse. Wonder if Texans will pay their portion of the debt in a lump sum or payments.

A Co. 82nd Signal Bn. 87-89
Old 12-11-2012, 9:10 AM

Hear hear! such talk of secession from some is simply foolish. If our team can't win elections, how could one win a civil war? Who are rebels and who are the federals? This California Republic is simply going to go bankrupt and default on all of those pensions and benefits to the sum of $500 billion dollars before our state can start again ... elections have consequences and I assume that our residents are all going to get a very valuable economics lesson in the years to come.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:14 AM

Default another texas tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12voltguy View Post
school after the third grade isn't needed in texas
Old 12-11-2012, 8:13 PM

California has a very vibrant shipping industry but that would die once the blockade starts. Fire arms? What fire arms? The new police state would ban all fire arms unless you're a leo to protect the populous. Your new environmental policies would then ban all vehicles. However I think they would legalize pot at that point, the government needs something to keep us all pacified.
Old 12-12-2012, 7:24 AM
Veteran Member

not only are these whitehouse petitions a complete waste of time but they want far too much info. do you really think ozero will read these?