Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > O.C. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2014, 5:08 PM

Default Best Orange County gunsmith for 1911s

Any recommendations on gunsmiths that do trigger jobs and work on 1911s? I have a Sig 1911 I want to get some work done on.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-28-2014, 8:09 AM

Take a little drive to riverside, jimmy @ 1911 speed shop, amazing work
Old 12-29-2014, 1:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Don at OC Firearms seems to be well regarded....had some springs changed out on a 1911 and he was fast, reasonably priced and seemed qualified. Might want to search a little on him.
Old 01-13-2015, 1:23 PM

+1 west coast gun works in stanton

cool, chill people...even helped me out when i was a walk-in on xmas eve an hour before they were closing.
Old 02-28-2015, 9:06 PM

Exclamation Go see Mark Bunach...

Mark Bunach, the OC Gunsmith:

http://www.ocgunsmith.com/
Phone: 949-306-2028

He did all of my 1911s. Here's some examples of his work:

.45 ACP "Basic" 1911

.45 ACP "MEU-SOC Inspired" 1911

.45 ACP "Custom Duty" 1911

.45 ACP "Custom Compact" 1911

9mm "Bowling Pin Match" 1911

Mr. Bunach did superb trigger jobs (4.5 LB exact), cut sight dovetails and installed sights, installed match barrels and bushings, cut the frames for beavertail grip safeties, installed some magwells, and polished the frame rails. After the TuffKote finishes wore off, I even had him Cerakote them all.

Even now, with me living in VA, I still send my 1911s to him in CA for additional work as needed. I will not let anyone else work on my 1911s. He's been in the business for like 35+ years. He's a master. You won't be disappointed. Cheers! --1911ShooterPhil
Old 03-06-2015, 6:30 PM

Skipper over at Evan's in Orange does very decent trigger work on 1911s.
Old 04-06-2015, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911ShooterPhil View Post
Mark Bunach, the OC Gunsmith:

http://www.ocgunsmith.com/
Phone: 949-306-2028

He did all of my 1911s. Here's some examples of his work:

.45 ACP "Basic" 1911

.45 ACP "MEU-SOC Inspired" 1911

.45 ACP "Custom Duty" 1911

.45 ACP "Custom Compact" 1911

9mm "Bowling Pin Match" 1911

Mr. Bunach did superb trigger jobs (4.5 LB exact), cut sight dovetails and installed sights, installed match barrels and bushings, cut the frames for beavertail grip safeties, installed some magwells, and polished the frame rails. After the TuffKote finishes wore off, I even had him Cerakote them all.

Even now, with me living in VA, I still send my 1911s to him in CA for additional work as needed. I will not let anyone else work on my 1911s. He's been in the business for like 35+ years. He's a master. You won't be disappointed. Cheers! --1911ShooterPhil
I had a very bad experience with him. His "trigger job" consisted of him taking my sear spring (3-pronged one) and clumsily bending it with a pair of pliers.. It was all uneven and scraped up.. Looked like hell and dangerous!! They are supposed to be put in a special jig to bend them which does it cleanly and in a manner to be measured, not in 3 minutes with pliers. He'll gladly charge you $100 flat in cash no refund. Sign in his sea-container office say so.....
Old 04-15-2015, 6:48 PM

Thumbs up I trust Mark Bunach...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunmedic View Post
I had a very bad experience with him. His "trigger job" consisted of him taking my sear spring (3-pronged one) and clumsily bending it with a pair of pliers.. It was all uneven and scraped up.. Looked like hell and dangerous!! They are supposed to be put in a special jig to bend them which does it cleanly and in a manner to be measured, not in 3 minutes with pliers. He'll gladly charge you $100 flat in cash no refund. Sign in his sea-container office say so.....
I have never had any bad experiences with Mark Bunach and I have been doing business with him since about 2005, when his bench was at Ade's Gun Shop, next to the coin store off of Tustin Street. Mr. Bunach has worked on just about all of my guns; plus, he's done work for my Sheriffs Deputy brother, my close friends, and some of my work colleagues. He's been in the gun business for more than three decades. I can tell you that I have used pistols that he has worked on for me in my profession (as a security contractor & consultant), for personal protection (on my CCW permits), and for fun (as a competitive shooter and firearms instructor). I bet my life and my livelihood on his work. Even now, as I currently reside in Virginia, I will not trust my pistols to another gunsmith. I willingly go through the hassle and incur the expense to send my pistols to Mr. Bunach.

By the way, he is no longer in the "sea-container office." Mr. Bunach relocated from behind Ade's Gun Shop. He's now located at:

1135 W Barkley Ave. - Suite C, Orange, CA 92868
Phone: (949) 306-2028

If you have an issue with his workmanship...why don't you contact him? I'm sure Mark would do everything possible to rectify the situation. He is old school. Mark stands behind his product. In all the dealings I've ever had with him; Mark has been honest and wouldn't sell me on services which I didn't need. That's more than I can say for some others in the gun business. That's just my $0.02 on the matter. --1911ShooterPhil