Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2018, 3:51 PM

Has anyone gotten approved selecting a caliber when lower is engraved multi? My stripped lower and PF940c was approved with no issues, just having issues getting my AR pistol approved.
Old 10-16-2018, 7:03 AM

I'd also like to know just like bertskii. I have yet to start the process to register my pistol from an 80 built a few years ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-16-2018, 7:25 AM

All of my lowers were marked multi and I chose interchangeable barrels. They were all kicked backed asking for one caliber due to "system limitiation".

They haven't been kicked back since other than the one that needed pictures.
Old 10-16-2018, 9:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemonstercali View Post
I'd also like to know just like bertskii. I have yet to start the process to register my pistol from an 80 built a few years ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Only one way to find out. Start by requesting a serial # from DOJ and go through the process. It will be a long time before any of us find out via the waiting game.
Old 10-16-2018, 8:49 PM

I have looked in this thread and others and have not seen this question asked.

I have a couple of 80% AR Pistols I made as dimensionaly compliant many years ago. When the AW Registration came around I did not have time to get them engraved with information and submitted as BBAWs and they were disassembled and stripped down to just the lowers with the intention of researching compliant pistol builds and assembling in the future. I want to stay in compliance with the law whether I make them into a pistol again or not so I will need to apply under the option "Requesting serial number for self-manufactured or self-assembled firearm I already possess that does not currently have a unique Department issued serial number or a serial number from a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL)"

At this point my questions are:

1. Can I register them as frame only?
2. Do I need to re-assemble it into a compliant form?
3. For future builds can I request a SN from DOJ, mill receiver and engrave SN and register it in that configuration having never been a fully assembled rifle/pistol?
Old 10-17-2018, 4:40 PM

Got my emails today, like many I had to select a caliber vs multi for one of my builds