Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 12-03-2012, 7:21 PM

Like the grey..not the pink...its hard enough for us ladies to be taken seriously with our pistols, shotguns, AR's...so no pink for me
Old 12-04-2012, 2:18 PM

I actually really want a rich dark spartan red, or marine corp kind red. Grey though is really striking my fancy
Old 12-04-2012, 5:10 PM

The pink is tempting to me, but I'll stick with my dusty purple. Pink is like the OD/FDE for women (way too common, not "unique" anymore, it's the new black...everyone has it).
Old 12-05-2012, 6:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Sorry for being a male in the ladies forum, but I just couldn't help buy take a peek inside. I'm actually in the works of building a "my little pony" AR in bright blue and have the character rainbow dash painted on it. Seeing the photos, I actually like the pink and do sort of want one with pink furniture now.

My question (not to thread jack) is it insulting to the female community that a straight male has one with pink furniture on his AR. This rifle will be for me. I just like things are are not of the status quo
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
OP you are an uninformed tool.
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 12-05-2012, 6:32 PM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

as long as your Borderlands 2 character isn't sporting pink, you're good to go here!

sorry, couldn't resist......LOL.

each to their own, Bumslie, each to their own. i know straight men that love to wear purple shirts. its your $ and your gun so decorate with whatever furniture you desire.

of course, re your little pony project you do know this, right?!

"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 12-05-2012, 6:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
as long as your Borderlands 2 character isn't sporting pink, you're good to go here!

sorry, couldn't resist......LOL.

each to their own, Bumslie, each to their own. i know straight men that love to wear purple shirts. its your $ and your gun so decorate with whatever furniture you desire.

of course, re your little pony project you do know this, right?!

Actually he is lol
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
Quote:
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 12-05-2012, 6:58 PM

Second on the pics, gotta see this.
Old 12-05-2012, 7:05 PM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

you are at least consistent with pink fighting weapons, Bumslie!

pictures mandatory......
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 12-05-2012, 7:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
you are at least consistent with pink fighting weapons, Bumslie!

pictures mandatory......
Sorry no pictures yet. I don't have all the parts yet. Then they will be cerakoted. I'm trying to get an 80% lower engraved with my little pony and the safet selector switch to say "friendship is magical"
I love you! (some Homo)
Quote:
Quote:
Go Broncos!
Go Kings Go!
Old 12-10-2012, 2:40 PM

This is my AR, go black, or go home. Pink is nice and all, but sorry not all girls have to have a pink gun.

Last edited by M1A_Girl; 12-10-2012 at 2:42 PM..
Old 12-11-2012, 3:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph View Post
I agree with the no baby pink thing, but dark hot pink and black is just a cool combination. However, once I get my AR I plan to do this with it (just because all black is boring to me).
:X

were the purple bits dyed by yourself or another or were they purchased somewhere?

male but id like a purple ar someday...
Old 12-11-2012, 8:53 AM

I photoshopped that imaged but I plan to have the parts custom painted.
Old 12-11-2012, 9:46 AM
Veteran Member

No pink here:
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 12-11-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph View Post
I photoshopped that imaged but I plan to have the parts custom painted.
thanks. please post here when you do or pm me. i had a pretty different color and art scheme in mind but it'd be great to know how you or someone had it done for reference. btw, it looks like u r using all magpul furniture? - i know different polymers can react differently to difference processes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligaran View Post
No pink here:
cat makes the picture
Old 12-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinofsleep View Post
cat makes the picture
Thanks!

He doesn't like pink either (he told me so!).
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 12-11-2012, 1:02 PM

I haven't actually gotten the furniture yet (hoping for xmas) but I'll definitely post pics when I get it all put together.
Old 12-13-2012, 8:07 PM

The pink is cute. Younger girls will like it. But my AR is black. I think people are still getting used to the idea of colored guns.
Old 12-15-2012, 7:32 AM

Personally, I like "basic black", too, though when I finally get an AR there is a certain temptation for putting some anodized purple someplace. :-)

The funny thing is, "pink for girls" didn't become custom until the 1940s, and a 1918 apparel industry trade publication actually wrote that "The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl."

Off topic a bit, I know, but the curious will find http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-c...ring-Pink.html an interesting read

Tammy

"Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace." ~ Amelia Earhart

"Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second time you make it." ~ Unknown
Old 12-15-2012, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcwrites View Post
Personally, I like "basic black", too, though when I finally get an AR there is a certain temptation for putting some anodized purple someplace. :-)

The funny thing is, "pink for girls" didn't become custom until the 1940s, and a 1918 apparel industry trade publication actually wrote that "The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl."

Off topic a bit, I know, but the curious will find http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-c...ring-Pink.html an interesting read

Tammy
That article was a real eye opener. Something I had never ever thought of. Thanks for posting.
Old 12-18-2012, 3:58 PM

just bought the anderson AR (zombie edition)...haven't shot it yet....i'll let you know if i can handle the weight/recoil of the gun.... but either way, no pink!! how about green camo where all that pink was....must look real nice....i want a green stock to mine =p
Old 12-26-2012, 6:44 PM

I think it's disrespectful to serious firearms to put pink plastic parts on them. I do, however, like a unique accessory as long as it's not a gun part. Like a pink cheek pad for our scoped M14's, or a case, as long as the gun itself stays the color it's supposed to be. I do, however, want the JAE M14 stock and attachments all in pure white!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLRBs View Post
I think it's disrespectful to serious firearms to put pink plastic parts on them. I do, however, like a unique accessory as long as it's not a gun part. Like a pink cheek pad for our scoped M14's, or a case, as long as the gun itself stays the color it's supposed to be. I do, however, want the JAE M14 stock and attachments all in pure white!
Right, because an inanimate object has feelings.

Pink (which in a monotone world is white) is bad, but a white stormtrooper armor gun that you fantasize about is ok?

Get real.
Old 01-23-2013, 3:17 PM

I personally love my ARs. Rails are a HUGE attraction... I dunno why. I am in absolute love with the new Daniel Defense MFR (modular float rail). I wrote a short blurb about it below where I've included a photo. DROOL!

http://looserounds.com/2013/01/22/sh...ressor-market/.

P.S. Although I've had pink hair for a very long time, I personally do not buy pink products... that's just me though. Hey, if the color gets girls excited about firearms or hunting... I am all for it. Make it polka-dot for all I care. I want more women to shoot.