Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 12-14-2012, 9:48 PM

Default Victor Company Viper Skins BUYER BEWARE...AICS upgrade

So I recently bought a Victor Company Viper Skin. Paid $149 and felt the price was very reasonable.
I own a Accushot Monopod and was not sure if it was going to fit. So I went to the website and looked at the pictures... On the front page Victor Company shows an image of the stock that has the Monopod hole. I thought I was all good.

Well I get the stock and NO hole? WTF?

I email Mike at Victor Company and he tells me he removed it and I have to pay $40.00 to upgrade to the V2 stock get the monopod hole? Huh? Why do I have to pay more for a "standard" feature on the AICS stock?

He said and I quote..."personally don't like monopods so it wasn't important to me as the designer." He further stated "I would cut customers rear skins to accommodate it but it was tedious so we decided to come out with a revised rear skin". He also charged $45.00 to cut it...

Apparently the customers felt is was important.

Here is a picture from the front page of the website showing the older version 1 stock with the hole.... He is advertising something you do not get and no where on the main page does it state the stock is not compatible with the monopod. Buried in his website he advertises the V2 stock but not mentions it on his main page.

Why post a picture of something you do not offer or sell?

Why make buyer pay 30% more of a standard option?

Any event, I just wanted potential buyers to know.

With this said, I do like the stock and think it is a nice upgrade.... I will end up cutting it myself versus paying for the upgrade...

Bodyguard .380 FS/T

Last edited by jvpark; 12-14-2012 at 10:01 PM..
Old 12-15-2012, 2:22 AM

Save the money, you can take it towards buying the new AICS skins now that are out, similar to the Viper ones, and they only cost like $110.
Old 12-15-2012, 6:28 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by floorance View Post
Save the money, you can take it towards buying the new AICS skins now that are out, similar to the Viper ones, and they only cost like $110.
Do you have a link?

Bodyguard .380 FS/T

Old 12-15-2012, 9:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvpark View Post
Do you have a link?
Contact Mile High Shooting Supplies. They should have the AI pistol grip skins.

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

NRA Memberships at Discounted fee
Old 12-15-2012, 10:45 PM

They have them there, if you are a SH member you save another 5% i believe. Melissa there has been helpful in my past dealings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mute View Post
Contact Mile High Shooting Supplies. They should have the AI pistol grip skins.
Old 12-16-2012, 5:07 PM

Buyer beware? Sounds like you did not do your due diligence as a consumer before buying a product. I wouldn't say the V2 rear skins are buried in his web page, they are the second item under the Products tab. I can agree with Michael on how he thought it wasn't that important to include a monopod mounting location. In the precision rifle competition game, which Mike competes in, no one uses a monopod. As for the actual product itself, there is no comparison with the Viperskins to the AI AICS Legacy skins. Several reports on Sniper's Hide is that the AI Legacy skins do not fit properly and feel cheap. Viperskins are the tried and true original, AI Legacy skins were a rush to market solution to the Viperskins.
Old 12-16-2012, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofasterdammit View Post
AI Legacy skins were a rush to market solution to the Viperskins.
This^^^
Old 12-16-2012, 7:23 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofasterdammit View Post
Buyer beware? Sounds like you did not do your due diligence as a consumer before buying a product. I wouldn't say the V2 rear skins are buried in his web page, they are the second item under the Products tab. I can agree with Michael on how he thought it wasn't that important to include a monopod mounting location. In the precision rifle competition game, which Mike competes in, no one uses a monopod. As for the actual product itself, there is no comparison with the Viperskins to the AI AICS Legacy skins. Several reports on Sniper's Hide is that the AI Legacy skins do not fit properly and feel cheap. Viperskins are the tried and true original, AI Legacy skins were a rush to market solution to the Viperskins.
Explain the pictures on the Viper Skin page?

Why have a picture of a feature that is not on the skin?

Bodyguard .380 FS/T

Old 12-17-2012, 4:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvpark View Post
Explain the pictures on the Viper Skin page?

Why have a picture of a feature that is not on the skin?
Argue with the store, not calguns.
Old 12-17-2012, 7:53 AM

Hello Jeffery-

Thank you for your purchase. It appears you have mislead yourself- that hole which was on our first run of skins was never designed to work with the old AICS Accushot monopod, it was designed to work with the newer one that BT is working on. I ended up taking the hole off because most people in fact do not use the monopod and if you want the hole there, it's simple enough to drill yourself.

You are absolutely the first customer to ever complain about this. If you had taken 10 seconds to ask me I would have told you that the Accushot Monopod does not fit with out modification. I do not mislead my customers.

I have offered you repeatedly your money back, my main interest in having satisfied customers. As you may guess, in the very small world of tactical precision rifles there is not a lot of money to be made in selling just skins or small items. I do it because I love the sport and the people, anyone who knows me will attest to (and there are a lot of shooters in this sport that know me).

Your title of this thread is misleading, since my buyers of my products do not have to BEWARE, they always come first.

Now I would like you to return your skins for a full refund.

Thank you,

Michael Victor
Victor Company USA
www.victorcompanyusa.com
Old 12-17-2012, 8:43 AM
Veteran Member

Michael Victor is a class act and one of the nicest guys I've had the pleasure of shooting with. Its my understanding that he does this for his love of the sport and to make products he wants to use himself.

I recommend you just drill the hole yourself or return them for a refund. Personally im %100 against monopods anyway.

The viperskins are a great product and are no doubt much better quality then factory AI skins.
Old 12-17-2012, 8:59 AM
Calguns Addict

Bam! The whisperer has spoken.

Seriously, "buyer beware" for not doing your homework?

MV has been in this game for a while and is one of the nicest guys you'll ever shoot with. The fact that you're the only one to ever complain about this "issue" should say something. Skip the monopod.