Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Libertatem Vivit Hic
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud99 View Post
Tent city, it works in Arizona...
^^^^^This!

Disclaimer:
Any posts by me are intended to be for informational purposes only and are not legal advice. No attorney/client relationship is formed.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:01 PM
AKA: Joe Censored

The officers could just be sending the info to the DA and the felons could be charged at a later date for felon in possession of a firearm. Just because they weren't arrested on the spot doesn't mean they are free and in the clear.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:13 PM

Criminals are a protected class. That is why we have a catch and release policy to ensure their numbers do not decline to dangerously low levels.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meplat View Post
This is all bull****, softening up the public to applaud gun confiscation.
It's confiscating from prohibited persons though. It's not gun confiscations from a law abiding citizen.
So I'm not too terribly sure what the problem is (honest statement, not trying to argue).
Whether you believe felons should be prohibited or not, that's a large part of the pro-gun argument... to keep the guns out of the prohibited hands in the first place.

On a related note: IMO what would be best is if someone is convicted of something that prohibits them from owning a firearm, right then and there we should see if they have firearms registered (since in this state, we do have those records already). Why backlog any of it? Why not go take them then and there?
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 02-07-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stix213 View Post
The officers could just be sending the info to the DA and the felons could be charged at a later date for felon in possession of a firearm. Just because they weren't arrested on the spot doesn't mean they are free and in the clear.
That is not in the best interest of the people.
Old 02-07-2013, 1:13 PM
AKA: Joe Censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhecker51 View Post
That is not in the best interest of the people.
When has the best interest of the people been the most important thing to the DOJ?
Old 02-07-2013, 1:20 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkevin View Post
Agreed, odd these parole violations didn't end with some additional incarations...
Not odd at all, it's the logical conclusion to "gun violence" and a society like CA where our legislators believe in external motivation. The person isn't bad because they are bad, the gun made them do it. And there's no such thing as a character flaw. Remove the gun and the person will behave.
Old 02-07-2013, 1:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meplat View Post
This is all bull****, softening up the public to applaud gun confiscation.
If you're saying this was all part of a grand scheme to get the public used to confiscation that seems a bit
Old 02-07-2013, 1:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Says who? You? And why do you know better than those involved in the operation?

Says common sense and the logic that has served me well: If a felon is found with a firearm, they are in violation of the law and parole, if they are on parole. The fact that they are felons with a gun would mean they are guilty of another felony and a possible danger to the public. Danger to the public notwithstanding, we jail people for much less. Since when have those suspected of felonies not been arrested? Remember that felons with a firearm are guilty of a FELONY.
Old 02-07-2013, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedCMT View Post
i think this only applied to non violent drug related third strikers but im not 100% on that. I also have a coworker whos bf's brother is supposed to be getting out of prison and thats his situation.

I dont understand how these guys didnt end up back in jail.
Regarding the one size fits all three strikes law:
Violent felony one:
1. Domino's driver convicted of felony assault on two persons that robbed him. Both robbery suspects required hospitalization.
Violent felony two:
2. Convicted of beating an armed burglar in his apartment. Felony aggravated battery.

These two violent felony convictions were for beating felons in the act of committing another felony. One more and he goes away for life. Had he shot them, this would not be an issue. He used his fists. This person is my brother. His wife died last year due to complications from being beaten during a car jacking.

Yep. He is the new definition of dangerous criminal that is only a threat to those that threaten him or his family.

The lunatics run the asylum here in this state.
Old 02-07-2013, 2:02 PM

it would be nice to just get rid of 2/3 of the CA prison population by killing them.

I think that is external motivation to behave.

The liberals want to blame guns because of their failed policies,
Old 02-07-2013, 2:14 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhecker51 View Post
Says common sense and the logic that has served me well: If a felon is found with a firearm, they are in violation of the law and parole, if they are on parole. The fact that they are felons with a gun would mean they are guilty of another felony and a possible danger to the public. Danger to the public notwithstanding, we jail people for much less. Since when have those suspected of felonies not been arrested? Remember that felons with a firearm are guilty of a FELONY.
Yup, they'll get their day in court. If they would have hauled off those guys to jail at time of arrest they would have seized even less than five guns, since they would have needed to book them, etc.

They were likely low risk felons. Granted, they still should not have guns, but the agents made a judgement call which they have the authority to do so.