Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 4:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Thanks! (sure wish Placer was on that list.... )

I was wondering something: Since Placer doesn't accept self defense as GC, would it not be wise to write "I wish to carry a firearm for self defense and the defense of my family because __________" and then fill in the blank with my good cause statements? Should i leave out Self Defense all together, or show that i will be defending myself and my family from the situations that i provide them?

Most civilization is based on cowardice. It's so easy to civilize by teaching cowardice. You water down the standards which would lead to bravery. You restrain the will. You regulate the appetites. You fence in the horizons. You make a law for every movement. You deny the existence of chaos. You teach even the children to breathe slowly. You tame.
People Should Not Be Afraid Of Their Governments, Governments Should Be Afraid Of Their People

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 12-04-2010, 4:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPirate View Post
Thanks! (sure wish Placer was on that list.... )

I was wondering something: Since Placer doesn't accept self defense as GC, would it not be wise to write "I wish to carry a firearm for self defense and the defense of my family because __________" and then fill in the blank with my good cause statements? Should i leave out Self Defense all together, or show that i will be defending myself and my family from the situations that i provide them?
I know it's getting old, but really, hang tight.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 12-04-2010, 9:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

All 392 pages of Alameda's GC statements have been uploaded Here

Member, CRPA Board of Directors
"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." - Edmund Burke

Search Calguns using Google
CGN Search plugin for Firefox & IE CA Shotgun AW ID Flowchart CA Handgun AW ID Flowchart CA Senate CA Assembly Anti-2A Search Plugin
Old 12-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
I know it's getting old, but really, hang tight.
Unless Placer accepts Self Defense as Good Cause as soon as January of 2011, I'm going to need to make sure I go about it the right way. If you guys can make it happen, I'll hold off a bit....but I'm ready now!!!!

Most civilization is based on cowardice. It's so easy to civilize by teaching cowardice. You water down the standards which would lead to bravery. You restrain the will. You regulate the appetites. You fence in the horizons. You make a law for every movement. You deny the existence of chaos. You teach even the children to breathe slowly. You tame.
People Should Not Be Afraid Of Their Governments, Governments Should Be Afraid Of Their People

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 12-06-2010, 8:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Can someone start a separate sticky for counties that have "***Time to Apply!***" status (Sacto, Merced, San Joaquin, etc.)?
Old 12-08-2010, 8:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN ContributorCGN Contributor - Lifetime

I'm not sure of the date of the PRA requests but, would it help if those of us that have received our CCWs recently were to send our GC statements to Calguns Foundation for posting?

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
"Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not."
Thomas Jefferson.
"a system of licensing the right of
self-defense, which doesn’t recognize self-defense as “good cause”
Don Kilmer
Old 12-08-2010, 9:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple K View Post
I'm not sure of the date of the PRA requests but, would it help if those of us that have received our CCWs recently were to send our GC statements to Calguns Foundation for posting?
Sure, why not? It'll be redacted of course.
Old 12-09-2010, 5:54 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Woohoo! A new Christmas present appears overnight under the Christmas tree -- Marin!

That bumps us up to 15 counties -- over 1/4th of all counties in CA -- and there's still more than "two weeks" until Christmas.
Old 12-09-2010, 5:27 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

From 11/30:
Quote:
Originally Posted by choprzrul View Post
8 down, 50 to go...
Watching them drop like flies. 15 down & 43 to go now: 12/09/2010

It always seems like the process is moving at a crawl, but then I reflect back. 7 more counties added in under 2 weeks. Lots of work in the background. I wonder if you guys know just how much your efforts are appreciated.

Last edited by choprzrul; 12-09-2010 at 5:30 PM..
Old 12-09-2010, 8:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
It always seems like the process is moving at a crawl, but then I reflect back. 7 more counties added in under 2 weeks. Lots of work in the background. I wonder if you guys know just how much your efforts are appreciated.
The Sunshine volunteer team is working their *** off and kind words like this mean a lot to them.

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 12-16-2010, 9:33 PM

San Bernardino county any time soon? I am trying to apply sometime in January.
Old 12-20-2010, 2:18 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Are we stuck @ 15 counties? Can we lobby our county supervisors or someone else to help expedite?

Living in slow, slow SLO county, I should have anticipated them taking forever to cough up the info.

Old 12-27-2010, 1:54 PM

Any action from Shasta yet?
Old 01-17-2011, 8:18 AM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

In reading about the California Public Records Act here, it would seem that they must immediately provide access to CCW records if I appear at their office in person during normal business hours. I could then manually parse the records for those which have a good cause statement that closely mirrors my own statement. At that point, I could make a note of the person's name on the applications and submit a request for a hard copy. I fully realize that they don't have to provide times and addresses of vulnerability per 6254:

Quote:
(u) (1) Information contained in applications for licenses to
carry firearms issued pursuant to Section 12050 of the Penal Code by
the sheriff of a county or the chief or other head of a municipal
police department that indicates when or where the applicant is
vulnerable to attack or that concerns the applicant's medical or
psychological history or that of members of his or her family.
(2) The home address and telephone number of peace officers,
judges, court commissioners, and magistrates that are set forth in
applications for licenses to carry firearms issued pursuant to
Section 12050 of the Penal Code by the sheriff of a county or the
chief or other head of a municipal police department.
(3) The home address and telephone number of peace officers,
judges, court commissioners, and magistrates that are set forth in
licenses to carry firearms issued pursuant to Section 12050 of the
Penal Code by the sheriff of a county or the chief or other head of a
municipal police department.
Where am I off base in the process? I would like to know how many CCW permits are being reported by SLO county to CA DOJ and cross reference that number to what I am given access to by their staff.

If I could get 5 or 6 other CalGun'rs from the area to go with me, I would think that we could parse the records in a very short time. We would come away with a list of names that we want hard copies of good cause statements.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock6.3 View Post
Any action from Shasta yet?
Old 02-10-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
In reading about the California Public Records Act here, it would seem that they must immediately provide access to CCW records if I appear at their office in person during normal business hours. I could then manually parse the records for those which have a good cause statement that closely mirrors my own statement. At that point, I could make a note of the person's name on the applications and submit a request for a hard copy. I fully realize that they don't have to provide times and addresses of vulnerability per 6254:

Where am I off base in the process? I would like to know how many CCW permits are being reported by SLO county to CA DOJ and cross reference that number to what I am given access to by their staff.

If I could get 5 or 6 other CalGun'rs from the area to go with me, I would think that we could parse the records in a very short time. We would come away with a list of names that we want hard copies of good cause statements.
You should bring a camera (preferably digital) along with you and take photos of all applications. If the clerk objects to the photographing of applicants' addresses, cover them up with a post-it. Many digital cameras come with a special setting for photographing documents.
Old 02-12-2011, 3:58 PM

Ive got a portable scanner. What's the policy on making your own copies. That used to be an impediment, them charging small fortunes for coPies claiming 'expenses'.
Old 02-12-2011, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Are we stuck @ 15 counties? Can we lobby our county supervisors or someone else to help expedite?

Living in slow, slow SLO county, I should have anticipated them taking forever to cough up the info.

Need help with this? Can these records be accessed in Grover beach office? I might be able to helP if needed
Old 02-14-2011, 7:52 PM

All these folks that are waiting for 'Good Cause' statements for a county:
California is a 'May Issue' state. The issuance of a CCW is entirely at the discretion of the Sheriff. A Self Defense' statement (from you) may not be accepted as valid while a 'Self Defense' statement from someone that carries forty thousand in cash about during the day or a retired LEO who can claim danger from folk that (s)he has dealt with in the past would be valid. LEGALLY...
Old 02-14-2011, 8:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom1394 View Post
California is a 'May Issue' state. The issuance of a CCW is entirely at the discretion of the Sheriff. A Self Defense' statement (from you) may not be accepted as valid while a 'Self Defense' statement from someone that carries forty thousand in cash about during the day or a retired LEO who can claim danger from folk that (s)he has dealt with in the past would be valid. LEGALLY...
Not sure what your point is?

"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco?"
Old 02-14-2011, 8:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you're saying here, but the current law of this circuit (9th) under Guillory v. Gates is that the equal protection clause applies.

From Guillory:

In addition, we note that at oral argument before this court, the county took the position that it was not bound by the fourteenth amendment equal protection clause, apparently on the theory that the second amendment somehow supersedes it whenever the state's regulation of firearms is at issue. This wholly unsubstantiated position in itself seems to be evidence of the county's official policy of indifference to fourteenth amendment protections.
Old 02-15-2011, 4:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
You know what my Sheriff would say about carrying that much cash, don't carry that much cash around and if you need help call 911. And the retired LEO is probably a golfing buddy.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:05 AM

Any updates on Butte county?

Thank you!!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:35 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Another 2-post armchair quarterback...

Retired law enforcement officers are considered as regular citizens for the purposes of Equal Protection. Silveira.

An authority who exercises discretion must apply that discretion equitably. Guillory.

The Second Amendment protects a fundamental right of self-defense, including by means of functional firearms for immediate use. Heller. McDonald.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 03-24-2011, 3:02 PM

No new data since December 2010????
Old 03-25-2011, 6:07 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Tell me that you will be releasing GC statements for SLO county later this evening....

Old 03-25-2011, 6:21 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock6.3 View Post
No new data since December 2010????
Whatever data that has been released by counties is undergoing redaction and will be published as available. Anything not voluntarily released by counties, obviously, will be pursued; see, e.g., CGF v. Ventura.

Old 06-02-2011, 3:27 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Whatever data that has been released by counties is undergoing redaction and will be published as available. Anything not voluntarily released by counties, obviously, will be pursued; see, e.g., CGF v. Ventura.
Over 2 months since the last post in this thread. Any updates for us?

Old 06-02-2011, 3:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Over 2 months since the last post in this thread. Any updates for us?
I can only think of one county we have data for and haven't posted yet (Santa Clara), which was held off pending the lawsuit. Those will be up very soon.

We will resolve CGF v. Ventura before going after any others since it directly bears on the exemptions claimed by the withholding agencies.

Old 06-02-2011, 3:45 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I can only think of one county we have data for and haven't posted yet (Santa Clara), which was held off pending the lawsuit. Those will be up very soon.

We will resolve CGF v. Ventura before going after any others since it directly bears on the exemptions claimed by the withholding agencies.
Thank you for the info Brandon. Much appreciated.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
There is at least one more county!
Old 06-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Veteran Member

Any new news on Santa Cruz County?
Old 06-12-2011, 12:00 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Santa Cruz good cause statements have been up a while: http://calgunsfoundation.org/resourc...anta-cruz.html

Old 06-19-2011, 1:18 AM

Any news on placer?
Old 07-22-2011, 6:55 PM

Any good news on San Diego County. Specifically the city of Carlsbad?
Old 08-18-2011, 11:26 AM

ANY NEWS OF RIVERSIDE COUNTY?
Old 08-18-2011, 7:37 PM

did San Bernardino get done sorry if i missed it
thank you
rob
Old 09-02-2011, 7:45 AM

+1 for Riverside County... I'm really itching over here.
Old 09-03-2011, 9:17 AM
Calguns Addict

Go CoCo County
Old 09-19-2011, 12:49 PM

Ventura appears on the wrong list

Great work and thanks for all you do.Its great to see "Self-protection" in there instead of the page long justifications some of us did. Equal protection its a great thing.
Closed Thread