Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2015, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
_actionalex_ and rvicta already use this hashtag on IG. We should all start using it as a way to foster the brotherhood and to keep tabs on each other...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I'm _actionalex_ !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2015, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger945 View Post
True. But the term "Pacific Islander" also denotes ethnicity and not just geographic location. So the term can go either way. In fact, if one looks at the Chamorros (Guam natives), they can be mistaken for Filipinos. There's a theory that the same group of people - the Austronesians - inhabited Guam and the Philippines, with the latter just going further "west" to find new lands. Hence, the ancient practices in the Philippines, including habitat, religion, ways of preparing food, etc., resemble Guam's or vice-versa.

So, if Chamorros are Pacific Islanders by ethnicity, and a Filipino describes himself/herself as Pacific Islander, who's to argue? Unless one is limiting the term to geographic location, it's kinda tough.

Just thought I would share... And yeah, I can share more, if one is so inclined.

I guess this is how I check in? Count me in mga 'tol!
With all due respect to everybody and no offense meant to anybody, Guam used to be called "Ladrones island" by the Spanish conquistadores in the Philippine Island(that was). That island was where the Cabrons or thief are exiled by the Spanish government. its not surprising that they look like Filipinos and with surname like Filipinos.
Aking dalawang sentimo bro. para sa ating kaalaman. pasensiya na sa mga ibang kapatid.
Old 08-28-2015, 5:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellnBack View Post
With all due respect to everybody and no offense meant to anybody, Guam used to be called "Ladrones island" by the Spanish conquistadores in the Philippine Island(that was). That island was where the Cabrons or thief are exiled by the Spanish government. its not surprising that they look like Filipinos and with surname like Filipinos.
Aking dalawang sentimo bro. para sa ating kaalaman. pasensiya na sa mga ibang kapatid.
Hmmm. Interesting. I did not know that Filipinos were exiled in Guam... However, the term "Ladrones Island" was coined because the Spaniards, in their pursuit of Moluccas for spices, docked in Guam to replenish and recharge. When they did, their belongings were stolen by the natives, and hence, such Spaniards called the whole island "Ladrones Island." I don't think the term was coined because Filipino thieves were exiled there... I could be wrong though, and have been many times
Old 08-29-2015, 5:30 PM

Me me me ! Lol
Old 09-13-2015, 8:00 PM

@ Bro Trigs, At least that what I've learned in our history class, LOL, aside from whatyou just have said.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:33 AM

Pinoy for life par'e!