Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-01-2014, 6:22 PM
Bushwack44's Avatar
Bushwack44 Bushwack44 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,866
iTrader: 32 / 100%
Default ~ Easy (but not for me) PPT question.

Can I PPT two handguns within a 10 day period?

For example: If I ppt a handgun on Dec 1 (and out of DROS on Dec 10), can I start a ppt on another handgun between Dec 2 - 9?

Thank you.
__________________
.
Facts are to liberals as kryptonite is to Superman.
...

Feed a man a fish, he eats for a day (Democrat).
Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime (Republican).
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-01-2014, 6:36 PM
claylakers's Avatar
claylakers claylakers is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Riverside
Posts: 2,597
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

Yup, I have had a few such instances and there is no issue
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-01-2014, 7:26 PM
Bushwack44's Avatar
Bushwack44 Bushwack44 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,866
iTrader: 32 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by claylakers View Post
Yup, I have had a few such instances and there is no issue
Thanks.
__________________
.
Facts are to liberals as kryptonite is to Superman.
...

Feed a man a fish, he eats for a day (Democrat).
Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime (Republican).
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-01-2014, 7:43 PM
Quiet's Avatar
Quiet Quiet is offline
retired Goon
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Bernardino County
Posts: 22,525
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

PPT are exempt from the 1 in 30 day wait. [PC 27535(b)(8)]

So, you can legally PPT multiple handguns at the same time.



Penal Code 27535
(a) No person shall make an application to purchase more than one handgun within any 30-day period.
(b) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to any of the following:
(8) Any transaction conducted through a licensed firearms dealer pursuant to Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 28050).

Penal Code 28050
(a) A person shall complete any sale, loan, or transfer of a firearm through a person licensed pursuant to Sections 26700 to 26915, inclusive, in accordance with this chapter in order to comply with Section 27545.

Penal Code 27545
Where neither party to the transaction holds a dealer's license issued pursuant to Sections 26700 to 26915, inclusive, the parties to the transaction shall complete the sale, loan, or transfer of that firearm through a licensed firearms dealer pursuant to Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 28050).
__________________


"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-01-2014, 7:54 PM
Bushwack44's Avatar
Bushwack44 Bushwack44 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,866
iTrader: 32 / 100%
Default

Thanks. I'm curious...Will these provisions change (or any laws regarding ppt) starting Jan 1, 2015?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
PPT are exempt from the 1 in 30 day wait. [PC 27535(b)(8)]

So, you can legally PPT multiple handguns at the same time.



Penal Code 27535
(a) No person shall make an application to purchase more than one handgun within any 30-day period.
(b) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to any of the following:
(8) Any transaction conducted through a licensed firearms dealer pursuant to Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 28050).

Penal Code 28050
(a) A person shall complete any sale, loan, or transfer of a firearm through a person licensed pursuant to Sections 26700 to 26915, inclusive, in accordance with this chapter in order to comply with Section 27545.

Penal Code 27545
Where neither party to the transaction holds a dealer's license issued pursuant to Sections 26700 to 26915, inclusive, the parties to the transaction shall complete the sale, loan, or transfer of that firearm through a licensed firearms dealer pursuant to Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 28050).
__________________
.
Facts are to liberals as kryptonite is to Superman.
...

Feed a man a fish, he eats for a day (Democrat).
Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime (Republican).
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-01-2014, 8:25 PM
Librarian's Avatar
Librarian Librarian is offline
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Concord
Posts: 37,097
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwack44 View Post
Thanks. I'm curious...Will these provisions change (or any laws regarding ppt) starting Jan 1, 2015?
No.
__________________
[Carol Ann voice]The Legislature is baaa-ack .... [/Carol Ann voice]

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Garv's Avatar
Garv Garv is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SoCal South Bay
Posts: 5,225
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Can not do this in city of Los Angeles. They have a 1 in 30 rule for all gun transfers. I found out the hard way when Turners in Reseda would not process a PPT for me because I had one going already.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:08 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.