Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Official Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Official Events Booths, Gun Show Events and other Official occasions. (Limited Posting)

Old 08-16-2011, 8:28 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Good question. The plans are to have a similar shoot 6 months off in the north (middle) of California. Once the Corona210 is done we'll start the machine on the next event. All help gratefully accepted.

-Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricochet View Post
I don't want to hijack this event thread but will there be a similar event closer to San Jose (San Francisco Bay Area) ?
Commerce without morality
Science without humanity
Worship without sacrifice
Politics without principle
- Ghandi, Mohandas (The Blunders of the World)
Rights without responsibilities
- Ghandi, Arun
Old 08-16-2011, 9:33 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by S dot View Post
Sadly cannot attend.

By the way am I the only one that noticed that they flyer and website states the United States Constitution was signed September 17, 1788?

It was signed September 17, 1787.

This is a great event, it would be great if we could spread the right date too. Thanks. Not trying be to the history police, but this is a pretty important date for all Americans.
Fixed.

Thanks for alerting us!
Old 08-16-2011, 9:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Tagged
Old 08-16-2011, 10:11 PM

Edit: found the answer on appleseed page sorry!

"I do not agree with a word you say, Sir, but I will fight to the DEATH for your RIGHT to say it!"

Last edited by sima09; 08-16-2011 at 10:20 PM.. Reason: found the answer!!! :)
Old 08-17-2011, 8:53 AM

I don't know why they make these things so expensive, I have those days off with is a surprise to me, I never get days off when good things like this happen, but oouch that is too much for my pocket book
Old 08-17-2011, 9:04 AM
CGSSA Director
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude Robert View Post
I don't know why they make these things so expensive, I have those days off with is a surprise to me, I never get days off when good things like this happen, but oouch that is too much for my pocket book
If you don't meet any of the discount exemptions, you can use this code for $10 off (NWC21010). It's good per purchase, so if you sign up you and a girl for both days, do it separately. The cost for you would be $60, and she would be FREE.
Old 08-17-2011, 1:50 PM

Where in Corona? Is there overnight camping there? I can't find the details.
Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000.
The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.
Old 08-17-2011, 2:06 PM

http://www.raahauges.com/

Pistols and rifles and shotguns, oh my!
Old 08-17-2011, 4:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

What time does it end each day? I'm thinking of coming down from Sacramento to visit family (in the evenings) in San Diego, if there's enough time afterward each day.

NRA Life Member (Benefactor level)

"Those who give up some of their liberty in order to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty, nor safety." B. Franklin
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or competition shooting. It's all about your inalienable rights to life and liberty.
Old 08-17-2011, 7:30 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotEnufGarage View Post
What time does it end each day? I'm thinking of coming down from Sacramento to visit family (in the evenings) in San Diego, if there's enough time afterward each day.
usually around 430pm

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Old 08-18-2011, 1:27 AM
Veteran Member

Signed up for me and my friend for both days. What exactly are we doing? I didn't get any info off the site and all I can garner is that we are going to line up and shoot off rounds at the same time so there are 210 guns at the line going off altogether. That is not going to take all day, both days... what are we supposed to bring, a gun, 2 guns? How many rounds of ammo? What can we expect?
Old 08-18-2011, 2:47 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Signed up for me and my friend for both days. What exactly are we doing? I didn't get any info off the site and all I can garner is that we are going to line up and shoot off rounds at the same time so there are 210 guns at the line going off altogether. That is not going to take all day, both days... what are we supposed to bring, a gun, 2 guns? How many rounds of ammo? What can we expect?
That's just the opening volly

Appleseed is a rifle fundamentals / marksmanship training program mixed with historical stories
http://appleseedusa.org/index.html

You will each need:
Rifle preferably a 22lr
apx 500 rounds
Sling
and everything else listed here
http://appleseedusa.org/as_prepare.html
Old 08-18-2011, 9:14 AM
Arizona Ex-Pat

I am providing a few links:
1st Appleseed subforum here on Calguns: http://calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=222

2nd Appleseed basics post here on Calguns: http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=386767

The Appleseed basics tells you what to bring and what to expect. Come prepared for hot weather: easy up, liquids and such.

This is 2 full days of shooting, so bring lots of liquids and food and such.

22lr are fine, so are AR's, Mini-14s, bolt actions, Mosins, Garands, whatever rifle you can bring 500 rounds for and shoot 500 rounds thru without wrecking yourself.

The basics of the 2 days is "learn basic rifle marksmanship", "learn to use a 2 point sling using 3 methods", learn to use the rifle with a sling in a Standing, sitting and prone position, become accustomed to transitions from stand to sitting and prone and mag changes, learn NPOA, Six steps to firing a shot, steady hold factors in all 3 positions, cadence and other. Then when you think you have it all down and you are shooting 4moa at 25 yards, shoot the Army Qualifying Test in a timed, multi position, transitioning, mag changing test of your learned skill! Magic score is 210 for a riflemens patch.

Quote:

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Old 08-18-2011, 1:14 PM
Made in the USA

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
If you don't meet any of the discount exemptions, you can use this code for $10 off (NWC21010). It's good per purchase, so if you sign up you and a girl for both days, do it separately. The cost for you would be $60, and she would be FREE.
please clarify... based on first post, it looks like it would be $90 for me & gf for one day... I must be missing something?

(I'm not the person you replied to, but I was in this thread trying to determine price)...
Old 08-18-2011, 2:26 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
please clarify... based on first post, it looks like it would be $90 for me & gf for one day... I must be missing something?

(I'm not the person you replied to, but I was in this thread trying to determine price)...
your calculations are pretty much correct but you can save $10 dollars.

$45 for you - add code and you get $10 discount so $35
$5 for GF - add code and you get $10 discount so $0

you = $35 w/code
GF = $0 w/code

Range fee will be $20 ea so $40

total $75

Old 08-18-2011, 2:28 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

When I think something is "expensive" it is because I don't think it is worth the price.

Perspective...

$100 for a weekend of top notch rifle instruction. Most people can turn $100 of ammo into noise without really learning anything in an hour at the range. Many people will drop $600 on a rifle but never really learn how to use it.

If you paid for your weekend and purchased a Rifleman Opportunity Card (ROC) for $20 (total cost of $120) we waive our instructional fee for a year or until you can qualify as an expert rifleman on the AQT.

I'm not aware of any other organization that will give you free instruction for a year or until you can score expert for a $120. And when we say expert we mean expert. You can check the published list of Rifleman at our website...in the past 4 years only a little over 400 have hit expert in California out of literally thousands of attendees.

None of the instructors get paid for this. We're all volunteers and your fees go to renting the range, buying backers and targets, etc, it all goes back into the program. In addition to all the other points mentioned at Corona you could win a rifle for just attending.

If there is no value in taking a $200 rifle to a $100 class and learning how to use it like few in the world can...I guess I would call that an expensive class.

-Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude Robert View Post
Science without humanity
- Ghandi, Arun

Last edited by ironpete; 08-18-2011 at 5:04 PM..
Old 08-18-2011, 3:52 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennys dad View Post

you = $35 w/code
GF = $0 w/code

total $75
thanks for the clarification

Quote:
I am providing a few links:
1st Appleseed subforum here on Calguns: http://calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=222

2nd Appleseed basics post here on Calguns: http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=386767

The Appleseed basics tells you what to bring and what to expect. Come prepared for hot weather: easy up, liquids and such.

This is 2 full days of shooting, so bring lots of liquids and food and such.

22lr are fine, so are AR's, Mini-14s, bolt actions, Mosins, Garands, whatever rifle you can bring 500 rounds for and shoot 500 rounds thru without wrecking yourself.

The basics of the 2 days is "learn basic rifle marksmanship", "learn to use a 2 point sling using 3 methods", learn to use the rifle with a sling in a Standing, sitting and prone position, become accustomed to transitions from stand to sitting and prone and mag changes, learn NPOA, Six steps to firing a shot, steady hold factors in all 3 positions, cadence and other. Then when you think you have it all down and you are shooting 4moa at 25 yards, shoot the Army Qualifying Test in a timed, multi position, transitioning, mag changing test of your learned skill! Magic score is 210 for a riflemens patch.
do we know what portion of the training will be on Sat?... in other words, if I'm only able to attend one day (Sat), am I missing out on critical portions of the material you listed?

Also, I hate to ask - but is an AK (variant) okay to bring?... I only have one AR and an AK (and it's me and gf, so one of us needs to shoot the AK >her)... the only other guns I have are pistols and a couple shotguns... personally I like the AK, but as it pertains to "Patriotism" I don't want to offend
Old 08-18-2011, 4:43 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat

Quote:
thanks for the clarification
do we know what portion of the training will be on Sat?... in other words, if I'm only able to attend one day (Sat), am I missing out on critical portions of the material you listed?

Also, I hate to ask - but is an AK (variant) okay to bring?... I only have one AR and an AK (and it's me and gf, so one of us needs to shoot the AK >her)... the only other guns I have are pistols and a couple shotguns... personally I like the AK, but as it pertains to "Patriotism" I don't want to offend
Saturday is the best day for learning, you will get everything!
Oh AK's are cool, BUT!!! if you want to you can ask the Shoot Boss "IronPete" for a loaner LTR, you provide the ammo.

Last edited by pennys dad; 08-18-2011 at 4:47 PM..
Old 08-18-2011, 5:42 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Saturday is the best day for learning, you will get everything!
Oh AK's are cool, BUT!!! if you want to you can ask the Shoot Boss "IronPete" for a loaner LTR, you provide the ammo.
excellent, thanks for all your prompt replies

Quote:

you = $35 w/code
GF = $0 w/code

total $75
I entered the code in first link, it's doesn't deduct $10 - the total stays as listed in menu 45 + 1.69... but it does give her free (menu price $5) so I guess total with range fees will be $86.69 instead of $75 ... am I using the correct code (NWC21010)?
Old 08-18-2011, 7:20 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat

its the right code. u just have to register each of you separately, i suspect. i could be wrong.

Old 08-18-2011, 7:50 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
its the right code. u just have to register each of you separately, i suspect. i could be wrong.
good idea - seemed like it might work... but it didn't
Old 08-18-2011, 9:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Not that I'd ever game the system...

The $10 off is for the entire order. For parties of > 1 complete (and pay for) an order for 1 person using the coupon then do the same for the next person. Rinse and repeat until everybody has a ticket.

-Peter

Quote:
good idea - seemed like it might work... but it didn't
Science without humanity
- Ghandi, Arun
Old 08-18-2011, 10:41 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpete View Post
Not that I'd ever game the system...

The $10 off is for the entire order. For parties of > 1 complete (and pay for) an order for 1 person using the coupon then do the same for the next person. Rinse and repeat until everybody has a ticket.

-Peter
As stated in the post you replied to - it didn't work... I tried registering just myself; entered the code, got all the way to entering CC info and it still showed 46.69 - never discounted the fee shown on order page.
Old 08-19-2011, 1:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'll check on it and post to this forum.

When I applied the discount code it updated the price for a Saturday&Sunday ticket only.

-Peter

Quote:
As stated in the post you replied to - it didn't work... I tried registering just myself; entered the code, got all the way to entering CC info and it still showed 46.69 - never discounted the fee shown on order page.
Science without humanity
- Ghandi, Arun
Old 08-19-2011, 6:01 AM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpete View Post
I'll check on it and post to this forum.

When I applied the discount code it updated the price for a Saturday&Sunday ticket only.

-Peter
Ahhh... maybe that's the reason - I was purchasing Sat only (can't go Sun)...
Old 08-21-2011, 4:10 AM

Registered, it's a done deal...This should be all kinds of fun!

Looking forward to meeting you folks!

NRA Endowment Member
Old 08-21-2011, 6:13 AM
Arizona Ex-Pat

I am happy you signed up, you will enjoy the event

Old 08-25-2011, 6:22 AM
Veteran Member

Looks like we should be there both days. I put in for the weekend off and my army buddy is excited to go. He just shot expert with his unit last month but more shooting never hurts anybody.

Is there a special area for cal gunners so we can meet each other and help each other out? It's been a while since I been to a class like this and I would appreciate knowing we have our own support structure in place.

If we are bringing an AR, how many mags minimum do you recommend, or it's not a big deal since it's fixed line static shooting?
Old 08-25-2011, 6:46 AM
Arizona Ex-Pat

Quote:
Looks like we should be there both days. I put in for the weekend off and my army buddy is excited to go. He just shot expert with his unit last month but more shooting never hurts anybody.

Is there a special area for cal gunners so we can meet each other and help each other out? It's been a while since I been to a class like this and I would appreciate knowing we have our own support structure in place.

If we are bringing an AR, how many mags minimum do you recommend, or it's not a big deal since it's fixed line static shooting?
I am happy you cna make it.
You know I had not thought of a Calgunner meet n greet spot, but since we have Pete on the forum answering questions with me maybe he can give it some thought.

Bring at least 3 mags, I would suggest straight 10 round mags, or 10/20's (20's since I suspect you are exempt). The larger mags will make getting into a position tough. Bring an easy up if you have it

Old 08-25-2011, 7:04 AM
Made in the USA

Has anyone had a chance to determine if the discount is for bothdays only - or should it work for just Saturday?
Old 08-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I am happy you cna make it.
You know I had not thought of a Calgunner meet n greet spot, but since we have Pete on the forum answering questions with me maybe he can give it some thought.

Bring at least 3 mags, I would suggest straight 10 round mags, or 10/20's (20's since I suspect you are exempt). The larger mags will make getting into a position tough. Bring an easy up if you have it
I have an 12x12 EZ-UP that is big enough for a few people to hide under.

I haven't thought about the 20 rounders... I have a few, but mine are mostly 30 rounders... I'll figure it out. How about bipods and optics?

I have an EOTech on mine, but I figure they would prefer us learn with iron sights for basic marksmanship.
Old 08-25-2011, 1:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I have an 12x12 EZ-UP that is big enough for a few people to hide under.

I haven't thought about the 20 rounders... I have a few, but mine are mostly 30 rounders... I'll figure it out. How about bipods and optics?

I have an EOTech on mine, but I figure they would prefer us learn with iron sights for basic marksmanship.

No go on bipods. And you can't use a longer magazine as a monopod.

Optics are good to go, but are a personal preference.
Old 08-25-2011, 3:20 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the info. The EOTech is useless for long distance anyway.
Old 08-28-2011, 4:53 PM
In Memoriam

excited my family is signed up
Old 08-29-2011, 6:25 AM
Arizona Ex-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouber View Post
excited my family is signed up
Nice! Glad you can make it

Old 08-29-2011, 6:26 AM
Arizona Ex-Pat

Quote:
Has anyone had a chance to determine if the discount is for bothdays only - or should it work for just Saturday?
Send Pete a direct PM on this

Old 08-29-2011, 6:27 AM
Arizona Ex-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcC View Post
If my unpredictable schedule does not get in the way I will be there. This sounds like an excellent event. 210 shooters seems like a large crowd, where are we going to fit all of those easy-ups
:-) double stack those easy up, shade is good!

Old 08-29-2011, 6:29 AM
Veteran Member

Any recommendations for a shooting pad our just being a tarp?
Old 08-29-2011, 7:48 AM
Arizona Ex-Pat

Quote:
Any recommendations for a shooting pad our just being a tarp?
if you can one in time, get the one of these
great price and great pad
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=169107

the larger version is
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=276544

I have both and they are great!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:20 AM

Just signed up for both days. See you there!!