Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2014, 4:03 PM

Default LA County Resident with an interesting question

As of right now, I am confident that if I were to apply for my CCW in LA County, it would be struck down and all that I would accomplish is having a denial attached to my name. There are a number of things happening this year that could slowly change the tide for us in LA County, but right now we are unable to get a CCW.

My question is, if I can't have a loaded concealed handgun on my person, is there anyway that I can keep a handgun unloaded and locked near my person during my normal day to day life. What is the legality of having an unloaded firearm in a locked compartment of a backpack that I take to and from work with me and leave in the car when I'm at church or at the mall? Or better put, how close to CCW can I get without actually having my concealed carry permit and still be within the law. If this is a possibility, what are your thoughts on going that route? What issues may I run into? Is this a stupid idea and should I just keep fighting and waiting until we finally become almost shall issue in LA County?

Thanks for your input.