Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 12-03-2018, 4:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaman View Post
Clearly! Industry Station has not been providing good services to one of their contract at a minimum.

That’s the fault of brass. Not the everyday Dep.
I get the impression you're an insider to the department. I'm definitely not, but when a news article says he's promoting people skipping four levels, and that he has never held a high-profile position before... well, clearly he's promoting people who aren't ready. Maybe we'll get lucky and everything will be great.
Old 12-03-2018, 4:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWFacts View Post
Maybe we'll get lucky and everything will be great.
Sure. Whats the worst that could happen?
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

Old 12-03-2018, 5:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Sure. Whats the worst that could happen?
I would say that the worst thing that could happen is:

and:

but that's all already happened so I don't know how to answer your question.
Old 12-07-2018, 9:24 PM
Calguns Addict

More news from the new Sheriff:
Now he has told nearly 500 other supervisors on his staff that their jobs too are being reevaluated.

In a massive review, all lieutenants, captains and commanders have been asked to hand in forms that detail their years of experience. The fill-in-the-blank résumés will be used to determine whether the officials will remain in their positions or be reassigned, including to lower levels for a set period of time, Villanueva said.

But in what some describe as an even more jarring move, Villanueva also told all the supervisors on Tuesday to temporarily remove a part of their uniforms some of them worked decades to earn: the gold pins on their collar that indicate their rank.
This sheriff is shaking things up. What, if anything, this means for CCW, I have no idea.
Old 12-07-2018, 9:49 PM

Quote:
More news from the new Sheriff:

Now he has told nearly 500 other supervisors on his staff that their jobs too are being reevaluated.

In a massive review, all lieutenants, captains and commanders have been asked to hand in forms that detail their years of experience. The fill-in-the-blank résumés will be used to determine whether the officials will remain in their positions or be reassigned, including to lower levels for a set period of time, Villanueva said.

But in what some describe as an even more jarring move, Villanueva also told all the supervisors on Tuesday to temporarily remove a part of their uniforms some of them worked decades to earn: the gold pins on their collar that indicate their rank.

This sheriff is shaking things up. What, if anything, this means for CCW, I have no idea.

Yeah I’m sure his staff loves him right now. Way to win over the troops guy.
Old 12-09-2018, 2:10 PM

I spoke to a friend of mine who is on the move list she didn’t leap frog that many positions she was promoted to captain, a position I believe she deserved a couple years ago. The la times to no surprise for that wrong.

Quote:
Some things have changed, literally, overnight.
Villanueva, 55, spoke from the podium after taking the oath of office, promising to "empower communities of color"

In 2005, he sued the department, claiming he and other Latinos were denied promotions because of racial discrimination

Villanueva never served in a high-profile position

His dissertation examined how the 10 largest law enforcement organizations in the country promote their personnel and how those policies affect diversity at senior levels

In a highly unusual move, the sheriff-elect directed last week that Lt. LaJuana Haselrig, whom Villanueva worked with at the training academy long ago, leapfrog over four ranks to become one of four assistant sheriffs. Haselrig, who is African-American, will oversee some of the most sensitive countywide functions of the department — including homeland security, SWAT and detectives.

Captain Tim Murakami, a Japanese-American who currently commands the Industry sheriff's station, was promoted three ranks to be assistant sheriff in charge of street patrols in unincorporated L.A. County and 44 contract cities

The L.A. County Democratic Party, police watchdogs and immigrant rights groups endorsed him largely on promises he would kick ICE out of the jails
Welcome to third world Los Angeles where people get massive promotions to critical roles because of their skin color. Makes sense to me.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:33 PM
Calguns Addict

I should reiterate for regular posters in this thread that AV said he’d issue more CCWs than McDonnell (dark red), but fewer than Lindsey (dark green). That means he could take LA Co to light red (few applicants get issued), yellow (some get issued), or light green (most get issued). Of those options, we went for light red for the map to not get people’s hopes too far up. But until AV revises the CCW info and people apply and let us know how it goes, we’re just guessing and could be wrong.

What am I saying? LA Co may really be yellow or light green right now. Go and apply if you can afford to waste the time, money and effort involved. Let us know how it goes.

If it turns out AV did take it to yellow (possible), or light green (unlikely), you’ll be ahead of the flood of applicants....
Old 12-10-2018, 11:11 AM

I emailed him and his team when he was running the response I got was essentially he would follow state laws on issueing not additional requirements like McDonnell.this is from the email, “ Sorry for the delay, here is my position. I will issue based on a showing of good cause, NOT an impossible standard as the one the incumbent is using. Occupation, business situation, victim of stalking, criminal threats, and related issues are examples where CCWs will be granted assuming all other legal requirements are met.

Hope this helps,”

If anyone would like me to forward the original email dm me

Last edited by fullcodecpr; 12-10-2018 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: Misspelled a name
Old 12-10-2018, 3:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I will issue based on a showing of good cause, NOT an impossible standard as the one the incumbent is using.
This says he's not dark red.

Quote:
Occupation, business situation, victim of stalking, criminal threats, and related issues are examples where CCWs will be granted assuming all other legal requirements are met.
This says he's light red or perhaps yellow. We'll have to wait for people to apply, get issued or denied and post re. their experience before determining which one.

Light green would be where he'll issue for protection against risks that you voluntarily face (e.g., hiking, backpacking, motorcycling in wilderness, far away from rapid LE response, spotty cell coverage, etc.).

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Old 12-10-2018, 4:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Since the LASD website still shows McDonnell, it's CCW info also hasn't been updated. Once it shows Villanueva as sheriff, we'll look to see if the CCW info has also be revised, and if so, check it to ensure it too supports "light red" and to see if it indicates yellow or better.

Whoever notices first that LASD website no longer shows McDonnell, but rather shows Villanueva as sheriff, please post that in this thread ASAP. Thx!

http://sheriff.lacounty.gov/wps/portal/lasd
http://lasd.org/bio.html
http://lasd.org/pdfjs/ConcealedWeapo...icyAug2018.pdf (dated 08/01/18)
http://lasd.org/pdfjs/CCW_MPP_PDF.PDF
Still old McDonnell info & policies at those 4 linked webpages....

Guess I'll try to check them every weekend to see if/when they get revised/replaced/updated.

Old 12-10-2018, 4:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
This says he's not dark red.

This says he's light red or perhaps yellow. We'll have to wait for people to apply, get issued or denied and post re. their experience before determining which one.

Light green would be where he'll issue for protection against risks that you voluntarily face (e.g., hiking, backpacking, motorcycling in wilderness, far away from rapid LE response, spotty cell coverage, etc.).
Hell, even going Yellow would be a major change for LAC!
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

Old 12-10-2018, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullcodecpr View Post
I emailed him and his team when he was running the response I got was essentially he would follow state laws on issueing not additional requirements like McDonnell.this is from the email, “ Sorry for the delay, here is my position. I will issue based on a showing of good cause, NOT an impossible standard as the one the incumbent is using. Occupation, business situation, victim of stalking, criminal threats, and related issues are examples where CCWs will be granted assuming all other legal requirements are met.

Hope this helps,”

Pm sent
Old 12-10-2018, 9:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
2 PM's sent.

Old 12-10-2018, 9:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I should point out that while AV does say he'll issue in what we consider "light red" situations, he does NOT say he'll NOT issue for "yellow" situations. In the newspaper interview I quoted before on previous page of this thread, he only said he wouldn't give them out like Lindsey would ("dark green").

Quote:
Quote:
Villanueva says he would issue more concealed carry permits than McDonnell, "who is basically issuing none" (there are about 200 people in L.A. County with these permits), but fewer than Lindsey, "who wants to basically hand them out like candy."

To establish whether an applicant has "good cause" to be issued a concealed carry permit, Villanueva says he would consider whether there’s a "documentable" threat to the applicant’s safety, and whether the applicant lives or works in remote locations without immediate access to first responders.
From: https://www.scpr.org/news/2018/06/01...la-sheriff-ji/
Like I said before, if you can afford to waste the time and money of applying and you only have "yellow" Good Cause, if you really want a CA CCW, I'd go for it!

Although he also does NOT rule out "light green" situations, I highly doubt he'll liberalize that much, at least at first.

Quote:

Last edited by Paladin; 12-10-2018 at 10:32 PM..