Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > J and R Sports -REMOVED-
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

J and R Sports -REMOVED- Hosted by J&R Sports Supply

Old 07-10-2015, 4:49 PM
Banned in Amsterdam
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Customer service experience

Hey guys:

Something has been bothering me for some time, and I'm not really sure how to best to deal with it. For some time I've just kept it to myself, but it has re-occurred today and I find it remarkably frustrating. So perhaps bringing it forward here will help both of us out.

My issue is how customer service is handled in your shop. I'll give a couple of anecdotes to help motivate where I'm coming from.

1) Several months ago I was in your shop and wanted to buy an AR pistol grip. I politely stood in front of the cash register, cash in hand, and waited. The person at the counter was busy, no worries. The people in the back room were evidently on break, as I could hear laughter and giggles coming from there. After waiting a fair period, I put the grip back and walked out of the store. I went online to MidwayUSA and bought what I wanted.

My question: Is keeping a customer waiting at the register with cash in hand good policy?

2) I was in the shop today. I was interested in a Springfield TRP Operator pistol. Folks were clearly busy with other customers, and again I politely waited at the counter. Another customer walked in with (I presume) his daughter, and also waited. When the next employee got free, instead of asking "Who's next?", they just looked at the newly walked-in customer, and started to help them.

My question: Should I interrupt (and look like a jerk) to explain that I was next, or should I just walk out and take my business elsewhere?

What happened was I walked out and went to another shop in town, and put an order in for a Springfield TRP Operator (9105LCA).

Understand that I *want* to give you my money. I *want* to do business with you.

My last question: Why do you make it so very hard?

Thanks for listening,

A very annoyed Experimentalist.

"Shot placement trumps all."

Old 07-14-2015, 11:12 PM

J & R is my preferred LGS for a number of reasons:
  1. Absolutely the fastest (even when they are busy) PPTs in the Bay Area hands down.
  2. Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
  3. Open to negotiation on pricing.
  4. Open every day.
  5. Reasonably short drive.
  6. Nice (and steady) selection of consignments.

Personally, after waiting politely in either of your examples, I would have just shouted out "who here can I give some of my hard earned money to?" It would have gotten someone's attention and you wouldn't have come off rude IMO as without a take-a-number system it's challenging to know who was next in line when they have multiple folks working the counter and some customers take more time. But that's just me and how I'd approach it. It's amazing the things I've come across there just by opening my mouth and starting a conversation. The employees don't bite and neither do the doggies :-)
Old 07-14-2015, 11:55 PM
I need a LIFE!!

If they help someone who came in after you, say something. You don't look like a jerk and you've been waiting. It happens a lot. If I have that happen problem I say something.

I would actually blame the guy who came in after me that didn't say "oh that guy was here before me". And point at you.

Also, if there's only one floor guy, with more than one guy on break, and you're waiting to pay (that's not very good planning on managements part if that's the case), say something. "Is there somebody who can ring this up for me?" "I'm ready to buy this".

Not really that difficult.

YMMV I guess.

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
No more stupid threads. you have my word
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
Rule 1 I'll admit I'm a jerk when I post stupid thread.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher View Post
I'll do the picking.. Name wise .. if you don't mind...
Helmut Shmacher- Formerly lugerdevil666
Old 07-15-2015, 7:45 PM
Banned in Amsterdam
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkphibr View Post
J & R is my preferred LGS for a number of reasons:
  1. Absolutely the fastest (even when they are busy) PPTs in the Bay Area hands down.
  2. Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
  3. Open to negotiation on pricing.
  4. Open every day.
  5. Reasonably short drive.
  6. Nice (and steady) selection of consignments.

(snip)
I certainly agree, J&R is a great place. I have recommended them to friends in the past, and will continue to do so.

As I said, I *want* to do business with them. I suppose being more assertive might gain better traction going forward....

Thanks for the advice guys.

"Shot placement trumps all."