Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:34 AM

Default Almost Carjacked - by MrsKitty

This post is copied here, by permission of MrsKitty on Glocktalk.com. It received more than 225 replies and almost 50,000 views (yes, 50K !), adding good advice and information. Bravo to Mrs Kitty! I thought our folks here should read this and be aware, always.

Bonnie B

================================================== ========
(By MrsKitty) I have already posted this in GNG and T&T. As somebody suggested, I am posting it here as well. I have no idea why but it didn't dawn on me that this was a women's issue too. I hope somebody can be helped by my experience:

I stopped just before a stoplight yesterday about 3:30 in a very busy intersection in a nice part of a pretty good-sized city, when the doofus in front of me decided to do something really stupid--pratically turn completely around in the middle of about a eight or nine lane highway/intersection. While I am stopped waiting for them to get out of the way, some guy comes up behind me and hits me. Hard enough to scare me, but not hard enough to really hurt my car.

I immediately pick up my phone and call 911. I am watching the guy in my rearview mirror and when he gets out of the car he puts his left hand in his pocket like he is trying to hide something. I reach for my Glock. I have it ready before he gets to my door, but hidden down behind my leg where he can't see it.

I am a single blonde (some would automatically assume that makes me stupid...) female driving a current model car. Yet, I don't assume nothing at this point. After all it is raining, and he could have just slid on the wet asphalt.

The guy asks me if I am ok. I tell him yes, he mainly scared me. He comes closer. I tell him to "back away from the car." He says that I need to get out and look at the car, that he has really messed up the rear end. I tell him later. He insists I look right then since I "have got to fix it right now". I tell him that I don't exactly have a body shop with me nor can I fix it, so I am not concerned until I get an estimate about that since I know insurance will cover it.

He comes closer and I tell him to "back away from the car" again. Well, he then tells me that he will get me his insurance info only if I get out and come back to his car. I tell him that he can go get it himeself and bring it back to me. I repeat my warning to back away from the car. He looks at me stupidly. I ask him "do you understand what back away from the car means?"

He takes a few steps back and calls somebody. I crack the back window enough I can hear him agitatedly telling them "No,no, I can't do that." Then, "No, that won't work." And finally, "No, I don't think she will do that" followed by "I don't think I can" while he is dancing around. Well, while he is on the phone I call back to 911 and tell them that he keeps trying to get me out of the car. The female dispacther immediately tells me not to get out (like I would!!) no matter what and to run if I need to. She asks if I have a way to defend myself. I tell her that I do have a permit and I already have the gun out. She tells me to not to hesitate to protect myself.

He comes back and walks almost right up to the window. I start to raise my gun and tell him to "back away from the car". He comes closer and I tell him, "You really need to back away from this car right now before I feel like I have to protect myself. Do you understand?" He looks at me, quickly takes a couple steps backwards and tells me that he is moving his car off the road into an adjacent parking lot. I tell him "Fine. Then you need to stay in your car until the police arrive. Do you understand?" He says, "You called the police?" I tell him yes, twice. He hauls butt to the car and runs. The last I saw of him was his taillights under the red light he ran.

I feel like he had intentions of carjacking me, but he was either unsure of himself/inexperienced or I suprised him when he got close enough to see a 6-D cell MagLite in my lap and me obviously hiding something else behind my leg. He never did take his left hand out of the pocket. When he was dialing, it was more than obvious that he was left handed but he kept fumbling with his right hand only. I believe he had a weapon of some sort in there, most likely a small gun.

Am I jumping to conclusions? Do you all think that he was going to carjack me? Did I handle things right? What would you have done differently?

Thanks for you input.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.

Last edited by BonnieB; 09-22-2012 at 3:23 PM..
Old 09-22-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
I am a single blonde (some would automatically assume that makes me stupid...) female driving a current model car. Yet, I don't assume nothing at this point.
That's amusing.
Old 09-22-2012, 9:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post

I am a single blonde (some would automatically assume that makes me stupid...) female
That doesn't make you stupid, it makes you a target for unwanted advances. LOL Then again, it could make you an anomaly

Ok, on the serious side, you did every thing right. And kudos on your quick thinking! It has been my habit since forever to lock my doors upon entering my car. I've always done it. One day in Target parking lot, I load my car, get in, hit the lock button and look over my right shoulder to start backing out when suddenly someone hits my window. Startled the Hell out of me. I turn to see this black man and he says "You locked your doors" "Yes I did and???" "You did it because I'm black" "No, I did it because it's a habit and if you are trying to prove that you're a decent black man, slamming on my window and calling me racist is not helping your position"

Jeez what a dumbass.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:54 PM

Every thing was done perfectly - reading this post, I immediately thought either car jack or he would push you in his car. Applauding the actions you took!!!! Getting bumped by a car usually is an accident but you don't know that - Bravo girl!!!!!

Wow Bugguts - what a weird encounter. I don't care if they are purple. Everyone is a threat as far as I am concerned until proven otherwise.
Old 09-22-2012, 1:10 PM

I will tell you something happening here. I have an emergency button on the outside of the garage just in case the key pad doesn't work, you can alert the people inside - LET me in!!!!! Last week, three nights in a row ( around 1am) and one morning around 9am, that alarm has gone off. I was getting ready to leave that morning so I was at the back door getting ready to open the garage door and the emergency sound started. I had enough. I pulled my gun, got beside the outside refrigerator and opened the garage door with my gun pointed in that direction.

As the door raised, I saw four legs standing there and I announce...if you are still there by the time this door opens, I hope you have medical insurance because I will blow your *** off. Four legs started running. I closed the door, ran back in the house to the front and out the door. There they were - 2 teenages we have been looking for - we have had a rash of cars being broken into ----- got the make of their car and license number as they sped off. Called the police - can't believe they called back later in the day - but they said they had them and pretty sure these are the two we have been looking for.... Maybe I should have called the police and not opened that door but something in me was sick to death of this mess. I bet we will not see their butts around here again.
Old 09-22-2012, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision1214 View Post
Every thing was done perfectly - reading this post, I immediately thought either car jack or he would push you in his car. Applauding the actions you took!!!! Getting bumped by a car usually is an accident but you don't know that - Bravo girl!!!!!

Wow Bugguts - what a weird encounter. I don't care if they are purple. Everyone is a threat as far as I am concerned until proven otherwise.
It was weird. It was also before I even started shooting guns but it was like "WTH?" If I am in a parking lot(or anywhere actually) and hear someone lock their doors, I don't assume it's because they see me, this 5'1", 200lb white woman with a limp, is some kind of threat. Hell some cars actually lock doors automatically upon reaching like 5mph or something like that?
Old 09-22-2012, 4:10 PM

i feel like this lady overreacted a little? seems to me like a normal car accident where youd be expected to pull over, get out, and exchange information/assess the damage. not sit in your car and threaten people with guns and the police.

Then again im a tall guy and so am not usually threatened by the average dancing doofus

"Any SIG is a good SIG. And the only thing I like better than owning one is owning two"

Last edited by Eldraque; 09-22-2012 at 4:16 PM..
Old 09-22-2012, 4:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldraque View Post
i feel like this lady overreacted a little? seems to me like a normal car accident where youd be expected to pull over, get out, and exchange information/assess the damage. not sit in your car and threaten people with guns and the police.
I strongly disagree.

In a normal car accident, the other guy is usually inspecting their car for damage right away before initiating contact. For the other party to immediately approach the drivers side of the car suggests they don't care about the condition of their vehicle-and that, friend, is cause for concern.

Quote:
Then again im a tall guy and so am not usually threatened by the average dancing doofus
Perhaps. But car accidents are a chance encounter by nature. Hopefully the idiot who hits your vehicle has insurance and is otherwise an upstanding individual. Its also possible the guy or gal who hit you is a felon with an outstanding warrant, who's well aware that cops tend to show up on accident scenes. There may not even need to be that kind of backstory:the other guy could just mentally snap from the accident and decide beating you to a pulp is a great idea.

Caution after an accident is a prudent thing, and MrsKitty did the right thing.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 09-22-2012, 5:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Sounds like MrsKitty has more situational awareness and intelect than many including at least one calgunner. Even though she had a firearm with her to uise as a secondary means of self defense, he obviously did the right thing in not exiting her primary self defense weapon and means of escape.

Quote:
How does it feel to live on that river front property in Egypt?
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV

Last edited by CSACANNONEER; 09-22-2012 at 5:06 PM..
Old 09-22-2012, 5:11 PM

I agree with Silver and CSA and will also add that there are those criminals, who work in teams when it comes to car accidents. Person in front stops suddenly, middle car stop and third car rear-ends middle car, making for a tidy little sum in a rear-end collision settlement.

Not sure how reliable this link is but it is from Canada and explains pretty well the set-ups that are sometimes used.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle1563700/
Old 09-22-2012, 5:16 PM

Quote:

"Any SIG is a good SIG. And the only thing I like better than owning one is owning two"
People like you, men, big men, large men, whatever kind of man, is not usually going to be a target anyway. The criminal is going for the perceived weak one in the herd, usually they assume it will be a woman and when it turns out the the woman is not the weak easy target that they thought she was, they do not pursue.
Old 09-22-2012, 5:20 PM
Calguns Addict

I am glad that she is ok and not just another statistic. I will take an unlimited number of banged up bumpers over one dead/raped/kidnaped lady.

I disagree with CSCannon though, her first and most used weapon of defense was her brain. The car is second and as always the gun is the last line. She not only used her brain but she kept her cool and kept her focus and her brain in gear.

The only down side to this story is that the perps continue to remain on the hunt for prey.
...but their exists also in the human heart a depraved taste for equality, which impels the weak to attempt to lower the powerful to their own level, and reduces men to prefer equality in slavery to inequality with freedom.
Old 09-22-2012, 5:54 PM
Calguns.net Shooting Team

I will go out on a limb here and say she 100% did the right thing. Excellent situational awareness and a proper measured response. Well done!

Scott
Old 09-22-2012, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
People like you, men, big men, large men, whatever kind of man, is not usually going to be a target anyway. The criminal is going for the perceived weak one in the herd, usually they assume it will be a woman and when it turns out the the woman is not the weak easy target that they thought she was, they do not pursue.
This makes sense, thanks for giving me perspective. people dont ever really mess with me.
Old 09-22-2012, 6:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I realize this is the Ladies forum, but the title of this post caught my eye. I thought the OP was almost carjacked by MrsKitty. Anyway, back on topic. MrsKitty sounds very smart. Who knows what the outcome would have been, maybe he bolted because he had a car full of drugs, maybe he had a bunch of cash in his pocket to try and pay off the victim. Who knows, but it really does not matter, MrsKitty did the right thing.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/p...rape-case.html
Old 09-22-2012, 6:28 PM

Quote:

Strongly disagree with you. Just his actions alone should make anyone realize that he was up to no good. The word Police made him run like the coward he is - what more proof do you need? Better safe than sorry.

BTW - just because you are a big guy, that doesn't always deter someone. The cemeteries are full of big guys that thought no one could ever bother them or take them down.

Last edited by vision1214; 09-22-2012 at 6:43 PM..
Old 09-22-2012, 6:44 PM

I am a single blonde (some would automatically assume that makes me stupid...)

Why would she bother with her hair color ? LMAO .....
Old 09-23-2012, 1:21 AM

I am absolutely delighted that this post has generated so much action. There's no such thing as too much awareness.

MrsKitty has the link to this discussion and I'm sure she's following along....
Old 09-23-2012, 4:49 AM

he was definately trying to carjack her. no doubt about it. good for her standing her ground and not being duped into exiting the vehicle.

Old 09-23-2012, 8:23 AM

Original post on GT is from 2003
Old 09-23-2012, 8:31 AM

1st mistake: No Glock sticker on driver's side window.
Old 09-23-2012, 9:32 AM

It's interesting...from the story I'd agree with the actions taken for the most part. If she truly felt like she was in trouble, her best form of self preservation would have been to drive away. Yes, she would have been leaving the scene of an accident but she had already started a conversation with 911 and simply could have called back and said this is what I had to do.

That said, being a 6' tall male, I have been on the other side of this situation and seen the other side of the story. I was hit by a woman and apparently she didn't realize it and kept going. I had pulled over to check my car and when I saw the damage I chased after her. When I found her parked on a side street I confronted her (she was in her car) and needless to say I was not a happy person. She didn't believe my story nor would she get out of the car to look at the damage she had caused (it was VERY obvious the two cars had collided). So I called the Police and when they showed up and spoke to us both, they sided with me, however I got a nice lecture about I should "watch" myself...the story she told them wasn't the same version that had transpired.

Two sides to each story...always. Did the woman in the original post do what she needed to stay safe, absolutely.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourLoko View Post
And this makes a difference, why?
Old 09-23-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeon2whls View Post
It's interesting...from the story I'd agree with the actions taken for the most part. If she truly felt like she was in trouble, her best form of self preservation would have been to drive away. Yes, she would have been leaving the scene of an accident but she had already started a conversation with 911 and simply could have called back and said this is what I had to do.

That said, being a 6' tall male, I have been on the other side of this situation and seen the other side of the story. I was hit by a woman and apparently she didn't realize it and kept going. I had pulled over to check my car and when I saw the damage I chased after her. When I found her parked on a side street I confronted her (she was in her car) and needless to say I was not a happy person. She didn't believe my story nor would she get out of the car to look at the damage she had caused (it was VERY obvious the two cars had collided). So I called the Police and when they showed up and spoke to us both, they sided with me, however I got a nice lecture about I should "watch" myself...the story she told them wasn't the same version that had transpired.

Two sides to each story...always. Did the woman in the original post do what she needed to stay safe, absolutely.
First off, I've been swiped by a person who apparently either didn't notice he hit me(89yr old man, no license, no insurance, had license taken due to medical conditions) or didn't care or was worried because he was driving illegally. I did follow him while calling 911 and alerting them to the fact he had hit me and I was following him and asking for an officer for when he finally stopped. I did not CHASE him and I did not CONFRONT him even though I was pissed beyond measure as my car was only a week old!

You chased a woman, confronted her and was probably in a high state of irritation so no, she did not get out of the car. Neither would I until the police arrived. So she told a lie. She WAS in the wrong and she probably knew it but being confronted by an angry, large man would probably make me more likely to stay in my car and call 911 myself although I would have accepted responsibility and not tried to lie my way out as she did. The police were right in lecturing you IMO because the way you handled it, she could have very well been armed and felt that her life was in danger and you might not have lived to tell us your tale.
Old 09-23-2012, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
First off, I've been swiped by a person who apparently either didn't notice he hit me(89yr old man, no license, no insurance, had license taken due to medical conditions) or didn't care or was worried because he was driving illegally. I did follow him while calling 911 and alerting them to the fact he had hit me and I was following him and asking for an officer for when he finally stopped. I did not CHASE him and I did not CONFRONT him even though I was pissed beyond measure as my car was only a week old!

You chased a woman, confronted her and was probably in a high state of irritation so no, she did not get out of the car. Neither would I until the police arrived. So she told a lie. She WAS in the wrong and she probably knew it but being confronted by an angry, large man would probably make me more likely to stay in my car and call 911 myself although I would have accepted responsibility and not tried to lie my way out as she did. The police were right in lecturing you IMO because the way you handled it, she could have very well been armed and felt that her life was in danger and you might not have lived to tell us your tale.
Sorry..."chase" was the wrong term to use but I didn't do anything different than you did when you followed that gentleman. Now I didn't say that I was yelling or getting upset with the woman when I confronted her about this...just that I wasn't happy about the situation...it was little more than..."excuse me, you hit my car back there when..." The reason I was lectured by the police was the story she told them about our encounter was NOT what happened. Had I been shot, she'd be in jail for shooting an un armed man who was not physically or verbally assaulting her.

That said, not to take this off track, I understood why she wanted to stay in her car and urge others that if you don't feel safe, call the cops and hang out to let's them sort the stories and insurance details out.
Old 09-23-2012, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeon2whls View Post
Sorry..."chase" was the wrong term to use but I didn't do anything different than you did when you followed that gentleman. Now I didn't say that I was yelling or getting upset with the woman when I confronted her about this...just that I wasn't happy about the situation...it was little more than..."excuse me, you hit my car back there when..." The reason I was lectured by the police was the story she told them about our encounter was NOT what happened. Had I been shot, she'd be in jail for shooting an un armed man who was not physically or verbally assaulting her.

That said, not to take this off track, I understood why she wanted to stay in her car and urge others that if you don't feel safe, call the cops and hang out to let's them sort the stories and insurance details out.
Understood. Thanks! I assumed high state of irritation because in my instance, my car was brand new and I wanted to pull that old man out and smack him silly although he was already alzheimer-ish so it wouldn't have been an hard smack.
Old 09-23-2012, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourLoko View Post
Yes and I still get madder than hell when I think of what this guy almost made me do...
Old 09-23-2012, 3:54 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaty-btz View Post
I am glad that she is ok and not just another statistic. I will take an unlimited number of banged up bumpers over one dead/raped/kidnaped lady.

I disagree with CSCannon though, her first and most used weapon of defense was her brain. The car is second and as always the gun is the last line. She not only used her brain but she kept her cool and kept her focus and her brain in gear.

The only down side to this story is that the perps continue to remain on the hunt for prey.
Did you read the fact that she's a blonde?

J/K. I stand corrected.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV
Old 09-23-2012, 4:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post

J/K. I stand corrected.
Hehe

Conversations with my wife have lead me to understand that it is SOP for women to be raised with a total lack of awareness as their defensive posture. A thought that has held up to outside fact checking. This is totally backwards and is a serious problem.

See the woman jogging with earbuds in brain off, off in some la la land. Or walking through campus when a "fondler" is on the lose targeting distracted women. Women driving cars and everywhere in life I see the "if I act like I can't see you then I can do whatever I want so I purposely DONT see you".

Which is a good way to end up the victim of a predator. Note that in this day and age having your head in la-la land is not the purview of one sex.
Anyways, I am always chuffed when I encounter a woman who is aware and alert. That is how you stay not a victim.
...but their exists also in the human heart a depraved taste for equality, which impels the weak to attempt to lower the powerful to their own level, and reduces men to prefer equality in slavery to inequality with freedom.
Old 09-23-2012, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post

J/K. I stand corrected.
Well, I'm no longer blonde and I wasn't a natural blonde
Old 09-24-2012, 9:38 AM

Yaaayyyy !! MrsKitty is here! Again, you are saving lives, Kitty, and we thank you.
Old 09-26-2012, 1:35 PM

See I'm not worried about career criminals as this would be too much of a hassle for them. It's desperate people like the individual that this woman ran across that are unpredictable. I'm glad she had a Glock to defend herself. I found myself in a similar situation 6 months ago in downtown LA, it was late, dark, and had to grab my PF-9 with my ArmaLaser attached. I had no time to call 911 as the man was trying to enter my truck while I was parked in a parking structure getting ready to back out. I saw what looked like a led pipe in his hand as he approached my truck and was trying to get inside via the door handle. Let's just say the laser got his attention REAL quick as it shined through my window straight at his heart. He changed his mind and quickly ran off. Cops never found him. When I was young my uncle was car jacked by 3 individuals and shot. As they fled he was left bleeding out and only lived because someone walking by heard the gunshots and ran to a pay phone to call for help. Thankfully the woman and my own situation didn't end up like my uncles.

Last edited by dtm925; 09-26-2012 at 1:41 PM..
Old 09-28-2012, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx77057 View Post
Also, on a side note, depending on what type of phone she had, she could have snapped a few pictures or a few short videos of the person and ask for his name through the window (if he was close enough) to further document the persons actions.
At that time I had a superbasic no frills phone. Didn't ever do texting. Boy, how times have changed...
Old 10-01-2012, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx77057 View Post
Also, on a side note, depending on what type of phone she had, she could have snapped a few pictures or a few short videos of the person and ask for his name through the window (if he was close enough) to further document the persons actions.
Also, exactly how do you propose to use a phone to snap a few pics while someone is talking to 911 on said phone?
Old 10-02-2012, 3:05 PM
Veteran Member

Mrs Kitty ... You da man! I hope you don't take that wrong. I've had the hit from behind scam attempted on me. Excellent awareness. If something doesn't feel right it might not be. I'm glad you lived to tell the tale.
take care
Mike
""When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - When you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - When you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you - When you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - You may know that your society is doomed." -- Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged", 1957"
Old 10-10-2012, 9:34 AM

Here's a really good video on general CCW, but it has an EXCELLENT section on what to do if you're carrying and attacked outside your car, maybe in a parking lot.

The parking lot scenario starts at around minute 3:30. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8_l5...eature=related

What immediately struck me was this: People are shown fighting back with their hands at first, if the attacker is that close, then draw and prepare to shoot. Well yes, the BG isn't going to expect you to slug him and will be thrown off for a beat, and you can have an instant to draw. And it wouldn't have occurred to me to fight back with my hands instantly.

It's the old thing about BG's not expecting women to fight back. But I still think it's true that the best defense is a good offense.

Watch the video. You can see how the simulated BG seem to be startled by the women taking a swing at him, and not so much by the men.

We tend to park closest to the door of a building, and everyone else does too, so you never have any space around your car to see what's going on. Maybe not the best tactics.

Trust me, I'll be doing it.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:30 AM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Thanks for sharing Bonnie -- I liked how they used the door to put some space between them. Whatever to buy some time

If you live in Solano County, please join us at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=12

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Old 10-13-2012, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeb View Post
Mrs Kitty ... You da man! I hope you don't take that wrong. I've had the hit from behind scam attempted on me. Excellent awareness. If something doesn't feel right it might not be. I'm glad you lived to tell the tale.
take care
Mike
Never, ever doubt your spidey-sense. Ever.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:48 PM

Do you live in CA? Its a great story but you go to jail if you have a firearm in your car in CA.
Old 11-04-2012, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungGunn View Post
Do you live in CA? Its a great story but you go to jail if you have a firearm in your car in CA.
You might want to correct that since that is not true and can depend on many different factors including having a carry permit which she stated that she does.