Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > Riverside Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2014, 1:52 PM
CGSSA President
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Talking Riverside Community Roll Call

Welcome All to the CGSSA Riverside Community
CALGUNS Shooting Sports Association

Check In, what area are you in and say Hi.

We are looking for a few members to step up and volunteer to act as chapter leads or coordinators to help bring the community together.
We are looking for volunteers from all over Riverside Area to help set up Monthly Range Shoots and other events.
If you would like to help please post in this thread with what you would be willing to do and where you are located.

Marcus - FearKrew has stepped up to work as a CGSSA Community Leader for Riverside.

Please contact FearKrew or myself Pennys Dad to volunteer.

Thank you

Here to help

Pennys Dad
CALGUNS Shooting Sports Association
CALGUNS official 501 C3 Non-Profit

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Old 07-08-2014, 7:19 PM
CGSSA Leader

Welcome everyone...

Just to Clarify. Riverside includes all of Riverside County. The surrounding counties will now be the IE Chapter

Thank you and look forward to helping out.
Old 07-08-2014, 8:39 PM

Hi guys, look forward to meeting you all at the next monthly shoot and hopefully becoming more involved.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:14 PM

Hello everyone. Im in lake elsinore and i would love to get involved in the near future.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:17 PM

Murrieta here, as you may have noticed on some other threads I've had my iron in a different fire this last week or two but looking to get both feet back in the 2A fight once that settles down and would love to help
Old 07-09-2014, 8:11 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

Marcus-

You know I'll help with anything I can!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 07-13-2014, 11:18 AM

Count me in for whatever
Old 07-27-2014, 8:34 AM
Calguns Addict

ill be a resident of Riverside Co in about 2 weeks.

Btw, why did Calguns split the IE into Riverside and San Bernardino?
Old 07-28-2014, 7:24 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoint View Post
ill be a resident of Riverside Co in about 2 weeks.

Btw, why did Calguns split the IE into Riverside and San Bernardino?

Too big to have two different Counties in one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2014, 4:05 AM
Calguns Addict

Well today is the day I finally get to California. In Phoenix right now but should be in Riverside by noon. It feels so weird to be a civilian and have freedom again after being uncle sams ***** for 4 years
Old 08-08-2014, 4:10 AM
Bacon makes it better
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Beaumont resident here. Looking to get more involved as my schedule permits.
Old 08-08-2014, 7:04 AM

Finishing up two big projects right now but should be available shortly.
San Jacinto.
Old 08-08-2014, 8:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

Quote:
Well today is the day I finally get to California. In Phoenix right now but should be in Riverside by noon. It feels so weird to be a civilian and have freedom again after being uncle sams ***** for 4 years
Thank you for your service and welcome to Riverside!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 08-18-2014, 2:44 PM

Sound off like you got a pair!!!

Alki Hase - Corona, Ca -

Pray for Peace ; Train for War !

Alki Hase - USMC
888-471-CRYO
Southern California's Premier Cryogenic Processor
Enhanced Durability, Strength & Heat Deflection

THE KRIOTYZED WAY!!
Old 08-20-2014, 5:47 AM

Still getting my feet wet. But I will provide some time if needed.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:34 PM
CGSSA Leader

Hello out there!!! Have a great labor day!!

Old 09-01-2014, 9:53 AM

Riverside City here. New to the area after living in Murrieta for 10 years. Look forward to meeting some or all of you guys.

Quote:

Thank you for your service, but I don't think freedom and California tend to go hand in hand.
Old 09-18-2014, 8:25 AM

dirty Moreno Valley for me. hoping to start getting involved once work settles down in a bit
Old 09-21-2014, 12:00 AM
Banned

Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseacegoku View Post
Riverside City here. New to the area after living in Murrieta for 10 years. Look forward to meeting some or all of you guys.

Thank you for your service, but I don't think freedom and California tend to go hand in hand.
No doubt. Once you cross from AZ to CA, even the AIR smells foul and recycled... Come in through Havasu/Parker and stop at Terrible's to gas up and get some ice cream, it will help with the depression later on...

As much as I LOVE me my City of Riverside. It sucks that it is still in Commiefornia...
Old 09-21-2014, 1:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
No doubt. Once you cross from AZ to CA, even the AIR smells foul and recycled... Come in through Havasu/Parker and stop at Terrible's to gas up and get some ice cream, it will help with the depression later on...

As much as I LOVE me my City of Riverside. It sucks that it is still in Commiefornia...
I like Riverside as much as I can for a city. (I prefer being in the country). But I look forward to the day that I can move out of this forsaken state and be free
Old 09-22-2014, 6:26 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutONE View Post
dirty Moreno Valley for me. hoping to start getting involved once work settles down in a bit
Funny how they thought changing the name from Sunnymead to Moreno Valley would change it's image. In the 70's and 80's most in this area referred to it as Scummymead! LOL!

L.A. county rent control measures in the late 80's to early 90's spelled the doom for Mo Valley and San Jacinto areas. Both were formerly mostly retirement communities which were almost overnight transformed when L.A.s gang and drug problems hit those areas as the cockroaches moved in!
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Old 09-22-2014, 9:21 PM

Matt, (mtsul)
Moreno Valley (rancho belago)
I can put in sometime as needed!
WTB CZ 512 22wmr
WTB seecamp or Tomcat 32acp
Old 09-27-2014, 9:34 AM

Murrieta here, 2 young kids and a beautiful wife that works hard; but I'm willing to help when I can!
Crow
Old 09-27-2014, 7:11 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
Funny how they thought changing the name from Sunnymead to Moreno Valley would change it's image. In the 70's and 80's most in this area referred to it as Scummymead! LOL!

L.A. county rent control measures in the late 80's to early 90's spelled the doom for Mo Valley and San Jacinto areas. Both were formerly mostly retirement communities which were almost overnight transformed when L.A.s gang and drug problems hit those areas as the cockroaches moved in!

The good news for MoVal residents is that the crime rate is shrinking considerably year over year. They are one of very few cities in America that have a camera recording at every signal intersection in the city. So crime may happen but they will catch most of it. (I toured the police station during a Leadership program I was in)

PLUS they have Wild Donkeys running willy nilly all over the place North of the 10 and that is Awesome!
Old 09-28-2014, 7:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearKrew View Post
The good news for MoVal residents is that the crime rate is shrinking considerably year over year. They are one of very few cities in America that have a camera recording at every signal intersection in the city. So crime may happen but they will catch most of it. (I toured the police station during a Leadership program I was in)

PLUS they have Wild Donkeys running willy nilly all over the place North of the 10 and that is Awesome!
A far cry from when I was a property manager there in the early 90's! Banger heaven back then, scary to collect rents after dark. But I was heavily involved with LEO and their COP (Community Oriented Policing) program and I knew most LEO's in my areas.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Old 09-28-2014, 9:32 PM
Veteran Member

Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs

So what's the plan for the Riverside CGSSA? Are we still sticking with just doing monthly shoots?

I'm interested in doing more for the 2A cause, but I don't see how getting together with the same 8-10 people every month to shoot is helping to accomplish any goals.

After Sniffgate, Kestryll asked that the CGSSA become more fully integrated into the NRA IE MC so that we could prevent a future catastrophe like what we had with that. I would be interested in hearing what the Riverside CGSSA is hoping to do to reach that goal.

Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777
Old 09-29-2014, 5:12 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighter View Post
So what's the plan for the Riverside CGSSA? Are we still sticking with just doing monthly shoots?

I'm interested in doing more for the 2A cause, but I don't see how getting together with the same 8-10 people every month to shoot is helping to accomplish any goals.

After Sniffgate, Kestryll asked that the CGSSA become more fully integrated into the NRA IE MC so that we could prevent a future catastrophe like what we had with that. I would be interested in hearing what the Riverside CGSSA is hoping to do to reach that goal.
Sleighter:

Isn't the NRA MC pretty much the same people each month? When do they meet every month? Perhaps you should start a thread with IE NRA MC meeting info and keep it updated.

As to the monthly shoots, it isn't always the same 8-10 people many of us rotate in and out, they're fun (not just a meeting filled with talking heads), and the short meetings prior to the shoot can be a great source of info as to what CGSSA/CGN events are on the horizon.

There aren't many events in summer; but things appear to be ramping up. There is the CGN/CGSSA booth at the Murrieta Rod Run on October 17-18, we should have Steele Peak open again soon as fire season comes to a close and that means a CalGuns Official Cleanup wont be far behind. I've been involved a little over 18 months now and AFAIK you can donate your time manning a booth at an event (Gun shows, community events, etc), participate in an organized cleanup, or attend an area monthly shoot, that's pretty much all the F2F interaction there is with CGSSA/CGN.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Old 09-30-2014, 5:41 AM
CGSSA Leader

Default Riverside Community Roll Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighter View Post

, Kestryll asked that the CGSSA become more fully integrated into the NRA IE MC.
Sleighter, the last three shoots had several different people there. The shoots are not for rallying.... They are designed to have like minded people meet and have some fun together.

As for NRA MC, Dirte has posted the meeting times, to get involved but nobody from CGN showed up??? Except for you 😃

Nonetheless not the forum for this conversation please just limit this thread to welcoming new folks in. If you would like you can start a new thread to continue this topic.

Last edited by FearKrew; 09-30-2014 at 6:09 AM..
Old 12-21-2014, 11:32 AM

I'm in Temecula, 30 years and counting!
Old 01-01-2015, 9:33 PM

Greetings! Been a calgunner about 7 years but just started looking around the Riverside threads. Would love to offer my hands n Tacoma for a cleanup or something.
Old 01-01-2015, 9:42 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfalcon217 View Post
Greetings! Been a calgunner about 7 years but just started looking around the Riverside threads. Would love to offer my hands n Tacoma for a cleanup or something.
Greetings dfalcon!! There's a list, copy and add your name, Jan 25th. Thanks, all and any help appreciated. No dumpster we hual out the trash... http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...8#post15549528

Old 01-01-2015, 10:21 PM

I'll be in Riverside once I move.
Old 01-07-2015, 1:16 PM

Hi all! I'm in Corona. Still getting my feet wet with all this.

---
CCW Process
* Called for apt/Left Message - 2/12/2016
* Return call from deputy with date - 2/26/2016
* Interview Date: 1/18/2018 10am (PST)
Old 01-07-2015, 1:20 PM

Hey! Im from riverside In the Arlington area near Van Buren and Magnolia
Old 01-07-2015, 2:36 PM

I'm in Riverside... I've been to Steele Peak 3-4 times. Most of the time I shoot at RISR.

I'm going to be at the SP cleanup later this month.
Old 01-07-2015, 9:46 PM
CGSSA Leader

Welcome all!!

Sandbasser see u at SP on 25th.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:58 PM

Murrieta here
Old 01-12-2015, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350skylark View Post
Hey! Im from riverside In the Arlington area near Van Buren and Magnolia
welcome fellow neighbor. I'm off Madison and Magnolia.

USN 2000-2004
USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72) WestPac 2002
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
Old 01-12-2015, 8:23 PM

Hey there fellow Riversider's. Recently joined the forum and I look forward to meeting some of you.

USN 2000-2004
USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72) WestPac 2002
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
Old 01-20-2015, 2:49 PM
CGSSA Leader

Just reminder for those that haven't seen it yet, there is a thread for the Riverside CGSSA monthly shoot.... I need shooters interested in attending. This would be the first shoot since last Aug!!! Let's get some names on there, I've almost got all the details for the event.....everything will be set come Friday or before. Follow the link and leave a comment.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1028684