Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > Ventura Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Feel free. I'm not the only one who has noticed and commented on it....
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawStar View Post
I haven't been there in probably 4 months, but it just doesn't seem like them from what I experienced. Not to mention that makes very little business sense to sell guns by appointment only.
I was there last month, the gun store section is by appointment only. Customer service for the range didn't seem any different in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2017, 11:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The appointment-only thing makes no sense to me at a range. Of course I am going to browse the store while I wait for a lane. Will I buy something? Not if the store has hardly anything in stock for me to fondle. Last time I was there, they had maybe 3 long guns (all bolt-action) and maybe 6-8 pistols (all either Glock or Sig) in the case. Nothing that I was in the market for.

They normally had 1-2 people working the gun store. The manager would come in to help if they got busy. I never saw more than that working in there, except during the panic at the end of SSE.

Smokin' Barrel always has good stock, so perhaps I will be going there instead of IVE when their range opens in April or so.
Old 03-01-2017, 4:42 AM

A little late to the party, I've finally created my account. Anything else I need to do to participate in Cal Gun shooting meets?

When is the next range day? Is it free or discounted?
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
― George Washington
Old 03-01-2017, 7:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_master87 View Post
A little late to the party, I've finally created my account. Anything else I need to do to participate in Cal Gun shooting meets?

When is the next range day? Is it free or discounted?
Welcome to the party, pal! Every Monday I believe is half price for calgunners, just mention it to the guy at the register and he'll apply the discount. Every last Friday of the month is free shooting for calgunners.

He said no aluminum casings, and no magnetic ammo, however they didn't even check me last time I went.
Old 03-02-2017, 2:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawStar View Post
Welcome to the party, pal! Every Monday I believe is half price for calgunners, just mention it to the guy at the register and he'll apply the discount. Every last Friday of the month is free shooting for calgunners.

He said no aluminum casings, and no magnetic ammo, however they didn't even check me last time I went.
Awesome thank you very much for the info. I'll try to set my calendars for Free shooting Fridays.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
― George Washington
Old 03-31-2017, 6:16 PM
CGSSA Leader
CGN Contributor

Pretty quiet at IVE right now, you ought to drop that remote and come by and shoot.
Old 04-01-2017, 2:44 PM

I remembered it was the last Friday of the month just after opening my second beer. I blame you guys for not posting in this thread the week leading up to yesterday. Maybe next month for me!
Old 04-03-2017, 1:30 AM

I made it to Free Shooting Fridays, and I had a blast. I was there from 3:30pm to a little past 5pm. Only paid $1.50 since I forgot to bring targets. I also was given a target by someone on their way out. So that was very nice of them.

I look forward to going again this month. Only thing I didn't enjoy was getting blasted by muzzle blasts from rifles on both sides of me. I may bring my AR next time with the Surefire Procomp and get people back

The Small hole target was done with my Ruger 10/22 using only iron sights and a bipod. Target was all the way to the back.

Man sized target was with my new 1911, barely breaking it in so please be kind.
― George Washington

Last edited by drift_master87; 04-13-2017 at 5:27 AM..
Old 04-05-2017, 8:46 AM

This is awesome, thank you - see you next time!!
Old 04-27-2017, 8:21 PM
CGSSA Leader
CGN Contributor

Next one is tomorrow night...
Old 04-28-2017, 1:04 AM

I'll be there tomorrow gents. My gf will be at work so I will be left to my own devices...

Look forward to shooting tomorrow.
― George Washington
Old 04-28-2017, 11:53 AM

I think I'll be going tonight. Anyone want me to bring a gun they've been wanting to try?

I can also bring my m&p40c if anyone is interested in buying: I'm moving out of state and is my least shot gun.
Old 04-28-2017, 6:09 PM
CGSSA Leader
CGN Contributor

Pretty slow here right now, perfect time to come by and shoot for free!
Old 04-30-2017, 8:35 PM

It was a fun friday night shoot at Ive. Got to meet fellow calgunner scifi and got a really good heads up and reminder that calgunners shoot for free every last friday of the month. scored on a super cool cg t-shirt and a nice patch, oh and scifi kicked down on an all day shooting pass. I shot my new used ruger vaquero and had a good time. some guy next lane over shot the roof with his shot gun and was told next time it would cost him 50 bucks. thanks scifi for representing.
Old 05-25-2017, 7:07 PM
CGSSA Leader
CGN Contributor

Tomorrow is the next one...
Old 06-01-2017, 11:14 PM

thx

Last edited by Nothingontv; 06-26-2017 at 2:23 PM..
Old 06-26-2017, 2:23 PM

Anyone going this week?
Old 06-28-2017, 5:11 AM

I'm going this weekend. Got my new AR to test out. Let me know if anyone wants to try one of my guns. Preferably bring your own ammo though lol.

I got a Stoeger M3000 24" 12 gauge if anyone wants to try it out. A few more other guns, send me private message if anyone is interested.
― George Washington
Old 06-29-2017, 9:35 PM
CGSSA Leader
CGN Contributor

Reminder everyone, tomorrow is the next one. Start the 4th of July weekend with a bang!
Old 06-30-2017, 2:58 PM

OMW now!
Old 06-30-2017, 4:34 PM

Just so you all know - I paid full price for my lane today- they told me the only calguns day was on Mondays - he told me Mondays calguns members get 50% off rates

The guy at the counter said because it's not on The Islandview website they cannot honor it.

Lame
Old 07-01-2017, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingontv View Post
Just so you all know - I paid full price for my lane today- they told me the only calguns day was on Mondays - he told me Mondays calguns members get 50% off rates

The guy at the counter said because it's not on The Islandview website they cannot honor it.

Lame
I'm sorry to hear they made you pay full price. They tried to do the same thing to me in Feb or March. I politely asked the associate to verify with someone else and they informed him that the last Friday of the month was indeed Free Shoot day for Calgun Members.

I showed up around 5:30pm and stayed until 7:30pm ish. Had the range by myself for a good while. Also noticed when the range officer "checked" my AR. He covertly came over to inspect it, pressed on the bullet button to make sure it was legal. Fun times.
― George Washington
Old 07-01-2017, 8:51 PM
CGSSA Leader
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Lame
Unfortunately, they seem to have high turnover lately and the new people never seem to be told about it. I suggest you have them check with their manager, that should work. The guy who was at the counter when I was there yesterday didn't know about Calguns night either, my apologies for your experience.
Old 07-02-2017, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_master87 View Post
I'm sorry to hear they made you pay full price. They tried to do the same thing to me in Feb or March. I politely asked the associate to verify with someone else and they informed him that the last Friday of the month was indeed Free Shoot day for Calgun Members.

I showed up around 5:30pm and stayed until 7:30pm ish. Had the range by myself for a good while. Also noticed when the range officer "checked" my AR. He covertly came over to inspect it, pressed on the bullet button to make sure it was legal. Fun times.
Wow, checking your AR? They didn't check mine, it's legal but damn... makes me think twice about what I bring with me to indoor ranges I guess.

I wonder if that's a policy there or an over zealous employee. I wonder what would happen if it wasn't legal in their opinion??

Last edited by Nothingontv; 07-02-2017 at 9:50 PM..
Old 07-02-2017, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifigunner View Post
Unfortunately, they seem to have high turnover lately and the new people never seem to be told about it. I suggest you have them check with their manager, that should work. The guy who was at the counter when I was there yesterday didn't know about Calguns night either, my apologies for your experience.
It's alright -

Ive been going there about 2-3x a month lately. I'm actually concerned if they are getting enough business to stay open- it's been really slow the last few times I've been there.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
It's alright -

Ive been going there about 2-3x a month lately. I'm actually concerned if they are getting enough business to stay open- it's been really slow the last few times I've been there.
I haven't been there in about a year but last I heard the staff was changing frequently.
Old 07-27-2017, 8:42 PM

Hello,

I live in L.A. but spend a lot of time in Oxnard so I thought I would try out the Ventura shoot. I will be coming with a friend. I look forward to meeting some new Calguns friends.
Old 08-21-2017, 7:30 PM

Anyone going this week?
Old 08-25-2017, 10:07 AM

thinking about it
Old 08-25-2017, 12:19 PM
CGSSA Leader
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwiener1 View Post
thinking about it
Don't just think about it, go! Shooting is free all day today, not just when I'm there.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:02 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Are they still doing last friday of the month is free? All I see is 50% Mondays on their site.
Old 10-25-2017, 2:50 PM

scifigunner... is this friday free to shoot for calguns? Last time i went, the guy behind the register said because it wasn't on their site, he couldn't honor the free shoot day.
Old 10-25-2017, 8:09 PM
CGSSA Leader
CGN Contributor

Yes, still free, ask for a manager if the guy behind the counter doesn't know or doesn't want to give it to you.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifigunner View Post
Yes, still free, ask for a manager if the guy behind the counter doesn't know or doesn't want to give it to you.
Thanks!
Be there tomorrow, anyone else going?
Old 10-30-2017, 1:03 PM

Had to convince the guy behind the counter it was a free shot day but after talking with two people on site they gave the free lane. Overall it was a great experience, you all should check it out if you haven’t
Old 11-04-2017, 9:31 PM

New ownership must’ve changed it.
Old 11-20-2017, 9:44 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

So is the monthly shoot on Friday the 24th of Nov (day after Thanksgiving) still on? I'll be around for this one and would like to come and bring some friends...
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love. -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

Old 11-21-2017, 12:54 PM
CGSSA Leader
CGN Contributor

Still on, have fun!
Old 11-21-2017, 1:17 PM

Can we go anytime during the day? Is there going to be any official meet up this month?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2017, 10:25 AM

I’m guessing this is still happening for tomorrow?