Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:52 AM

Forgive my ignorance here, but would this apply to target shooting in National Forest?
Old 09-14-2017, 11:36 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by j15w View Post
Forgive my ignorance here, but would this apply to target shooting in National Forest?
Already covered earlier in this thread, the answer is no.

It applies only to the unloaded open carrying of long guns, in unincorporated areas where shooting is prohibited, while not being a licensed hunter going to or from a hunting expedition.

Don't panic. As of 11/21/2018, only around 40% of BBRAW applicants have received their letter. DOJ is still actively processing them... slowly. In the meantime:

Old 10-13-2017, 4:24 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Brown signed this into law today. You can view his comments here: https://www.gov.ca.gov/docs/AB_7_Sig...ssage_2017.pdf

Don't panic. As of 11/21/2018, only around 40% of BBRAW applicants have received their letter. DOJ is still actively processing them... slowly. In the meantime:

Old 10-14-2017, 7:20 AM

Yet more evidence, for those CalGuns members who think Moonbeam is, at times, reasonable on anti-gun legislation, or who think that Moonbeam might veto this and that, that Moonbeam is truly an anti 2A Governor, through and through.

As to this specific bill, how on earth can a mere mortal know if he/she is a) is stepping into an unincorporated area in any given moment; b) whether one is standing in a place where it is illegal to discharge a firearm? Is someone going to issue, and update hourly, exquisitely detailed maps of every nook and cranny of California showing both of the aforementioned prohibitions?

Suppose you get out of your vehicle, sling your rifle/shotgun over your shoulder, and start walking down a trail, or across public land to an area you own or have been shooting on. Are you going to be charged with a crime, misdemeanor, or whatever, by treading on forbidden ground?

Oh, and there's just one other thing: what can I now reliably consider "non-open" carry of a long gun? Does that mean said firearm is locked in a steel case with wheels on it?

“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We’ll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we’ll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. ” (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
Old 10-14-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
Brown signed this into law today. You can view his comments here: https://www.gov.ca.gov/docs/AB_7_Sig...ssage_2017.pdf
My favorite lie in the Governor's signing statement is the following sentence, "This action does not in any way alter the dozens of current provisions of law that allow gun-owners to openly carry long guns in common everyday situations."

EXCEPT for the fact that many of us can no longer carry an uncased, unloaded firearm from our house to our vehicles without now being guilty of committing a criminal act.

It's simply amazing to read an obvious, bold-faced lie in a Governor's signing statement for a new law.

Regarding Life and Death:
"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28

The BIG question: "What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ?" Matthew 27:22b
Old 10-14-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not a Cook View Post
My favorite lie in the Governor's signing statement is the following sentence, "This action does not in any way alter the dozens of current provisions of law that allow gun-owners to openly carry long guns in common everyday situations."

EXCEPT for the fact that many of us can no longer carry an uncased, unloaded firearm from our house to our vehicles without now being guilty of committing a criminal act.

It's simply amazing to read an obvious, bold-faced lie in a Governor's signing statement for a new law.
Excellent point, Not a Cook!

“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We’ll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we’ll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. ” (Ronald Reagan, 1964)