Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Bay Area Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2017, 2:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM350 View Post
GF&OS is what it is, and there is not nearly enough of these places available. How many stores carry loading supplies around here and where can you work with most calibers indoors at a 25 yard target you control with few ceasefires? Not many.

Lanes are generally inoperative because of intentional acts with *****hats aiming for the pully devices or just bad handling of firearms by inexperienced people who go there. They rent firearms which in and of itself is a potential for obvious problems. It's not hard to lend a hand to a new shooter and you're building bridges.

I actually appreciate the lack of breathing down the neck supervision I don't require.l at GF&OS. However, I also don't mind diming off an unsafe shooter to the range master or offering help to somebody who is clearly new to the environment. Think big picture here and encourage a new shooter in a polite way and we have a new 2A advocate. We also help preserve a dwindling resource at the same time.

The guys who work there are cool if you spend a little time cultivating a good rapport and don't treat them poorly as I've seen.

+1.
I've seen all manner of beginner shooters at GFOS. As I can, I lend a hand and try to help and be as encouraging as possible. Yes, they have scary new shooters from time to time. But, we've all been there at one time or another. If you never pitch in and say anything, it allows the problem to continue.

If I can, I go there early weekend mornings when the die hard shooters show up.

For the most part, the RO's there are pretty cool and always helpful.

If GFOS goes out of business, that's one less place for us to go shooting.
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)