Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 10-06-2017, 7:18 AM

Default Uptick in visitor count to the reloading section

Anybody else notice the recent uptick/count of visitors to this section of Calguns? I'd say about a doubling in my estimation, maybe more maybe less but certainly an uptick.

This is of course a good thing and is almost certainly a harbinger of things coming down the political road of Kalifornia.

WELCOME FRIENDS
Old 10-06-2017, 7:50 AM

Not really . Seems about the same number of which press is better .
I have noticed not as many asking about Lee or which dies are good / better .
I have not seen any questions about CFE powder for a while
Old 10-06-2017, 7:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyjr View Post
Not really . Seems about the same number of which press is better .
I have noticed not as many asking about Lee or which dies are good / better .
I have not seen any questions about CFE powder for a while
You bring up a very interesting point Tony. I'm speaking only of raw numbers of "VISITORS" here.

Most it seems are just visiting and not posting. Few exceptions where newbies post and seek out advice (see thread by sfarchitect for example). But it seems most are just visiting for info which is a good thing as well....

Last edited by AandO; 10-06-2017 at 8:02 AM..
Old 10-06-2017, 10:20 AM

I spend more time in the ammo and reloading section than anywhere else on CalGuns. You might be right, but I haven't noticed it, but then I haven't been looking.

I have noticed that there are a lot less posts from Stilly, since he's been banned. He is/was a character that made this section much more interesting!
Front Sight DG
CRPA, USPSA, AOPA, EAA, CCW: CA & AZ
Yes, I'm related to Texas Jack
Old 10-06-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AandO View Post
Anybody else notice the recent uptick/count of visitors to this section of Calguns? I'd say about a doubling in my estimation, maybe more maybe less but certainly an uptick.

This is of course a good thing and is almost certainly a harbinger of things coming down the political road of Kalifornia.

WELCOME FRIENDS
It's just me cause I'm bored at work and cycle through the forum a couple time a day.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:44 AM

More visitors vs posts is a better ratio. That means people are actually using the SEARCH function
Old 10-09-2017, 1:28 PM

I'm new. Started a thread to get me started in the right direction. Made a few small batches to get the routine down, and make all the rookie mistakes.

Now working on a 500 round batch, while trying to improve efficiency. Certainly mind numbing at times.

Wish i had known then what I know now, I would have started with a turret or progressive. I would have gotten a friend, or taken a class, to teach me the process. Single stage is great for learning, but very tedious for large quantities.

Anyway , thanks for the knowledge.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2017, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Single stage is great for learning, but very tedious for large quantities.
True, but I only shoot bolt guns and a big day at the range for me is probably 40 rounds of centerfire and 200 rounds of .22lr. I know that's pretty small for most people but it's enough for me.

Once cases are prepped and primed, I can do 50-100 cases/day depending on how tired I get. Maybe two weeks to get stocked up for squirrel shooting, where I might shoot 200/day. Two things I like about a single stage press. first, I want to measure each charge individually anyway to get loads that are as consistent as possible. Second, it's harder to propagate mistakes.

I started reloading in part to have access to reasonably priced lead-free rounds for my rifles, in part for the satisfaction of being able to roll my own, and in part because load development is like the labs I did in college, but much more interesting. I'm probably not going to come out ahead dollar-wise for a few years, but as I tell my wife, it keeps me away from booze and loose women.
Old 10-09-2017, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJackKin View Post
I spend more time in the ammo and reloading section than anywhere else on CalGuns. You might be right, but I haven't noticed it, but then I haven't been looking.

I have noticed that there are a lot less posts from Stilly, since he's been banned. He is/was a character that made this section much more interesting!
Maybe people stop by to see about Stilly , that would up the visitors . Just to see whats up .

Bweise says "I have to say the situation was not at all helped by 22 yr old former Airsoft douches who kept touting here, "But possession is not illegal!" "

Those that live in glass houses should not throw stones , cause I got a sling shot

Fighting on the internet is like being in the special Olympics , everybody wins but your still retarded.
Old 10-09-2017, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Dunsel View Post
Maybe people stop by to see about Stilly , that would up the visitors . Just to see whats up .
LOL Maybe it is Stilly spamming the section with 100's of different user names to get back in......