Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Calguns Shooting Team
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Shooting Team Follow, Support and Encourage the Calguns Shooting Team

Old 06-03-2016, 4:39 PM

Default 2016 Sports Fair at Raahauges June 3-4-5

Team Captain Chad Cheung (RoundEye) will be there all weekend working the Lucas Oil Outdoor Line \ 3 Gun Nation Experience booth. Come by, say Hi, and get some samples of the incredible Extreme Duty Gun Oil!

Old 06-03-2016, 5:09 PM
Veteran Member

Save me some, I'll be up Sunday.
Old 06-04-2016, 6:42 AM

Bring money, a hat and water, it's fun and HOT out there. Attended on Friday.
Old 06-04-2016, 4:45 PM

show up early, the sig booth was free!!!
Old 06-05-2016, 7:44 PM

Good show, picked up a nice shirt at the booth....Good people in the booth....represented well. Thanks for helping out.
Old 06-05-2016, 7:52 PM

I went yesterday and burnt 200$ by the end of the day- was there until closing. However, I got to try to shoot and tested a lot of what I wanted to have, plus some tritip sandwich and Gatorade. Even got free shirt and Hornady cap! I'll go again next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reloading Equipment
Old 06-05-2016, 8:22 PM

I attended on Saturday. Weather was good, not as hot as Friday. Uncrowded, and definitely a smaller crowd than at years past (2013 and 2014). $15 entrance fee + $5 parking.

Spent about $40 shooting guns from various vendors. I tried out guns from various manufacturers, including a 9mm Kriss Vector Gen II. I didn't like it; they also had a 45 cal Gen II Kriss Vector, but I passed on it.

As someone mentioned, the Sig Sauer booth let you shoot for free, so I shot their 9mm MPX Carbine several times at no charge. I liked this one so much, I placed a deposit on one at the Turners Outdoorsman tent, where they had them on pre-sale for $1699, which was $100 off from the regular price of $1,799. Turner's don't have any yet in stock but are expecting forty to come in soon. Didn't expect to buy anything that day, but I took advantage of this opportunity especially in light of the proposed CA assault weapons legislation.

The Turner's tent also had great deals on a Ruger LCP revolver for $299 (sold out fast), an entry level AR-15 for $399, and 4 Anderson AR-15 lowers for $200. They also had a Del Ton AR-15 for $499 During the panic year of 2013, I bought a similar one at the same Turner's tent for $899. Can't believe how high prices were back then.

Turner's also had a raffle, and I won!!! I got a range bag, a Turner's cap, and gun lubricant from Lucas Oil, which has gotten into the firearms business. Yippee!

Finally, they had a berm dedicated to some cool heavy duty firearms, including one Russian gun, maybe a 20mm, that cost $10 to shoot. Didn't do it, maybe next year.

Missing this year was the lecture tent, where in years past they would hold several lectures, including a great one from attorney Michael Michel's office. Hopefully, this will be back next year.

All in all, I had a great time. Spent five hours there in the afternoon. I plan on making this an annual event for me.

Last edited by GI Combat; 06-05-2016 at 8:30 PM..
Old 06-06-2016, 6:00 PM

a couple of observations and recommendations,

there were several manufactures that were not present (FN, HK, etc) because turners does not sell them. - maybe have some of the local ffl's set up booths to sell items that are not sold at turners

The show was the same weekend as the crossroads of the west show in costa mesa, poor scheduling? maybe incorporate both together for one weekend?

As mentioned above, absent were the letures...
also absent were the large variety of historic firearms, howitzer, gatling, etc

As I understand, the majority of the ammo was Wolf, I noticed some inconsistency with the 308 and 223 that I shot. I also heard about a couple of cease fires for ammo issues.

Absent was also the multitude of accessories. Maybe invite a large accessory company to set up shop? Midway etc

One of the biggest complaints I heard was the abundance of firearms that were brought to the show were not CA compliant... see it, shoot it, buy it( just not in CA)

just my four cents

I was glad to see the show return, thank you to turners and mike jr and family for bringing this show back
Old 06-06-2016, 6:12 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jones View Post
a couple of observations and recommendations,

there were several manufactures that were not present (FN, HK, etc) because turners does not sell them. - maybe have some of the local ffl's set up booths to sell items that are not sold at turners
I know Turners sells HK, I bought a USP Elite there last month. And they show FNH gun for sale on the website, I think they usually have them in-store as well.

https://www.turners.com/brand/fnh

Quote:
The show was the same weekend as the crossroads of the west show in costa mesa, poor scheduling? maybe incorporate both together for one weekend?
its been like that as long as I can remember. apparently neither group is willing to blink.

Quote:
One of the biggest complaints I heard was the abundance of firearms that were brought to the show were not CA compliant... see it, shoot it, buy it( just not in CA)
now that is weak.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 06-10-2016, 7:24 AM

Yea, I heard from friends that they shot a bunch of guns which the wanted but wernt CA complaint? The Fak is that? Sure buy sum lubricant that I can buy on Amazon. Passed on that.
Old 06-14-2016, 6:18 PM

i stopped by but chad wasen't there.
Old 06-24-2016, 3:20 PM
CGSSA Director
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranski View Post
Save me some, I'll be up Sunday.
It was pretty crazy Saturday and very hot. Sunday was a lot more manageable. Did you swing by the booth and get a sample?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORRGAR9 View Post
Bring money, a hat and water, it's fun and HOT out there. Attended on Friday.
I heard Friday was pretty hot as well, but the crowds were certainly less. Glad you had a good time.

Quote:
show up early, the sig booth was free!!!
Damn, I hate missing out on free stuff. The 9mm MCX deffintely peaks my I rest as a PCC gun. Maybe they'll do it again next year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by realbadlarry View Post
Good show, picked up a nice shirt at the booth....Good people in the booth....represented well. Thanks for helping out.
Was this at the CGN .22lr fun shoot booth or? Glad you made it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyp View Post
I went yesterday and burnt 200$ by the end of the day- was there until closing. However, I got to try to shoot and tested a lot of what I wanted to have, plus some tritip sandwich and Gatorade. Even got free shirt and Hornady cap! I'll go again next year!
That's the idea, try before you buy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GI Combat View Post
Turner's also had a raffle, and I won!!! I got a range bag, a Turner's cap, and gun lubricant from Lucas Oil, which has gotten into the firearms business. Yippee!
Congrats on your win! Enjoy the Lucas Oil samples, I've been using nothing else for the last year and half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalpetres View Post
i stopped by but chad wasen't there.
What? I was there working all day both days except for a few minutes when I went to bother the CGN booth, or was grabbing a bite. Sorry, I missed you.
Old 06-24-2016, 9:35 PM

Quote:
maybe have some of the local ffl's set up booths to sell items that are not sold at turners
The event is orchestrated by Turners btw. Probably would be a poor business decision to allow other FFLs to sell there.
Old 06-24-2016, 9:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
It was pretty crazy Saturday and very hot. Sunday was a lot more manageable. Did you swing by the booth and get a sample?

Yup, thanks you were quite busy. Looked like a great turnout.