Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMP91 View Post
This. Exactly.

Maybe you don't want to register because you're hiding an illegal unregistered Post-86 MG or an unregistered Class 3 weapon. Or you don't want the government to know what kind of firepower you have so when they come to "get you", they'll know exactly how to counter your weapons, they know your weaknesses (as well as the weaknesses of your particular firearms, the ones you're most likely to use against their agents) and will exploit them. If worst comes to worst and they can't get you out by force, they'll just kidnap your wife and kids and coerce you to surrender your weapons in exchange for their lives.

^ This is just pretty much how I'm interpreting most of the responses here, rather hostile IMO.

Also, I own more than just one gun (15 and counting) and I have WILLINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY registered them, even the long guns (they aren't required to be registered yet). I know that the registration information will not be used against me in any way, shape or form. As good as a movie as it is, watching Red Dawn does not make you the be-all end-all expert on gun control and confiscation. Despite what the majority of CalGunners think, these doomsday/apocalyptic "registration leads to confiscation" scenarios are absolute pipe dreams as far as the antis are concerned. I agree that we should remain vigilant, but the sky ain't falling!
I find it quite telling about your opinion that you decide to respond only to the person who agreed with you over the last few hours yet you ignore my perfectly valid request for evidence to support your assertions.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

-Brandon
Old 07-23-2012, 4:34 PM

Quote:
I know that the registration information will not be used against me in any way, shape or form. As good as a movie as it is, watching Red Dawn does not make you the be-all end-all expert on gun control and confiscation. Despite what the majority of CalGunners think, these doomsday/apocalyptic "registration leads to confiscation" scenarios are absolute pipe dreams as far as the antis are concerned. I agree that we should remain vigilant, but the sky ain't falling!
Were the British and Australians living a "pipe dream"? It's a question you seem rather intent on avoiding.

Basking in the post-Heller glow of a mere four years ago, you confidently state that the information you provide to your government will not be used against you in any way, shape or form. How confidently can you make that assertion as it pertains to your children? Your grandchildren? I guess you're willing to take that chance on their behalves.
Old 07-23-2012, 4:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Also, I own more than just one gun (15 and counting) and I have WILLINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY registered them, even the long guns (they aren't required to be registered yet). I know that the registration information will not be used against me in any way, shape or form. As good as a movie as it is, watching Red Dawn does not make you the be-all end-all expert on gun control and confiscation. Despite what the majority of CalGunners think, these doomsday/apocalyptic "registration leads to confiscation" scenarios are absolute pipe dreams as far as the antis are concerned. I agree that we should remain vigilant, but the sky ain't falling!
How can talk about remaining vigilant and then cry for registration at the same time? Non sequitur much?
Old 07-23-2012, 4:46 PM

"And across the lives of most men run stretches of Goodwin Sand;
And across the life of a nation, as across the track of a ship,
Lies the hidden rock, or the iceberg, within the horizon dip.
And wise men know them, and warn us, with lightship, or voice, or pen;
But we strike, and the fool survivors sail on to strike again."

In 1982, they introduced registration, the government of the day guaranteed they would not limit the number or type of guns we were "allowed" to own.

In 1982, they banned the private ownership of semi-auto centre fire rifles, they knew who had them, because they were registered. They also introduced "permits to purchase" which required licence holders to apply to a Sergeant of Police for permission to purchase a firearm. Private sales were banned.

In 1996, they banned semi and pump shotguns and semi rimfires, they knew who had them, they were registered. "Permits to purchase" became "applications to acquire" and required a twenty eight day cooling off period before issue.

In 2002, they came after most pistols, they knew who had them, they were registered. They also required the registration of most antiques.

In 2010, they banned imitation longarms, you're not even allowed to hang a non-firing replica musket above your mantlepiece.

The anti's are now pushing for a total ban on the private ownership of pistols and all centrefire rifles.

Do not go down the "Australian road".
Old 07-23-2012, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Melb View Post
"And across the lives of most men run stretches of Goodwin Sand;
And across the life of a nation, as across the track of a ship,
Lies the hidden rock, or the iceberg, within the horizon dip.
And wise men know them, and warn us, with lightship, or voice, or pen;
But we strike, and the fool survivors sail on to strike again."

In 1982, they introduced registration, the government of the day guaranteed they would not limit the number or type of guns we were "allowed" to own.

In 1982, they banned the private ownership of semi-auto centre fire rifles, they knew who had them, because they were registered. They also introduced "permits to purchase" which required licence holders to apply to a Sergeant of Police for permission to purchase a firearm. Private sales were banned.

In 1996, they banned semi and pump shotguns and semi rimfires, they knew who had them, they were registered. "Permits to purchase" became "applications to acquire" and required a twenty eight day cooling off period before issue.

In 2002, they came after most pistols, they knew who had them, they were registered. They also required the registration of most antiques.

In 2010, they banned imitation longarms, you're not even allowed to hang a non-firing replica musket above your mantlepiece.

The anti's are now pushing for a total ban on the private ownership of pistols and all centrefire rifles.

Do not go down the "Australian road".
RMP91 will simply dismiss this as tin-foil hattery, of course. You must have simply "pipe dreamt" it.
Old 07-23-2012, 4:52 PM

I will respond with a couple simple questions.

What's so good about registration?

What does it gain me or anybody else for someone to know what I own?

And I will bet I will not get a logical response.
- David M. Bennett
Old 07-23-2012, 4:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey_Sauer View Post
RMP91 will simply dismiss this as tin-foil hattery, of course. You must have simply "pipe dreamt" it.
That's only because it's one of those idiot comments that make gun owners look stupid.
Old 07-23-2012, 4:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by otalps View Post
That's only because it's one of those idiot comments that make gun owners look stupid.
You're actually correct. I've ignored certain posts (esp. the personal attack ones) here as those kinds of statements will simply make us all look bad in the eyes of the media and legislature (as if they didn't hate us enough). I wisely pick my battles, this one, it seems is a losing one no matter whose side you're on, which is why this will be my last post in this thread. While we were all busy ridiculing and arguing amongst ourselves, the antis are reorganizing, regrouping.

We're our own worst enemy here folks. Let's just agree to disagree on things, for if we stay fixated on those disagreements, we will surely lose in the end.

There's lots of players on the team. Not everyone gets to play "Quarterback". -CEDaytonaRydr
Old 07-23-2012, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otalps View Post
Really? how so?
Old 07-23-2012, 5:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfNshoot View Post
We don't have a true registration so how could you show results on effectiveness? Why would you ask a question you know there is not an answer for at this moment?

Now. What could it do if done all the way? Force people to do proper transactions with firearms. Again. I don't want crazy people owning firearms. This would require a process to transfer every single firearm. For me I'm fine with this. I hate the states that you can just go on KSL and buy and sell guns to whoever. I want responsible people owning guns. If my guns are registered to me and these processes are in place. I'm going to make sure I am following these rules so that nothing comes back to me some day saying "hey, you were the last registered owner of this gun and some guy just shot and killed 5 people with it how did this happen?" To me it just makes people more responsible.
Don't worry I'm sure freedom loving Americans from all over hate you too.

Quote:
I hate to say it but I find that there are just a lot of ignorant people out there that don't know how this country is run. People keep making references to Hitler and taking guns back. We don't have a damned dictator in this country we are a democracy. We vote on things and if things that get voted on are unconstitunional it is taken to court. This is how we have upheld our second amendment right to own firearms. I wish people would stop using arguments that have nothing to do with us and stop living in fear of the government. Become a part of the solution and use the goverment the way it is suppose to be used. We have real problems with no solutions because people are always about just do nothing.
Ah I see public school fail's again, the United States is a Republic and not a democracy.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.
― Thomas Jefferson

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Last edited by tuolumnejim; 07-23-2012 at 5:08 PM..
Old 07-23-2012, 5:06 PM

Quote:
You're actually correct. I've ignored certain posts (esp. the personal attack ones) here as those kinds of statements will simply make us all look bad in the eyes of the media and legislature (as if they didn't hate us enough). I wisely pick my battles, this one, it seems is a losing one no matter whose side you're on, which is why this will be my last post in this thread. While we were all busy ridiculing and arguing amongst ourselves, the antis are reorganizing, regrouping.

We're our own worst enemy here folks. Let's just agree to disagree on things, for if we stay fixated on those disagreements, we will surely lose in the end.
Ignoring posts containing personal attacks may make sense. However it seems that you may also be ignoring perfectly legitimate questions.

Perhaps the most important question is the opposite of the one that began this thread.

So what's good about registration?

-Brandon
Old 07-23-2012, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Really? how so?
I think he was just sarcastically taking a jab at RMP91.

ETA: Sorry, my memory served me poorly. It appears to have been directed at surfNshoot.

-Brandon

Last edited by Connor P Price; 07-23-2012 at 5:12 PM..
Old 07-23-2012, 5:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Really? how so?
It was sarcasm, I was referencing this post

Quote:
Such a predictable question. Like i said. If it is done fully all states would have the same thing then we would actually be able to see some results. For some poeple it is a 15 minute drive to go get a gun and bring it back. Please tell me how you can get results with a system like this? OH and here we go with the other remarks of "well lets just register all knives" C'mon guys. stop derailing the conversation. EVERYONE knows you can't stick 10 knives in a magazine and fling them at ten people in a matter of seconds. These are those idiot coments that just make us look stupid. STOP IT!!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 5:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Such a predictable question. Like i said. If it is done fully all states would have the same thing then we would actually be able to see some results. For some poeple it is a 15 minute drive to go get a gun and bring it back. Please tell me how you can get results with a system like this? OH and here we go with the other remarks of "well lets just register all knives" C'mon guys. stop derailing the conversation. EVERYONE knows you can't stick 10 knives in a magazine and fling them at ten people in a matter of seconds. These are those idiot coments that just make us look stupid. STOP IT!!!!
Then stop making asinine statements, seems pretty simple.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.
― Thomas Jefferson

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams
Old 07-23-2012, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Vilgilance. Voting for the right man/woman (Granted, almost all politicians suck, but that's beside the point).

If worst comes to worst, find a place in the woods to stash them for a while and use the "boating accident" excuse!
Easier not to register in the first place. Besides, do you really think they will buy the boating accident excuse. If it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up...
Old 07-23-2012, 5:26 PM

gun registration should just have one question on it. "Do you own guns?" followed by 2 check boxes. 1 for yes and the other for no. And that is all the registration questions that need be asked by our government.

Why does the government need to know what type of gun I own? Does it really matter?
Why does the government need to know how many I have? I can only use 1 or 2 at a time. So if I own over 2 guns then does it matter how many more I own?

Lets say the government knows I own 3 big bad as rifles and a kick as pistol. How will that info help government? Does that info help government? It would be great info for ammo and gear manufacturers and retailers but I fail to see how this info is helpful to the government. In fact this government run database actually costs money to keep running and maintain! So a better question is how much is this useless database of gun owners costing the tax payers?
Old 07-23-2012, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrPhelps View Post
gun registration should just have one question on it. "Do you own guns?" followed by 2 check boxes. 1 for yes and the other for no. And that is all the registration questions that need be asked by our government.

Why does the government need to know what type of gun I own? Does it really matter?
Why does the government need to know how many I have? I can only use 1 or 2 at a time. So if I own over 2 guns then does it matter how many more I own?

Lets say the government knows I own 3 big bad as rifles and a kick as pistol. How will that info help government? Does that info help government? It would be great info for ammo and gear manufacturers and retailers but I fail to see how this info is helpful to the government. In fact this government run database actually costs money to keep running and maintain! So a better question is how much is this useless database of gun owners costing the tax payers?
Why should they know whether you have guns or not?

-Brandon
Old 07-23-2012, 5:49 PM

Quote:

Why even ask a question such as posed in the OP? Nothing good can come from registration. Sorry, but even posing such a question on this board comes across as divisive.
Old 07-23-2012, 5:54 PM

Quote:
Look, I understand and respect all of your views on this.

But I just don't see how registering a gun = getting confiscated (and even if that were true, there's no way they'd get away with it without AT THE VERY LEAST a Compensation Clause in which the government has to pay you $1 million for EVERY gun taken, don't think they can't afford that).

Yes, extreme versions of this has happened in Nazi Germany, Australia, the UK and (more recently) Venezuela. But remember that we, the United States of America have the 2nd Amendment and the Bill of Rights, these are rights that cannot be taken away from you without Due Process of Law (or, if you for some reason choose to waive them).

So all these fantasies and doomsday scenarios in which the government comes door to door taking your guns by force is completely outlandish in a place like America. Our military and police forces swore an Oath to uphold and defend the Constitution, I do not believe for a moment that they will go back on their vows even if it meant putting food on the table for their families.
Yep, and in the period immediately following Hurricane Katrina, there was the 2nd Amendment, all poised to defend your rights from abuse under "due process of law"

Hint here, the 2nd Amendment isn't much use when the copper points his M16 at you and says he's taking your guns, and you can't prove anything, because he isn't giving receipts out today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K52h9m0_OiY
Old 07-23-2012, 7:56 PM

Default Unreal

Quote:
I hate to say it but I find that there are just a lot of ignorant people out there that don't know how this country is run. People keep making references to Hitler and taking guns back. We don't have a damned dictator in this country we are a democracy. We vote on things and if things that get voted on are unconstitunional it is taken to court. This is how we have upheld our second amendment right to own firearms. I wish people would stop using arguments that have nothing to do with us and stop living in fear of the government. Become a part of the solution and use the goverment the way it is suppose to be used. We have real problems with no solutions because people are always about just do nothing.
I'm stunned at your naivete and your ignorance of American gun-politics. How could you not be aware of the death struggle over gun-rights which has transpired over the last 80 years?

If only things were as safe and settled in America as you seem to assume. But the level of security of our gun-rights which you take for granted, will in reality not be achieved until decades from now.

The power of the anti-gun movement in America peaked as recently as 1994. True enough the tide has turned in a dramatic fashion since then, but the fight is only at a climax and it is far from over. In other English speaking nations, the anti-gunners have all but won. Only Canada shows some small signs of reversing the inevitable tide of total gun prohibition, a tide which has swamped the UK and is busy swallowing up Australia.

DC v Heller was in 2008! McDonald v Chicago was in 2010! And both those cases were decided by a razor thin 5 to 4 vote. Even worse, the minority opinion in McDonald v Chicago let it be known that they want to overturn DC v Heller. If Obama is reelected and appoints one more anti-gun justice to the two he has already appointed to the US Supreme Court, the 2nd Amendment is as good as dead. That's how close and how tight the battle for gun-rights remains, even today.

Yet you casually assume that any interference in our gun rights will be overturned in Federal Court? Are you paying attention to recent events? The handgun bans in Chicago and Washington DC were just struck down, and yet people still can't get handguns there due to the obstinate and illegal resistance of the anti-gun city governments.

The registration law you suggest would work so well is just like the NYC Sullivan law. The reality of such laws is they are tools used by anti-gunners to suppress ordinary gun ownership and gun-rights. Our nation has a decades long history of governments abusing laws which regulate guns. That's why legal concealed carry was almost dead in our country for fifty years, and has only recently revived.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:00 PM

For all those who believe that registration is harmless, there's one aspect I neglected to mention, legislated "safekeeping" requirements.

Once the powers that be know exactly who owns what, they begin legislating who can keep what and the manner in which it can be kept.

Police cannot enter my neighbour's home without a search warrant.

At my home, they can enter and search at any time, night or day, on the basis of a "safekeeping" inspection, because I have firearms registered on the premises. Any attempt to deny enter may result in force being used, and will result in the confiscation of all arms and ammunition and cancellation of licence.

With apologies to Goodwin, there's a word for people who lawfully own guns in any jurisdiction requiring registration, they're called "untermensch"
Old 07-24-2012, 6:50 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiondude View Post
Easier not to register in the first place. Besides, do you really think they will buy the boating accident excuse. If it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up...
QFT.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:

Once again, you are wrong. We are stronger, not in spite of our willingness to debate, but because of it. Because we are willing to debate these matters, we test our arguments, our assumptions. And in the end, it makes our arguments stronger, so that we're not just relying on canned, stock phrases that may be true but tired.

Aside from being suspected of trolling, I did not see anything close to being a personal attack on you. On the other hand, you resorted to the watered-down insult of "tin foil hats" to characterize anyone who believed in confiscation (ignoring, of course, people here who have had actual experience with confiscation.)

If you staked out a position, and were willing to defend it, I think you would have gotten a lot more respect. Too bad. But I'm not sure what type of reaction you expected posting a loose argument in favor of gun registration on a gun forum, in the 2A section.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor P Price View Post
Why should they know whether you have guns or not?

Psst...

Unless you bought your guns illegally, they already do!

A.W.D.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz-of-Awd View Post
Psst...

A.W.D.
really????????
I got guns I bought at yard sales etc before the FFL requirment.
So NO THEY DON'T KNOW & I DID NOTHING ILLEGAL
Old 07-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12voltguy View Post
really????????
I got guns I bought at yard sales etc before the FFL requirment.
So NO THEY DON'T KNOW & I DID NOTHING ILLEGAL
OK, so to rephrase my question correctly:

What about the guns purchased across our country "through the system?"
These are known about, and this data could be quite easily turned into a database/registry of firearms and owners. I think we are all naive to think that it isn't already the case.

Also, there is no reason to yell. My question was meant to make you think about things a bit - outside a small set of circumstances compared to all guns sold nationwide.

A.W.D.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

These are known about, and this data could be quite easily turned into a database/registry of firearms and owners. I think we are all naive to think that it isn't already the case.

Also, there is no reason to yell. My question was meant to make you think about things a bit - outside a small set of circumstances compared to all guns sold nationwide.

A.W.D.
no reason to own a fast car or a gun, but we can, so I CAN YELL it's my 1st amd right
Old 07-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

It is illegal for the government to set up such a database. Not that I'd put it past them though.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Psst...

A.W.D.
That's an answer to an entirely different question than the one I asked.

-Brandon
Old 07-24-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
OK all you DB engineers and Systems guys out there...

Care to comment on the challenges of developing an orthogonal, normalized data set from such a spectacularly disparate input stream?

The go'vt might know WHO has firearms but they don't know WHAT they have.

...then there's always the 80%s

Certainty of death... small chance of success... what are we waiting for? --Gimli, son of Gloin; on attacking the vast army of Mordor

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!
I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
--Patrick Henry; Virginia, 1775
Old 07-24-2012, 12:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzy View Post
Meh, they actually banned handguns in San Fran.....and look at what happened, NOTHING!
What's your point? The law was overturned by Judge Warren before it could have taken effect. You realize handguns are not banned in SF, yes?
Old 07-24-2012, 12:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor P Price View Post
I find it quite telling about your opinion that you decide to respond only to the person who agreed with you over the last few hours yet you ignore my perfectly valid request for evidence to support your assertions.

You're being polite - you didn't really expect answers to your reasonable questions or regarding police visits to homes, the "benefits" of registration or why government intrusuion should be allowed. No support regarding "the police won't do it" statements - you didn't really, right?

These opening posts have a familiar lifespan, we saw it in the "should we be limited to 10 rounds?" thread. They read the same as the "gee whiz guys, I heard something bad about the Remington 700 trigger - tell me it isn't so" in which the "open minded" poster asks opinions, hasn't made up his mind and is looking for some honest discussion. Of course he's not and that soon becomes evident.

Whether they're even gun owners, who knows. But it soon becomes very clear their minds are made up, the harsh comments fly and an "I'm out of here" (which never seems to take ... ) is offered.

The larger issue is that gun owners supporting gun control causes us injury because in addition to being a legal issue gun control is a political issue. When gun owners allow that some gun control is OK they are pointed out by the Brady's and Bloombergs, the Schumers as "one of them says it's OK".

When a few CA gun owners take a "OK, it's not too bad" approach to a particular aspect of gun control such as the AW ban, mag limits, the roster, "gun show loophole", etc - well is it any surprise gun owners in other states don't consider us much of an asset and do the "it's your own fault" routine? I wonder, how would NAACP react if some of their members said "well, a little racism and inequality is OK"? How far would ACLU get if their member attorneys believed "a little bit of civil rights violation is OK"?

CA gun owners may end up with the sh*t end of the stick, but that doesn't mean we have to smile & ask for the sh*t end of the stick.

Last edited by dfletcher; 07-24-2012 at 12:49 PM..
Old 07-24-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
You're being polite - you didn't really expect answers to your reasonable questions or regarding police visits to homes, the "benefits" of registration or why government intrusuion should be allowed. No support regarding "the police won't do it" statements - you didn't really, right?
Nope, I didn't.

Just pointing out to the casual reader what's going on in my own round about way.

-Brandon
Old 07-24-2012, 12:48 PM
Banned

Go look at San Fransisco. They are trying to put meters in your car and charge i believe .11 a mile to drive in the Bay Area. Imagine living there and having to pay to drive daily. Not that i go there but I will never go there if they do this.
My point is as others have said give an inch ..
Old 07-24-2012, 12:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Psst...

A.W.D.
I have a total of one papered firearm, just like 12VGUY I bought many firearms well before that moronic and illegal FFL requirement or built them so no paperwork needed.
I'll be so glad when we finally go to Nevada full time and I can cash and carry whatever I'd like again.

― Thomas Jefferson

John Adams
Old 07-24-2012, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkincal View Post
OK all you DB engineers and Systems guys out there...

Care to comment on the challenges of developing an orthogonal, normalized data set from such a spectacularly disparate input stream?

The go'vt might know WHO has firearms but they don't know WHAT they have.

...then there's always the 80%s
Ok so off the top of my head I see 2 tables needed. One table would just hold the ssn and simple yes no if they own or not. If the ssn own is yes then go to table 2. Table 2 would hold ssn and gun identification number. Now if the government or law enforcement wanted more detail of the guns then a 3rd table would be needed to hold gun identification as key, make, model, cal, rate of fire, max effective range and max mag cap.

And I ask again. What benefit does this info serve our government? Lets stop and think about confiscation for a bit here. Average town of 2000 has what a sheriff and a couple deputies. Total of 3 law versus 1997 citizens. How will they confiscate? Los Angeles population around 3mil with a police force of 12000. How are those 12000(3000 civilian staff) going to confiscate all your firearms? How long would it take from the first confiscation for this to air on all major news channels? What would be the reaction from gun owners nation wide?

On a side note to my comment on the gun registration being only one question. Do you own yes or no. I did state only ONE UNO question! How do you all figure the link of that one question to come back to you? Did I say it should ask for your name, address and phone? narp!
Old 07-24-2012, 1:27 PM

What good would come out of registering guns? Nothing would change except the gov't would know what you have. I don't want them to know that kind of information.

The way I see it confiscation isn't that remote of an possibility. It has happend in the past to other countries. Right now the NRA is fighting the good fight but there could come a time when they aren't able to any more. Then nothing would stop the anti's

I am not a

Respectfully

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Requiro Pax Sed Praeparo Nam Bellum
Old 07-24-2012, 1:58 PM

I make this registration conundrum easy to contemplate for myself. I simply ask, "How does registration benefit me?" (thinks)...can't come up with an answer. So then 'Cui Bono' ? Dictators and elitist pigs.
Old 07-24-2012, 2:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrPhelps View Post
...What benefit does this info serve our government? Lets stop and think about confiscation for a bit here....
nevermind

A.W.D.
Old 07-24-2012, 8:11 PM

Registration leads to confiscation. All oppressive countries have done this to their citizens. Does Nazi Germany ring a bell?
Closed Thread