Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer135 View Post
sorry all I lost my Login and am now Boomer135 not snook135...

I pretty much just gave up. And even ruled out the storage in Reno... I just amended my Trust for storage in another location in Florida. Oh well. my MG's can sit in a safe and just keep going up in value.
A smart idea.In addition, I recommend calling the base Security Forces/MP squadron for clarification on any localized base gun regulations.

Do not listen to Fatal Err's advice on this subject.Whatever weapons you PCS with must be legal to own within the laws of the state the base is located in.

On top of that , each post commander is authorized to set policy on POW's which may exceed the state authority on gun laws. CA law permits bullet buttoned AR15s , but the Installation Commander can independently bar ownership of any weapon they deem fit on base by permanent party personnel. Bring an unauthorized weapon on base, and its an NJP/Article 15 on a silver platter for violating a direct order.

For an example, between 2008 and 2010 Army unit members in Alaska were not permitted to conceal carry on OR OFF POST by order of the Commanding General of the Region. CCW for civilians is perfectly legal according to state law in AK, but if an Army member had to shoot in self defense they'd get to face the base JAG. The CO made the order when a soldier with a CCW pulled a gun on someone under dubious circumstances, and its sadly SOP for the higher ups to just ban an activity outright when Airman Snuffy screws the pooch.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:26 AM

When I was stationed here in CA (not pendleton) all I had to do was register my weapons with the Provist Marshall then get it signed off by the commander, and I would be able to store my weapons in on post housing. The Provist Marshall also mentioned that since we are on federal land that the CA weapon laws did no apply and that Federal Laws apply. So there was no need for bullet buttons or other devices to make your out of state AW legal. But this only applied on post and soon as you left you had to follow CA State law.

In memory of Rogelio Antonio Ramirez, August 26th 2007
Saqlawiyah Iraq

"most people quick to go to war haven't seen it."-
unknown

Check out my YouTube page
http://www.youtube.com/user/DJCBX/videos
Old 12-03-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laabstract View Post
When I was stationed here in CA (not pendleton) all I had to do was register my weapons with the Provist Marshall then get it signed off by the commander, and I would be able to store my weapons in on post housing. The Provist Marshall also mentioned that since we are on federal land that the CA weapon laws did no apply and that Federal Laws apply. So there was no need for bullet buttons or other devices to make your out of state AW legal. But this only applied on post and soon as you left you had to follow CA State law.
How long ago was this, and working at a Pmo on an installation in California I can tell you, you were missed informed. Every post has regs pertaining to all pow's must obey state laws in order to register them on post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:26 PM

this was 2010

Saqlawiyah Iraq

unknown

Old 12-03-2012, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laabstract View Post
this was 2010
As many of us have stated the MAWP process was altered in late 2010. I'm not trying to make light of your experience, but commenting on how things were is not helpful when we are trying to inform people of current regulations regarding the firearms of non-resident servicemembers in CA.
Old 12-03-2012, 1:58 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Yes, MAWP was pretty much gutted in Fall, 2010 - see the 2A Forum thread http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=341986

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 12-03-2012, 2:13 PM

Whenever I look at my stack of expired MAWPs I shed a tear..
Old 12-03-2012, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novator View Post
As many of us have stated the MAWP process was altered in late 2010. I'm not trying to make light of your experience, but commenting on how things were is not helpful when we are trying to inform people of current regulations regarding the firearms of non-resident servicemembers in CA.
Well I was unaware of the changes, thanks for the information.

Saqlawiyah Iraq

unknown