Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2017, 2:38 PM

Default New Shooter

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to shooting and guns and am just looking for a shooting buddy or someone who wants to hit the range with me and share some tips or just shoot together and have some fun. I've been lurking the forums for some time now though and the community here seems awesome! I just bought my first firearm a week ago (a glock 19).

I'm located in Northern San Diego area and my preferred range is at Discount Gun Mart since it's the closest one to me. I have a membership there so you can use the lane with me free if I bring you as a guest!
Old 10-12-2017, 3:00 PM

Welcome!

Any other info you can share? Age? Other interests?

I'm picking up a handgun from DGM next week
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Old 10-12-2017, 3:05 PM

Thanks! I'm 21, male, and a student at UC San Diego. I'm pretty interested in the outdoors and outdoor activities. Actually planning on buying a long rifle and getting into hunting cause I think it'd be a nice skill to learn. Love cars too!
Old 10-12-2017, 3:06 PM

Haha, that is not northern SD. I live in Carlsbad/Vista and that is Northern SD. I would consider DGM in the middle of SD. Well I guess I am thinking county and you are thinking city...

I graduated from UCSD. Go Tritons!

Welcome to the forum!
Old 10-12-2017, 3:09 PM
Calguns Addict

praxert, welcome aboard, I go to DGM in Santee once in awhile. Usually week days in the AM.

A member of The Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
Old 10-12-2017, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by praxert View Post
Thanks! I'm 21, male, and a student at UC San Diego. I'm pretty interested in the outdoors and outdoor activities. Actually planning on buying a long rifle and getting into hunting cause I think it'd be a nice skill to learn. Love cars too!
I'll send you a PM, think we could get along - I'm 25 and a big backpacker/camper.. and I have a long rifle!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Old 10-12-2017, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECG_88 View Post
Haha, that is not northern SD. I live in Carlsbad/Vista and that is Northern SD. I would consider DGM in the middle of SD. Well I guess I am thinking county and you are thinking city...

I graduated from UCSD. Go Tritons!

Welcome to the forum!
Woo! Nice to hear there's a fellow Triton here! Haha, you're right. I consider La Jolla around UCSD Northern San Diego
Old 10-12-2017, 6:57 PM

Congrats on the G19, great piece.
Old 10-12-2017, 9:03 PM

Hit me up if you ever want to shoot some fun competition guns. I can bring you as a guest to Poway weapons and gear. I usually shoot weekends. If you ever get the itch to shoot a casual competition, I just started going to Escondido fish and game, very casual and newbie friendly. See the other thread.
Old 10-13-2017, 5:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanrock View Post
Hit me up if you ever want to shoot some fun competition guns. I can bring you as a guest to Poway weapons and gear. I usually shoot weekends. If you ever get the itch to shoot a casual competition, I just started going to Escondido fish and game, very casual and newbie friendly. See the other thread.
Rainbow Range has their steel match this Saturday, y"all should give it a try.

I'll leave this here.

https://youtu.be/xzyhqX_q4VA
Old 10-14-2017, 6:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanrock View Post
I sent you a PM!
Old 10-16-2017, 6:12 PM

i'm always down for shootign outdoors at SBRGC. i have steel targets that we can hit. have a pretty modified G17 as well as some rifles. i usually go on sundays but i can go on some weekdays if it's not too hot.
Old 10-19-2017, 3:17 PM

Welcome to SD.

Discount Gun Mart is my go to for firearms. Only shot there two times though. Shoot me a PM if you’re down to go.