Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2015, 7:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogohopper View Post
A logical person can create an opinion of somewhere, based on the non disputed experiences of others, can't they? I haven't been to Yemen, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it there.

Sure you are.

You appear to need more than that.

This is where you start to go off the rails. PPT'ing an AR15 or an AR15 pistol is perfectly legal. No gray area, no risk to the shop. It just seems the owner dislikes certain legal firearms and refuses to PPT them (potentially an illegal refusal as some have pointed out). That sounds anti 2a to me.

Not sure what you would have to say, since this lgs in particular is a FUD FACTORY as many others have shared their experiences.

Ok, let's not say they are anti. Let's just say they spread FUD like it's going out of style, have bad attitudes, do 2 hour ppt's, and are pretty-much pro 2a (as long as it's a legal firearm that the owner, clerk, secretary, or any other employee) is not opposed to.

yea,,,,, I don't need to go there to know it's best to avoid it.
Yup frothy mouthed pundit right there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Gunman View Post
They want to be rulers. Well I don't effing want to be ruled, I want to be represented.
Old 02-12-2015, 7:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loubot10 View Post
Really? Clueless?
The decision to not sell AR's is a business decision made by the person who's WF is on the line. Yes, you have an opinion but unless you're going to finance their business when they follow your advice, your just a big political mouth.

Any business that stocks & sells hundreds of firearms, operates a shooting range, and does PPT's is obviously not anti-gun or anti-2A.

Like those clowns that say "we're pro 2nd amendment, we just want background checks, a ban on assault weapons and a ban of high cap mags, but we do support the 2nd amendment". The blind unreasonable logic that this business is making in not selling ars is the same way of thinking. Any business that would act like that can go F themselves, and the more people that know about it and avoid it, the better. Why would anyone want to support a half @ss 2nd amendment supporter?
Old 02-12-2015, 8:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwatchdog View Post
Like those clowns that say "we're pro 2nd amendment, we just want background checks, a ban on assault weapons and a ban of high cap mags, but we do support the 2nd amendment". The blind unreasonable logic that this business is making in not selling ars is the same way of thinking. Any business that would act like that can go F themselves, and the more people that know about it and avoid it, the better. Why would anyone want to support a half @ss 2nd amendment supporter?
I guess because we have the right to shop wherever we want and if you've only had good experiences at a shop, everyone else's opinion take's a back seat.

The rest is politics and while I can relate to your assessment of the shop being a "half @ss 2nd amendment supporter", I can't stand the political sensationalism of calling an LGS "Anti 2A" and "Anti PPT" to fire up the sheeple.

Your approach at least is honest and straightforward. "If you own an LGS in CA and you don't agree to run your business as we see fit, go F yourselves because we'll close you down."

See here's the thing, if you don't live there and you don't ever shop there, WTF gives you the right to try and shut down someone else's LGS? Besides politics I mean.

I guess I could ask a gay person why every local bakery has to bake gay wedding cakes but I'm sure the answer would be the same, "go F yourself".

Quote:
They want to be rulers. Well I don't effing want to be ruled, I want to be represented.
Old 02-12-2015, 9:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I guess because we have the right to shop wherever we want and if you've only had good experiences at a shop, everyone else's opinion take's a back seat.

The rest is politics and while I can relate to your assessment of the shop being a "half @ss 2nd amendment supporter", I can't stand the political sensationalism of calling an LGS "Anti 2A" and "Anti PPT" to fire up the sheeple.

Your approach at least is honest and straightforward. "If you own an LGS in CA and you don't agree to run your business as we see fit, go F yourselves because we'll close you down."

See here's the thing, if you don't live there and you don't ever shop there, WTF gives you the right to try and shut down someone else's LGS? Besides politics I mean.

I guess I could ask a gay person why every local bakery has to bake gay wedding cakes but I'm sure the answer would be the same, "go F yourself".

There's a difference in your comparison. A cake shop refusing to bake something shouldn't be an issue as cakes aren't part of the bill of rights. If some stupid judges want to use ridiculous logic, it wouldn't be the first time. But those are the courts forcing the issue.

This is a shop, that in and of itself wouldn't even be around if not for the 2nd Amendment. So they take the stand that they will interpret the 2nd Amendment on their own and decide which guns should or should not be purchased. The people running this place are the same type that allowed an assault weapons ban, a mag capacity limit, the roster of safe handguns... They decided that even though something is completely legal, they will not allow it to be sold or transferred at their store. And if all stores acted in the same way? We'd be at their mercy, on top of already being t the mercy of the numerous other laws that we have to follow in this liberal cesspool of a state.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
What exactly is pro 2A and anti 2A in your opinion? You keep talking about this being political and I have to agree it is because we have moronic politicians both on the state and federal levels trying hard to diminish and IMO eliminate the 2A all together. When we see an LGS take it further than what the politicians already have it is going to ruffle some feathers. This will cause people to boycott, speak out, and spread the word on how they operate. I'm glad this was brought to my attention so I know not to spend my money there as it is very close to where I live and I will pass the word on to anyone I know who asks me where to go or not to go when purchasing a firearm.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:12 AM

The way I see it:
Who cares why the owner does what he does?

There's no law against taking your business elsewhere.

And there's no law against being a bad businessman.
But even if there was, and the law forced him to do your PPT or whatever...do you really want to do business with them? Go somewhere else, I'm sure plenty of places would love to take your money.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr310 View Post
Just read a coupe yelp reviews on em. Reminded me of that thread not too long ago about the used car sales and pizza delivery.
Thanks for making me hungry at 2 am

http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov
Old 02-13-2015, 1:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Man View Post
I've been going there on and off since they opened, and I've never had a truly positive experience. At best it was non eventful.
It's been that way for me too. I think they make most of their money and therefore put the majority of their effort into their shooting range. They are openly "anti-black rifle" - which is their right, and it's also why I don't make purchases or rarely ever stop in.
Old 02-13-2015, 6:43 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Excellent, well thought reply.

Please keep replying in the thread, the more you do, the more people decide not to support this FUD factory of an LGS.

You are doing more to get the word out about this place than I could ever hope to.

Thanks,,,,,,,,, bro
Old 02-13-2015, 7:16 AM

They wouldn't even do an out of state transfer. Wild Bills even worse, blew me off with an attitude. I would never buy guns at both of these places.
Old 02-13-2015, 7:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerGun View Post
Big 5 do PPT?
Ya they do. I had to transfer an AR I sold to a fellow calgunner, was going to go to the gun room, they then told me they wouldn't transfer AR's. No biggie since it's their choice. So we went to Big 5 who took care of the transfer no problem. Was a bit odd feeling walking into Big 5 with an AR though hahahaha
Old 02-13-2015, 7:36 AM
Janitors Mop
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Quote:

Please keep replying in the thread, the more you do, the more people decide not to support this FUD factory of an LGS.

You are doing more to get the word out about this place than I could ever hope to.

Thanks,,,,,,,,, bro
You two are sadly mistaken, if you think I'm going to keep this open, so you can argue back and forth...
Old 02-13-2015, 11:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Thanks,,,,,,,,, bro
Don't care who visits or decides not visit. I can respect honest opinions.

I only care that BS "Anti PPT" "Anti 2A" FUD is corrected.

You make your goal very clear.

Bro

Quote:
Old 02-14-2015, 1:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Don't care who visits or decides not visit. I can respect honest opinions.

I only care that BS "Anti PPT" "Anti 2A" FUD is corrected.
It is not FUD. Why don't you get that. This shop is against the lawful ownership of military looking rifles and has a range that according to some, looks down on CCW holders.

So yes, they are "Anti 2A". Just because the owner sells guns for profit does not make him a 2A supporter.

And yes, a shop that refuses to perform a PPT on a perfectly legal AR-15 can and should be considered "Anti PPT". Just because this shop does selective PPT's does not make them PPT friendly. The law is not written in a way that gives them the right to refuse a PPT of a legal gun because they don't like them.

I will be sure to never spend not even 1¢ at this place.
Old 02-14-2015, 6:07 AM

Hmm another shop to NOT spend my money in!
Old 02-14-2015, 7:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbman View Post
Hmm another shop to NOT spend my money in!
+1

My 8 year old has a GSG 522. Wonder if they would give him crap about having a military rifle lol. They sound like d-bags anyway. I'll just vote with my wallet.
Old 02-14-2015, 9:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor*Cal View Post
It is not FUD. Why don't you get that. This shop is against the lawful ownership of military looking rifles and has a range that according to some, looks down on CCW holders.

So yes, they are "Anti 2A". Just because the owner sells guns for profit does not make him a 2A supporter.

And yes, a shop that refuses to perform a PPT on a perfectly legal AR-15 can and should be considered "Anti PPT". Just because this shop does selective PPT's does not make them PPT friendly. The law is not written in a way that gives them the right to refuse a PPT of a legal gun because they don't like them.

I will be sure to never spend not even 1¢ at this place.
I wholly agree that they aren't "PPT Friendly" because they try to avoid AR PPT (not even sure that's possible) and where you choose to shop is your business.

Calling them "Anti 2A" implies they are against 2A rights which is obviously FUD.

This leads people to make assumptions like "This shop is against the lawful ownership of military looking rifles". That should be a pretty heavy statement but you toss it out casually. Is it a fact or is it your opinion?

I've been there and there is no sign at the door saying "No AR owners allowed". To my knowledge, this shop doesn't actively support the ban of black rifles nor does it exclude AR owners from their store. I've been there and discussed my AR15s and AR10 with employees.

They don't sell AR's and for the idealistic, that makes them the enemy. I'm sorry but I don't subscribe to the "slash and burn" politics that have turned this state into the political POS that it is.

Quote:
Old 02-14-2015, 9:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTaseMeBro View Post
+1

My 8 year old has a GSG 522. Wonder if they would give him crap about having a military rifle lol. They sound like d-bags anyway. I'll just vote with my wallet.
They've had issues with people using those evil GSG's in their range and asking people to leave.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:26 PM
Veteran Member

I was actually thinking of going down there this week.

But, looks like I'll skip that and add them to the list of shops I won't support.
Old 03-09-2015, 7:13 PM

I live in Elk Grove and shoot a lot at the Gun Room because it's close.. I have heard about their practice of refusing certain "legal" PPT's Even though it may be their choice to refuse, I don't believe they have the right to so....
When the Shootin Shack opened in Elk Grove, it became my go to store for PPT's and everything else gun related... They will do internet sales also... If it's a legal gun they will do PPT...no problem
Old 03-11-2015, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armytop View Post
TGR is not anti PPT or the BIG 2nd. I have used them several times and was always treated with respect and timely servise. ONE time they refused to do a PPT on a EXTAR 556 because the OWNER did not approve of it. So what I went to another nearby LGS. Some of you PAINT THEM with too wide brush. Get over it.
As the part time owner of the cash in my pocket I will refuse to do any transferring of it at their location as I don't approve it. I'm sure I've used a paint sprayer to get this point across to every sucky shop that doesn't follow the law but their "Feelings".
Old 03-24-2015, 9:15 PM

Bottom Line: The Gun Room in Elk Grove is NOT a full supporter of the 2A here in CA

Let's not forget the days when The Gun Room in EG would NOT allow ANY military looking .22's on their line per "management"... and it wasn't even a grey issue, just a personal decision by the store owners to cater to a more PC audience.

"With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity."
Keshavan Nair
Old 03-24-2015, 9:22 PM
Veteran Member

Unless it's Sunday plenty of other places within a few miles for ppt, wild billls down the street, MTG on Laguna Bob rocks best customer service I've ever had, shooting shack also on Laguna.
You did ask. They were only following your instructions. Next time be a bit more careful in how you phrase your posts. If you give people a straight line like that, this is about the level of response you are bound to get. Just be glad you didn't post "Date this rifle"... Those pictures are usually very disturbing.

-Mb
Old 03-24-2015, 9:30 PM

I always go there to shoot trap but I'm not going anymore.
Old 03-26-2015, 1:27 PM

noted, i was there once, but i wont go there anymore
Old 03-29-2015, 5:51 PM

I went to The Gun Room once or twice when I was new to the area and didn't know any better. They're expensive as hell and rude. I didn't know about their flimsy commitment on 2A but that's just more reason never to give them any business. I would go to the gun range on watt in north highlands.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:02 PM

My understanding is a shop is not able to refuse a PPT if the firearms are legal. If they say they will not transfer it, a call to the DOJ explaining they refused a legal transfer and now an illegal transfer must take place would get the ball rolling on them. Dont know if this is FUD just heard this doscussed before.
Fyi I sighted my 22 AR there 2 years ago. They had no issue.

Faris1984 trap shooting? How did you get away doing that!?!

I dont go there anymore for other issues. Didnt like the crowd showing up not following rules. Shooting down the hangers. Loading the gun at the back table , etc. no range oversight

Last edited by 3RDGEARGRNDRR; 04-02-2015 at 12:12 PM..
Old 04-02-2015, 6:37 PM

I've PPT here before although I have never tried to ppt an AR type firearm. I visit the range about twice a month. I have never had a problem here like how the OP described. I have been a regular customer here over the last three years and have not have a problem. With the exception of one time the range guy seemed a bit on edge one day (probably having a bad day).

Overall on my visits the staff are friendly more than most places I go. Just my experience I can't speak for everyone. That said how often do we see post about having a neutral or good experience?

I do understand the frustration.
Why make it clear when there is an agency that can make up and enforce their own laws? Its one of those things where you need to make the personal decision as to whether you want to be right or free. Is it worth it to you?

Last edited by BigL; 04-02-2015 at 6:41 PM..
Old 04-05-2015, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RDGEARGRNDRR View Post
My understanding is a shop is not able to refuse a PPT if the firearms are legal. If they say they will not transfer it, a call to the DOJ explaining they refused a legal transfer and now an illegal transfer must take place would get the ball rolling on them. Dont know if this is FUD just heard this doscussed before.
Fyi I sighted my 22 AR there 2 years ago. They had no issue.

Faris1984 trap shooting? How did you get away doing that!?!

I dont go there anymore for other issues. Didnt like the crowd showing up not following rules. Shooting down the hangers. Loading the gun at the back table , etc. no range oversight
last year, i tried to shoot my AR there, they told me AR was not allowed.
Old 04-05-2015, 6:06 PM

cant you take 10 seconds to remove the ar pistol upper
maybe 1 minute remove the buffer tube, pistol grip
and then do it as a lower

that way its small, compact and probably wouldnt be an issue as it doesnt look scary then
Old 04-07-2015, 6:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky_lover View Post
cant you take 10 seconds to remove the ar pistol upper
maybe 1 minute remove the buffer tube, pistol grip
and then do it as a lower

that way its small, compact and probably wouldnt be an issue as it doesnt look scary then
It is still an AR lower. According to some posts in this thread, they will not do a PPT on any military style guns.

I have gone to the Gun Room a few times. The last time I was there about three years ago I was wearing my NRA jacket and asked a question about how to legally transporting a pistol in California. At the time, I only owned rifles and did not know much about the laws covering pistols. The older guy behind the counter said, "oh, I guess you just bought the jacket", in a condescending tone.

Based on my own experience and others I have read, I will never go back there.
Old 04-11-2015, 3:53 PM
Veteran Member

Default The Gun Room in Elk Grove is anti-PPT and anti-2nd Amendment

Went there about a week ago to shoot. No problems. The only problem of any sort I've ever had there were from one older guy who seemed to know very little and behaved like a bitter old curmudgeon. That and the time he tried to tell me that the guns listed on my LTC were required by law to be transported in a locked case. I haven't run into him in a couple of years; he may not even work there anymore.

Last edited by Old_Bald_Guy; 04-11-2015 at 3:57 PM.. Reason: completeness
Old 04-16-2015, 7:21 PM

I travel two (2) hours to Tunn Tavern Arms in Manteca for smooth,professional,stress-free,friendly,polite service. We completed three (3) transactions with Lee at Tunn Tavern Arms. He is worth the two hour drive. This guy has integrity. Thanks Lee. Semper Fi.
Old 04-16-2015, 9:14 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Interesting about how a thread pointing out what morons the Gun Room is pops up every couple of months. Do they still refuse to all you to shoot .22LR guns that look like EBRs? I failed to choked back the laughter when they told me about that prohibition.
Old 04-17-2015, 7:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverftw View Post
I will never go to the Gun Room... I've had several bad experiences there. Every time I've been there I've been treated like I was an inconvenience, they have the worst customer service of any gun shop I've ever been to. Many years ago I actually bought my first pistol there, and as I was filling out the DROS I mentioned to the employee that it was my X-Mas present. He said "Since you said that, I can't let you buy it today since it's illegal to buy a firearm for someone else... just come back tomorrow and don't mention that and we'll do the paperwork again." I clarified to him that I meant I was buying it as a Christmas present for myself, and we did the DROS. ...So this shop doesn't care if you're making a straw purchase as long as you don't tell them? They would have sold me the pistol the next day knowing full well that I was buying it for someone else. And then they turn around and tell the OP (and others) they won't transfer any AR-style rifles or pistols even though they're perfectly legal? Talk about hypocritical.

I say screw this place, with so many great shops in the area there's no reason to give these a-holes your money. I recommend checking out Sacramento Black Rifle for ARs or parts/accessories, or if you just want to do a PPT head over to The Gun Range. Both those places have EXCELLENT customer service (especially TGR) and the Gun Range is also a good place to shoot pistols. TGR also will let you shoot your newly-purchased firearm at their range during the 10-day waiting period, they will process PPTs and transfers quickly, and they have good prices on their inventory (I got a Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport from them for $599 recently).

Sorry for the long rant, I just absolutely HATE The Gun Room and want to do everything in my power to save any Calgunners from having to deal with them.
Since when is it illegal to purchase a gun as a gift? A straw purchase is when you buy a gun for someone else and you're compensated for the purchase....gesh....what hogwash!!!