Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Official Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Official Events Booths, Gun Show Events and other Official occasions. (Limited Posting)

Old 10-30-2010, 8:20 PM

Awesome i will bring chairs and a EZ up. Thanks for the info. I was just wondering about holsters because at most ranges you cant, and i never get a chance to get any shooting in drawing from a holster. how am i suppose to practice!! haha.
Old 10-30-2010, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulball View Post
Jacob,

I'd be in to cook/bbq for those wanting to shoot at the lines. I was just out there on the 18th of Sept. and probably won't be restocked with ammo by Nov.
I'll still bring my toys with me though just in case.

--
Fb - what caliber are your toys?
Old 11-04-2010, 7:46 AM

I'm considering coming out there this weekend.

Anybody want to volunteer to teach me how to strip and clean my new AR?
"Combining blanks and cleaning rods in the M16A2 rifle is not an acceptable means of acquiring “meat for the tribe.” It should be noted it’s a b**ch unpinning a squirrel from a tree and you NEVER get your cleaning rod back."
Old 11-04-2010, 7:54 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoflyer View Post
I'm considering coming out there this weekend.

Anybody want to volunteer to teach me how to strip and clean my new AR?

Sure, come by and see "Four Guys, Four Guns" there, and bring cleaning supplies.
‎"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions."
--James Madison
'Letter to Edmund Pendleton', 1792
Old 11-04-2010, 8:13 AM

I have all the stuff. I'm just worried i'll take it apart and put it back together wrong or lose something LOL.

I'll be there.
"Combining blanks and cleaning rods in the M16A2 rifle is not an acceptable means of acquiring “meat for the tribe.” It should be noted it’s a b**ch unpinning a squirrel from a tree and you NEVER get your cleaning rod back."
Old 11-04-2010, 8:15 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoflyer View Post
I have all the stuff. I'm just worried i'll take it apart and put it back together wrong or lose something LOL.

I'll be there.
Piece of cake, see you there.
‎"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions."
--James Madison
'Letter to Edmund Pendleton', 1792
Old 11-04-2010, 8:50 AM

I will be up in the afternoon to meet everyone, I just talked my wife into shooting for her first time, its a good thing because I pick-up a new marlin .22 on Saturday I got for her birthday present LOL. Other than that I will have my .17hmr and 91/30, will call today to see if steel ammo is ok yet if not I will have to go find some hunting 7.62x54r so I can shoot the MN
Old 11-04-2010, 9:05 PM
CGN Contributor

Sign me up. I will be there . Let me know what to bring for the BBQ??
Old 11-05-2010, 2:43 PM

Are noobs welcome?

I'm going to try to make it.
Will need to go pick up some more ammo.
Old 11-05-2010, 3:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Good chance for light rain most of the day, Sunday. Bring EZ ups and wet weather gear.

It's fun to shoot in light rain. It should not be enough to ruin the fun. Wish I could go!
"Over-sentimentality, over-softness, in fact washiness and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people. Unless we keep the barbarian virtue, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote:
Would you people please stop bashing "Elmer Fudd?" After all, he was an avid sportsman, hunter, and 2a supporter. -Ed in Sac
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 11-05-2010, 4:19 PM
In Memoriam

I'll be there guys! Probably showing up at 9am. It might be the first time you've seen a liberal gun owner in the wild so be sure to bring you cameras!
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . you are, after all, anonymous."
-Barry Ritholtz

Help be a better advocate for the 2nd Amendment here.
Old 11-05-2010, 4:21 PM

I would like to come, but I have no easy-up or table. Anyone feel like sheltering a homeless shooter?

Plus, I am in desperate need of help with zeroing my PSL on my new 3-9x42 POSP scope. Is steel allowed this weekend since its gonna be wet? Anyone willing to help me zero if so?

Thanks!
Old 11-05-2010, 4:23 PM
Veteran Member

a liberal gun owner, is this really true?
well I look forward to meeting such a person
Old 11-05-2010, 5:00 PM
It smells in here...
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticmood View Post
Fb - what caliber are your toys?
Handguns: one .22lr and two 1911 style .45's
Rifles: a .223 AR, a 7.62 variant and a .308 Saiga (may not bring the Saiga though)
Shotgun: 12 gauge coach gun (18")

ETA: Don't forget the time change everybody!!!
Perhaps the irony of § 32310 escapes notice....With Colonists still hurting from the wounds of war, the Second Amendment guaranteed the rights of new American citizens to protect themselves from oppressors foreign and domestic. So, now it is ironic that the State whittles away at the right of its citizens to defend themselves from the possible oppression of their State. - Judge Roger T. Benitez
Old 11-05-2010, 5:05 PM

pm sent

"We cannot free ourselves unless we move forward united in a single desire."
Emilio Aguinaldo

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
John F. Kennedy

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε САЙГА-12
Old 11-05-2010, 10:34 PM

I will be up around 12:30 looking forward to seeing everyone.
Also I called this afternoon and range is still under High Fire danger so no magnetic ammo.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:24 AM

I could use some pointers on pistol shooting.... But you guys are pretty far up there and I havent the money for gas. Have a blast guys!
Old 11-06-2010, 4:11 PM

Im in
Old 11-06-2010, 8:44 PM

Markus, need a ride?

PM me!

Best,
JP
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. ~ Heinlein
Old 11-06-2010, 9:02 PM
CGN Contributor

All pack up ready to go, See you guys in the morning.
Old 11-07-2010, 5:05 PM
Veteran Member

I had to miss this do to being sick I was really looking forward to it.I want to see pics.
Old 11-07-2010, 6:47 PM

We had a great time, big thanks to Penny's Dad and his wife for and everyone else for making one of the new guys fell welcome. I had a great time and so did my wife it was her first time shooting and already wants me to customize a rifle just for her, LOL shes hooked. We got there late and ended up on the upper west side firing line but had tons of fun. Hope to see everyone again soon

Steve
Old 11-07-2010, 7:36 PM
In Memoriam

I had a great time! I know that the shooting comps didn't go off as planned, but I really had a fantastic time meeting some fellow calgunners that I've known online for a while but never met in person, and meeting some calgunners that I was totally unfamiliar with but were totally awesome. Super fun time! Would totally do it again!
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . you are, after all, anonymous."
-Barry Ritholtz

Old 11-07-2010, 8:52 PM

where are the pics?
Old 11-07-2010, 9:56 PM

My brother and I had a great time today. We were on the East2(upper east) range and met some cool Calgunners. This was my 1st time at a CGN event, 1st time at Burro, and 1st time shooting a rifle so I didn't know exactly what to expect. But after I meet Penny's Dad, his lovely wife, Team Zot, and The Hooligans, I felt like one of the regulars. Thanks again for all the advice and complements on my firearms today guys and I promise to mingle alot more at the next event. Like I said it was my first time and using my rifles totally consumed my brain. Sorry to hear about the situation with the TTS.
p.s thanks again Andrew for the shirts and congrats

Last edited by 1forall; 11-08-2010 at 12:01 AM..
Old 11-07-2010, 10:20 PM

I posted some pics in the range shoot and meet section. I had a great time. Although I wish more people would have tried my boiled peanuts you guys were missing out. Lol. Wish I could have met more calgunners but that's my fault I didn't really go to any of the other ranges.
Old 11-08-2010, 5:22 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomson9 View Post
I posted some pics in the range shoot and meet section. I had a great time. Although I wish more people would have tried my boiled peanuts you guys were missing out. Lol. Wish I could have met more calgunners but that's my fault I didn't really go to any of the other ranges.
Dude, those were yours? Those were AWESOME. I've heard that boiled peanuts are big in the south, I think on NPR somewhere, but I've never had them before. Yours were awesome, they tasted almost like beans. Really unique flavor!

If it makes you feel better, towards the end of the day I came back for 2nds but they were gone. I figured everyone must have eaten them but I guess you may have taken them to go or something. I would have had more!
-Barry Ritholtz

Old 11-08-2010, 5:47 AM
In Memoriam

Because I would forget my own feet if they weren't connected to my body, I stupidly forgot to bring all my camera equipment. But I did have my phone!

Loved this picture because we were talking about PMC ammo and how it's korean, and I made a joke that it was made by the Daewoo company since they make everything in Korea. Then this dude rolled up shooting.......a daewoo rifle. Timing people! It's everything in comedy! Haha.

Gotta say I was super proud of this! I didn't know we'd be qualifying at 25 meters and I didn't get any cance to see where my shots were going beforehand. So I ended up guessing my holdovers and got 18/20. On a guess! Do I know my gear or what?

Waiting waiting waiting....

My own teammate trying to burn me with a cigarette!

This handsome gentleman rocked our pistols for us!

Team black sheep, minus harmoniums since he was on long range duty on another range.

Me shooting the last course.

I did learn a lot yesterday about my own shooting. Mostly I learned that I'm really good at making sure that my bullets go where I want them to go, but I get screwed up with target acquisition. I forget which order I need to shoot the targets in, stuff like that. So this last round that you can watch above, I totally memorized the whole thing, but then I screwed it up because I forgot to put my little bullet button tool on my finger and had to improvise with the bullets in my mag. Bummer. Would have been much better if I could reload properly.

All in all, I had a great time. Always fun meeting new cgers.
-Barry Ritholtz

Old 11-08-2010, 5:48 AM
In Memoriam

Dude shot the course with a MOSIN. I led an applause when he was done. Even gave him permission to simply beat the targets to the ground using his gun as a club. Great form!

Team black sheep on pistol!

This is todd. Todd rules. Todd has a rifle that doesn't move when you shoot it. Todd has mastered the art of compensation.
-Barry Ritholtz

Old 11-08-2010, 8:46 AM
Veteran Member

Oh, cool! You got a picture of me shooting my M28 Finnish Mosin Nagant It's kinda a "sleeper rifle" in that it's a very battle worn example of an antique rifle designed when many people still believed the moon was made out of cheese. But the military-issued barrel is made by SIG and it shoots 2 MOA so it is certainly capable of making every shot presented. It's just that it's a bit slow to reload that thing and my time for that stage was 191 seconds. . .

Anyways, do you mind if I use this picture to show my friends who didn't get to see the rifle in action? Some are saying "Pics or it didn't happen!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booshanky View Post

Dude shot the course with a MOSIN. I led an applause when he was done. Even gave him permission to simply beat the targets to the ground using his gun as a club. Great form!

Team black sheep on pistol!

This is todd. Todd rules. Todd has a rifle that doesn't move when you shoot it. Todd has mastered the art of compensation.
Old 11-08-2010, 9:50 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle Bailey View Post
Oh, cool! You got a picture of me shooting my M28 Finnish Mosin Nagant It's kinda a "sleeper rifle" in that it's a very battle worn example of an antique rifle designed when many people still believed the moon was made out of cheese. But the military-issued barrel is made by SIG and it shoots 2 MOA so it is certainly capable of making every shot presented. It's just that it's a bit slow to reload that thing and my time for that stage was 191 seconds. . .

Anyways, do you mind if I use this picture to show my friends who didn't get to see the rifle in action? Some are saying "Pics or it didn't happen!"
Absolutely! This is all public stuff, feel free to use it however you want. Nice shooting btw!
-Barry Ritholtz

Old 11-08-2010, 10:54 AM

Ha ha yeah those were mine. I had to go to work so i left early and my wife would have killed me if I didn't bring her bowl back. I'm glad you liked them. A lot of people don't try them cause let's be honest how good does a boiled peanut sound? Ha ha but they are tasty!! Thanks man.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:19 PM

Sorry to hear I missed out on the boiled peanuts, I haven't had them in years.

It was nice to meet you guys. I was on the upper east range as well. I didn't catch everyone's name, but I think I met Nobody, 1forall, and santa9monica up there. I was the guy with the camo grendel.

Thanks for organizing this PennysDad!
Old 11-10-2010, 9:40 AM
Veteran Member

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University
Old 11-10-2010, 9:42 AM
Veteran Member

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University
Old 11-10-2010, 9:42 AM
Veteran Member

Old 11-10-2010, 1:19 PM

Man I missed out, when is the next one?
Old 11-11-2010, 11:41 AM

Who is that in a TactiKilt (or UtiliKilt? I'm no expert) ?

Old 11-11-2010, 2:46 PM
學者, 羇客, 神戰士
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav View Post
Who is that in a TactiKilt (or UtiliKilt? I'm no expert) ?
That would be Rekrab.
Old 11-15-2010, 2:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

'Scuse my ignorance, but what is the blue thing the ref(?) is holding?

tim