Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-07-2021, 1:32 PM

Gun Owners of America expressed their take on Fox & Friends Weekend this morning.

Short version: It's a distraction for the real gun control they're going to slip into 'must pass' legislation that has nothing to do with gun control.
Old 02-23-2021, 5:25 PM

A new one, without even a number yet:

https://maloney.house.gov/sites/malo...0of%202021.pdf

This part is really strange:

"(iii) cannot be readily removed or de-activated"

It almost seems they don't understand how firearms work.
Old 02-24-2021, 6:17 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpage View Post
HR 127 may never see the senate or presidents desk. Seriously what deranged mind comes up with this China Syndrome type stuff...
Crap in one hand and wish in the other.

See which one comes to fruition in a month.
Old 02-24-2021, 6:22 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snailbait View Post
A new one, without even a number yet:

https://maloney.house.gov/sites/malo...0of%202021.pdf

This part is really strange:

"(iii) cannot be readily removed or de-activated"

It almost seems they don't understand how firearms work.
This is the best take away from this "bill"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morons
From 2011 to 2015, according to the Centers for Disease Control, an average of 544 Americans died in firearm accidents each year.

So what you're saying is Cuomo killed more people in one year than all the gun deaths from 2011 to 2021?

Good to know.
Old 02-24-2021, 7:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwatchdog View Post
Who cares, if most people ignore it, it won’t matter. At some point even the most legal of people will tell them to go pound sand.

Not to mention, this is just going to agitate the extremists further. Finally hard “proof” that they are attacking our rights and finally coming to take guns. I’d hate to see what the next Tim McVeigh is planning...
This is very true. There comes a point where the most law abiding individuals will become criminals under this kind of tyranny. Though just a small example, you saw several businesses eventually decide to ignore the lockdown orders and stay open for indoor dining. I know it's not the same thing, but at some point people will risk everything to protect their rights.
Old 04-04-2021, 8:16 AM
Calguns Addict

Default HR 127...Screw all the liberal / democrat gun owners in here.....

They are all gone now that the election is over...hardly hear from them if at all.. but they were allowed to do their damage in this forum, sowing the seeds of discontent and division here in CalGuns leading up to the election...trying top divide gun owners, separate us from the President who protected the 2A, the party that has protected the 2A and destroy support for the only national organization capable of effectively fighting legislation like THIS:

The Gunpocalypse is HERE: HR 127 (SPONSORED BY DEMOCRAT Representative Sheila Jackson Lee) would establish a nationwide gun registry that is searchable by the general public, mandate licensing to own or possess a firearm, require a psychological evaluation prior to obtaining such a license, and institute magazine & gun bans.

Think that’s bad? Wait, there’s more! This bill would also:

Further force you to obtain "firearms insurance" from the federal government at a cost of $800 PER YEAR
Ban numerous rifles, AR pistols, shotguns, .50 (or greater) ammo, and any magazine with a capacity of over 10 rounds
Slap gun owners with mandatory minimum prison sentences and fines for so-called 'violations' of this proposed legislation
...and much, much more!

Firearms Policy Coalition vehemently opposes HR 127 and all attempts to infringe on the People’s right to keep and bear arms but we need your help to stop it. Add your name to the petition and let the government know we will not allow this gunpocalypse to pass!

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/stop_...Irc-32zDfOg5hw

Whenever I see known democrats at the shooting range or a match, I call them out publicly so they can "own their votes" in front of all their friends and fellow shooters who can then see the traitors among us!

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 04-04-2021 at 8:23 AM..
Old 04-04-2021, 9:26 AM
Veteran Member

"gun registry searchable by General public" will have many unintended consequences including many bad guys being shot and killed while attempting to steal from said gun owners.

"Slap gun owners with mandatory minimum prison sentences and fines for so-called 'violations' of this proposed legislation" sounds a lot like a 1994 crime bill that the Dems pushed and now regret because it "unfairly impacted people of color".

Do these idiots even think about stuff before they propose legislation?
Old 04-04-2021, 10:41 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
HR 127...Screw all the liberal / democrat gun owners in here.....
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D) currently represents Texas's 18th Congressional District. I doubt anyone "in here" voted for her.

In the 2020 election Jackson Lee received 73.3% of the vote, while the Republican Pate received 23.5%. So even if someone "in here" lived in her district and voted for the Republican candidate twice Jackson Lee still would have won.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:05 AM

And they wondered why the nation's capitol was stormed and further violence is going to look like? Social disorder is just starting as long as extremists like this politician and less than 400 more like her control the whole nation. Enjoy the ride as it is liable to get very bumpy.

Last edited by warbird; 04-04-2021 at 11:38 AM..
Old 04-04-2021, 11:12 AM

This bill coming out of a Texas representative is telling us what the future beholds...if we continue on this track
Old 04-04-2021, 11:49 AM

That is an INSANE bill put forth by a seemingly insane politician.

I doubt something that extreme will pass, especially a registry searchable by the general public.

We are living in a clown world though.... 🤡 🌎
Old 04-04-2021, 11:53 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Good thing I don't own any guns.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:55 AM
Calguns Addict

She’s the Maxine Waters of Texas.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
Good thing I don't own any guns.
That boating accident really messed me up.

Old 04-04-2021, 12:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

This would be interesting if any gungrabbers or anti-2A Calguns members actually stepped forth. Please do, I for one wish to hear your thoughts. Thank you.
Old 04-04-2021, 12:17 PM

What really surprises me is that this came out of Texas. I just got off a deployment where my NCO was a tied and true Red Republican Pro2A guy. I never was able to ask him about this, but I think I will now.

How did such a Pro 2A state allow this to come forth? I guess i do not understand politics nearly as well as I thought...

--Walther P-38. Prefer Pre 1945
--Need S&W M19 grips, target hammer and target trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Don't attempt to inject common sense into an internet pissing contest.
Old 04-04-2021, 12:19 PM

Quote:
They are all gone now that the election is over...hardly hear from them if at all.. but they were allowed to do their damage in this forum, sowing the seeds of discontent and division here in CalGuns leading up to the election...trying top divide gun owners, separate us from the President who protected the 2A, the party that has protected the 2A and destroy support for the only national organization capable of effectively fighting legislation like THIS:

The Gunpocalypse is HERE: HR 127 (SPONSORED BY DEMOCRAT Representative Sheila Jackson Lee) would establish a nationwide gun registry that is searchable by the general public, mandate licensing to own or possess a firearm, require a psychological evaluation prior to obtaining such a license, and institute magazine & gun bans.

Further force you to obtain "firearms insurance" from the federal government at a cost of $800 PER YEAR
Ban numerous rifles, AR pistols, shotguns, .50 (or greater) ammo, and any magazine with a capacity of over 10 rounds
Slap gun owners with mandatory minimum prison sentences and fines for so-called 'violations' of this proposed legislation
...and much, much more!

Firearms Policy Coalition vehemently opposes HR 127 and all attempts to infringe on the People’s right to keep and bear arms but we need your help to stop it. Add your name to the petition and let the government know we will not allow this gunpocalypse to pass!

Whenever I see known democrats at the shooting range or a match, I call them out publicly so they can "own their votes" in front of all their friends and fellow shooters who can then see the traitors among us!
Good strategy. Let us know how that works out.
Old 04-04-2021, 12:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

...and much, much more!

WTF is wrong with you? Calling out Calguns as traitors, liberals wrt a Texan drafted bill ?

Old 04-04-2021, 12:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeusa View Post
WTF is wrong with you? Calling out Calguns as traitors, liberals wrt a Texan drafted bill ?

And all the Congressional democrats in CA, in fact the entire democratic caucus in the House will line up to support HR127. I will call out ANY gun owner who votes democrat, supports Biden and/or attacks pro 2A organizations for who and what they are...and there are quite a few who have been tolerated in this forum by many in the name of tolerance. "The only reach across the aisle is to grab someone's gun" and turn us into the unarmed serfs they want to rule.

It's actually fun to point of the democrats at the range or at a match. Often they get embarrassed and pack up and go home after people/friends who had no idea demand an explanation...

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 04-04-2021 at 12:52 PM..
Old 04-04-2021, 12:53 PM
Veteran Member

OC,

Simmer down, the last action was 3-1-2021, to committee. The bitch has no co-sponsors at the moment. Biden CANNOT even get waiting periods, or mandatory storage laws up for a vote. Let alone the abortion that this **** is proposing. I am not saying don’t keep an eye on it. Just save your blood pressure, and self wear and tear on something when it really means something. Take care, A2

PS on YouTube, watch Langley Outdoors, he gives everyday updates. He is insightful, A2

Last edited by USMCM16A2; 04-04-2021 at 12:56 PM..
Old 04-04-2021, 12:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCM16A2 View Post
OC,

Simmer down, the last action was 3-1-2021, to committee. The bitch has no co-sponsors at the moment. Biden CANNOT even get waiting periods, or mandatory storage laws up for a vote. Let alone the abortion that this **** is proposing. I am not saying don’t keep an eye on it. Just save your blood pressure, and self wear and tear on something when it really means something. Take care, A2
We need to PURGE the gun community of those who would destroy it. They need to be called out for who and what they are and who and what they support...shamed, humiliated. Asking nicely and appealing to logic hasn't worked for 40 years. Time for some proactive peer group pressure. Let them choose between their politics or being part of the firearms community!

At the very least a gun owner who votes democrat SHOULD belong to and contribute, above and beyond, to every pro 2A group (NRA/CRPA/SAF/FPC/GOA) to make up for their democrat vote on some other issue.

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 04-04-2021 at 1:20 PM..
Old 04-04-2021, 1:23 PM
Veteran Member

How do you suggest we purge? Things are not as gloom and doom as they seem. There are MANY Democrats in the Senate, Manchin for one that will not vote for this ****. Sixty votes are needed to pass this bull****, they aren’t even close! A2
Old 04-04-2021, 1:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
There are MANY Democrats in the Senate, Manchin for one that will not vote for this ****. Sixty votes are needed to pass this bull****, they aren’t even close! A2
Many Democrat's in the Senate? You only named one. If the filibuster comes to an end...all is lost

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 04-05-2021, 4:41 AM

Quote:
How do you suggest we purge? Things are not as gloom and doom as they seem. There are MANY Democrats in the Senate, Manchin for one that will not vote for this ****. Sixty votes are needed to pass this bull****, they aren’t even close! A2

Manchin CANNOT vote to support any form of gun control........I grew up in the same small W.va town he hails from........friends and family that know him and I can assure you that he knows he is political history should he attach his name to such. I've repeatedly asked how he can even get elected there, and the answer is basically there was no other viable choice, and remember where he is from is a very, very small area. Kinda amazing he holds the key to Democratic unity on such issues.

If you doubt my commentary on the gun issue I'd refer you to the massive removal of nearly every gun control act that existed in that state......the situation from the 1920's thru the 90's was actually a lot worse than you now have in California/............hell, you had to post a 2,500 bond to be licensed....it was unlawful and a 3rd offense was a felony if caught packing without one........and other than for the politically influential there was simply no issue. Today its constitutional carry. It is the only State I am aware of that stepped completely out of the sewer in that perspective!
Old 04-05-2021, 9:30 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogrunner View Post
Manchin CANNOT vote to support any form of gun control........I grew up in the same small W.va town he hails from........friends and family that know him and I can assure you that he knows he is political history should he attach his name to such. I've repeatedly asked how he can even get elected there, and the answer is basically there was no other viable choice, and remember where he is from is a very, very small area. Kinda amazing he holds the key to Democratic unity on such issues.

If you doubt my commentary on the gun issue I'd refer you to the massive removal of nearly every gun control act that existed in that state......the situation from the 1920's thru the 90's was actually a lot worse than you now have in California/............hell, you had to post a 2,500 bond to be licensed....it was unlawful and a 3rd offense was a felony if caught packing without one........and other than for the politically influential there was simply no issue. Today its constitutional carry. It is the only State I am aware of that stepped completely out of the sewer in that perspective!
I am more concerned that he opposes eliminating the filibuster... far more than just gun control is down the toilet if the filibuster is eliminated! It will be the end of the country!

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 04-05-2021, 9:04 PM

Quote:
I am more concerned that he opposes eliminating the filibuster... far more than just gun control is down the toilet if the filibuster is eliminated! It will be the end of the country!
Or, they achieve nothing, we take care of Congress and presidency and make them regret that in 2024. As it happened with them removing filibuster on judges. A realistic enough scenario.
Old 04-05-2021, 9:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJ475 View Post
What is going on in Texas? Is it something in the water? First Beto and now this bitch.
Texas has horrible demographics. The love of cheap labor always brings democrat voters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherryj View Post
I am a physician. I am held to being "the expert" in medicine. I can't fall back on feigned ignorance and the statement that the patient should have known better than I. When an officer "can't be expected to know the entire penal code", but a citizen is held to "ignorance is no excuse", this is equivalent to ME being able to sue my patient for my own malpractice-after all, the patient should have known better, right?
Old 04-07-2021, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
Or, they achieve nothing, we take care of Congress and presidency and make them regret that in 2024. As it happened with them removing filibuster on judges. A realistic enough scenario.
I hope we can do something about that in the midterms, I believe in 2022. If we can just get back the Senate, that would be huge in and of itself. All we have to do is flip one seat, but it would be awesome if we could flip a few.

Quote:
Old 04-07-2021, 4:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersapper View Post
I hope we can do something about that in the midterms, I believe in 2022. If we can just get back the Senate, that would be huge in and of itself. All we have to do is flip one seat, but it would be awesome if we could flip a few.
I am hoping we get the house and the senate!

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 04-07-2021, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Impeaching Biden or Harris yes House is the key. Senate, I sure hope people in AZ wake up and dump Mark Kelly for a GOP, same goes for Nevada with Masto, but if Dems perfected rigging, then no chance.
Old 04-07-2021, 9:09 PM

Quote:
I agree, both would be an awesome feat. I was only focusing on the Senate because we only need to win one or two.

With the House, we need to win what? 10? 12? Not sure the number, but it is a longer hurdle.

I'm hoping we can fix that election rigging thing...otherwise I think someone is right: we'll never see another conservative sit in government.

Quote:
Old 04-07-2021, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cz74 View Post
Impeaching Biden or Harris yes House is the key. Senate, I sure hope people in AZ wake up and dump Mark Kelly for a GOP, same goes for Nevada with Masto, but if Dems perfected rigging, then no chance.
Would have to get rid of Biden, Harris, Pelosi, and McConnell all at the same time.
Otherwise hope to win senate.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:02 AM

By the time, the court system kicks in,,, all the stuff confiscated, that was by court order, ordered to not destroy, pending court action, will have been melted down "accidentally".
Old 04-08-2021, 12:15 AM

Of course, all this registration and psycho doctor exams, will be done free of charge, to gun owners.
NOT
Old 04-08-2021, 6:55 AM

Sfarchitect, a member of this forum, including others, is exactly the type of democrat that OC is referring to. People like that member are doing much to destroy our country.
I personally see ALL DEMOCRATS as the personification of evil; they are hell bent on turning the USA into another version of the failed Soviet Union, complete with all its policies and procedures. Citizens who own firearms are a direct threat to that path, and therefore must be eliminated at any cost.
Old 04-08-2021, 7:31 AM
Veteran Member

I'll be first in line to give mine up! ... Oh wait, I forgot. I don't have any scary bullet shooting devices anymore. They all just magically disappeared one day. It was super weird.
Old 04-08-2021, 7:51 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastinline View Post
Sfarchitect, a member of this forum, including others, is exactly the type of democrat that OC is referring to. People like that member are doing much to destroy our country.
I personally see ALL DEMOCRATS as the personification of evil; they are hell bent on turning the USA into another version of the failed Soviet Union, complete with all its policies and procedures. Citizens who own firearms are a direct threat to that path, and therefore must be eliminated at any cost.
Yup...SFArchitect and all his democrat voting/anti-Trump gun owners should be banned / banished to the liberal gun forum where they belong. Notice he and his friends are no longer posting in the political/legal sub forums now that they got what they wanted...Biden/Harris and democratic control of congress. F' THEM ALL!

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 04-08-2021, 8:25 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
Not only that, but removing filibuster creates a yo-yo system where the legislation is gutted the same way EO-s are. Everything gets pushed upside down every few years and the big government is no more when the bureaucrats lose their job stability and everything changes on a whim.

I say let them go for it...
Old 04-08-2021, 9:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJ475 View Post
What is going on in Texas? Is it something in the water? First Beto and now this bitch.
Isn't she the one who looks like she can eat corn on the cob through a picket fence?
It was not a threat. It was an exaggerated response to an uncompromising stance. I was taught never to make a threat unless you are prepared to carry it out and I am not a fan of carrying anything. Even watching other people carrying things makes me uncomfortable. Mainly because of the possibility they may ask me to help.
Old 04-08-2021, 9:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
Not only that, but removing filibuster creates a yo-yo system where the legislation is gutted the same way EO-s are. Everything gets pushed upside down every few years and the big government is no more when the bureaucrats lose their job stability and everything changes on a whim.

I say let them go for it...
Yup.. the loss of stability will make the US look like a Banana Republic. Expect that loss of stability to impact US economic activity and investment as well as social stability.

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member