Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 04-07-2021, 10:30 AM

Default BOG Deathgrip Ultrlight Tripod Adapter Review

https://youtu.be/Q4gSvjFqs10

This is my first time using a shooting tripod that vice locks my rifle into the mount. The BOG Deathgrip Ultralight tripod adapter and the BOG Great Divide turns a photo tripod into a rifle tripod mount. The Deathgrip worked as well as intended but the Great Divide wasn't able to hold my lightweight carbine despite tightening it down as best I could.

PRODUCT REFERENCE LINKS

Deathgrip Ultralight: https://amzn.to/3qnVgnZ

Great Divide: https://amzn.to/2PLnzA3

Complete Deathgrip Tripod: https://amzn.to/3cYQXMx

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel | NRA CRSO | NRA Life Member | Inventor and founder of Moondog Industries

Last edited by MoondogIndustries; 04-07-2021 at 10:38 AM..
Old 04-07-2021, 2:54 PM

BOG stuff isn’t very sturdy, IME. For anything serious at distance you will have to invest. Now, if you are looking for a quick field shot from standing over some tall grass, and at close range, some of their stuff may work. It’s very cheesy though.
Old 04-07-2021, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastinline View Post
BOG stuff isnít very sturdy, IME. For anything serious at distance you will have to invest. Now, if you are looking for a quick field shot from standing over some tall grass, and at close range, some of their stuff may work. Itís very cheesy though.
Which make would you suggest for long-range? It really needs a fine adjustment system similar to my astronomical telescope with it's fine adjust dials on extension tubes so that I don't disturb the stand.

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel | NRA CRSO | NRA Life Member | Inventor and founder of Moondog Industries
Old 04-07-2021, 3:50 PM

There was a pretty good discussion here on Calguns about RRS tripods, other makes, and various head types, both ball & gear type.
I ended up going with a model I got from US Tactical Supply, (it was only $138), and then buying a Manfrotto geared head for my spotting scope. I also picked up a PIG saddle in case I ever want to shoot from it, but likely I’ll only use the tripod for my spotter. It’s much more sturdy than the BOG I have, and now relegate that as a cheap loaner.