Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 02-08-2014, 2:05 PM

Default Froglube product push, I dont think so!

I got an email from a Froglube someone addressing my issues using their product in a crockpot and having gumming issues here is what they had to say...

“We have two liquid versions on the market; a first issue that has been improved but is being phased out and a new version just now phasing in. It says "new" on the label, so it's obvious.
We learned something over the past 3 years and now we're applying the new technology.
We would like to send you our new product if you review our product again favorably and take down those posts.”

My issue is they are pushing me to review Froglube favorably for free product, why not my honest opinion, They paying for all of these youtube reviews and that is not right. I will not be bought to be a Froglube fanboy!
Old 02-08-2014, 2:11 PM
Banned

You have a O iTrader rating I don't trust you...
Old 02-08-2014, 3:07 PM

I think they are saying they will ship you the new product, if you review it again and like it will you remove the previous posts. Which i think sounds fair.
Old 02-08-2014, 3:24 PM
Veteran Member

how did it taste in your chili though?
Old 02-08-2014, 3:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63j300 View Post
I think they are saying they will ship you the new product, if you review it again and like it will you remove the previous posts. Which i think sounds fair.
I don't read it that way.
Old 02-08-2014, 3:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradecraft View Post
I don't read it that way.
Neither do I. Looks to me like they want you to take down any negative remarks in exchange for them just sending you their new product to then write a favorable review.
Old 02-08-2014, 4:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Sounds good to me. Here I go.

My current frog lube sucks. Don't ever buy this product, you have been warned. It is the worst stuff in the world.

Now, I wait.
Old 02-08-2014, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckhandmike View Post
Sounds good to me. Here I go.

My current frog lube sucks. Don't ever buy this product, you have been warned. It is the worst stuff in the world.

Now, I wait.
Wait for what? Replies from those of us that read the instructions and took the time to use it properly. From guys like me that own semi auto handguns, short stroke piston rifles, full piston rifles and a M-4 who have run well over 3000 rounds without one problem.

Or those of us who have not had one single problem with "Gumming".

Just curious what your waiting for?
Old 02-08-2014, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattandDoc View Post
Wait for what? Replies from those of us that read the instructions and took the time to use it properly. From guys like me that own semi auto handguns, short stroke piston rifles, full piston rifles and a M-4 who have run well over 3000 rounds without one problem.

Or those of us who have not had one single problem with "Gumming".

Just curious what your waiting for?
For FrogLube to send him a message saying they'll send him a sample of their new formulation if he agrees to take down his negative review, as they said to the OP.

Statements I make on this forum should not be construed as giving legal advice or forming an attorney-client relationship.
Old 02-09-2014, 6:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby View Post
I know guys I'm about 3months new to this community and I will be here for a while. Don't trust me, hang out and maybe you might.
Old 02-09-2014, 6:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63j300 View Post
The new product is what I have.... It says NEW on the bottle :/
Old 02-09-2014, 6:43 AM
Bring back the Lions.
CGN Contributor

Since you only post about FL 80% of the time I have a feeling I know what your time here is gonna be like.
Old 02-09-2014, 6:47 AM

I would reply that " if I like the improved product " I will take down or edit my former review. It happens a lot that a product gets a second review when a company makes changes based on customer feedback. I would not change my review just to get some free product.

And for what it's worth I use Froglube
Old 02-09-2014, 7:00 AM

Why would Frog Lube be concerned about a guy that has 14 posts on Calguns?
Old 02-09-2014, 7:49 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby View Post
^^

I don't think OP read the sarcasm in that one either lol

What's Your Caliber??

My Youtube channel
Old 02-09-2014, 8:20 AM
Banned

My froglube has a pic of a frog holding a crock pot stirring dinner. My old one had a spec ops frog on it. weird
Old 02-09-2014, 8:31 AM
Veteran Member

I slathered frog lube on my xd to see what would happen. Put it in the freezer for good measure. When the frog lube was frozen, the gun would not function. Couldn't even pull the trigger. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, it was frozen and gobbed on.

I then let it warm up to the consistency of tooth paste and hit the range. Out of 100 shots, one was a fte. Racked the slide and the remaining shots went thru fine.

This was using the "new" paste. At least I think it was the new paste.

NRA Member
SAF Member

Quote:
A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
Old 02-09-2014, 8:45 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty View Post
Neither do I. Looks to me like they want you to take down any negative remarks in exchange for them just sending you their new product to then write a favorable review.
If it were you, your product, your living, what more could you ask but to offer an improved product for the buyer to try out and review? This is another chance for the OP to try out their product and if it meets his expectations, or doesn't meet his expectations, to state the problems he finds. Frog lube stepped up here and is inviting the OP to be a part of the improvement of their product. OP, be fair here.
How many times have we tried things that didn't work, got a repair done or bought something that didn't work out and became part of the solution?
Here is your chance OP.

Last edited by johnthomas; 02-09-2014 at 8:50 AM..
Old 02-09-2014, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKM View Post
Since you only post about FL 80% of the time I have a feeling I know what your time here is gonna be like.
I may have joined to get help and feedback on the problems with the new product. If you have read my first few posts I have used FL for a long time. I had product from 2011 and works great. I hit up you guys because the conflicting information was out there so I have asked and asked what changed in the product.

I bought a old G17 that needed some work, got some new FL and dipped my glock in it. It worked, but after sitting I had major issues. I asked FL about the issues and their response was not very ethical in my view so I felt it was appropriate to post about it.
Old 02-09-2014, 2:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthomas View Post
If it were you, your product, your living, what more could you ask but to offer an improved product for the buyer to try out and review? This is another chance for the OP to try out their product and if it meets his expectations, or doesn't meet his expectations, to state the problems he finds. Frog lube stepped up here and is inviting the OP to be a part of the improvement of their product. OP, be fair here.
How many times have we tried things that didn't work, got a repair done or bought something that didn't work out and became part of the solution?
Here is your chance OP.
Yeah your right there is no problem with a company sending out product for testing but to tell me it was my fault for not following the instructions (I did follow their instructions) but for the company to tell me only if I take down negative posts. That is great for the company but not for the consumer
Old 02-09-2014, 2:41 PM
Veteran Member

No problems with FL here
Old 02-10-2014, 8:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

No problems with Frog Lube here either. It's sits in the back of the cabinet behind all that Slip 2000, undisturbed.
Old 02-10-2014, 9:40 AM
Calguns Addict

pakfordirt-

To me it does not sound at all like you are being "bought off".

It sounds to me like they are offering to allow you to test their new & improved product for free, and if you like it, would you revise your previous review to reflect your updated opinion of the product. That's all.

I don't think there's any "push" to be a "fanboy". You posted something regarding an older version of the product, the mfr responded by improving the product, now they want a second chance to earn your regard for their product. And if you change your mind about the product, would you alter your original post to reflect the fact that your opinion has changed. At least, that's what I could make out based on your telling of it, since you didn't include exact quotes of what they sent you.

Is that fair? Seems to me like it is fair.
Old 02-10-2014, 9:50 AM
Calguns Addict

ETA: I do see quotes around your statement attributed to them, but I'm guessing that's a paraphrase rather than a direct quote. If it's a direct quote, they need to brush up their writing skills. It's pretty ambiguous exactly what is being proposed. Maybe a follow up note from you requesting clarification is in order. If they want to send you a sample of the new product free for review purposes, in the hopes that you'll provide an updated review, that's one thing. If they are conditioning sending you a free sample contingent upon you first removing your prior posts, then yes I think that's a little hinky and not the way a respectable business does things.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member

if you dont want it, send the new froglube my way!

Old 02-12-2014, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
ETA: I do see quotes around your statement attributed to them, but I'm guessing that's a paraphrase rather than a direct quote. If it's a direct quote, they need to brush up their writing skills. It's pretty ambiguous exactly what is being proposed. Maybe a follow up note from you requesting clarification is in order. If they want to send you a sample of the new product free for review purposes, in the hopes that you'll provide an updated review, that's one thing. If they are conditioning sending you a free sample contingent upon you first removing your prior posts, then yes I think that's a little hinky and not the way a respectable business does things.
You are right I posted the following from what looked like a standard email sent out in reference to the negative issues posted by many, I saw a change in tense at the end of the email. My take is a email is a shell sent with a slight change in the end for the end recipient. I have Googled the letter and others have had similar emails sent to them.

I will be filming a range day in 3 weeks. I have no need of new froglube I already have it. I will see, old to new froglube for prosperity purposes because some need to see in action.
Old 02-13-2014, 3:06 PM

link to story on crockpot usage, please?
Old 02-13-2014, 3:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
No problems with Frog Lube here either. It's sits in the back of the cabinet behind all that Slip 2000, undisturbed.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:04 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakfordirt View Post
I got an email from a Froglube someone addressing my issues using their product in a crockpot and having gumming issues here is what they had to say...

“We have two liquid versions on the market; a first issue that has been improved but is being phased out and a new version just now phasing in. It says "new" on the label, so it's obvious.
We learned something over the past 3 years and now we're applying the new technology.
We would like to send you our new product if you review our product again favorably and take down those posts.”

My issue is they are pushing me to review Froglube favorably for free product, why not my honest opinion, They paying for all of these youtube reviews and that is not right. I will not be bought to be a Froglube fanboy!
lol like every other company in the world doesn't do the same thing. grow up son....
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:09 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by geedavell View Post
Why would Frog Lube be concerned about a guy that has 14 posts on Calguns?
Why has this not been answered?
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 02-14-2014, 4:35 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Maybe he has 1mill post in another forum?
Old 02-14-2014, 5:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I know guys I'm about 3months new to this community and I will be here for a while. Don't trust me, hang out and maybe you might.
I know froglube su*ks so I do trust your review and post.
Old 02-14-2014, 6:46 AM
Banned

Froglube has worked fine for me. Would recommend
Old 02-14-2014, 10:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
The new product is what I have.... It says NEW on the bottle
Does the new formula contain Nonoxynol-9?

I can't afford to take risks.
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Old 02-14-2014, 10:56 PM
Calguns Addict

I like the smell. Rub it on pistol barrels before scrubbing the feed ramp and locking area then wipe off with clean lightly froglubed patch then reassemble.

Shop at AMAZON to help Calguns Foundation

CRPA Life Member. Click here to Join.

NRA Member JOIN HERE/
Old 02-15-2014, 7:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Froglube is trash... I've said it since day 1 and never waivered.

1A-2A = -1A
Old 02-15-2014, 7:22 AM

What's wrong with regular old gun oil and grease? I would never put frog lube on my guns....
Old 02-15-2014, 7:28 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G View Post
What's wrong with regular old gun oil and grease? I would never put frog lube on my guns....
This. Although I prefer militec.

1A-2A = -1A
Old 02-15-2014, 7:28 AM
Veteran Member

FL works on all my rifles and pistols quite well.. Never any "gumming" and certainly no problems after the gun sits in the safe for a few months... Pull it out, rack, bang bang every time.
Old 02-15-2014, 7:41 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Glock 34 with froglube and 6500 rounds in two years with no problems.