Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > New to Calguns? Check here first!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New to Calguns? Check here first! Introductions, How to's, FAQ's and posts of interest to new members.

Old 03-30-2013, 1:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Hello all!

Been lurking on these boards for a while now. Buying my first pistol from a fellow Cal-gunner tomorrow! Excited to get my (new to me) S&W M&P9!

This is a great community of people and I am glad I found it.

Brian
Old 03-30-2013, 4:22 PM

Well im "new",from SF. YES, that SF with rainbow flags and subjected to a few 2A whoopings, not the valley near LA but equally unfriendly with our tools.

Made this account a year ago, but because I got list and forgot my pw, it's actually my first day posting.

AB 174: proof that the government is trying to take your guns!
Old 03-30-2013, 7:40 PM

Hello all, I have been reading your forum for sometime now and must say "well done" It is nice to see such a dedicated group of people with a great passion for the American way of life.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:53 AM

Welcome to you all!
Old 03-31-2013, 5:53 PM

I'm another new kid on the block . (57) See ya on the threads ! JW
Old 04-01-2013, 11:22 AM

Default Newly Registered

Just discovered this site. Nice that it's friendly towards Californians.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:34 PM

Default Aloha!

Hi there Calguns. Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for the resource. Having never fired a gun but always been curious of it, I'm glad I found this site as a resource.

I hope I don't wear out my welcome as I'm sure I'll have some questions. I already signed up for a handgun safety class and am looking to perhaps purchase a handgun afterwards.

Anyways, Thanks!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:18 PM

I'm only seeing a few threads in some forums; particularly Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Locks & more. From the home page I see there is over 2000 threads. How do I show them? I've searched and tried most of the tools. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:41 AM

Hi All, as my handle might imply I am from Texas. Glad I found this forum as there is tons of very good information here. Thanks for having me here. Hope to be a positive contributor in the future. Again, keep all the great posts coming.
Old 04-07-2013, 6:36 PM

Hi All.

I'm a native Californian living in a suburb of L. A. I hunt and bust clay birds. I love guns in general but especially shotguns.

It really pains me when sellers on Guns America or Gun Broker say that they will not sell to buyers in "Kalifornia" until they get off their butts and change the gun laws. Now why didn't I think of that? I'll just get up off my butt and go flip some magic switch and all of the laws will just change overnight. The point is: we're trying, man.

Unfortunately, politics would be a lot easier if one didn't have to deal with people. Apparently, in accordance with the Constitution, more people voted for politicians who are anti-gun here than those who voted for politicians who aren't. As in a lot of states, the population in California is changing in it's makeup. Can't do much about that. You can't support the Constitution only when things are going your way. Maybe, with time, we can change people's attitudes, but it'll take a long time or something really cataclysmic. I hope against the cataclysmic. I'm finding that maybe political tactical training is just as important as firearm tactical training. I'm a rookie at both but I'm not giving up.

In the meantime, I'm taking note of those above mentioned sellers. They are entitled to their opinions, but so am I. I wish them well, but even if "Kalifornia" laws change I wouldn't buy a gun from them if they were the last ones on Earth. I want to thank them from the heart of my bottom for their understanding and support. There are still plenty of sellers out of state who will sell to us via an FFL. Thanks to them for their willingness to deal with us backwards people.

Sorry for the rant. I'm really decent to get along with and I'm joining this Forum because the stuff I'm complaining about makes me want to hang out with fellow sufferers. I feel like a kid in a candy store with all of the great info here. I look forward to future good times with you all here.
Old 04-08-2013, 5:20 PM

Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I discovered this site back in January at the Costa Mesa gun show and finally joined this past March. I purchased my first gun this past month at the same gun show, S&W SD9ve, with help from the information I got on this site.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:54 PM

Hello everybody, another newbe here. not just to calguns, but to forums in general. Better brush up on my keyboard skills.
Been handling weapons all my life, light gunsmithing as well. Built dozens of AR's in many different calibers and always eager to help where possible. I have certainly gained much knowledge from browsing these threads in the past.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:25 PM

Default New To The Forum

I just registered and am excited to be able to communicate with folks with similar interest. I am looking for someone near Sacramento, CA who is looking for a hunting partner. Completed "Hunter Education and Safety" course, been practicing my firearms skills for hunting as it has been quite awhile since I last hunted. I am a Vietnam Vet so I have field training and survival skills. I am retired and pretty flexiable as far as availibility during hunting season. Game desired to be hunted is as follows: wild boar (feral pigs), coyote, rabbit, pheasant, quail and deer and elk (if tags are obtained). Additionally, willing to try hunting other game as well, i.e., squirrel, raccoon, etc. If you are a fellow hunter and seek a hunting partner, send me a response so it can be discussed.

Last edited by sbwade; 04-09-2013 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 04-10-2013, 8:36 PM

Thumbs up New guy in Escondido

Popping in to say hi and that I appreciate the information shared here. You guys (and girls) are doing a good job.

Rick
Old 04-12-2013, 9:09 AM

Default LB

Hi everyone I am just joined, but I've been reading the forums here for quite some time. I'm in Long Beach and am mostly a recreational shooter.
Old 04-12-2013, 7:45 PM

Hey y'all, I just joined after a buddy of mine recommended your forum. I'm from California and I was stationed in San Diego for my last two years in the Navy, so my roots are here. I'm looking forward to the information I'll find here!

Thanks Again!
12oz
Old 04-12-2013, 10:14 PM

Hello everyone!
I'm a gun newbie from So.California.
I've been reading threads from this site, but access has been limited due to being unregistered. Now registered, I will make good use of this sites resources, and hope to learn a lot.
Thanks!
Old 04-13-2013, 12:35 PM

Pretty much a noob, had guns prior, just built my first AR. Currently in cen cal, trying to leave the state.
Old 04-15-2013, 5:34 PM

Default Hello

Hi I'm a new member and I think I'm going to like it here . I'm a member of other forums all with the same screen name so I may see you around . I like shooting long guns . I do have hand guns but don't have a whole lot of interest in handguns right now . My newest thing is learning to shoot unknown long range distances 500+yards with first round hits . I'm also just starting to reload so thats a big interest to me now as well . If I'm not working I'm doing something firearms related . That is me in a nut shell .

Thanks metal

Last edited by Metal God; 04-15-2013 at 5:37 PM..
Old 04-16-2013, 9:15 AM

Hello all, longtime hunter and shooter and sometimes lurker. Always interested in what brings most here. Hope to be a worthwhile contributor .
Quote:
If I only did the things I was supposed to do ,I would never do anything
Michael Smuin
Old 04-16-2013, 9:54 AM

Welcome all from a fellow newcomer!

-deployed
Old 04-16-2013, 10:12 PM

Default Glad you guys are here

New to Calguns, meet a few of ya'll at a gun show in costa mesa.
Glad someone in California is advocating gun rights.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:28 PM

Welcome to Calguns, girls with gun are so much fun!!
Old 04-17-2013, 3:09 PM

Sup folks new to the forum, Im Mark from Los Banos past through the forum a couple of times and finally I listened to a friend to sign up and start posting. I've been shooting since I was 5yrs old, my first rifle and still have it is a pass down from my grandfather a H&R Sportster 250 22lr bolt action. Well Anyways blah blah blah. Where can I go check out more awesome guns.....yaHhh!
Old 04-17-2013, 6:55 PM

Default Do you guys take NYers?

Hi everyone. I decided to join your forum after finding some good threads here about current law suits. Given that Kachalsky v. Cacace was recently denied cert. I am looking towards Moore v. Madigan and Woollard v. Sheridan. I live in upstate NY, my county does not issue full carry CC permits (most do not without 'proper cause'). I am a member over at nyfirearms under the same name. I know a few of you calguners have registered over there. I have experience with a few rifles, mostly .22's and a few larger caliber hunting rifles. No experience with an AR or handguns, as ARs are effectively illegal in NY and I am not old enough for a pistol permit and therefore cannot touch handguns. I look forward to getting out of this awful state and finding freedom in New Hampshire or Maine. Hopefully I can be a useful contributor on your threads relating to SCOTUS cases and gun control legislation on the federal level.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:38 AM

Hi everyone, I've been following the Calguns foundation for a while, but never got around to join the forums. I'm currently a student (7 more weeks before a degree in Biotechnology) at the anti 2A institute known as UC Davis. Lastly, yes, I've been kicked out of class before for supporting 2A.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:39 AM

Hi,

Signed on after following a few posts. Figured I should participate, rather than lurk...

Ted
Old 04-18-2013, 12:21 PM

Default Sup.

Hey Ladies and Gents,

I'm Jon and just coming on board, no pun intended, to this site. My friend told me that I could buy gear, and other stuff on here. Looking to see how it works, because I am in need of G26 mags.

I bought my first hand gun, a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm and I love it! My second one is a G27. Kick back on it is a beast!!

Signing off for now.
Old 04-18-2013, 1:34 PM

Default New to firearms and haven't lived in CA since '98

Hello all,

I'm Caleb. Bought my first firearms last Dec and moved (back)to CA last week. I haven't live here since I was a kid and it's been fun to be back. But being a new firearms owner and living in CA I need all the help I can get to mesh the state I love with my new hobby. Thanks to the search function I've been doing that pretty darn good so far. Thank you all, be seeing you around.
Old 04-18-2013, 2:44 PM

Hey guys,

I joined a while back but I haven't posted. I've finally acquired a decent armory, lately with the purchase of a Savage AXIS XP 308. Ive also got a Kimber 45, a Mossberg 12 Ga and a S&W .38 Special. Im looking forward to some good outdoor ranges to hone my skills that i learned in the USMC, and eventually getting into hunting.

SF,

Rich
Old 04-19-2013, 3:34 AM

Just joined the Calguns community, former USMC, lived my whole life in the Ventura, CA area before and after service. Joined in order to find other people who rally and or fight for our 2A rights.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:03 AM

Hello everybody. Tim here and new to the forum. Just happened to hear about Calguns listening to Roger Hedgecock on the am dial. Spent my whole life in California, 60 years! Been shooting and hunting since I was around 8.

Recently added a Glock 19 and a Savage 223 to my collection. Figured I had better get them while I still could, before the communists up in Sacramento shut the door. Well... I had better not get started down that road. Next thing you know I will be grabbing my soap box and begin preaching a 10 point gun control message!

Anyway this looks like a great forum. I look forward to getting acquainted with all you fine folks as we together navigate the bumpy 2nd ammendment road ahead.
Old 04-19-2013, 1:01 PM

Greetings and salutations. Thanks for letting me join the forum.. I have been shooting guns all my life. from Ohio originally where I trapped and hunted. then I joined the Navy.. shot lots of guns there. now I live in socal and have no idea where to shoot or anythihng. but I will learn. Have a great day.
Old 04-22-2013, 7:33 AM

Hey everybody, just dropping by to say hi

happy shooting
Old 04-24-2013, 3:48 AM

Greetings Everyone!

I'm new to the site and look forward to future contributions. I'm active duty Navy in Japan, but will be stationed in San Diego starting next summer (July 2014). I've got some questions, but will post after I make some semblance of an attempt to see if they've already been answered.

Have a good one!
Old 04-24-2013, 2:56 PM

Hi everyone new to the forum and just dropping in to say hi.
Old 04-25-2013, 7:41 AM

Hello Calguns! I am new member and live in the State of Jefferson
Old 04-26-2013, 7:57 AM

Hello everyone just recently joined I enjoy hunting,the outdoors and shooting
Old 04-26-2013, 9:11 AM

Default New to Calguns and the 1911 club

Well after many years of debating, I am finally getting my first 1911. Its a Springfield MC Operator. Gets out of jail this weekend. Great to join the forums, learn as much as I can, and hopefully contribute.

Many thanks to all the active posters. Now, if I only can find some reasonably priced quality 45ACP ammo....

fteixeira
Old 04-26-2013, 9:59 AM

Hi guys.im lookimg to be schooled by the pros on here